Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2013, 14:33   #8161
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
I bought the Figo last year, my love for it has waned due to the ground clearance and driving fatigue issues.
Can you elaborate on the fatigue issues? I had trouble finding a good seating position while TDing the car, but assumed i'd be able to get used to it. Any ergonomic issues?
Old 8th May 2013, 20:25   #8162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepest View Post
Hey folks!

Can you tell me, why is there this 4 beep chime every time i turn the ignition? Should i wait for the music to be over every time or is it okay to start the car before it ends?
It is the pre start check up. It is the time when the glow plugs warm up and oil pump is running. It is a good idea to wait till the chimes finish before cranking up the car.
In fact, in all cars, it is a good thing for the warning lamps to turn off before cranking up the engine. petrol or diesel, Naturally aspirated or turbo.
Old 9th May 2013, 09:07   #8163

Just got a service done in at 20,000 kms (About 2.5 years now). Figo TDCi Titanium.

Did not replace oil as I had put in Synthetic oil in the last service. This service had an insurance claim attached to it for a bumper damage due to a tyre blowout, however, other costs just worked out to the weights used for wheel balancing, and they said some engine oil was leaking out of the sump so put in a sealant for 1500 Rs. Service cost was under an AMC but that didn't matter.

Does anyone know of a good service center in Mumbai around the Powai area? (Currently from AVK Chandivali)
Old 9th May 2013, 09:22   #8164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Would you want to try out the Ford Ecosport. I bought the Figo last year, my love for it has waned due to the ground clearance and driving fatigue issues.
I would also like to get more insight on the driver fatigue issues. I also own a Figo TDCi and after 2 years & Odo closing in on 30K, I never felt tired at the wheel of this car. Also, I do a lot of long trips (~620 km one way) in my car.
Old 9th May 2013, 09:34   #8165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Djinn View Post
Can you elaborate on the fatigue issues? I had trouble finding a good seating position while TDing the car, but assumed i'd be able to get used to it. Any ergonomic issues?
I am 6.1 and the car is comfy, but over a long ish drive, you want to stretch a bit, and there is no room as you have maxed the seat behind.

I used to drive the Santro and still have the Baleno, the sitting position in the Figo is a little lower than even the Baleno IMHO. Causing a bit strain in the neck while driving. (this is something that I have got to get used to and adapt).

The main reason for my fatigue is the Figo hates to crawl in City traffic, and needs much more feet input than my Baleno/Santro. Maybe its petrol-vs-diesel, so I will have to adapt here too.

But these were not the problems in the diesel Chevy Beat, it drove like a petrol, nimble and quick. (the Figo trumps the Beat in space, so no-brainer there)

The dash in the Figo is so hard a materiel to look at, seems like I am rock quarry I found the driving dynamics and the interiors (dash and space) in the Liva notches higher, but a noisy engine.

Overall its a good car, Ford has made it to a budget (to ensure it sells, unlike the Fusion) as a package it works,
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 15:50   #8166
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has the gear ratio's of the 1.2 Figo? Tried searching online and in the manual, could not find it.

Regards
Old 10th May 2013, 16:12   #8167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I would also like to get more insight on the driver fatigue issues. I also own a Figo TDCi and after 2 years & Odo closing in on 30K, I never felt tired at the wheel of this car. Also, I do a lot of long trips (~620 km one way) in my car.
I am surprised about someone commenting about driver fatigue. I drove from Kochi-Kodai-Dindigul-Bangalore-Wayanad-Calicut-Kochi over 4 days and the best part was driving the figo.

Since the figo has stiffer springs the vertical movement is less and controlled. So fatigue should be lower. Drive the same distance at same speed in a softly sprung car stock hyundai i20; No offence i20 owners) and you will find the fatigue is more.
Old 10th May 2013, 20:39   #8168
Senior - BHPian

Driver fatigue is definitely an issue.
The seats are narrow and provide almost no shoulder support. The height adjust is a joke.
But, the seat material is excellent, offering good support. The steering wheel is a gem to hold. and for a driver of average height (5'8" - 6'2") it is excellent.
If it is your first car or if used to ford cars, you will not notice it.
Anecdote:
I drive regularly from Tirunelveli to Bangalore (~ 700kms). When I drive the NHC, I can do the trip without a break (not even for tea) in about 6 hrs. When I drive the Figo, I need a break between Krishnagiri to Hosur. With barely 100kms to go, I need a break. This has happened consistently.
Old 10th May 2013, 20:50   #8169
BHPian

The seats are narrow and underthigh support is also less. That said, on long drives (200kms at a stretch), I feel a strain in my neck which too goes off soon. No other part of the body feels any fatigue. I have been looking for a neck pillow, but havent found a nice big one to rest my neck on!
Old 10th May 2013, 21:06   #8170
Senior - BHPian

I have never faced such a problem with FIGO, i found it bit tough on my Ritz, but with FIgo i have done non stop trips. the seats i feel are very nice, they are not too soft and they have good support i do agree about the under thigh.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 22:17   #8171
Senior - BHPian

I do agree the seats are not all that comfy on the Figo, But only if the seat is not adjusted perfectly to your comfort.

If it is slightly moved, you can feel that it is not right. It happens to me when someone adjusts the seat when they drive and then I need to adjust it multiple times to be perfect.
I did a 400 kms trip with the seat slighty pushed forward , I did not realize I was sitting in a cramped positon and ended up with a bad body ache the next day.
Like someone said, if you are of the taller clan, you will need to take breaks to stretch, with this car. The hinderance to that being since the drive is so involving, you will not feel like taking a break and end with a knee pain
Old 10th May 2013, 22:33   #8172
BHPian

See the below Figo mod inspired by Mini Cooper..

Thanks to friendly mod Rehaan to do this in Digital art thread on my request. Took the picture from Shuvc's figo ownership thread, hope he dont mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-copy-20121012_101553.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-copy-20121012_10155alloy2.jpg  

DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 07:54   #8173
Mik
BHPian

Last year me and my friend did Delhi to pune in 26 hours flat. So addictive was the Figo that we were not willing to take turns or breaks as it would have led to switching drivers.
While coming back, all the 16xx km were done by me.
Fatigue was a factor only in the jaipur to delhi horrendous stretch - not anywhere else.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:35   #8174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Djinn View Post

Driving Fatigue issues??? are you serious.I own a Nov 2010 zxi diesel and my height is 5ft 7 inches.I drove the figo from Pune to Goa non stop for almost 10 hours and still had no signs of tiredness.It has the best driving dynamics for a hatchback.
Old 11th May 2013, 19:07   #8175
Senior - BHPian

The figo has the best driving dynamics of its class. The seats offer plenty of support for spirited driving. Nobody denies that.
The point I'm trying to make is that for a relaxed drive with the family, it's not as comfortable as it could be.
It's like an ergonomic executive chair. Not like a lazyboy or a sofa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks