Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 10:05   #7306
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
I bought a Figo in August and the car has completed 3500 kms since then. I am able to hear the 'tak' sound from the right side of the steering column when the right fron wheel goes over a hump. It is intermittent though.

Waiting to report this during the second service which is due at 10K. I have heard people tell that the steering kit will be replaced. But not sure if this is aa manufacturing defect for a particular batch.
Not sure about this one. Could be some suspension thing as well. In my case its from steering column and comes at standstill also as long as steering wheel is being turned 360 degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
From your earlier post it wasn't clear whether you were getting the noise with the car moving or not. This is what Mik wrote:

In his case the noise is coming with the car moving.

In my case noise comes predominantly when the car is moving in my parking, but mine is a diesel vehicle and engine makes a lot of noise anyway, so hearing the noise is hard outside - the noise may still be there.
I think you are right. In my case the sound has nothing to do with movement. Even mine is diesel and the clicking sound is not audible while driving or with stereo on. Only in the parkin at standstill and no audio i can hear it when I am managing parking in a tight spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Thank you so much. I was worried since the SA stated that there would be a separate receipt for the Road Tax. Today when I collected the RC, he told me that the payment is done online and numbers are issued only after the payment is made. Hence no receipt is available.

Anyway thank you for your reply. I am now relieved.
Since you have the RC I guess their is nothing to worry about. Not sure about chennai procedures though, recently when my car was registered in Bangalore I was given a receipt as a proof till i got my smart card registration which took almost 2 months to come
Old 4th October 2012, 16:09   #7307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Not sure about this one. Could be some suspension thing as well. In my case its from steering column and comes at standstill also as long as steering wheel is being turned 360 degrees

I think you are right. In my case the sound has nothing to do with movement. Even mine is diesel and the clicking sound is not audible while driving or with stereo on. Only in the parkin at standstill and no audio i can hear it when I am managing parking in a tight spot.

I was also suspecting some suspension thing. My car has done only 12k kms, and drive shaft problems will be very surprising at such low mileage; that too when the car has been driven (almost) exclusively in city and some excellent highway roads.

What @shipnil wrote may be true in the worst case though - and I guess if it really is driveshaft than it may be better to get it checked earlier than later.

I hope this is covered under warranty
Old 4th October 2012, 21:58   #7308
BHPian

Figo TDCi Air Filter Cleaning

Shocked by what I found inside the air-filter.

A pile of insects -- encircled in red above.

A big pile of black dust.

So much for an Odo reading of only 16K .. run on reasonably less polluted routes in Bangalore.

Only tool required is a hexagonal star shaped "T25" screw driver. (Thanks to the Ford Service Advisor who gave me this technical name .. or else i would still be scouring SP road with my paper markings to find the right sized tool. )

Immediately after this cleaning, the car felt very lively and smooth. I'm not entirely sure if it was only my imagination.. as one week hence, the extra smoothness seems to have disappeared.
Old 5th October 2012, 11:36   #7309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD
So much for an Odo reading of only 16K .. run on reasonably less polluted routes in Bangalore.
When I gave my car for 1st service two weeks ago, it had run only 2.3k kms. I had mentioned about mileage being 14 average with 50% highway and 50% city drive. Latter while collecting the car, he informed me that there was lot of dust collected in airfilter and this could be the reason for getting less mileage.

But in 2300 kms, I had driven 50% in Bangalore and rest in highways - 1 trip to Bellary/Hampi, 3 trips to Chickkaballapur.
Old 5th October 2012, 15:15   #7310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
When I gave my car for 1st service two weeks ago, it had run only 2.3k kms. I had mentioned about mileage being 14 average with 50% highway and 50% city drive. Latter while collecting the car, he informed me that there was lot of dust collected in airfilter and this could be the reason for getting less mileage.

But in 2300 kms, I had driven 50% in Bangalore and rest in highways - 1 trip to Bellary/Hampi, 3 trips to Chickkaballapur.
@HighOctane, you might find this thread interesting: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...l-economy.html

Several pages ago people have reported to have got better mileages only after crossing 15K on the ODO.

PS: I just noticed my earlier message is missing the accompanying images. I will upload later today.
scanD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 19:48   #7311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980
Did Delhi--Pune last week, cant believe its over !! I got quite decent avg of 19 with AC and 185/70 tyres, doing 110-120. Other stats in the pic ...let me know if any queries....thanks
Hi NFS , which app is used to capture these stats ?
Old 5th October 2012, 20:51   #7312
Senior - BHPian

My car had a problem and had taken to Lathangi Ford for repair. There was a problem with the idler wheel in the fan belt assembly. Got it replaced free of cost under extended warranty. Had to pay only Rupees 39. A complete wash(both exterior/interior) with polish was done without any extra cost. Brilliant service so far from Ford(Lathangi/Cauvery/Metro). Atleast when compared with Toyota ,Ford seems miles ahead.

My car apart, the hot news- spotted 2012 face lifted Figo.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post2925452 (Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing)

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th October 2012 at 10:25. Reason: adding link to dedicated facelift thread
PrideRed is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 23:19   #7313
Senior - BHPian

For employees working in MNCs taking company lease from Kotak Mahindra, Ford is giving the old Titanium model at a whopping discount of Rs 35000---I got a quote of Rs 570279 in place of Rs 605210 (ex-showroom). However extended warranty costs Rs 3500 more.

And for those who are buying on their own, the discount is Rs 28000 , which includes free insurance, accessories kit and extended warranty.

I think it is better to go for the older model with such lucrative offers. The new model is likely to be priced higher, but Ford cannot afford to increase it by a big margin, lest it lose its VFM tag.

The sales agent told me that Ford has now closed its production of Figos for maintenance for a few days, and will produce only the new model henceforth.
Old 5th October 2012, 23:27   #7314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123

Hi NFS , which app is used to capture these stats ?
Road Trip for iOS on my 3GS
Old 7th October 2012, 10:29   #7315
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's note: Guys, all Ford Figo facelift related posts have been moved to the dedicated thread. Please continue the discussion over there as that can be easily referenced. This review thread is so long that the new model posts will get lost in it.

Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...testing-5.html (Scoop Pics: Ford Figo facelift spotted testing)

Thanks,

Team-BHP Support
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 16:47   #7316
BHPian

I had been facing Bluetooth issues from the past couple of months. Finally decided to visit Harpreet Ford to get it checked. I have a HTC Wildfire, and even though the phone directory, and SMS features never worked with my phone - but the pairing (picking up calls) worked just fine.

The issue was - I was able to pair my phone with the Stereo, but when someone called I could hear their voice but they could not hear mine. Though, it did worked sometimes! Usually, I was able to pair my phone with the stereo, but the HU showed a PAIR ERROR after a couple of days and I had to follow the complete procedure of deleting and repairing the phone back again. And, still it was not guarantee that the voice issue (of the person not being able to hear my voice) would not reappear.

To be doubly sure that the problem was not with my phone, I tried pairing with other phones as well, but the issue persisted.

As expected, the first thing the SA at Harpreet Ford decided to conclude was that the issue was with the phone and the Head Unit was absolutely fine. I protested, and asked them to try with some other phone. A guy, who had gone to Chennai and received training on the Stereo then came with his phone, and paired his phone with my Stereo. All this time I was praying that the problem doesnt gets resolved on its own - as it used to happen when I deleted and repaired my phone (even though it was only for a couple of days). And, thankfully it did not and when he called to test - the person on the other side of the phone was not able to hear us. (And, I sighed in relief).

He immediately asked the mechanic to remove the Stereo, and send it to Ford Chennai for repair. After that, 2-3 more guys came to check and see the problem by reconnecting the stereo - I was actually amazed, why they were so hell-bent on not accepting that the problem was with the stereo. They were just not willing to send it for repair under warranty.

I had a talk with some senior technician their - and he told me that the Stereo's software got corrupted due to a virus which came from my phone - LOL. And, he went on to give some more frivolous reason what could have been wrong - like trying to pair too many phones, or incompatible phones being paired etc.

Lets, just hope that Ford does at least repair it and find what actually is wrong, a faulty part or just a corrupted software. I will not be surprised if they return it to me saying that there was nothing wrong :(
Old 9th October 2012, 16:13   #7317
BHPian

Figo TDCi Air Filter Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Shocked by what I found inside the air-filter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
PS: I just noticed my earlier message is missing the accompanying images. I will upload later today.
Shocked by what I found inside the air-filter.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_1623.jpg

A pile of insects -- encircled in red above.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_1624.jpg

A big pile of black dust.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_1626.jpg

Only tool required is a hexagonal star shaped "T25" screw driver. (Thanks to the Ford Service Advisor who gave me this technical name .. or else i would still be scouring SP road with my paper markings to find the right sized tool. )
Dust extracted using some mild patting on the floor and some compressed air.. as advised in other threads on the topic.

Immediately after this cleaning, the car felt very lively and smooth. I'm not entirely sure if it was only my imagination.. as one week hence, the extra smoothness seems to have disappeared.

Last edited by scanD : 9th October 2012 at 16:19. Reason: title change
scanD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 19:15   #7318
BHPian

Which Ford service center in Mumbai has good reputation? Also, is it possible to be present around you car when it is serviced? Any restrictions on that from the service center?
Old 9th October 2012, 21:05   #7319
Senior - BHPian

Guys
The dealer has promised us lots of freebies with the Figo my son has booked.
Below is the list, but I may need to change it as I don't need all of those. Can someone post the approximate cost of the below:-
  1. Body cover (I don't need it)
  2. Seat covers (not sure if he's giving leather vinyl ones or just vinyl ones, but he did say leather vinyl, by pointing to the showroom display piece.)
  3. Pillow and neck rest set.
  4. Teflon coating
  5. Sunfilm (after registration is done)
  6. Mud flaps and mats, including boot mat.
I was looking at the Ford website for accessories, but found nothing on display on the interior menu.

Can someone please confirm if sports pedals are available for the Figo? I do know they are there for the Fiesta.

Further, is it advisable to go for side-door moulding? Will it look nice on a white Figo?

And does the Figo Titanium come with a usb cable? I do know that the usb slot is somewhere in the glove box.

Suggestions/ clarifications are welcome.

Thanks

Last edited by vnabhi : 9th October 2012 at 21:06.
Old 9th October 2012, 21:19   #7320
BHPian

@vnabhi: The Titanium now comes with the USB port/cable. Sports pedals are not listed in figo's accessory brochure. You can try the fiesta ones and I guess it would flush fit. If you like the appearance with the side door molding, go for it. I personally like the clean looks without the moldings. Go for Door sill covers/scuff plates. They look up-market and protect the paint. Avoid mudflaps as they are prone to breakage. Instead go for OEM rubber boot mat, as boot mat is sold separately and is not included in the floor mat package.

Teflon coating is nothing special and I would recommend to buy good quality car shampoo and wax/polish and polish the car once a month to keep the paint glowing. Buy a good quality duster (Like Jopasu) for occasional dusting. Careful dusting and polishing will get you better paint protection and would be cheaper than the teflon gimmick!
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks