Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 21:42   #7471
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
How good is the visibility with nightbreakers? Is it better than stock atleast? Or will only philips xtremevision make a significant difference in our Figos headlamps?
Also how good is the life of ONB+ and xtremevision in 60/55w h4 format?

Thanks.
As I said, the Nightbreaker does give a significantly better beam than the stock bulbs. I have used NBs in my Karizma (after stock 60/55W halogens) and WagonR , found them better in all cases - Karizma, WagonR , Figo. Rains - that's a hellish situation, wet roads soak up all light so in rains, there's little you can do about poor illumination. In dry conditions, the change is appreciable. Bulb life - still using the original Nightbreakers I bought in 2005 or 2006 , first on Karizma, then on WagonR and now on the Figo. To be fair, the WagonR wasn't used everyday/night, so it did extend the life. Rated life is 350 hours, vs 500 hours for standard 60/55W bulbs.

Osram Nightbreaker and Philips Xtreme Vision/Power are both the same class of bulbs - premium stock wattage ones , they are like Karizma vs Pulsar 220. Rival manufacturers often have rival equivalent products. Below is the halogen bulb equivalence between Philips and Osram, there are some other brands not found in India, like PIAA and Ring which also market similar premium high performance bulbs, Philips and Osram being the best.

Osram Nightbreaker Plus --> Philips Xtreme Vision
Osram Nightbreaker --> Philips Xtreme Power
Osram Silverstar --> Philips Vision Plus
Osram Cool Blue --> Philips Crystal Vision

Meant for those who don't have/want HID conversion and need brighter replacement bulbs within legal/stock power ratings, since high wattage bulbs are illegal for road use, and unlike India, cops do act if 100W or 130W bulbs are used, not to mention many cars will throw problems like melted reflectors or shot wiring due to increased current requirement.

Last edited by Ricci : 30th November 2012 at 21:50.
Ricci is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 16:19   #7472

After driving the first 1200kms in 95% heavy to moderate traffic with AC on at all times, I get an average fuel efficiency of 15km only. Its a 1.4 litre diesel titanium. Is it good or bad?? if it is bad can you point me to any threads about improving the fuel efficiency of the car??
Old 4th December 2012, 18:09   #7473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu
After driving the first 1200kms in 95% heavy to moderate traffic with AC on at all times, I get an average fuel efficiency of 15km only. Its a 1.4 litre diesel titanium. Is it good or bad?? if it is bad can you point me to any threads about improving the fuel efficiency of the car??
I think this is what you can realistically expect from the figo. Seems right to me.
rohing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 20:15   #7474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu View Post
That is fine. You can expect a slight increase after a few thousand Kms and servicing is done. Expect 16-17 km/l in the conditions you mentioned. And 18-19 km/l on the highway cruising at 110-120 km/h and 19-20 at 90-100 km/h. This is what I get and I believe are realistic figures that you can expect in future as well.
Old 4th December 2012, 21:04   #7475
Senior - BHPian

I've got upto 22 on the highway. But after crossing 50K in Chennai traffic, I'm getting only 11-12. Service also didn't rectify it.
Old 4th December 2012, 21:49   #7476
Senior - BHPian

In the past 45 days of ownership, my Figo tdci has given me 15.5 to 16 kmpl in Hyderabad city, with 90% of city driving and the remaining on the ORR. AC usage was around 70%.

I am more than happy with the FE. I am planning a long trip to Vizag during XMAS and will give an update thereafter.

Meantime I have a question. The Figo will be hitting 2500 kms by this weekend. I believe that is the time when I need to give it for 1st service. So what will be the anticipated cost? And is oil change needed?
Old 4th December 2012, 22:27   #7477
Senior - BHPian

The cost would be zero since no consumables are usually replaced in the first service. What they may do is top up the coolant with some water if the level is a little low & check the engine oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
In the past 45 days of ownership, my Figo tdci has given me 15.5 to 16 kmpl in Hyderabad city, with 90% of city driving and the remaining on the ORR. AC usage was around 70%.

I am more than happy with the FE. I am planning a long trip to Vizag during XMAS and will give an update thereafter.

Meantime I have a question. The Figo will be hitting 2500 kms by this weekend. I believe that is the time when I need to give it for 1st service. So what will be the anticipated cost? And is oil change needed?
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 10:28   #7478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu View Post
This is actually pretty decent. I get around 13-14 in Bangalore city traffic. Anything more should be a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

1st service is actually just a top up and wash formality and shouldn't cost anything. I would suggest you go for an oil change. I had done that and costed me ~1500 rupees.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 14:36   #7479
BHPian

I recently received a call from Metro Ford offering 4th year extended warranty for my figo for roughly 10k. Is anyone else aware of this? I did not inquire if this is being offered from ford or by dealer.
Old 6th December 2012, 14:55   #7480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
I recently received a call from Metro Ford offering 4th year extended warranty for my figo for roughly 10k. Is anyone else aware of this? I did not inquire if this is being offered from ford or by dealer.
10K for fourth year alone? That's a rip off. Most of the manufactures in the segment offer 3 & 4 year warranties for 7-8K at the max.
Old 7th December 2012, 11:06   #7481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes 10K does sound a rip off to me. Normally thats the cost 2yrs extra. Check if its Ford scheme or dealer idea.
Old 7th December 2012, 12:41   #7482
BHPian

Quote:
I just called Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon to inquire about this. Sales guy mentioned it's available for rs.3,9xx/-. Cover is for 4 years but 120k km's. So from 3rd yr warranty, coverage duration increases by a year but km's remain the same. Worth going for at rs.4k, I think.

Also called Ford customer care to confirm these details, they are yet to revert to me with details. Will post when I hear back from them.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 13:26   #7483
Senior - BHPian

I paid Rs 3550 for 3rd year warranty and am yet to get the papers. I was told that the max period for diesel Figo is 3 years. Has 4th year been added recently?
Old 7th December 2012, 16:38   #7484
BHPian

Got a chance to drive a Figo petrol today and what a wonderful car it is. Fantastic ride quality. Excellent suspension set up and superb steering feedback. I'm impressed by the overall build quality. Fees solid. One needs to keep the revs in the right band to make the most out of the petrol. I could observe that after 2500 rpm, the car sprung to life and was very eager to be pushed forward. There's a slight lag until 2500 rpm but then again, one needs to keep the revs in the right band. The car pulled very well despite the fact that there were six well built people on board.

Only downer being the low ground clearance . Although I was very careful but scraped the bottom at one speed breaker.
Old 7th December 2012, 22:00   #7485
BHPian

Quote:
I think that's too much. If I remember correctly, I got 3 & 4th year ext war at around 7+k when we bought fiesta classic for home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks