Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2013, 23:21   #8866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hi guys need an urgent advice, toady after washing the car(Figo d) I accidentally left the boot open(was nor latched properly) and I realized my folly in late evening which means that the boot's light was also on for atleast 7-8 hours. Now my fear is that could the battery be discharged by this act? I checked the voltage through diagnostic mode and it was showing 12.3, after which I ideled the car for 15 min and voltage was back to 12.6/7. Now is this sufficient or shall I get the battery charged? I also have to make a highway trip in the morning, is it safe to take the car or will it be unreliable in this state?
I guess it should be fine, as you said you'll be taking it to highway in the morning, which should charge the battery completely.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 12:26   #8867
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Hi guys need an urgent advice, toady after washing the car(Figo d) I accidentally left the boot open(was nor latched properly) and I realized my folly in late evening which means that the boot's light was also on for atleast 7-8 hours. Now my fear is that could the battery be discharged by this act? I checked the voltage through diagnostic mode and it was showing 12.3, after which I ideled the car for 15 min and voltage was back to 12.6/7. Now is this sufficient or shall I get the battery charged? I also have to make a highway trip in the morning, is it safe to take the car or will it be unreliable in this state?
A week ago, had switched on the cabin light for my wife & left (told her to let me know once her work is done, so that I can remote lock the car), she forgot to switch of the cabin light. I locked the door with the cabin light still switched on. Came down after 3 hrs & was dejected thinking it must have drained the battery. But all was fine. And went on a highway drive to Nagpur the next day. No issues were noticed. I guess you should do just fine. Happy revving.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 19:05   #8868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I guess it should be fine, as you said you'll be taking it to highway in the morning, which should charge the battery completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
I locked the door with the cabin light still switched on. Came down after 3 hrs & was dejected thinking it must have drained the battery. But all was fine. And went on a highway drive to Nagpur the next day. No issues were noticed. I guess you should do just fine. Happy revving.
Thank you guys for your respective responses, i took her in early morning highway drive(aprx 80km) and after the drive the battery is back to the normal level i.e 12.6 volts. I checked the voltage after 7 hours and it was still 12.6 so i guess its pretty much ok now. The charge did get dropped after the incident but was negligible, so we can conclude that on a fairly new car battery, these minor loads don't affect the battery much. I must say that the diagnostic mode provided in the car is pretty useful in these situations, Ford guys should mention it as a feature IMO.
P.S- thishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_battery wiki page mentions the correspondence charge level of the battery by volts, i think this could be helpfull to others too.
Old 17th December 2013, 08:39   #8869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Need urgent help. I've just dropped my car at Lathangi Ford for the 20000km service. I've been quoted Rs 10000 INCLUDING Rs 2700 for the underbody coating. Isn't the overall cost a bit steep?

Figo 1.4 owners, what has been the cost of your 20k service?
Two of my friends recently paid around 6K for the service, without any special tasks like WA/WB or under-body coating. This was in Hyderabad.

Quote:
Glad to know that things are fine. I remember an incident when my friend's car was stranded at Tirupati even after a 600 km drive the prior day. His mistake was leaving the cable connected to the 12 v charger. BTW, the car was a Sonata Embera. But even Ford car's have their 12V charger active even when the car is switched off. So take care.

My Fiesta has a feature that shuts off cabin and boot lights after a couple of hours, when the engine is off. I realized this only once, and have been careful after that. Doesn't the Figo have this feature?
Old 17th December 2013, 09:05   #8870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
My Fiesta has a feature that shuts off cabin and boot lights after a couple of hours, when the engine is off. I realized this only once, and have been careful after that. Doesn't the Figo have this feature?
Not sure about that but I will definitely check with my SA during first service in January. Yes the accessory port does works even after the keys are removed and so does the power ORVM.
Old 17th December 2013, 10:24   #8871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about that but I will definitely check with my SA during first service in January. Yes the accessory port does works even after the keys are removed and so does the power ORVM.
The cabin light does get automatically off, but am not sure about boot light though.
Old 17th December 2013, 12:18   #8872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I am certain the FIGO has this feature. Have seen the cabin light switched off after a couple of minutes however not sure of the boot. However it is good to check and if not available need to see how it can be enabled!
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 14:05   #8873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I am certain the FIGO has this feature. Have seen the cabin light switched off after a couple of minutes however not sure of the boot. However it is good to check and if not available need to see how it can be enabled!
Then I must have forgotten to lock the car. Will check it by this weekend & keep everyone posted.

Also wanted to check it adjustable headrests can be installed in the rear seats for the Figo. Is it possible to have power windows too at the rear.
Old 17th December 2013, 15:28   #8874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Is it possible to have power windows too at the rear.
Yes it can be, check forum member swami.n's ownership review, he had installed all power windows in his Figo, get in touch with him.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 18:11   #8875
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there an AWD version available any where in the world?
Old 17th December 2013, 20:07   #8876
BHPian

Quote:

Any option to make it permanent?
For me the setting stay between restart if I don't touch any button after selecting using volume button.
Old 17th December 2013, 20:48   #8877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post

For me the setting stay between restart if I don't touch any button after selecting using volume button.
That mean, if i change track, then i'll have to again set it after the restart. As, changing track would mean, a button is pressed.
Old 18th December 2013, 15:18   #8878
BHPian

Quote:

That mean, if i change track, then i'll have to again set it after the restart. As, changing track would mean, a button is pressed.
No, I mean that ,don't press any button after you select using dial,wait for it to start displaying the selected info, then you can use it normally, try it out.
Old 18th December 2013, 15:41   #8879
BHPian

A new problem has creeped up in my 2011 Figo TDCi Titanium (40K km run) now. The front suspension makes "squeak-squack" noise every time the car crosses a speed breaker at a speed more than 10 KMPH. The sound is very similar to the sound of boot opening. It is observed to be coming from dashboard area. I tried strongly pushing down the bonnet by hand standing beside the front wheel outside (both sides). Suspension bumps up only once (does not bounce) as expected and there is no sound heard from outside.

The wheel alignment/balancing was done 5K km ago and is pending now. But I doubt it will address this issue. 40K service was done around 2K km ago and this issue wasn't observed then.

What could be wrong here? Has anyone faced similar issue? What should be my next steps to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 15:51   #8880
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Is there an AWD version available any where in the world?
extremely unlikey - i would even say impossible - given the design of the chassis and shell, taking a driveshaft all the way behind would not work out.
even otherwise, who will need 4WD with a low-slung hatch anyway ?

Last edited by venkyhere : 18th December 2013 at 15:52. Reason: grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks