Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2015, 17:41   #9766
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Noticed paint peeling off on one one of my alloys. Is there any warranty for this ? See the pic below - some bubbling can be noticed around the area where it has started peeling off which definitely is a painting issue from the factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-alloy.jpg  

Old 5th January 2015, 17:49   #9767
Mik
BHPian

Completed a long distance run on my Figo over the holidays.

Gurgaon - Vadodara Overnight - Pune on 29/30 Dec
Mileage Returned: 19kmpl (I am generally one of the faster ones on the road)

Pune - super quick mumbai darshan - HimmatNagar Overnight- super quick udaipur darshan - Gurgaon 3rd/4th Jan
Mileage Returned: 20 kmpl (Full tank on Shell Diesel in Pune contributed I guess)

The trouble:

On the Jaipur-Delhi stretch, I ran over a major pothole @100 and my rear left tyre bore the brunt and got damaged! Yep, frantically changing the tyre on an eerie stretch of the highway at 11 at night with wifey on board was a pretty unnerving experience
My GoodYear GT tyres are 30k km old and have fair amount of depth left. I was planning on switching to Michelin XM2s after 45k km.
Now, I wonder whether it is worth replacing all tyres and switch over to XM2s right now or replace the damaged one with another GoodYear GT and continue on them. At my current pace of running, I will hit 45k only after a year.

Any insights from people who switched to Michelins ?
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 12:14   #9768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Completed a long distance run on my Figo over the holidays.

Gurgaon - Vadodara Overnight - Pune on 29/30 Dec
Mileage Returned: 19kmpl (I am generally one of the faster ones on the road)

Pune - super quick mumbai darshan - HimmatNagar Overnight- super quick udaipur darshan - Gurgaon 3rd/4th Jan
Mileage Returned: 20 kmpl (Full tank on Shell Diesel in Pune contributed I guess)

The trouble:

On the Jaipur-Delhi stretch, I ran over a major pothole @100 and my rear left tyre bore the brunt and got damaged! Yep, frantically changing the tyre on an eerie stretch of the highway at 11 at night with wifey on board was a pretty unnerving experience
My GoodYear GT tyres are 30k km old and have fair amount of depth left. I was planning on switching to Michelin XM2s after 45k km.
Now, I wonder whether it is worth replacing all tyres and switch over to XM2s right now or replace the damaged one with another GoodYear GT and continue on them. At my current pace of running, I will hit 45k only after a year.

Michelin XM2 are highly recommended. I replaced the OEM set on day one with Michelin. My front pair gave up at 44k and I replaced them with Continental just to find out how they stood relatively. The rear are still Michelin and good for another 10k. I will move the continental to rear when the time comes. All these are one size up.
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 15:57   #9769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I have given my 2010 Figo for 80k service. Last service was in July and cost me 26K. Plus body work. Now I have been given the following Quote:
Accessory bely and pully - 18k
Brake shoe, drum and bearing - 16k
Battery - 6.5k
Oil sump - 4k
Oil service - 8k
Rear bumper - 8k
Total >60k
On asking to check previous records, they say their service centers are not linked and so cannot get details of service done previously.
Why is Akshya ford charging so much? Which of these should I do now?
After warranty is over, what needs to be changed in the car is entirely your call. Rather than getting ripped off by A.S.S in the name of preventive maintenance i would recommend you tell them what you want to be fixed or find a good next door garage. A.S.S guys told me 3 yrs back that belt pulley has gone bad on my Ikon and needs replacement. I refused and till today I am yet to face any issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
From the next service onwards ( 70 K) I am not taking the FIGO to Ford ASC. I will get the car serviced at an independent garage. Figo maintenance cost a bomb and I am not the only customer who had been receiving these exhorbitant bills.

I believe the time has come when I should look for a suitable replacement for the FIGO which is a car which impressed me for the first 45 K KM. Since then the ownership experience has been down hill mainly due to the expensive maintenance.
Like i said above, avoid the A.S.S once warranty is over. Replace stuff that are broken and not preventive maintenance. Are you facing too many issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
The job was done free of cost & I will reinstall the racechip & check it myself if SA manager is right, but wanted to understand if any Racechip owners have experienced this issue.
Absolutely ridiculous explanation from the A.S.S. Blame it on something else so that they don't have to face the blame. You can drive around without the racechip for sometime to prove it to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
I have been extremely happy with XM1+ on my Ikon for last 3 yrs. Superb ride and decent durability. Just like you plan to change the OEM Acceleres to XM2 once i hit 40k. Keep us informed if you change.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 15:34   #9770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin_turbo View Post
I don't think Racechip is a root cause for this. Especially because you had no such issues before the first time the lamp came on. Also, the fuel is ought to be contaminated for sure if water was present earlier. Cleaning again thoroughly (and clearing the DTC) should fix the problem. Hope they do it well this time around.

Also please try to figure out possible ways the water entered in the first place like fueling in an uncovered pump/Water entry while pressure washing through broken washer/cap etc. Better avoid than spend the hard earned money.
I am monitoring the car without the racechip currently. Will install it over the weekend & check it again.

The washer/cap is fine & I fill her up in a trusted pump, should not be a issue there, but will still be careful. The A.S.S did confirm they thoroughly cleaned & cleared the DTC as well. I hope for the best.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 22:47   #9771
BHPian

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/01/car...ay-2015-model/ So, coming to an end of 5 years in market.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th January 2015 at 15:48. Reason: Fixing Link
Old 8th January 2015, 23:00   #9772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/01/car...2015-model/.So coming to an end of 5yrs in market.
Sigh. So quick. Ikon lasted a full 10 years, so did the old fiesta. Mondeo and Fusion did not sell in large numbers in the first case.

But not the Figo. It made Ford accessible to the common man, yet, just 5 years. And when the Classic too gets discontinued, the era(read:feel) of hydraulic power steerings gets over too.

Last edited by ramzsys : 8th January 2015 at 23:13.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 08:23   #9773
Senior - BHPian

My 2010 red Ford Figo recently went for 80k service and rear bumper replacement. There was no body work done. I'm uploading the bill.There were serious warnings about the unroadworthiness of the car and the INR 60k worth of work necessary. But I had a suspicion that I was being conned. The Tirunelveli Akshya Ford is not networked and thought I've not serviced the car since 53K kms. Perhaps they wanted to milk me for 3 services worth. I'm back in Bangalore now.
Kindly review the bill and advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-msr-04018.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-msr-04019.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-msr-04020.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-msr-04021.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-msr-04022.jpg  

Last edited by wildsdi5530 : 9th January 2015 at 08:26. Reason: Spelling mistake.
Old 9th January 2015, 09:26   #9774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
There were serious warnings about the unroadworthiness of the car and the INR 60k worth of work necessary. The Tirunelveli Akshya Ford is not networked and thought I've not serviced the car since 53K kms. Kindly review the bill and advice.
1. The jobs carried out and the rates as per the attached bill appears normal. The new bumper and the painting are the major ones along with the filters and lubricants and the rates are normal.
2. What are the reasons or symptoms which made them state that the car is notroadworthy and what are the Rs 60K worth jobs contemplated?
3. None of the Ford dealerships are network connected like Maruthi Service Centers. In Kochi, there are four workshops for a dealer, which themselves are not connected.
4. The brake pads are within acceptable limits now.
Battery condition is OK then why replacement
Tyres replacement depends on condition.
Drive shafts needs to be replaced only when damaged. Is there any noise now?
5. Get the timing belt replaced at next service.

Last edited by rajeev k : 9th January 2015 at 09:39.
Old 9th January 2015, 18:45   #9775
Senior - BHPian

@rajeev k: routine 80k service. No particular complaints. In fact the car was driven 750 km from Bangalore to tirunelveli for holls. Regarding bumper replacement, why is an additional denting added? And why do many colours are used? I know that with Ford, labour charges = parts cost. I expected it to cost INR 4K, but it has become INR 6697/-.
Also what is on the bottom of the vehicle report card? All this after spending 28K for 70k service in July '14.
Old 12th January 2015, 10:14   #9776
BHPian

Has anybody had a chance to review any of the below headlights ?
1. Osram Night Breaker Unlimited +110%
2. Philips x-treme vision +130%

The accessories shop in chennai are charging ₹3600 for Osram H4 ones, i want to find out how good they are since the stock headlamps are not close to being good in Figos.

X-treme Vision +100% are very hard to get and X-treme vision +130% are not available yet, wondering if they are good.

Powerbulbs UK seems to sell Osram and Philips ones at much lower cost (including shipping and a 15% discount currently) that Chennai retail.

The question is, is it really worth looking at these performance bulbs ?
Old 12th January 2015, 10:32   #9777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Has anybody had a chance to review any of the below headlights ?
1. Osram Night Breaker Unlimited +110%
2. Philips x-treme vision +130%

The accessories shop in chennai are charging ₹3600 for Osram H4 ones,

The question is, is it really worth looking at these performance bulbs ?
I have used Osram Night breaker plus, it was ~1.5k when i bought it 1.5 year back, but this Osram Night Breaker Unlimited sounds way too expensive, 3.6k!!?

Anyways, to me the Osram NB+ doesn't actually worked out, it does increase the visibility but in a very lesser margin. I recently went for 90/100 setup and it is way better than the NB+ and its cheaper 1.2k the whole kit(Wiriing relay, Bulbs).

If you are worried about warranty, then go for AUX lamps from Hella.

The problem is actually in the OEM headlight's reflector design, adding powerfull bulbs helps to an extent but it doesn't eliminate the issue 100%. So adding AUX lamp helps to address this.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:15   #9778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Sigh. So quick. Ikon lasted a full 10 years, so did the old fiesta. Mondeo and Fusion did not sell in large numbers in the first case.

But not the Figo. It made Ford accessible to the common man, yet, just 5 years. And when the Classic too gets discontinued, the era(read:feel) of hydraulic power steerings gets over too.
Problem is that it was already a 10-year old platform when introduced. While a good car and though it has the best ride and handling in the price range, you only have to compare it to the competition to see how out-of-date it is.
Old 12th January 2015, 15:36   #9779
BHPian

I posted the below in the Technical stuff section but I am desperate to ask you guys for help and hence repeating here.

I am facing issue with connecting my iPhone 6 with the Figo bluetooth. All my other devices (Nexus 5, Sony Xperia etc.) connect without any problem. I've removed all the devices from the list and just the iPhone. I've also renamed my iPhone device name (I saw that as one solution on the web) but that hasn't solved the problem. Can any of you please help with some ideas / suggestions? Is there a HU specific software / firmware upgrade that I can do at the service center?

Please help.
Old 13th January 2015, 15:11   #9780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I posted the below in the Technical stuff section but I am desperate to ask you guys for help and hence repeating here.

I am facing issue with connecting my iPhone 6 with the Figo bluetooth. All my other devices (Nexus 5, Sony Xperia etc.) connect without any problem. I've removed all the devices from the list and just the iPhone. I've also renamed my iPhone device name (I saw that as one solution on the web) but that hasn't solved the problem. Can any of you please help with some ideas / suggestions? Is there a HU specific software / firmware upgrade that I can do at the service center?

Please help.
Looks like this is some firmware related issue. I am using iPhone6 with Figo bluetooth and it works absolutely flawless.

I insist you get latest firmware/software flashed from the service center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks