Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2012, 11:30   #7441
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Yes. Ground clearance is the worst thing about this otherwise fantabulous car. I have upgraded to 185/65 R 14 after 40k kms and the GC issue has had some major respite. However it still scrapes if you are not careful enough. You can get away with many scrapers by negotiating humps at an angle, intelligent braking and sedate driving habits.

The AC of figo is best in class and I have never found an instance when I had to put it to 3 blower settings. Even at mid day with scorching heat outside, I could do with 2 blower setting. You'd rather get it checked ASAP.
My Figo is around 43k KM and want to change the tyres 185/65 R14 Energy XM2.
So my question is can I fit those tyres on stock rims or not??
Old 26th November 2012, 11:37   #7442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959
I think you can fit it on stock rims. I had changed the stock rims to alloys R14. Same combo of xm2
Old 26th November 2012, 12:01   #7443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Yes, please check the Michelin website. The minimum rim width for 185/65 R14 86H is 5 inches and the stock steel rims of Figo is 5J and the alloy is 5.5J. So, the tyre should fit on the stock rim. You will gain ~6mm after the change.
Old 26th November 2012, 13:01   #7444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Yes you can. I upsized to 185/65/14 XM2s on the date of delivery of my Titanium TDCi last month. The Figo had stock alloys.No issues at all. Benefited by increased GC and better ride and grip. But I'd be covering 100 kms in place of 98 on the odo, which is fine to me.
Old 26th November 2012, 14:17   #7445
BHPian

Thanks to all of you, now it is confirmed that I can go for this size of tyres on my stock rims.
I seriousely think that GC is the main problem in Figo, I have scraped my car many times on bad roads and bumps.
As per their instuctions tyre pressure should be somewhat 41 and 38 or maybe like this when there are four or five persons in the car, may be this is for GC reason only. But it is not practical for everyday that when you ride single - reduce pressure and when the car is loaded raise the pressure.
Old 27th November 2012, 08:03   #7446

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
It does not matter if the files are just .mp3's. There are multiple encoders that can be used to convert the sound stream to an mp3 file and there are multiple bit rates etc etc. All the combinations are not supported by the Figo OEM HU. There was a post some time before regarding this same issue. What I do is that I do a batch conversion of files, to a setting which I know will work on the HU. I use Media Coder for encoding the files and MP3Gain for normalizing the volume (both are free). Here is the link to my previous post with the settings.
Regarding iPod shuffle, AFAIK, you cannot use it as a mass storage device on the HU (blame it on Apple ). If you have to use a shuffle, you have to connect it through the Aux-in and play the songs from the shuffle. Otherwise, you need a HU which supports iPod. Then, you can control the iPod devices from your HU. (I don't think the OEM HU of Figo supports iPod control.)
Hi,

I read your earlier post regarding the encoding of the songs. I downloaded the audio converter as well. there is an option to change the bit rate to 192. Wat does CBR mean and how do we choose it from the software?
Old 27th November 2012, 10:52   #7447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu View Post
Hi,

I read your earlier post regarding the encoding of the songs. I downloaded the audio converter as well. there is an option to change the bit rate to 192. Wat does CBR mean and how do we choose it from the software?
CBR is constant bit rate. You can select this option from the encoder options which comes at the lower right hand corner of the window (here) Will try to post a step by step procedure with screenshots later.
Old 27th November 2012, 17:41   #7448
BHPian

Friends I was researching on AC neutralisers when I came across this product. Valvoline All Season Heater/ AC Odor eliminator

Now most neutralisers can be sprayed into the AC vent on the dashboards and the dirt and grime are removed. This product however needs to be sprayed in the Intake Vents in the cowl area of the vehicle. Can someone guide me where the cowl area of a Figo petrol is? Also if anyone else has used this product, do you recommend it? Of late a leafy type of smell has been coming from the AC. So wanted to get rid of the odor. Didn't find the GULF Neutraliser (as mentioned on another thread) in the market today.

Also, has anyone tried out the Osram Night Breaker + 60/55w headlamps on their figo? Any improvement in the night visibility? I've to drive completely blind whenever Im coming from Mahadevpura to Kamanahalli at night. I mean even if I switch hi beams on, it feels like my lights aren't working. Any solution for this?

Thanks.
Old 28th November 2012, 15:58   #7449
BHPian

One of my colleagues who drives a Figo had an incident last night.

According to him :
  • He had driven over a stray granite block on his way home.
  • He heard a loud "Thud" on impact (he didn't check to see since it was late at night)
  • He's unable to open the bonnet & there's some "oil like" liquid coming out from the section above the number plate.

Would really appreciate if fellow Figo owners let me know what exactly the issue is or how serious the issue is.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6472.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6475.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6476.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6482.jpg  

Last edited by speed kills : 28th November 2012 at 16:00.
Old 28th November 2012, 16:10   #7450
BHPian

Hello Figo owners, need help. Yesterday, while removing the charger from the cigarette lighter charger socket, I think I shorted the circuit. I was having the USB charger cable that I accidentally put in the cigarette lighter charger socket and a spark flashed. Now when I check it using an accessory, it does not work. I assume a fuse is blown. I checked the manual to figure out what fuse to check but do not find any distinct fuse listed for this cigarette lighter charger. Can someone guide me which fuse should I check? Thanks!
Old 28th November 2012, 17:37   #7451
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this incident; this seems to be one of the most common reasons of car damage on Indian roads.

As for the things that could be wrong, its hard to make out which area is affected by looking at these pictures, but the second picture probably shows extensive damage. Is this a petrol Figo?
From the looks of it, the area affected looks something like an engine mount or some part of the engine block/gearbox near the mount & appears as though a chunk of the block has broken away.

Ask your friend to not drive the car & get it towed to the ASC, just to ensure that there is no further damage due to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
One of my colleagues who drives a Figo had an incident last night.

According to him :
  • He had driven over a stray granite block on his way home.
  • He heard a loud "Thud" on impact (he didn't check to see since it was late at night)
  • He's unable to open the bonnet & there's some "oil like" liquid coming out from the section above the number plate.
Would really appreciate if fellow Figo owners let me know what exactly the issue is or how serious the issue is.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 28th November 2012 at 17:38.
Old 28th November 2012, 18:02   #7452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Is this a petrol Figo?

Ask your friend to not drive the car & get it towed to the ASC, just to ensure that there is no further damage due to this.
Thanks for the info Blackfire! This is a Diesel.
Old 28th November 2012, 18:50   #7453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Hello Figo owners, need help. Yesterday, while removing the charger from the cigarette lighter charger socket, I think I shorted the circuit. I was having the USB charger cable that I accidentally put in the cigarette lighter charger socket and a spark flashed. Now when I check it using an accessory, it does not work. I assume a fuse is blown. I checked the manual to figure out what fuse to check but do not find any distinct fuse listed for this cigarette lighter charger. Can someone guide me which fuse should I check? Thanks!

Remove the glove box and access the fuse box. There is a diagram of the fuses and the manual will show you which one is the electric socket fuse. There should be spare fuses which would have come along with the car.

Please check which is the right one according to the manual and you can DIY.
Old 28th November 2012, 18:56   #7454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Please check which is the right one according to the manual and you can DIY.
That is what I had asked. I have already referred to the manual and unable to understand which one is for cigarette lighter charger. So still the question remains.
Old 28th November 2012, 19:01   #7455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
That is what I had asked. I have already referred to the manual and unable to understand which one is for cigarette lighter charger. So still the question remains.
Sorry, cannot help you there since I don't have the manual and fuses with me all the time. From what I remember, It was quite easy to identify.

Best bet would be to visit the Service Center and in the process you can purchase a new set of fuses for future use.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks