Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2014, 20:38   #9646
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
MyAC is giving me some issues. It works well during start and short rides. However, After 3+ hrs on a highway ride it suddenly changes behavior. Whatever the setting on the blower the volume of air does not increase but noise from blower increases. The volume of air is equal to setting 1 even if blower is in 4. The air is not very cold either and it gets hot in the cabin. After switching off for a while it behaves normally. Has anyone faced it?? My TDCI is 3.5 yrs old and run 60k.
Get the gas topped up and the filter under the dash cleaned from an friendly A/C Repair shop. There is a good one on Inner Ring Road , Ejipura signal.

I had the same issue around 25k kms during long trips. Got this work done and have run probably another 5-6k kms with no issues.
Old 24th October 2014, 10:37   #9647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Need advice,

Nowadays, on some mornings my car starts only on second attempt. I have checked the battery condition using the in car diagnostic display mode, Battery showing 12.3/12.4 V before crank and it goes down 10 or 9 while crank start. Is this indicate a week battery?
Sometimes i do get ignition beep while cranking (No this is after the normal 3+3 beep for ignition coil, which i normally wait for to crank start)

Mine is 2.7 years old Figo TDCI with 35k on ODO, with after market horn and with Amp/Sub/Comp added to OEM audio unit.

I'am planning for a highway run during Diwali week, so i need to ensure things are ok.
Checked this on my Cousin's Figo TDCI. On his Car battery Volt goes down to only 11 while cranking, whereas in my case it goes down to 9. Also while cranking, ignition beep plus security system light on the speedo console blinks. All these symptoms goes to signs of a weak battery :-(.
Old 24th October 2014, 11:14   #9648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked this on my Cousin's Figo TDCI. On his Car battery Volt goes down to only 11 while cranking, whereas in my case it goes down to 9. Also while cranking, ignition beep plus security system light on the speedo console blinks. All these symptoms goes to signs of a weak battery :-(.
It is time for a replacement, better do it ASAP before the battery dies completely and leaves you stranded.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 18:06   #9649
BHPian

I don't want to take a risk and getting stranded due to weak battery. so went ahead and changed the battery to Amaron FLO Din 45 Ah. Costed me 3850/- after exchanging the old battery. The OEM lasted only 2.7 yrs but i'm seeing many members reported that they changed battery only after 3-4 yrs :-(. Anyways i think Amp, sub and after market horn might add the reason for this.
Btw, Ford ASC quoted 5600/- for battery with 2 years warranty and 6300/- for battery with 4 years warranty.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 24th October 2014 at 18:08.
Old 24th October 2014, 18:30   #9650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The OEM lasted only 2.7 yrs but i'm seeing many members reported that they changed battery only after 3-4 yrs :-(. Anyways i think Amp, sub and after market horn might add the reason for this.
A lot would depend on how often and the pattern of using electrical accessories fitted.

My Figo is just over 4 years old and the battery is in good health as tested in the last service.
The extra electrical fitements- a 4 channel AMP, a bass tube, front components and rear speakers. A set of Hella trumpets along with the original dual horns, 100w bulbs replacing the original headlamps, Hella Aux lamps with 100w bulbs in them, and connected bulbs fitted in all the empty slots in the tail lamp cluster.

I make sure I don't use all of these at once and I hardly blast the ICE. Headlamps remain turned off at signals and jams. Aux lights used only on highways and not continuously . I use the car mostly during weekends, but it has seen a lot of highway runs which can lead to better charging of the battery.

I make sure I revv the car once a week , either at idle when not been used, or while driving. At the same time I make sure I give the battery a good work out by using the electrical fitments often , so it is like a good discharge and re-charge for the battery which makes it last.

Not to make you feel bad that the battery did not last long for you. It differs, and maybe you can make this one last longer.

Last edited by tharian : 24th October 2014 at 18:34.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 21:06   #9651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
A lot would depend on how often and the pattern of using electrical accessories fitted.

My Figo is just over 4 years old and the battery is in good health as tested in the last service.
Great going.
My daily drive is through B2B traffic zone and many short trips, that's one more thing which contributed to low battery life.
Old 25th October 2014, 00:00   #9652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't want to take a risk and getting stranded due to weak battery. so went ahead and changed the battery to Amaron FLO Din 45 Ah. Costed me 3850/- after exchanging the old battery. The OEM lasted only 2.7 yrs but i'm seeing many members reported that they changed battery only after 3-4 yrs :-(. Anyways i think Amp, sub and after market horn might add the reason for this.
Btw, Ford ASC quoted 5600/- for battery with 2 years warranty and 6300/- for battery with 4 years warranty.
Good Choice with the Amaron, and good timing. It will last you long really long . Ford batteries are over priced.

The others maybe have a Petrol figo, even I drive a pertrol figo. My battery is in Good condition even after 4 1/2 years of use.
So don't feel bad that your battery last you on 2 years or so.
If it makes you feel any better, In my friends cedia the battery lasted for just 28 months before it was replaced He never had anything aftermarket.
Quote:
Diesel Engines require more battery juice to start But then again several things can effect battery.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 16:41   #9653
BHPian

After a gap of few months, I have again started getting the dreaded check-engine light in my 2010, petrol, Titanium Figo quite frequently (I stopped getting it for few months after I replaced the battery). When this happens, the car loses all power, I have to stop the car and restart it. Once restarted, it runs fine as if there was never any problem.

I have also tried to pair it with OBD scanner, but that doesn't show any error code. Could it be to do with the fact that I have got both amplifier and sub-woofer installed in the car?

Would love to hear on how to decode on what the issue is.
Old 28th October 2014, 13:54   #9654
BHPian

It has been 4.5 years with the FIGO and last week I encountered something strange. I believe this may have been discussed earlier.

I was negotiating a turn just near my home and the car just stalled and the steering got tight and almost locked. I managed to glide the car to the corner and turned off the engine! After a few seconds, started it and everything was ok and went home.

Is there something I must get checked OR just ignore and move on?
Old 28th October 2014, 14:10   #9655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
It has been 4.5 years with the FIGO and last week I encountered something strange. I believe this may have been discussed earlier.

------snip-------

You should get the car checked for why it stalled, provided it wasn't a normal stall owing to high gear, low speed.
The steering getting harder is a consequence of the engine shutting off, so no need to worry about, if you were.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:18   #9656
BHPian

Quote:

I was negotiating a turn just near my home and the car just stalled and the steering got tight and almost locked. I managed to glide the car to the corner and turned off the engine! After a few seconds, started it and everything was ok and went home.

Were you down shifting when this happened? This sounds very similar to this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-ford-38.html

The fix is very simple, a ECU software upgrade. But I'll be surprised if this is the cause as your car should have been upgraded with the latest version as part of the servicing (provided you get it serviced regularly at a Ford ASS workshop).
Old 28th October 2014, 15:18   #9657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have you replaced the battery till date?

Stalling on a 1.2 is very rare. It happened to me twice while down shifting to slow down .

I would suggest checking the battery charge either in the dash or at Ford,
Old 29th October 2014, 16:01   #9658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Were you down shifting when this happened? This sounds very similar to this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-ford-38.html

The fix is very simple, a ECU software upgrade. But I'll be surprised if this is the cause as your car should have been upgraded with the latest version as part of the servicing (provided you get it serviced regularly at a Ford ASS workshop).
My service has been regular at Lathangi ford. The last service was without an upgrade! Wonder why and I have to now go back and get it done now or wait for the next service due in a couple of months. I thought they should do it proactively.
Old 29th October 2014, 16:04   #9659
BHPian

Quote:
Have you replaced the battery till date?

Stalling on a 1.2 is very rare. It happened to me twice while down shifting to slow down .

I would suggest checking the battery charge either in the dash or at Ford,
No the battery has not been replaced till date. Yes I was down shifting however this is the first time this occurred, so i very much doubt the down shifting theory. I guess I have to check the EUC upgrade.

Last edited by sumathindra : 29th October 2014 at 16:05. Reason: edits
Old 29th October 2014, 16:30   #9660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My service has been regular at Lathangi ford. The last service was without an upgrade! Wonder why and I have to now go back and get it done now or wait for the next service due in a couple of months. I thought they should do it proactively.
As far as I know and inquired, there was no ECU upgrade for the 1.2 for this or any issue, so you might draw a blank there with the SA when inquiring.

Quote:
No the battery has not been replaced till date. Yes I was down shifting however this is the first time this occurred, so i very much doubt the down shifting theory. I guess I have to check the EUC upgrade.
The connection between the battery and the downshifting is that the revs go below the idle rpm at times when depressing the clutch and this is when on two occasions the engine shut down for me. But my battery has been fine and I have never had the issue again so I treated it as a one off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks