Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 10:19   #8221
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
The figo has the best driving dynamics of its class. The seats offer plenty of support for spirited driving. Nobody denies that.
The point I'm trying to make is that for a relaxed drive with the family, it's not as comfortable as it could be.
It's like an ergonomic executive chair. Not like a lazyboy or a sofa.
You are right. I purchased the Figo TDCI Titanium 10 days back on May 19th. Have already covered 1000 kms till date. I am 5'9" and I have still not found the correct seating position. This Sat and Sun we did a trip to Alibaug from Thane. I had to keep changing the seat position every now and then as my lower back started to pain.

Anyways, I guess it makes sense to take breaks after every hour or so when you are on long trips. We have the best of the roads that help transfer all possible vibrations to your body.

Overall, the car is just too good. First tankful gave me a 14 to a litre. I am enjoying every bit of it. A detailed review will follow shortly.
Old 28th May 2013, 23:10   #8222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post

Here are some pictures. The towing eye attached to my car's bumper in the first pic is kept in the boot, along with the jack.
Oh man this really sucks. A bad one but very good that you saw the damage instantly and stopped the car. Any reason why insurance not claimed? it wasn't a small amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Few days ago I took my figo to the ASSC for a simple job of wheel balancing and alignment and to address few other sounds from the suspension. Now I am sure the service level has gone down drastically.

2. They aligned the wheels thrice but still the car pulled to left and they said its normal. The car was 100% ok before they touched it. I went for balancing and alignment just as a precautionary measure. There was no pulling and the tyre wear was 100% even.
After spending close to 2000 rs. and full day at ASSC I got a car with screwed alignment! I again got the alignment done outside. Now the car is not pulling left but I feel that the steering wheel is tilted towards right while the wheels are dead straight. And when i bring the Steering to 12'o clock position, the car starts going to left!

3. The stalling issue was present in my car and the engine had stalled while changing the gears almost 10-12 times since 10 months. After explaining the problem and the solution (ECU flashing), they said they would charge Rs. 450/- just to plug the OBD tool and they would look for error codes. They also said that they haven't received any circular from ford regarding software upgrade and the related issue so they can't do that. Later, the mechanic adjusted something near the clutch and upon asking they said that they had adjusted the 'coupler' and now the stalling issue won't resurface.

Now I curse myself for visiting the ASSC 70 kms away and wasting entire day and money, screwing up a 100% OK alignment only to get few squeaks sorted and grease stains all over!

The ASSC was Garuda ford - Dhanbad.

Now I have learnt that fiddling with a thing which is 100% fine, would screw it!!
I have had this wheel alignment issue perpetually since i bought the car where it always pulled left a bit. A.S.S kept blaming it on the road inclines. Finally after 2nd service when they didnt fix it i really got ticked off. Post that A.S.S kept the car for total of 4 days over 2 occasions and finally managed to fix the alignment problem along with few other minor irritants.

Same for my engine stalling issue. A.S.S keep mentioning the ECM is upto date but they just dont verify what version is installed. Now i am used to this stalling and i easily start the engine with clutch release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Get the ECU / PCM firmware update done from your ford dealer. The whole process will take 20 mins. I had got it done too 18 months back when I my car was facing the same issue. No re-occurrence till date. Touchwood.
Here is the link to the same issue - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nshifting.html
On a light note, you seem to have woken up late . This is a chronic problem of Figo as pointed out in the above thread link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post
You are right. I purchased the Figo TDCI Titanium 10 days back on May 19th. Have already covered 1000 kms till date. I am 5'9" and I have still not found the correct seating position. This Sat and Sun we did a trip to Alibaug from Thane. I had to keep changing the seat position every now and then as my lower back started to pain.
The main problem is the lower back support for front seats. You can easily fix the issue with either a small pillow like the one given in airlines or with seat covers which have extra padding for lower back.
Old 29th May 2013, 08:59   #8223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post

Anyways, I guess it makes sense to take breaks after every hour or so when you are on long trips. We have the best of the roads that help transfer all possible vibrations to your body.
I am 6'1", and have been driving my Figo for just over 3 years now. I have, finally, managed to find the perfect driving position!

When I get into the car and sit down, I wiggle my back-side so it goes as far "into" the seat as possible. This wiggle-waggle, with the seat back adjusted really upright, keeps me comfortable over long drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Oh man this really sucks. A bad one but very good that you saw the damage instantly and stopped the car. Any reason why insurance not claimed? it wasn't a small amount.
  1. Incident happened on the first day of my new insurance policy!
  2. I come from a family where the dominant philosophy is - if you cannot afford to fix these kinds of issues with your own money, then you really should not have bought it in the first place. If the engine was damaged, I would certainly have claimed.
  3. I really badly wanted the car fixed and drive it ASAP, couldn't be bothered with the insurance process delaying the repair by 24-48 hours.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 17:01   #8224
BHPian

I ve done a 1400 km round trip during last weekend and this time i got only 17 kmpl on the highway from my TDCI. Four adults + full luggage + 100% AC to avoid the scrotching summer.

Last time on the same stretch with 3 adults and a moderate luggage and 100% AC got me an inspiring 21 kmpl.

May be the hot climate + full load contributed to the lesser mileage.

TDCI got smoother after a highway run, i noticed it after all of my previous runs. anybody feel the same?
Old 29th May 2013, 20:15   #8225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has anyone experienced a engine shut down on a 1.2 while driving? I had my first experience today when I was de-accelrating at around 20-30kmh in gear and the engine shut down with 4 beeps.
I have experienced frequently the engine rpm dropping below idle when half clutch and de-acclerating, but engine never turned off. I heard this was an issue with the Swift Petrol as well which is corrected by an ECU update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Any idea what is the life on the Ford OEM battery on the Figo. My 1.2 is almost 3 years old with quite a bit of add on electrical accessories.

The engine died twice in the last 10 days while clutching which leads me to believe the battery is dying since it happened in the night when headlamps , system , A/C and wipers were on.
It happened when the AC was running . When the clutch is depressed and the rpm at almost idle, there is a short gurgle of the engine like it shut off and restarted in a milli second. On two occasions, the restart did not happen.
When I ran it on test mode with all lights and gadgets running, the charge dropped to 13.9 when on idle and to 14.1 when accelerating.
Experienced the 4th or 5th engine shut down on my 1.2 today . It occured while slowing down and as soon as I clutched with the a/c running. It almost turned off and even beeped few minutes before this , but came back to life.
Will be visiting Ford to check if they have any sort of info on this happening on a petrol engine.
Engine cranks just like how it did when it was new, so not sure even if it is the battery.
It occurs only when AC is running.
Any Petrol owners experiencing the same?

Regards
Old 29th May 2013, 20:38   #8226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Hi,
Can any one throw some light on the issue that I am observing on my year old Figo. Its 1.4 Titanium May 2012 model and has run 16K so far.
The problem is that the car suddenly and quietly stops even before I can realize, until the 8 chimes starts to play again and the steering becomes heavy.
Arent the newer Figo's coming with an updated ECU? Surprised ( and shocked ) to see Figo's are still coming with this scary life threatening flaw.
Old 29th May 2013, 22:55   #8227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I observed that keeping the car around 90kmph will yeild best mileage and I got 19.57kmpl (highest for me at 85% highway drive)

While driving around 120kmph got 17.7 &16.4kmph which means sedate drive and normal speed gives best mileage.
Attached Images

Last edited by HighOctane : 29th May 2013 at 22:57.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 08:15   #8228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I ve done a 1400 km round trip during last weekend and this time i got only 17 kmpl on the highway from my TDCI. Four adults + full luggage + 100% AC to avoid the scrotching summer.

Last time on the same stretch with 3 adults and a moderate luggage and 100% AC got me an inspiring 21 kmpl.

TDCI got smoother after a highway run, i noticed it after all of my previous runs. anybody feel the same?
Tyre pressure could be a factor here as with full load you need to increase the tyre pressure at rear.
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 11:15   #8229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
I observed that keeping the car around 90kmph will yeild best mileage and I got 19.57kmpl (highest for me at 85% highway drive)
Your numbers seem to be in-line with my observation too. I get the best mileage out of my TDCi, when driven between 90-100kmph. When I drive to Kerala on highways, I get an overall mileage of ~19kmpl, which means that the highway mileage is well over 20kmpl.
The worst overall mileage I ever got is 12.25kmpl where my entire tankful commute was only from my home to office and back in peak traffic, a distance of ~6kms, one way. A diesel is not worth for such kind of short commute anyway. All these figures are with 100% AC.

Name:  Screenshot_20130530112118.png
Views: 1361
Size:  80.6 KB

Last edited by A350XWB : 30th May 2013 at 11:35. Reason: Added screenshot
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 13:56   #8230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
I got 19.57kmpl
Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I get an overall mileage of ~19kmpl, which means that the highway mileage is well over 20kmpl.
what app is this?
Old 30th May 2013, 14:18   #8231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
what app is this?
This is FuelLog for Android. Pretty handy app when it comes to keeping track of fill-up and other costs. I'm using the Pro version, which costed me Rs. 140. I feel that it's totally worth it. I don't mind paying for apps, if they are good and the cost is reasonable
Old 30th May 2013, 17:49   #8232
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Figo in Horrible Green (no, its not an official color)

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img20130530wa0001.jpg
Old 30th May 2013, 18:03   #8233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Spotted this Figo in Horrible Green (no, its not an official color)
Should be a repainted one, not an attractive colour. I had seen bottle green Figos in net, manufactured in Chennai plant which were exported to South Africa.
Old 30th May 2013, 21:48   #8234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Arent the newer Figo's coming with an updated ECU? Surprised ( and shocked ) to see Figo's are still coming with this scary life threatening flaw.
exactly deep blue.. I thought the issue was fixed before I bought the car. Thank fully all three occasions have happened during first 5-10 mins of drive when I don't rev much. Any ways lets see how the dealer responds to it.
Old 31st May 2013, 14:20   #8235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post

exactly deep blue.. I thought the issue was fixed before I bought the car. Thank fully all three occasions have happened during first 5-10 mins of drive when I don't rev much. Any ways lets see how the dealer responds to it.
The issue was in diesel Figo. I know because I had got it fixed. It did not re occur in the last 30k kms.
Are you guys taking about diesel Figo ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks