Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 15:25   #8911
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
getting 23 kmpl if u restrict to 70-90 is understandable <- the "narrow sweet window" for fuel efficiency of the SOHC 1.4 TDCI

getting 19 kmpl with occasional 130-140 would mean that you would have been @100-120 most of the time. <- in that case 19 is HUGE.
I have to ask you this :
- how many passengers/luggage and what was the tyre pressure ?
- if possible find out the version of the firmware that you are carrying now in ur ECU after the last re-flash.
mileage of 19 kmpl with spirited driving is in the league of the 1.3 MJD's - phenomenal.
Yes even i was surprised. i calculated tankful to tankful method, filled up to brim at A2B joint after Hosur and refilled at Chennai outskirt.
2 passenger with one Skybag as luggage.
Tyre pressure set to 33 all round.
One important point which i failed to note in my earlier post.
I hardly used AC may be 10% of total distance.

I was thinking of various favorable condition leads to this result,
Bare minimal A/C usage +
Sparse traffic and 70% of the route comprises of 3 lane expressway and the rest being 2 lane +
Minimal weight

Getting the version info from my ASC here will be a nightmare, since i had hard time to make them understand why i need to update/reflash the ECU. If possible i will check and get that for sure.

I will check my in-city mileage and update here if i get anything phenomenal after this ECU re flash. FYI, i have been getting consistently low mileage in city of 12/13 kpl max since my commute is in high traffic zone 100% of time.
Old 30th December 2013, 19:26   #8912
BHPian

I gave my Figo for Servicing recently to Ford Authorized Service Center. This was my first experience with them (I had bought the pre-worshipped Figo from mahindra First Choice). The main problem I wanted them to look at was intermittent Engine malfunction light on the dash followed by car losing power.

I wasn't sure what to expect as I had heard of negative experiences from some of my friends in terms of high charges. However, I had a very good experience as they updated the software, replaced the PAS Hose (free as a part of the recall) and serviced the car, the total damage coming to Rs. 1011 . Not only that, since it was my first visit, they vacuumed the car and cleaned and polished the exterior without any charge.

On another note, I recently purchased a good looking Ford logoed key ring from eBay. I am attaching the photograph for the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-key-ring-figo.jpg  

civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 15:02   #8913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venutnair View Post
Hi all
Does anyone have any information regarding the compatibility of Ford classic's instrument cluster to figo? Physical dimensions seems to be same. What about the connectors? If you change the meters, does the odo reading will change? Or is it being stored in ECU?
Thanks in advance
Venu
Hey Venu, Even I had a similar thought a few months back, when I had a few idle days :-). Mine is an LXi you see. The classic's console would just complete the Figo's dash beautifully. It wont look like a budget hatch anymore.

I dont know about the ODO readings in Cars, but my bike meter mechanic said the ODO readings in the digital consoles of bikes CAN be reset or manipulated. I dont think they will be stored i the ECU, it has to be in the console only. Else if the ECU is remapped or replaced it may get erased and back to 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venutnair View Post
Better looking, traditinal temp gauge, 3 line MID...... Mine is an Exi, one without a tacho.

I've read that there are.ways to display temp in the original console. So the meter is receiving the information but not displaying it. I know that an obd and a tab arrangement can give you all the information. Had a lot of free time in the past couple of days!!! Idle minds are tinkers workshop!
Yes there is a youtube video showing the various data that the Figo's console can show in diagnostic mode(I was not able to test it in my Figo).
I think the classic's console should be compatible with that of the Figo's given the platform similarities and also the tendency of companies to share as many parts as possible. I think it might just be a pug and play. The socket connectors for the Figo may have dummies for those that are displayed in the Classic but not in the Figo.

Will have to do a bit more research, probably I'll ask my cousin who happens to work in Ford and I heard him say that even installing the ABS module for our variants is not a too much complex job and can be added without much fuss. I'm not sure how feasible it is anyhow.

Last edited by swami.n : 31st December 2013 at 15:04.
Old 31st December 2013, 15:58   #8914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
Need a help. After my 20K service, i feel that the suspension is behaving differently. Instructed the ASS not to do wheel balancing or alignment as i got it done already outside. Even small irregularities on road are felt more inside the cabin now with a thump and minor rattles in dashboard. Did a fast drive on many pot holes with full load during a long distance trip just a day before the 20K service. Not sure if that is the reason. Should i go for a wheel alignment and balancing check in a tyre shop or should i take the car to ASS? Car is still under warranty.
With respect to above issue and 'engine switching off while driving' issue took the car to ASS yesterday. Update here in my figo thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3332394.
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:33   #8915
BHPian

Has anyone else observed that when the outside temperature is cold, like it is in Delhi these days - the suspension/shocks make weird screeching noise when going over a hump/speed breaker?

I remember I went to Manali last year, and it was snowing at that time - I faced a similar issue that time as well - sound from the suspension when going through a hump/pot-hole. When I was back in relatively hotter Delhi, it was back to normal with no noise.
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:15   #8916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Has anyone else observed that when the outside temperature is cold, like it is in Delhi these days - the suspension/shocks make weird screeching noise when going over a hump/speed breaker?

I remember I went to Manali last year, and it was snowing at that time - I faced a similar issue that time as well - sound from the suspension when going through a hump/pot-hole. When I was back in relatively hotter Delhi, it was back to normal with no noise.
Yes, I agree. I am facing this, the front suspension makes screeching noise while going over big breakers or pot holes.

Earlier i thought, there is some issue with suspension but then i guess since quite a few people are facing this here, it can be due to the cold too.
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:41   #8917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Earlier i thought, there is some issue with suspension but then i guess since quite a few people are facing this here, it can be due to the cold too.
I am facing the same issue in my Alto in Bangalore winter too. Not sure if this is due to lack of lubrication or since due to cold the mix of old grease + dust has solidified causing the sound.
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:48   #8918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I am facing the same issue in my Alto in Bangalore winter too. Not sure if this is due to lack of lubrication or since due to cold the mix of old grease + dust has solidified causing the sound.
I'll be giving my car for service either tomorrow or day after tomorrow, i'll ask them to look into.
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:59   #8919
BHPian

Even me facing the same screeching noise issue, especially on morning. Yes it has something to do with cold temperature outside. cos i face this more after rainy night and on winter mornings, and it goes off after some running.
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:09   #8920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Yes, I agree. I am facing this, the front suspension makes screeching noise while going over big breakers or pot holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Even me facing the same screeching noise issue, especially on morning. Yes it has something to do with cold temperature outside. cos i face this more after rainy night and on winter mornings, and it goes off after some running.
I had the same issue, during the last service requested them to have a look at the problem. Its occurs in the early morning or on a cold start, and then it disappears after a few kms. They told me that its due to some rubber bushes in the suspension that takes some time to expand. Didn't probe further as the I don't get the noise after the initial few kms.
Old 2nd January 2014, 16:31   #8921
BHPian

Folks, need your advice. My Figo is nearing its 20k service, there is a medium sized dent on the left rear door, though there are no scratches and not greatly visible (if you look at an angle its noticeable though) & I wish to get it rectified.

The insurance is due for renewal on 20th Feb'14 & the car will most likely visit the service station before that. Now if I get the dent & paint job done, I will lose the no claim bonus.

Do you suggest I wait it till Mar'14 & then get the job done, effectively benefiting from the no claim bonus (guess its a no brainer) or should I get it done during the 20k service.
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:47   #8922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Folks, need your advice. My Figo is nearing its 20k service, there is a medium sized dent on the left rear door, though there are no scratches and not greatly visible (if you look at an angle its noticeable though) & I wish to get it rectified.

The insurance is due for renewal on 20th Feb'14 & the car will most likely visit the service station before that. Now if I get the dent & paint job done, I will lose the no claim bonus.

Do you suggest I wait it till Mar'14 & then get the job done, effectively benefiting from the no claim bonus (guess its a no brainer) or should I get it done during the 20k service.
If you have already made up your mind about getting it rectified and claiming insurance for it, go for it now. If you get it done post the renewal of your insurance, you will loose the no-claim bonus next year. And, at that time the bonus would be higher. So, in my opinion it makes sense to get it done before renewal if you want to get it claimed.
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:39   #8923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post

It would help if you post a pic of the dent. However if the damage is not much, you can consider going to a trusted guy outside and don't claim. My experience is that Ford A.S.S will really jack up your bill. Outside guy will do a good job for 1/3rd the cost.
Old 3rd January 2014, 14:20   #8924
BHPian

Hello guys, I have a question on AC in Figo. Of late, whenever I start the AC, with cool air, it gives out a smell which smells exactly like what you smell when the first rains fall on soil and a typical smell fills the air. Could there be an issue with issue with AC?
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:22   #8925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Hello guys, I have a question on AC in Figo. Of late, whenever I start the AC, with cool air, it gives out a smell which smells exactly like what you smell when the first rains fall on soil and a typical smell fills the air. Could there be an issue with issue with AC?
This should help,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-hvac-13.html
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks