Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 12:42   #9121
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Today I have given the Figo for 70K service. I got an estimate of 5+K which sounded reasonable. Only Engine Oil, Filter and regular service labour cost I guess. However I have asked for Upholstry cleaning and got 2 quotes one standard 1450 Rs and one GermClean 1900Rs. If I compare this with Swift it was only 600Rs.

As some of you have mentioned Labour cost is high at Ford.
Old 8th March 2014, 13:54   #9122
BHPian

Done 50K service for my Figo TDCi yesterday. Cost is 3565. There is no specific issue, only regular oil change, filter change / cleanings plus labor charge.

MPL OMR service center is expanded with more capacity and can handle more volumes now. The place looks much better organized now. Service experience is good as usual so far.

My warranty expires in couple of months. The SA was selling hard for extended 4th year warranty which something around 9K. As of now i have decided not going for extended warranty.
Old 8th March 2014, 15:26   #9123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Just came across this product.
Has anyone used this or something similar?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Automatic-Cli...-/221386358237
Have seen it few months back, but the wiring involved was complex, hence turned it down. Also could exactly figure out where to fix it on the dashboard, so that it doesn't look bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Too bad about that.
Unfortunately ford spares are not easily available like Maruthi. Otherwise we could get these jobs done at local garages after warranty period.
I need to get some body work done, but am scared that Ford will rip me off.
Ford will surely charge high in case of body work, they charged me 3.8K for a small dent on the right rear fender, this figure was quoted when I told them that I don't want it done through insurance (in the end I got it done through insurance).

Just wondering what they would have quoted if I said "yes Insurance".
Old 8th March 2014, 19:18   #9124
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see Mars Red Ford Figo today!. I believe Ford Figo is now available in 3 shades of red.
Old 9th March 2014, 13:19   #9125
BHPian

I had a problem with engine check light coming on my Figo Titanium (2010 model) intermittently. Even after getting it checked by Ford Service Centre and getting the software updated, the problem didn't go away.

I did some reading on the net and found that one of the reasons mentioned was an old battery. While I had no problems in starting the car ever, realizing that the battery was already 4 years old, I decided to get it replaced. Before replacing, on checking it was found to give only 9.5 volts ( instead of 12 volts, I believe). I went for Exide Maintenance Free battery. After replacement, I had a sweet surprise waiting for me. While I haven't got the engine check light come on till date (have driven only 100 km since then anyway), I found that the engine has become very smooth and is pulling much better in each of the gears.

Any idea what could be happening here? Is it just a placebo effect? Or the ECU got reset due to battery getting disconnected and that is making a difference?
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 14:05   #9126
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Any idea what could be happening here? Is it just a placebo effect? Or the ECU got reset due to battery getting disconnected and that is making a difference?
I think you've nailed it.

The engine may start smoother and quicker due to the new battery churning out the rated voltage - this is no placebo effect.

The ECU should have got reset when you replaced the battery. If an ECU is riddled with error codes, with the "check engine" light coming on, it can affect the engine performance when compared to its normal operation. With the reset, it would have cleared the memory of the weak battery error, and hence is back to its normal smooth self with good throttle responses.
Old 9th March 2014, 14:22   #9127
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I added one extra bulb (extra brake lamp illumination) in the tail lamp and the DIY can be viewed in the below link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post3386934
RGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 00:48   #9128
BHPian

Figo Titanium, 2010 to 2014 features comparison?

Mods, if I have posted this in the wrong forum, please accept my apologies and relocated. Thank you.

To the experts here, I was wondering if there were anywhere I would be able to compare the amenities for the Figo (Titanium trim alone) from model year 2010 to model year 2014.

For example, when did Bluetooth appear, when did any engine capacities increase, etc. These are not specific questions, but more of examples.

Thank you and cheers
Old 12th March 2014, 02:00   #9129
Team-BHP Support

Re: Figo Titanium, 2010 to 2014 features comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Mods, if I have posted this in the wrong forum, please accept my apologies and relocated. Thank you.

To the experts here, I was wondering if there were anywhere I would be able to compare the amenities for the Figo (Titanium trim alone) from model year 2010 to model year 2014.

For example, when did Bluetooth appear, when did any engine capacities increase, etc. These are not specific questions, but more of examples.

Thank you and cheers
This thread has the details of the facelift:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...3-85-lacs.html

The first batches of Titanium starting in 2010 till sometime in 2011 did not have allow wheels and fog lamps. These were added sometime in mid 2011.

Facelift saw steering mounted audio controls added along with a host of other improvements.

Beginning of 2012 they cut down features of ZXi to widen the gap between Titanium and ZXi.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 02:07   #9130
BHPian

Thank you Vid. That helps a bit. So, I am guessing, if I want airbags, bluetooth, alloys, fog-lamps and steering-wheel mounted audio controls, I can look for 2012 model-year onwards to buy a used Titanium?

Out of the four features I mentioned, other than fog-lamps & maybe alloys, the remaining two features are mandatory for me. Hence my question.

Thanks again and cheers
Old 12th March 2014, 02:26   #9131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you Vid. That helps a bit. So, I am guessing, if I want airbags, bluetooth, alloys, fog-lamps and steering-wheel mounted audio controls, I can look for 2012 model-year onwards to buy a used Titanium?

Out of the four features I mentioned, other than fog-lamps & maybe alloys, the remaining two features are mandatory for me. Hence my question.

Thanks again and cheers
Bluetooth, ABS and airbags have been available on the Titanium variants from Day one. Any model even early 2010 will have these 3.

PS: Which city are you looking at? If Bangalore then mine is up for sale.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ord/Figo.html/

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th March 2014 at 02:28.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 12:14   #9132
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks again and cheers
The steering column mounted audio controls were introduced in the face-lift model I believe. That would be late 2012 to early 2013 models.
Old 12th March 2014, 12:29   #9133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
The steering column mounted audio controls were introduced in the face-lift model I believe. That would be late 2012 to early 2013 models.
Yes, the steering column mounted audio controls where introduced only on the present model. The audio control option is available for both ZXi and Titanium variants.
Old 12th March 2014, 14:16   #9134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The first batches of Titanium starting in 2010 till sometime in 2011 did not have allow wheels and fog lamps. These were added sometime in mid 2011. Beginning of 2012 they cut down features of ZXi to widen the gap between Titanium and ZXi.
Though alloy wheels was not part of stock, it was sold desperately and I remember they had quoted 19K+ and I politely declined way back in 2010. The only variance between the titanium and zxi was airbags and abs!

I walked in to buy the zxi and landed up with the titanium for an additional cost of 45K, never regretted that decision
Old 12th March 2014, 14:19   #9135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Though alloy wheels was not part of stock, it was sold desperately and I remember they had quoted 19K+ and I politely declined way back in 2010. The only variance between the titanium and zxi was airbags and abs!

I walked in to buy the zxi and landed up with the titanium for an additional cost of 45K, never regretted that decision
The ZXi lost the 5/6 speed intermittent wipers, the rear wash wipe and rear defogger after a few months.

Also, remember that the Titanium variants have larger diameter front discs resulting in better braking vs lower trims.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks