Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2013, 19:33   #8896
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have a mild thud noise coming from the front rear since I bought this car 3 years back. This is noticeable only when the bump is sharp (be it plastic or other bumps). Also this is not appearing when I have a co-passenger in the front seat.

I have reported this to SA of Lathangi in all my services 40 K service. Every time they check and say no issue but this is still there. I think in 40K they changed outer tie rod also i guess but did not address this issue.

Decided to live with this as there is no issue other than this sound
Old 22nd December 2013, 11:43   #8897
BHPian

I recently sold my 07 Verna and would be buying a new car in early 2014. I have been driving a FIGO TDCI from the last 2 weeks as a stop gap arrangement which belongs to my cousin and I should admit that Iam truly liking this car.
Its a practical car for the city and I had 1 tank up in that last 2 weeks and the car returned me a good FE of 16.7 kmpl this is in 100% peak hours of traffic with 50% AC. I would be taking this car on the highway next Saturday and I will post my experience of its behavior on a 4 lane road soon after I return.
I find the steering excellent & the suspension is decent absolutely no rattles which is good for a '11 car. The stock music system is surprisingly pretty good and it manages the bass & the beats very well. I never felt tired after an hours drive in the bumper to bumper traffic , thanks to the clutch which was very good to handle.
Regarding GC i did not have any horrifying experiences as the max passengers were 2 so far.
I felt the sheet metal could have been better as it was caving in when I gave it good rub with wax this morning , however I guess this is the case with most of the cars now a days my old Verna was stronger and I never felt the metal caving in while rubbing.
Of course yes the sound of the cold engine is pretty high although it settles a bit after a few kilometers however , the noise is definitely evident inside the cabin but not unacceptable IMO.
I will post more details and feedback in a weeks time after my highway run with this successful and well selling hatch.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 15:50   #8898

Ford classic instrument cluster on figo

Hi all
Does anyone have any information regarding the compatibility of Ford classic's instrument cluster to figo? Physical dimensions seems to be same. What about the connectors? If you change the meters, does the odo reading will change? Or is it being stored in ECU?
Thanks in advance
Venu
Old 22nd December 2013, 20:20   #8899
BHPian

Re: Ford classic instrument cluster on figo

Why do you want to change the original one that came in your Figo?
Old 23rd December 2013, 10:56   #8900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I recently sold my 07 Verna and would be buying a new car in early 2014.
=============
I will post more details and feedback in a weeks time after my highway run with this successful and well selling hatch.
The Figo is undoubtedly a great performer in city traffic (attributed to its zero turbo lag). Though its FE is not as great as the MJD powered cars, it does return a very good FE (with medium to heavy traffic & 10% a/c mix, I have been getting 18-19 kmpl consistently).

On a recent highway trip (avg speed 110 kmph), the FIGO returned a very decent FE of 19.5 kmpl. Also the the car is a great handler, feels planted at high speeds. But the engine lacks top end, once you touch 120 kmph, you will feel the engine is working hard (can be negated with a tuning box I believe). The GC is a bit of concern, until unless its fully loaded though (never faced any issues with 5 people on board in HYD).

As for the NVH levels, they have been greatly improved in the facelift version, all in all its the best VFM car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Looks like many of us are reporting similar problem.
===========
Will get it checked then to see what is the real issue.
Please do keep us posted, if the issue is resolved, will have the same done during my 20k service. Else will check the C pillar trim as suggested by figo_mba.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd December 2013 at 11:17.
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:56   #8901
Senior - BHPian

Dear Venu

Why do you want to change?

The Fiesta meters are directly connected from the ECU and to fit that into the Figo, the entire ECU would have to be remapped.

Additionally, Figo unit does not have the traditional Temp Gauge which is present in the Fiesta.

I guess the connectors may not be accurate.

Suggest you keep the same as stock and not tamper with the same!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:03   #8902
Distinguished - BHPian

Almost all the meter consoles these days are wired and get inputs for almost everything shown in display through the ECU. A pair of ribbon cables is what you would normally see behind them.
Apart from the fact that these connectors should match like many mention here, you will also have to ascertain what outputs are these connectors providing to be displayed on the console.
As pointed out, I see that there is a variation right from the Temperature Gauge (Digital/Analog) itself and hence this would be a bad idea to think of.
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:01   #8903
BHPian

Just saw a facelifted Figo in a new Maroon shade...

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo.jpg

Looks cool.
shantanumishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:06   #8904

Moderator note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Why do you want to change the original one that came in your Figo?
Better looking, traditinal temp gauge, 3 line MID...... Mine is an Exi, one without a tacho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Almost all the meter consoles these days are wired and get inputs for almost everything shown in display through the ECU. A pair of ribbon cables is what you would normally see behind them. Apart from the fact that these connectors should match like many mention here, you will also have to ascertain what outputs are these connectors providing to be displayed on the console. As pointed out, I see that there is a variation right from the Temperature Gauge (Digital/Analog) itself and hence this would be a bad idea to think of.
I've read that there are.ways to display temp in the original console. So the meter is receiving the information but not displaying it. I know that an obd and a tab arrangement can give you all the information. Had a lot of free time in the past couple of days!!! Idle minds are tinkers workshop!

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd December 2013 at 18:17.
Old 24th December 2013, 11:00   #8905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
And this setting change is not permanent. You have to do this every time the unit is powered on.
It is not permanent for the first time, but I followed the process continuously for 6-7 times & today I noticed it automatically displayed the song name.

I guess the head unit stores it in memory after doing it 6-7 times.
Old 24th December 2013, 11:31   #8906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post

It is not permanent for the first time, but I followed the process continuously for 6-7 times & today I noticed it automatically displayed the song name.

I guess the head unit stores it in memory after doing it 6-7 times.
Same here, it's now permanent for me too.
Old 29th December 2013, 22:10   #8907
BHPian

As mentioned in my previous post I had a chance to take this hatch out onto the Highway and check its manners , here are my observations

Handling
& Power: I liked the way the car handled , the steering was giving decent feedback and the ride was planted.The car cruised at 100kmph @ 2500 rpm which was smooth.I pushed it till 120 (max) just for a min or two but the engine noise and the sound from the tyres was not encouraging. The turbo lag was evident below the 2K mark and I had to down shift for those quick spurts while overtaking.
I have stuck to my standard 80kmph highway speeds for almost most of the time and this is my usual practice.

Suspension & Ride : Suspension was stiff which helped in handling the corners well however the the vibrations were noticeable when the car passed through minor ditches.Body roll was evident but not unacceptable.

Comfort : The pedals were placed well as I did not get any cramps in my ankle which I occasionally had in my Verna'07.I felt the need for some more space between the clutch and the side wall as I had to pull my leg back to rest it instead of letting it sink in the hollow space.The seats were not the best and In-spite of trying some options to get the best position for the long drive I developed some strain on my shoulders and neck.Similar feedback from the passengers in the rear as well , may be the comparison was with the long used Verna at home and we were not comparing apples to apples.

Others : Lights were absolutely pathetic and the high beam did not come to the rescue either. I loved the speed sensing lock and the lane change feature which I used extensively throughout the drive.The dials were moderately lit not trying to gain too much of your attention and I felt it was definitely safer that way but a little more brightness would not have harmed either.
Breaking was predictable and adequate.The stock Apollo Accelors behaved very well when I once had to break suddenly and except for the point that there are a little noisy rest all was pretty good about them IMO.

FE : City :- 16-17, Highway :- 21 (Cruising speeds & no AC)

Summary : After spending about 2 weeks with this car and driving close to 1K (Includes a 400 KM highway trip), I felt the car is an excellent option in the city because of its drive-ability and occasional highway runs. However if you are someone looking for more of highway runs then definitely a proper sedan is more comfortable.
I would definitely recommend the car to anyone as it is for sure a VFM option in the current market.

I would be handing over the car to its beloved owner tomorrow morning and will be moving to a Honda City-07 (Automatic) for a few weeks as another stop gap arrangement until I get my new ride next year.I will post my experience with the HC AT in the relevant thread.

A few pictures of the dusty car after the highway drive (Pic 1 & 2) and post a nice shampoo wash and a good rub (Pic 3 & 4).

Cheers,
pdma.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc09210.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc09211.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc09213.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc09214.jpg  

pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 12:49   #8908
BHPian

Got back from my trip to Mysore, Bangalore and back. Whether to believe it or not my car returns a very healthy mileage of 23 kmpl between Hosur->Mysore->Bangalore stretch. I stayed between 70-90 kmph at max

So far this is the best i have seen.

On the return journey between Bangalore-Chennai I got 19 kmpl in spite of spirited driving (occasional 130-140 km/h).

I got my ECU re-flashed last week due to infamous stalling issue, I don't know whether it has anything to do with this.

OT, I now understand why BHPian's from Bangalore in general worries much about GC. Road conditions are really poor, I stayed in a relative's home at Kodigehalli and visited others in Whitefield, even the outer ring road is not in good condition and interior roads are bone jarring, I pity people paying high road taxes here and God knows the reason for the number of speed breakers.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 30th December 2013 at 12:59.
Old 30th December 2013, 12:56   #8909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Got back from my trip to Mysore, Bangalore and back. Whether to believe it or not my car returns a very healthy mileage of 23 kmpl between Hosur->Mysore->Bangalore stretch. I stayed between 70-90 kmph at max

On the return journey between Bangalore-Chennai I got 19 kmpl in spite of spirited driving (occasional 130-140 km/h).

I got my ECU re-flashed last week due to infamous stalling issue, I don't know whether it has anything to do with this.
That's a nice figure you got their, the max I got in my Figo is 21, 70-90 kmph is the best efficiency zone.
Old 30th December 2013, 14:30   #8910
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post

getting 23 kmpl if u restrict to 70-90 is understandable <- the "narrow sweet window" for fuel efficiency of the SOHC 1.4 TDCI

getting 19 kmpl with occasional 130-140 would mean that you would have been @100-120 most of the time. <- in that case 19 is HUGE.
I have to ask you this :
- how many passengers/luggage and what was the tyre pressure ?
- if possible find out the version of the firmware that you are carrying now in ur ECU after the last re-flash.
mileage of 19 kmpl with spirited driving is in the league of the 1.3 MJD's - phenomenal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks