Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 14:06   #7246
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Thanking the lord that I got my Figo last month and did not wait for the facelift. It looks terrible in my opinion but hopefully they have added features that make up for it.
Old 18th September 2012, 15:15   #7247
Senior - BHPian

Face Lift!!! That looks more like an acid attack! Figo had got one of the "best looking" headlamps. They have screwed up everything that looked good on the front.
Old 18th September 2012, 15:26   #7248
Senior - BHPian

The facelift is not nice. Figo loses its character now. Kind of reminds me of a bland Maruti-style design.

Remember when BMW released the new E65 7-series in 2001 (Bangle's design)? After the preview pictures, sales of the old version went through the roof!
Old 18th September 2012, 15:59   #7249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Face Lift!!! That looks more like an acid attack! Figo had got one of the "best looking" headlamps. They have screwed up everything that looked good on the front.
Exactly my thoughts. It looks like Ford has recruited designers from Maruti who'd designed the Ritz and Dzire.

I am disappointed. I'd shortlisted the Figo over the Beat and was eagerly waiting for the new Figo. Now it looks like I have to settle for the Beat, despite its not-so-great highway manners.

Guys, do let me know if the Beat has okayish headlamp power, compared to the current Figo.
Old 18th September 2012, 16:21   #7250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi

Exactly my thoughts. It looks like Ford has recruited designers from Maruti who'd designed the Ritz and Dzire.
You said it right. Looks like they have hired them, the new revamped Maruti 800 looks like New Figo or I put it in this way "New Figo looks like upcoming M800" Look at the below upcoming white M800

Quote:
Guys, do let me know if the Beat has okayish headlamp power, compared to the current Figo.
I frankly donot about its headlamp abilities, but Beat can be good for city only. The 3 cylinder 1L and small cabin may not suit highway drive. You can look Micra or wait for Swift instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-attachment1.jpg  

Last edited by HighOctane : 18th September 2012 at 16:25.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 16:34   #7251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

I am disappointed. I'd shortlisted the Figo over the Beat and was eagerly waiting for the new Figo. Now it looks like I have to settle for the Beat, despite its not-so-great highway manners.

why not go in for the so called 'older' version. Since the new one will be out soon, you might get a good discount on the previous generation cars.
shadow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 19:59   #7252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

You said it right. Looks like they have hired them, the new revamped Maruti 800 looks like New Figo or I put it in this way "New Figo looks like upcoming M800" Look at the below upcoming white M800.
Guys, the Indianautoblog has reported the similarities between New Figo and Maruti Alto 800. Read on:
http://www.indianautosblog.com/2012/...aruti-alto-800

Last edited by HighOctane : 18th September 2012 at 20:01.
Old 18th September 2012, 21:42   #7253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
why not go in for the so called 'older' version. Since the new one will be out soon, you might get a good discount on the previous generation cars.
Indeed. Go for the current gen Figo. At least I would have. And there are discounts as well. 30K+ as per reports.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 21:56   #7254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Indeed. Go for the current gen Figo. At least I would have. And there are discounts as well. 30K+ as per reports.
Not a bad idea. Actually Figo ticked all the right boxes except the weak headlamps. Though I don't mind upgrading to better bulbs (which I did for my WagonR), I was perturbed by reports that the throw isn't much improved in the Figo. Hence I was waiting for the new model.

Another downer is that they offer free insurance on the current model, which I will not benefit from. I am planning a company lease in which the company bears the life tax and insurance for the lease period.

If the dealer gives me accessories worth the insurance amount (is it 15 K for Titanium diesel?), then it might be worthwhile. But as I plan to go for the Titanium, which comes fully loaded, what can I think of buying for 15 K from the dealer?
Old 18th September 2012, 21:58   #7255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what can I think of buying for 15 K from the dealer?
Seat covers, mats, sun-films, mud-flaps, extended warranty (fought tooth & nail for this) and the likes.

Maybe Tefllon coat after an year can be clubbed as well.
Old 18th September 2012, 22:03   #7256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Seat covers, mats, sun-films, mud-flaps, extended warranty (fought tooth & nail for this) and the likes.

Maybe Tefllon coat after an year can be clubbed as well.
Thanks. Mud flaps, sun films and mats may be around Rs 1500. Seat covers around 9 K (but I can get better stuff outside for 5 k).

How much does extended warranty cost? How many years do they give it for?
Old 18th September 2012, 22:06   #7257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks. Mud flaps, sun films and mats may be around Rs 1500. Seat covers around 9 K (but I can get better stuff outside for 5 k
You can, but then you are getting it for free, so its better na?

Quote:
How much does extended warranty cost? How many years do they give it for?
I believe it was for another year. That is 2+1. Cost? approx 3.5K IIRC.
Old 18th September 2012, 22:12   #7258
BHPian

Thank God, I have the old Figo. The new one is a downgrade. Looks like the same designer is getting kicked around from Hyundai to Maruti and now Ford.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 22:19   #7259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Thank God, I have the old Figo. The new one is a downgrade. Looks like the same designer is getting kicked around from Hyundai to Maruti and now Ford.
Yup, methinks it was the guy who designed the old Sonata and Elantra, Estillo, Ritz and Dzire, has now found employment in Ford
Old 20th September 2012, 15:04   #7260
BHPian

The facelift figo looks like the fiesta rocam hatch from brazil!!

http://www.ford.com.br/showroom.asp?veiculo=41
So i guess maruti copied ford,the same way the alto k10 headlights resemble the iKon facelift.

i think we first have to see the car in the flesh before we ridicule it because those scoop pictures distort the image slightly.But i agree that the facelifted figo looks a bit quirky.Hopefully ford stuffs some more features in the figo and reduces the nvh of the diesel and upgrades the petrol engine with a slight price increase,then the looks will be forgiven.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 20th September 2012 at 15:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks