Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2015, 10:21   #9871
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Recently did the 70,000 km service. The bill was around Rs.5500 mainly oil change. Did wheel balancing & alignment also.

I am facing an issue of the speedometer not working on and off. The speedo suddenly stops working and restarts on its own after a few minutes. Attended during the service but the problem persists.

I was told that the engine bed is weak and needs replacement (Rs.4000). Has any one replaced this?
I had the same problem in my car some time back. This got fixed by itself!

When the Seepdo meter doesn't work does the car feel as tho it has lost power and working on some kind of a limp mode?
Old 28th February 2015, 12:10   #9872
BHPian

Quick Update:
Did the 30k service last week at MPL ford and the total bill was 4558.
Extremely satisfied with the service and they never tried to increase the amount for unnecessary stuff.
So far all services have cost less than what my friends with swift/dzire quote for their's.

Car is going as strong as ever and giving consistent performance through the months and years.
Old 28th February 2015, 13:33   #9873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
When the Seepdo meter doesn't work does the car feel as tho it has lost power and working on some kind of a limp mode?
In fact the SA asked me the same question but there is no difference in car performance. Unless you at the speedo you won't know it is not working.
Old 1st March 2015, 11:45   #9874
BHPian

Hi Figo Brethren,
Is there any way to fix a lamp in the boot of a Figo LXI? I really need to fix one and find it difficult/impractical without it on a day to day basis. Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 11:52   #9875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Is there any way to fix a lamp in the boot of a Figo LXI? I really need to fix one and find it difficult/impractical without it on a day to day basis. Thanks
It is quite easy, get it done at the dealership.
The Zxi and Titanium variants do have a cargo area lamp.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:55   #9876
BHPian

Anybody has an idea on what's the optimal operating temperature for the 1.4 TDCI?

Couple of days back the high temp light came on. I was idling, waiting at a train station (with A/C on) for about 20 mins when this happened. I restarted the car (typical IT folks ), it didn't help. I drove home slowly, the car didn't stop.

Today, I switched on the "Test" mode in the car. Couple of observations:-
* During my commute of approx 30 mins, the temp came till 82 C and then stabilized there for some time. I had not switched on the AC till then.

* After the temperature was stable at 82 C, I switched on the AC. The temperature started climbing up after this. I reached my office and kept idling the car. I waited till the temperature reached 100 C (the light didn't come on though). I couldn't wait longer, so switched off and called the workshop to take an appointment for tomorrow.

The car's 40K servicing was done in Dec '14. I believe they would have filled in the coolant as part of the servicing (I couldn't locate the bill).

Any other pointers about what could be the problem?

Last edited by shifu : 3rd March 2015 at 12:13. Reason: spelling
Old 3rd March 2015, 14:37   #9877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Anybody has an idea on what's the optimal operating temperature for the 1.4 TDCI?

Couple of days back the high temp light came on. I was idling, waiting at a train station (with A/C on) for about 20 mins when this happened. I restarted the car (typical IT folks ), it didn't help. I drove home slowly, the car didn't stop.

* During my commute of approx 30 mins, the temp came till 82 C and then stabilized there for some time. I had not switched on the AC till then.

* After the temperature was stable at 82 C, I switched on the AC. The temperature started climbing up after this. I reached my office and kept idling the car. I waited till the temperature reached 100 C (the light didn't come on though). I couldn't wait longer, so switched off and called the workshop to take an appointment for tomorrow.

The car's 40K servicing was done in Dec '14. I believe they would have filled in the coolant as part of the servicing (I couldn't locate the bill).

Did the fan come on while you did the experiment? Are the radiator fins clogged, impeding air flow?

Ideally, coolant temperature should not exceed 90-95 C.
Old 4th March 2015, 11:50   #9878
BHPian

Quote:

Something similar happened to my Figo exi last month. I told the SA that the fan doesn't seem to be working. He checked and changed the electric terminal on the fan.
Old 4th March 2015, 12:32   #9879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Did the fan come on while you did the experiment? Are the radiator fins clogged, impeding air flow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I told the SA that the fan doesn't seem to be working. He checked and changed the electric terminal on the fan.
I went to the workshop today and the motor of the radiator fan is not working. The SA is suggesting that I change the motor (around Rs 5-6k). He said he'll take 1 day to get this fixed and go for a long drive to test it. I couldn't leave the car today, will probably go back tomorrow.

How much did they charge you for the electric terminal on the fan? and how did they diagnose that it is not the motor but the terminal that is having a problem.
Old 4th March 2015, 14:35   #9880
BHPian

Quote:
I went to the workshop today and the motor of the radiator fan is not working. The SA is suggesting that I change the motor (around Rs 5-6k). He said he'll take 1 day to get this fixed and go for a long drive to test it. I couldn't leave the car today, will probably go back tomorrow.

How much did they charge you for the electric terminal on the fan? and how did they diagnose that it is not the motor but the terminal that is having a problem.
The fan was working intermittently in as on one short trip the AC was working and wasn't on the next.

They wanted to change the fan. I was ready for it too. Fortunately they changed the terminal and charged me 70 Rs!😊
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 10:24   #9881
Senior - BHPian

Before embarking on changing of fan, ensure that the thermostat(temperature switch or solenoid) that controls the fan operation is functioning perfectly.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 14:05   #9882
BANNED

Guys,

Need a help from any of the folks here who visit MPL FASS either Pallikaranai or OMR in Chennai.
I'm thinking of adding an additional OE Stock Horn in my 1.6 year old Figo as the current single horn is of no use in the traffic intense roads that I commute daily (I daily drive through the Velachery-SRP stretch to reach my office in Taramani). Has any one attempted this earlier at the FASS as I really don't want to mess up the warranty by switching to outer market Horns.
Old 11th March 2015, 15:20   #9883
Senior - BHPian

Got one of my alloys changed under warranty

I initially thought it would be painted, but Ford replaced it with a brand new one. I am one happy customer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Noticed paint peeling off on one one of my alloys. Is there any warranty for this ? See the pic below - some bubbling can be noticed around the area where it has started peeling off which definitely is a painting issue from the factory.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3616538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
Guys,

Need a help from any of the folks here who visit MPL FASS either Pallikaranai or OMR in Chennai.
I'm thinking of adding an additional OE Stock Horn in my 1.6 year old Figo as the current single horn is of no use in the traffic intense roads that I commute daily (I daily drive through the Velachery-SRP stretch to reach my office in Taramani). Has any one attempted this earlier at the FASS as I really don't want to mess up the warranty by switching to outer market Horns.
Get it changed at any good accessory place. I got my horns fixed at Privilege Moto Mall and they did not cut any factory wiring (only splice for the connection). FASS has not raised any concerns for aftermarket horns (have the Hella Trumpets). I am surprised you were able to manage with that terrible factory horn for so long !

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 11th March 2015 at 15:26.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 14:30   #9884
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Get it changed at any good accessory place. I got my horns fixed at Privilege Moto Mall and they did not cut any factory wiring (only splice for the connection). FASS has not raised any concerns for aftermarket horns (have the Hella Trumpets). I am surprised you were able to manage with that terrible factory horn for so long !
Tarun doesn't the Trumpets require an extra relay to be fixed? I'm a little afraid for that reason to proceed with the Trumpets and hence thinking of this round abouts for an additional OE horn.
Old 13th March 2015, 10:19   #9885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
Tarun doesn't the Trumpets require an extra relay to be fixed? I'm a little afraid for that reason to proceed with the Trumpets and hence thinking of this round abouts for an additional OE horn.
Yes it does, but I think any decent horn would require a relay since the stock horn has a single speaker. Like I said, get it done at a good place and there is nothing to worry about.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks