Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 19:09   #7456
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

How would 195/55/R15 on 15" alloys be on the Figo?
Old 28th November 2012, 19:57   #7457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig
Friends I was researching on AC neutralisers when I came across this product. Valvoline All Season Heater/ AC Odor eliminator

Now most neutralisers can be sprayed into the AC vent on the dashboards and the dirt and grime are removed. This product however needs to be sprayed in the Intake Vents in the cowl area of the vehicle. Can someone guide me where the cowl area of a Figo petrol is? Also if anyone else has used this product, do you recommend it? Of late a leafy type of smell has been coming from the AC. So wanted to get rid of the odor. Didn't find the GULF Neutraliser (as mentioned on another thread) in the market today.

Also, has anyone tried out the Osram Night Breaker + 60/55w headlamps on their figo? Any improvement in the night visibility? I've to drive completely blind whenever Im coming from Mahadevpura to Kamanahalli at night. I mean even if I switch hi beams on, it feels like my lights aren't working. Any solution for this?

Thanks.
Guys can someone answer this query? lease: :(
Old 28th November 2012, 21:51   #7458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil

That is what I had asked. I have already referred to the manual and unable to understand which one is for cigarette lighter charger. So still the question remains.
Access the fuse panel through the glove box. Behind the glove box wall, there's a diagram of the fuses and to which one it connects. I don't remember off hand but I think the picture of the fuse you are looking for is mentioned either 12v or it has the diagram of a lighted cigarette. Just relate the diagram to the actual lines of fuses and replace it. It's quite a simple DIY. I have done it three or four times
Old 28th November 2012, 22:46   #7459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Can someone guide me where the cowl area of a Figo petrol is?

Also, has anyone tried out the Osram Night Breaker + 60/55w headlamps on their figo? Any improvement in the night visibility?

Thanks.
I assume you mean the fresh air intake ? That should be under the bonnet just ahead of the wipers, and close to the AC compressor. I'll have to look under the bonnet to locate it, haven't actually tried to look for it.

As for Osram Nightbreaker, yes , been using it for several months now, and it does make a siginificant improvment over stock. The OE bulbs branded DELA or something like that, are rather yellowish and dim in comparison. My dad (he's the primary user) is quite happy with the illumination, though I still think it isn't a very effective design. Maybe we will try the new face-lifted Figo's headlamp assy at the Ford ASC if it's worth swapping to.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 23:05   #7460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci
. I'll have to look under the bonnet to locate it, haven't actually tried to look for it.

Maybe we will try the new face-lifted Figo's headlamp assy at the Ford ASC if it's worth swapping to.
Hey thanks for replying mate.

Can you put up a pic once you locate it? Im not too familiar with the intake area.

The OE bulbs are indeed OSRAM Dela.

The ASC is not ready to swap the headlamps of the figo with the new model. I tried asking them, telling them that its the same but they said no sir not the same. I wish ford made some RTB type of service action for the headsets and atleast changed the stock setup.

Now that my warranty is over Im thinking of upgrading to ONB+ for the time being. Then will move to a projector setup if all else fails. What do you say? Would projectors help in solving this problem?
Old 28th November 2012, 23:47   #7461
BHPian

The Nightbreaker is stock wattage at 60/55W, so it should not even be an issue regarding warranty. It's the ASC staff who take it to the extreme as "any modification" without proper reasoning as it whether the modification in any way changes operating conditions to void the warranty.

Projectors are the thing I've had in mind for use with HID. I haven't seen any drop-in replacement projectors for the Figo yet, but I haven't been actively searching as such. IMHO projectors aren't meant to brighten the beam, the real reason for using projectors is to get a well-defined beam particularly the low beam, to comply with legal specifications. That is why most projector applications are low beam, though now they are replacing the parabolic units as well for high beams.
Old 29th November 2012, 01:04   #7462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried asking them, telling them that its the same but they said no sir not the same.
Are you sure the reflectors are interchangeable? I seem to recall that the bottom half of the lamps have a different contour, due to the redesigned bumper.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 01:09   #7463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Are you sure the reflectors are interchangeable? I seem to recall that the bottom half of the lamps have a different contour, due to the redesigned bumper.
Hmm theres the possibility of that. No wonder the service guys were telling they wont do it. Im stuck with the ONB+ option for now. Will head to JC road.
The connectors of the ONB+ will be the same as the stock bulb right or we need to make some adjustments?
Old 29th November 2012, 11:07   #7464
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm theres the possibility of that. No wonder the service guys were telling they wont do it. Im stuck with the ONB+ option for now. Will head to JC road.
The connectors of the ONB+ will be the same as the stock bulb right or we need to make some adjustments?
A colleague of moderator vid6639 got the new headlamp installed in his figo. please contact him for any further info.

the cost was 16k for new headlamps and new bumper!!!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2970999
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 15:53   #7465
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
A colleague of moderator vid6639 got the new headlamp installed in his figo. please contact him for any further info.
the cost was 16k for new headlamps and new bumper!!!
16K too much for additional power of headlights. (Bit weird to hear that the bumper needs to be replaced because of new headlight alignment)

Has anybody driven the new Figo during rainy nights and confirm the brightness of the headlamps.
RGK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 18:25   #7466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK

16K too much for additional power of headlights. (Bit weird to hear that the bumper needs to be replaced because of new headlight alignment)

Has anybody driven the new Figo during rainy nights and confirm the brightness of the headlamps.
Yes 16k and that too The headlamp doesn't look as great as the one in the first generation.

Bumper replacement seems strange. Are they replacing it with the new model bumpers?

How much does a set of headlamps assemblies for the first generation model cost? Was looking at auto lighting thread where i came across Retro rides. They assemble projectors into the stock headlamps. But it can be costly.

For now stuck with replacing the stock bulbs. In two minds about OSRAM NB+ and Philips extreme vision. Anyone here has tried extremevision? Its costing about 300 bucks more than ONB+. Is it worth it?
Old 29th November 2012, 23:10   #7467
BHPian

Quote:
For now stuck with replacing the stock bulbs. In two minds about OSRAM NB+ and Philips extreme vision. Anyone here has tried extremevision? Its costing about 300 bucks more than ONB+. Is it worth it?
I have Nightbreakers in the Figo at present, and a pair of Philips Xtreme Power (the predecessor to the Xtreme Vision) lying as replacement if the NBs conk off. Anyway - not tried them yet, but from reviews read elsewhere, the Philips bulbs are biased for better low beam but have poorer high beam effectiveness. Of course, the bulb filament is merely the source and the reflector does the job of collecting and focusing the light, so the beam pattern/spread will vary from one vehicle type to another. The Xtreme Vision is merely a minor update (quoted 90% brighter over stock, same as Nightbreaker) to the Xtreme Power which was claimed at 80% brighter.
Old 30th November 2012, 01:28   #7468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci

I have Nightbreakers in the Figo at present, and a pair of Philips Xtreme Power (the predecessor to the Xtreme Vision) lying as replacement if the NBs conk off. .
How good is the visibility with nightbreakers? Is it better than stock atleast? Or will only philips xtremevision make a significant difference in our Figos headlamps?
Also how good is the life of ONB+ and xtremevision in 60/55w h4 format?

Thanks.
Old 30th November 2012, 12:03   #7469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Can the increase in DTE divided by litres filled be taken an approximate FE ?
I used to be skeptical about this method, as the tdci unit was giving below 20 kmpl value always.

Yesterday i did a very sedate highway driving at 70-80 kmph speeds, with 50% AC. There was a bit of traffic too. It was a near 400 km trip.

Now after Rs.500 filling(9.85 litre), DTE increase was 341-96=245. So kmpl=24.87!

EDIT: I kept air at 34 psi all, but this was not exactly when the tyre was cold.

Last edited by ramzsys : 30th November 2012 at 12:05.
Old 30th November 2012, 19:18   #7470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
How would 195/55/R15 on 15" alloys be on the Figo?
Overkill, but I think they will look real great. Fill the wheel arches too, as the OD of 195/55R15 is slightly more than stock but within tolerance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks