Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 21:41   #7321
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
@vnabhi: The Titanium now comes with the USB port/cable. . Avoid mudflaps as they are prone to breakage. Instead go for OEM rubber boot mat, as boot mat is sold separately and is not included in the floor mat package.
Thanks, but won't the car look odd without mud-flaps? Can I get more durable ones in the after market?

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th October 2012 at 23:43. Reason: Edited quoted post, please quote selectively for the benefit of our mobile readers, thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 22:11   #7322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks, but won't the car look odd without mud-flaps? Can I get more durable ones in the after market?
I have heard a lot (and seen as well) about broken mud flaps in Figo, due to low ground clearance. But, I have had a very different experience. 18 months and over 26K on the ODO (driven on the worse of the NCR roads), I have never had underbody scraping and the mud-flaps are still intact. *touchwood*

But, yes - I have seen many-many Figos with broken mud flaps. Just being a little careful while going over the humps or the potholes helps a lot.

Last edited by dhinchak : 9th October 2012 at 22:13.
Old 9th October 2012, 22:18   #7323
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think the car would look odd. Check out the pics of my car. Also, after market ones would last longer as they are made of flexible material, but they are flat and look very odd.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00002.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc03542.jpg
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 23:42   #7324
Senior - BHPian

Re: Figo TDCi Air Filter Cleaning

I am not sure why this would have happened, but have you checked for any sort of leaks/gaps in the air pathway? The kind of accumulates that you see in your air-filter box cannot pass through the filter (at least a decent one) & therefore, this should be checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Shocked by what I found inside the air-filter.

Attachment 998079
Old 9th October 2012, 23:59   #7325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi

I think it is better to get original mud flaps because they are of clip type. But if you want the rubber/ flexible one from after market, you need to drill holes to fix it. If you leave without mudflaps, you may have to bear with the splashes of mud, cow dung at the bottom of the doors.

As Blow Horn OK said, get door sill plate(scuff plate) instead of car cover, as per Bangalore showroom, both are of same price 1500/-.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 11:02   #7326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Shocked by what I found inside the air-filter.

Attachment 998079

A pile of insects -- encircled in red above.
Attachment 998080

A big pile of black dust.
Attachment 998081

So much for an Odo reading of only 16K .. run on reasonably less polluted routes in Bangalore.
Nothing to be surprised off here ScanD. I too live in Bangalore and on my Ikon i clean the stock K&N almost every 5K kms and its usually quite clogged. Same thing on a turbo engine is bound to have more clogging due to higher air flow compared to a naturally aspirated petrol engine. Bangalore in general is quite high on dust.

Can you please post few more pics on how you dismantled the engine cover and accessed the air filter. Even I think I should do it on my Figo.

Quote:
Guys
[*]Seat covers (not sure if he's giving leather vinyl ones or just vinyl ones, but he did say leather vinyl, by pointing to the showroom display piece.)[*]Pillow and neck rest set.
[*]Mud flaps and mats, including boot mat.[/list]I was looking at the Ford website for accessories, but found nothing on display on the interior menu.

Further, is it advisable to go for side-door moulding? Will it look nice on a white Figo?

Suggestions/ clarifications are welcome.

Thanks
You can look at my initial ownership review to compare looks of a bare white Figo vs with black colored side cladding. I personally preferred black over white but you can choose either as per your taste.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...auty-figo.html

Regarding mud flaps i would highly recommend getting them free from dealer and use them as long as they last. Mine have lasted so far without breaking for 7 months. However i do notice the clips on the rear flaps do tend to open up on its own and you need to tighten them back in place else they will fall. Go slow over sharp bumps and your flaps should have longer life .

Dealer vinyl seat covers are very avg in quality and give a flat look to the seats. I personally would prefer after market seat covers.

Dont go for neck rests since they may not be ergonomic from a whiplash injury standpoint. Keep that in mind before using them.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 13:12   #7327
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

I asked the dealer whether he was ok if I swap body cover with some other stuff worth Rs 1500, and he was ok. I may go in for sports pedals or body moulding, either of which is around Rs 3000 and pay the difference. I shall leave the choice to my son.

@supertinu---I personally like the black side moulding on your Figo. Is it the premium variety that costs over Rs 3000? There is also another version for Rs 800 also.

The dealer also confirmed that he was providing leather vinyl seat covers worth Rs 9000. As I am getting it free, I will surely go for it, though I can get good ones for Rs 6000 outside.

Only part he was not agreeable for an exchange was the teflon coating. I guess I'll pester him again and try my luck.
Old 10th October 2012, 15:56   #7328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil
Which Ford service center in Mumbai has good reputation? Also, is it possible to be present around you car when it is serviced? Any restrictions on that from the service center?
I have used WASAN ford deonar since I got my car in Nov 2011. I am pretty happy with the service and time commitment. And yes, I have stayed twice to watch the service ,though only for 45 minutes and nobody seemed to mind. I guess Wasan is the oldest as well.

I have used AVK ford too, but only for fixing fogs. Oem Accessories seem to be cheaper there.
Old 10th October 2012, 21:11   #7329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
I have heard a lot (and seen as well) about broken mud flaps in Figo, due to low ground clearance. But, I have had a very different experience. 18 months and over 26K on the ODO (driven on the worse of the NCR roads), I have never had underbody scraping and the mud-flaps are still intact. *touchwood*

But, yes - I have seen many-many Figos with broken mud flaps. Just being a little careful while going over the humps or the potholes helps a lot.
In 35k kms and 2.5yrs, I have not broken my company provided mudflaps. My mudflaps regularly scrape though. There is a small hump at the end of a ramp from my hospital basement parking where the mudflaps regularly scrape, but luckily not broken till now.

Today I got my RTB checked at Cauvery Ford,Mangalore. I am clear. I also got my ECU upgraded. They washed the car for free. Few of the SAs and mechanics I had interacted with during my earlier visits to their workshop or service camps in my town recognised me and greeted me eventhough my interactions were brief and I didnt think they will remember me. Two of them even came to me to enquire about my car eventhough they were not assigned to me. i felt pampered!
Eventhough I have not had a bad experience at Ford service, today was really pleasant and better than what I have had at Maruti.
Who says Ford service is bad? I am fast becoming a Ford fanboy

Last edited by Deep Blue : 10th October 2012 at 21:13.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:16   #7330
BHPian

Does anyone know where to find figo's Bluetooth audio system user manual pdf? If someone has it, would it be possible to email the file. I seem to have misplaced it and googling didn't help.
Old 11th October 2012, 13:48   #7331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

@supertinu---I personally like the black side moulding on your Figo. Is it the premium variety that costs over Rs 3000? There is also another version for Rs 800 also.
I am not sure about the pricing but it was definitely not worth Rs 3000. Ford dealer had 3 kinds of side moulding. Plain unpainted black, like the ones I got on my car. Same ones painted in body color and 3rd kind was the more premium one which has a line of chrome on it. Chrome ones are mostly seen on Old Fiesta and was not available for Figo or that what my dealer told me at that point. Offlate I have noticed some new Figos in my office with the chrome ones. So its possible that the one I got were 1000 rupee range and chrome one costs 3000/-.
Old 11th October 2012, 15:32   #7332
Senior - BHPian

The chrome ones cost 6K (at least here in Delhi) while the simple unpainted black ones cost about 800 bucks. The painted ones may hence be priced at around 3K. And if I remember correctly, the chrome ones are also only so-called because of that silver strip but not because of an actual/proper chrome strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I am not sure about the pricing but it was definitely not worth Rs 3000. Ford dealer had 3 kinds of side moulding. Plain unpainted black, like the ones I got on my car. Same ones painted in body color and 3rd kind was the more premium one which has a line of chrome on it. Chrome ones are mostly seen on Old Fiesta and was not available for Figo or that what my dealer told me at that point. Offlate I have noticed some new Figos in my office with the chrome ones. So its possible that the one I got were 1000 rupee range and chrome one costs 3000/-.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 22:40   #7333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
The chrome ones cost 6K (at least here in Delhi) while the simple unpainted black ones cost about 800 bucks. The painted ones may hence be priced at around 3K. And if I remember correctly, the chrome ones are also only so-called because of that silver strip but not because of an actual/proper chrome strip.
I paid 5000/- for the chrome variant back in May 2012 at Chennai Ford.
sara.ramli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 20:33   #7334
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I came to know now that the vehicle they are demarcating is an August, 2012 model, as the vin number has 'E' as the 12th digit.

We are planning to insist on a September-manufactured model ('L' as 12th digit), as production of old model might have stopped in October. Any thoughts?

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th October 2012 at 20:35.
Old 12th October 2012, 22:48   #7335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys
I came to know now that the vehicle they are demarcating is an August, 2012 model, as the vin number has 'E' as the 12th digit.

We are planning to insist on a September-manufactured model ('L' as 12th digit), as production of old model might have stopped in October. Any thoughts?
Later the manf date better it would be but incase you get an Aug one, that also should be ok. 1 month vs 2 month, I cant think of any big issues with that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks