Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 17:05   #9751
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Recently got my 20K service done at MPL Ford on OMR, Chennai. I had no major issues to report, just 2 minor complaints;
  1. A noise when cranking the car that I could hear at times
  2. Rear right door not opening easily - Handle / latch to be checked

Although the manual calls for brake & clutch fluid to be changed at 20K, the dealers say it is not required and they only top up. I have seen many owners report this on the forum, hence I did not insist on it.

Standard items were changed - oil, oil filter, sump gasket, air filter & a/c filter. Bill came to Rs. 4000/-. For the starting noise they say they suspected the tensioner pulley and that was replaced under warranty. The door latch was also replaced under warranty.

Overall service experience was good and the SA kept me updated at all stages.

One not so pleasant thing is the dealer charges 1.75% extra for card transactions and I find this a very retrograde practise. Businesses should be encouraging cashless transactions now-a-days! Have dropped a mail to Ford on this. Let's see what they say.

Also noticed the vehicle health cards are not done so seriously. According to that my brake pads thickness have increased from my 10k - 20k service . Will put up a report on my ownership thread.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 29th December 2014 at 17:08.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 15:09   #9752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I think its maintenance free.. You can try the in-car diagnostic mode for re-confirmation. The video below will show you how to activate that.
If the V remains above 10V then your battery is fine.

Thank you. Yes tried this in-car diagnostics mode and voltage was not going below 11.5. So i am wondering why they asked me to change the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
I am holding my 2012 model Figo with 3 years warranty which is going to expire on January 12th, 2015. The Hyderabad Local dealers (Vibrant Motors and Fortune Ford) called me for an extended warranty for 4th year. When I asked the cost they said 14,400/-.
14K is really too much for 4th year warranty. Wonder why Ford charges so much for a small car for extended warranty, may be they are sure of high maintenance costs associated with their unreliable vehicle? Shame on Ford for selling such unreliable non-premium vehicle. Look at the 80K service bill mentioned below! If say it is Polo or i20 some how we can call it as premium segment needing costly service. But Figo with crappy interior, dated design and joke called rear power window costs so much for servicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I have given my 2010 Figo for 80k service. Last service was in July and cost me 26K. Plus body work. Now I have been given the following Quote:
Accessory bely and pully - 18k
Brake shoe, drum and bearing - 16k
Battery - 6.5k
Oil sump - 4k
Oil service - 8k
Rear bumper - 8k
Total >60k
On asking to check previous records, they say their service centers are not linked and so cannot get details of service done previously.
Why is Akshya ford charging so much? Which of these should I do now?
Why are you not going to some other service center which can check records. Mean time write to Ford about service center working without connectivity. 6.5K for battery is robbery, go for Amaron 45H battery. With old exchange you will get new battery for 3.7K.

From when rear bumper started costing 8K! I faintly remember price in some 3K range. I feel service center is taking you for ride, get an opinion from some other service center

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Recently got my 20K service done at MPL Ford on OMR, Chennai. I had no major issues to report, just 2 minor complaints;
  1. A noise when cranking the car that I could hear at times
  2. Rear right door not opening easily - Handle / latch to be checked

One not so pleasant thing is the dealer charges 1.75% extra for card transactions and I find this a very retrograde practise. .

Also noticed the vehicle health cards are not done so seriously. According to that my brake pads thickness have increased from my 10k - 20k service . Will put up a report on my ownership thread.
I guess they are charging the gateway charges to customer else they end up paying these charges in the name of cashless transaction.

http://www.ccavenue.com/pricing.jsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
From the next service onwards ( 70 K) I am not taking the FIGO to Ford ASC. I will get the car serviced at an independent garage

I believe the time has come when I should look for a suitable replacement for the FIGO which is a car which impressed me for the first 45 K KM. Since then the ownership experience has been down hill mainly due to the expensive maintenance.
Now you are scaring me My car has run 40K kms and will be out of warranty in couple of months. My car will be used lot more from next month onward. I hope Ford spare parts center opens soon across India so that we can service vehicle outside authorized service center. Currently i guess its open only in Delhi.
Old 30th December 2014, 15:46   #9753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Thank you. Yes tried this in-car diagnostics mode and voltage was not going below 11.5. So i am wondering why they asked me to change the battery.

14K is really too much for 4th year warranty. Wonder why Ford charges so much for a small car for extended warranty, may be they are sure of high maintenance costs associated with their unreliable vehicle? Shame on Ford for selling such unreliable non-premium vehicle. Look at the 80K service bill mentioned below! If say it is Polo or i20 some how we can call it as premium segment needing costly service. But Figo with crappy interior, dated design and joke called rear power window costs so much for servicing

Why are you not going to some other service center which can check records. Mean time write to Ford about service center working without connectivity. 6.5K for battery is robbery, go for Amaron 45H battery. With old exchange you will get new battery for 3.7K.

From when rear bumper started costing 8K! I faintly remember price in some 3K range. I feel service center is taking you for ride, get an opinion from some other service center

I guess they are charging the gateway charges to customer else they end up paying these charges in the name of cashless transaction.

Now you are scaring me My car has run 40K kms and will be out of warranty in couple of months. My car will be used lot more from next month onward. I hope Ford spare parts center opens soon across India so that we can service vehicle outside authorized service center. Currently i guess its open only in Delhi.
Recshenoy,

Independent workshops are still servicing and repaing Ford Vehicles. If the warranty is over, there is no reason for you to go to the Ford ASC who are hell bent in parting customers from their hard earned money. In this country independent garages service take care of most vehicle including high end imports. You just have to find a reliable garage nearby who is interested in making money over a long term basis by servicing a customer than some "investor" who wants quick returns on his investment which is not showing decent returns due to the small number of cars each dealership sells.

I recently got a broken wind shield repalced in 4.8K, saving on the co pay for insurance and the NCB) from a local garage. The amount quoted by Noda Ford was close to 16 K . The replaced wind shield is from Asahi.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 30th December 2014 at 15:48.
Old 30th December 2014, 15:46   #9754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I know they are passing on the gateway charges, but if small supermarkets are able to absorb these charges, the dealer must work around this. Imagine paying bigger repairs / body work where bill amounts will be quite high. You cannot expect customers to carry around so much in cash.

Do dealers in other cities charge this ? Maruti never charged me a card fee (in Pune).
Old 30th December 2014, 16:04   #9755
Senior - BHPian

Except got my Royal Enfield dealership, I have never paid any such fees to any ASC including Ford. However, some of them try to charge this saying that their bank charges the fess. Well this is cost of being in business. You cannot do every thing on a cost + basis in today's day and age. FOrd India needs to assert itself and lay doen some guidelines for its dealerships.

However, if the dealer is not making money or losing money, they are not always very receptive to the principal's guidelines.

This is an area where MSIL and Hyundai enforce discipline and the dealers also do not want to lose a lucrative business and are happy to comply.
Old 30th December 2014, 17:06   #9756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
My Figo's bluetooth connectivity was working seamlessly till my nexus 5 android version was upgraded from 4.4 to 5.

After I moved to Android 5, I am not happy with the calling function. When I dial a number, previously it used to pause music/radio immediately and resume after call is ended. Now, even after I dial a number music/radio is not paused immediately. It's paused only after dialed person actually answers the call. Else I don't even come to know what's happening with the call i.e. whether it's not able to connect through or the person is not answering my call etc.

Is someone else facing this issue?
I'm facing the exact same issue and it is very annoying! I'm yet to check if there is a firmware update for the music system!
The worst is when there are network connectivity errors and you are waiting for why nothing is happening.
Old 30th December 2014, 17:39   #9757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
I'm facing the exact same issue and it is very annoying! I'm yet to check if there is a firmware update for the music system!
The worst is when there are network connectivity errors and you are waiting for why nothing is happening.

You are not alone. Even my son's iPhone 5S caused the ICE to get cut off from the battery when he tried to sync his phone. I had to key in the code and reset all the settings, and thought he'd done something wrong. But after a gap of 3 months, it happened again!

I've had no problems with my Windows phone or my earlier Android phone. My daughter also has had no issues with her iPhone 5. But the issue seems to be witih iPhone 5S only. No idea of iPhone 6 though.
Old 31st December 2014, 12:06   #9758
BHPian

Got my 70k service done on Monday. No issues except for AC problems detailed few posts before. Apparently everything was fine.
The service cost was Rs 3880.
I had to replace the FM antenna which costed an additional Rs 890.
I paid by card, there were no extra charges asked for card transactions.
Luckily for me, I dont seem to be running heavy service costs like rajneesh or wildisdi5530. Touch wood!!

Last edited by Deep Blue : 31st December 2014 at 12:10.
Deep Blue is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 13:13   #9759
BHPian

Four years and eight months and the feeling is still the same. The same excitement and zest while driving this fabulous car!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20141231_141904.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20141231_164637.jpg  

Last edited by sumathindra : 1st January 2015 at 13:14. Reason: edits
sumathindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 16:32   #9760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Got my 70k service done on Monday. No issues except for AC problems detailed few posts before. Apparently everything was fine.
The service cost was Rs 3880.
I had to replace the FM antenna which costed an additional Rs 890.
I paid by card, there were no extra charges asked for card transactions.
Luckily for me, I dont seem to be running heavy service costs like rajneesh or wildisdi5530. Touch wood!!
That's quiet cheap for 70K service. Where you got the vehicle serviced? As far as I know there is only one service center for entire coastal Karnataka area, Cauvery Ford at Baikampady (Mangalore). I can see your location as Udupi so want to confirm if we have any other workshop in the area.

Do you know any other workshop (not authorized) in Mangalore / Udupi area who service Ford vehicles. Just a backup plan in case of expensive issues with the car or to do some simple work like bumper paint job. My Figo front bumper has good amount of scratches so wanted to get it repainted.
Old 2nd January 2015, 22:25   #9761
BHPian

Folks, on 25th Dec'14 I saw the water in diesel filter indicator in my Figo, took is to the ASC & got it checked. The SA had recommended a fuel tank cleaning & diesel filter check.

Post checking he confirmed there is no water in the fuel tank but there were traces of water in the filter, so had the filter changed. Costed me 2k for the filter & labour.

The very next day (I din't even fill up the tank post cleaning) & the water in fuel indicator came up again. Called up the SA & told him, he said I have to get the car for checking. On my back from office the indicator disappeared.

Form the last couple days the indicator is going on & off. Will be taking the car for check up tomorrow. Any advice on what the issue could be will really be appreciated. The ODO reads 42782 kms as of today & it has been 22 months since I had brought the car.

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 2nd January 2015 at 22:26.
Old 3rd January 2015, 15:11   #9762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post

Form the last couple days the indicator is going on & off. Will be taking the car for check up tomorrow. Any advice on what the issue could be will really be appreciated. The ODO reads 42782 kms as of today & it has been 22 months since I had brought the car.
This looks like a bad cleaning job by the ASC. Please do confirm with them that they have done everything that Ford recommends dealers to do on seeing a warning light like this.

It could also be that the Dealer missed to clear the Trouble code which is set in the ECU on detecting the error. if there is a DTC (diagnostic trouble code) set in the ECU, dealer should be able to diagnose when the trouble code was set (approximately before/after the tank and filter cleaning) which should give you some idea. But all this said, not sure if the dealers are capable enough to check this. If they cannot, please ask them to contact Ford who should be able to offer you some help.
twin_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 11:51   #9763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Four years and eight months and the feeling is still the same. The same excitement and zest while driving this fabulous car!
You bet. I have had some issues with the car, besides the service center location is also little away from my place. But one long drive and all is forgiven.
Quote:
1. Where you got the vehicle serviced?
2.Do you know any other workshop (not authorized) in Mangalore / Udupi area who service Ford vehicles.
1. Cauvery Ford, Baikampady, Mangalore. It is a massive pain to take the car to service and again to go and get it back. Even for Mangaloreans, that is the most lousy location for a service centre they could ever think of.

2.Two guys in Udupi had offered to service my Figo. But I have not given to any of them till now. One of them is authorised Hyundai service centre. He services my wife's i10. I have done small jobs with him. For paint jobs in Mangalore, you can go to Carz spa (Sanjay Shet) in Mannagudda. His work is excellent but costs as much as the service centre. You can check reviews here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...galore-ka.html
Old 5th January 2015, 16:39   #9764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin_turbo View Post
This looks like a bad cleaning job by the ASC. Please do confirm with them that they have done everything that Ford recommends dealers to do on seeing a warning light like this.

It could also be that the Dealer missed to clear the Trouble code which is set in the ECU on detecting the error. if there is a DTC (diagnostic trouble code) set in the ECU, dealer should be able to diagnose when the trouble code was set (approximately before/after the tank and filter cleaning) which should give you some idea. But all this said, not sure if the dealers are capable enough to check this. If they cannot, please ask them to contact Ford who should be able to offer you some help.
Ford ASC did a recheck & admitted that post cleaning the fuel tank & replacing the fuel fulter, they filled the same old diesel in the tank, as the fuel quality was good.

I am gonna collect the car today & spoke to the SA manager, he said they have cleaned the fuel tank & replaced the filter again, but still the indicator has not gone. He then confirmed that the issue was due to the "Racechip" being installed.

I told I had it installed ever since the car crossed 10k kms, he said the indicator was gone the minute the racechip was removed & he checked it with other cars & that the indicator was flashing when the racechip was installed.

The job was done free of cost & I will reinstall the racechip & check it myself if SA manager is right, but wanted to understand if any Racechip owners have experienced this issue.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 17:06   #9765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Ford ASC did a recheck & admitted that post cleaning the fuel tank & replacing the fuel fulter, they filled the same old diesel in the tank, as the fuel quality was good.
That is really funny. Shows the incompetency of the dealer.

Quote:

I am gonna collect the car today & spoke to the SA manager, he said they have cleaned the fuel tank & replaced the filter again, but still the indicator has not gone. He then confirmed that the issue was due to the "Racechip" being installed.
I don't think Racechip is a root cause for this. Especially because you had no such issues before the first time the lamp came on. Also, the fuel is ought to be contaminated for sure if water was present earlier. Cleaning again thoroughly (and clearing the DTC) should fix the problem. Hope they do it well this time around.

Also please try to figure out possible ways the water entered in the first place like fueling in an uncovered pump/Water entry while pressure washing through broken washer/cap etc. Better avoid than spend the hard earned money.
twin_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks