Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 17:17   #7111
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Hi scorpio07, Yes they put the car on the ramp and showed me no signs of leakage anywhere. i couldn't see any oil leak signs under the car.
ohh, mine didn't drip out but with a flashlight under the body showed signs of leakage. Also, when you checked the oil levels was the engine cold or was it after you had driven. I am assuming that you checked when the engine was cold.
Old 21st August 2012, 22:01   #7112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Thanks for the prompt update ! Really appreciate.

So to summarize, the speculated changes in the Titanium would be:
1. Redesigned headlamps/taillamps
2. Tweaked front bumper/grill
3. Keyless entry
4. Engine start/stop
5. New design alloys
6. 3 New colors (orange/blue/yellow)

Any chances of the rear power windows being fitted somehow? If not, it would make sense to buy the current edition. Already free insurance is up for grabs. If they have to clear out stock in 1-2 months, the discounts will surely increase around late September.
I dont think ford will put engine start stop, they skipped it on their premium new fiesta! It will be a pointless feature if they offer it instead of rear power windows or rear headrest, steering controls, blue backlit instrument cluster etc

If its just going to be some cosmetic upgrades then its just sad on fords part! They should atleast offer a new beige interior option, re-add the features from the 1st batch of figos like rear wiper for zxi and tacho/MP3 player for the exi etc plus add some new features(very sad).Toyota already has plans to redo the interiors of the etios/liva(beige) while ford waits!!Also ford should do something about its 1.2 petrol engine. it neither has the expected power nor the efficiency to offer any fight to its competitors. All this at a minimal cost increase or else it will loose its trump card, its VFM tag!

OT:
I think Ford is one of the most lazy and badly organized companies in India.Slow to launch new models and if they launch some thing its either too expensive and half done(new fiesta) or some old model,though vfm looses its sheen quite quickly(figo,Endeavour) and ford comes out with slow and pointless upgrades!!
I thought ford burnt its fingers with the mondeo,fusion but i guess it dint burn enough! sigh..
Old 21st August 2012, 22:08   #7113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
ohh, mine didn't drip out but with a flashlight under the body showed signs of leakage. Also, when you checked the oil levels was the engine cold or was it after you had driven. I am assuming that you checked when the engine was cold.
Never used any flash light, just checked the signs of oil leak under the body. I dont exactly know in which places i need to look into, but i do checked the whole underbody with my eyes wide open on day light.

Ok, I need to be clear about the ways i checked the oil. I was not an expert here.. sometimes i do check it when the engine is bit hot. To get the exact reading we need to check it on morning, i got this piece of info' later. My bad.

Let me be precise, I checked oil 4 times, First time i checked it on morning when the car ran 5k kms, by that time it was at half way mark. I then visited SC and checked with the guy there, he said its fine.. Dont worry until you see any engine oil check light litted up. But still i checked after a couple of week and can see the level remains the same. Then at 7.9k i checked with engine heat is slightly on higher side (after a hault for 30 mins or so) i find the oil level on the min mark. And immedietly i took the car to SC, the SC guy checked the oil level with engine heat and can see engine oil level below min mark. But on the other day he informed me that he filled up only 250 ml of oil and which now shows the eninge oil a slight above the medium level mark.

Now on going to watch the consumption closely, Plan to check for every fortnight ON MORNING before starting the car.
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:46   #7114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Never used any flash light, just checked the signs of oil leak under the body. I dont exactly know in which places i need to look into, but i do checked the whole underbody with my eyes wide open on day light.
First thing i would do is take the car to the service centre and put it on the ramp, ask the service technician to check for oil pump leakage.

Secondly when you check oil or coolant levels, always check before cold start. That would give the most accurate levels, when you have driven around and if you check, level will be low because the oil will be in circulation and also the coolant. So what you see in the dipstick is the oil minus those in circulation. Also, oil levels will drop as you come closer to your service time, plus remove the dipstick wipe it clean and then insert to check the level.
scorpio07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 11:44   #7115
Senior - BHPian

Dropped off my 1.2 for the third service at Metro Ford. I enquired about using synthetic oil and was surprised when the advisor said they use semi-synth oil from Castrol.
It was a little hard to believe so I asked him if I could see the can. Only diesel cans were available so I asked him to keep it so I can see it when I go to pick up the car.

A litre costs Rs230. I feel from the second service onwards at 10k kms, it was possible semi-synth oil was used since I remember doing a couple of trips after the service and experiencing very good engine smoothness .

Is anyone aware or sure that semi-synth oil is used for Fords now?
Old 25th August 2012, 14:07   #7116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yesterday gave my car for RTB change and few other issues. I hear a thud sound when my front left wheel hits a pothhole or a small bump. Had a road test and the technician found there is a problem with link rod.

Today the SA called and the link rod replacement would cost around 1200/- and cannot be covered under warranty as the car has done 22k (26th month running).
I had taken my car to the A.S.S 3 weeks back for the exact same problem. The sound was more of a metallic "Click" sound than a "Thud". I too was told it's a problem with the link rod and they have apparently tightened them and now the sound is absent. The sound used to come up more when we hit a bump or a pothole while taking a turn. This was done at Fortune Ford Hyderabad. I'm yet to get my RTB checked even though the Ford Website says my VIN number doesn't have the issue. Waiting for a Bangalore trip in 2 weeks, and planning to show it at Lathangi Ford Banerghatta road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It had been posted sometime back on this thread that Ford uses semi-synthetic oil. I can't seem to find the post now, sorry.

Last edited by jayded : 25th August 2012 at 14:11.
Old 25th August 2012, 21:16   #7117
Senior - BHPian

Here's a pic of the seat covers.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120825_211540.png
Views: 10552
Size:  414.2 KB
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 22:26   #7118
BHPian

Your seat cover looks amazing. The fit and finish is top notch. Even I have the same color combination but the material and fit & finish leaves a lot to be desired. Please share the cost
Old 26th August 2012, 11:47   #7119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Dropped off my 1.2 for the third service at Metro Ford. I enquired about using synthetic oil and was surprised when the advisor said they use semi-synth oil from Castrol.
It was a little hard to believe so I asked him if I could see the can. Only diesel cans were available so I asked him to keep it so I can see it when I go to pick up the car.

A litre costs Rs230. I feel from the second service onwards at 10k kms, it was possible semi-synth oil was used since I remember doing a couple of trips after the service and experiencing very good engine smoothness .

Completed the 20k kms service at 18.5k kms yesterday.
Was a normal service working out to 3k. Oil and consumables replaced. Air filter and wipers were to be replaced, since the car had after-market ones, it wasn't.
Wheel Rotation was supposedly done, alignment not since the car had after market alloys.
A/C Cowl filter was cleaned and refitted since there was no need to replace the same. Brake pad thickness was good enough and was not replaced.
Overall a simple service, so I cant say much about the car before/after service. Feels very much the same as before service.
Old 26th August 2012, 13:37   #7120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

Nice Fit, any details on this. I need to something similar for my figo in Bombay.

Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 21:20   #7121
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I had taken my car to the A.S.S 3 weeks back for the exact same problem. The sound was more of a metallic "Click" sound than a "Thud". I too was told it's a problem with the link rod and they have apparently tightened them and now the sound is absent. The sound used to come up more when we hit a bump or a pothole while taking a turn. This was done at Fortune Ford Hyderabad.
My RTB service update:
RTB was changed under warranty
Link rod (right side) was replaced. The thud sound happens because of more "play" in the link rod. 1200/- for the spare and 140/- for the labour. I feel the spare cost is too costly. If someone has time in the SC, kindly request to check the price of "Link rod".

My AC was checked due to poor performance in "1st" position. They cleaned the filter and charged 140/- for labour. The car has 3 year EW.

After RTB change, I started getting a sound at the left rear "sala sala" whenever I move the vehicle. Also I get "dum" sound on a good road on the rear side. It has happened thrice. First I had a feeling that I have hit a big poth hole, but it was in a good road at second and third time.

I doubt the coil spring seating on the axle frame. (Just my assumption). Really irritating because of poor workmanship.

Last edited by RGK : 26th August 2012 at 21:26.
Old 26th August 2012, 22:03   #7122
Distinguished - BHPian

Figo owners,
Need a bit of quick advice. A friend who's doing a drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad today in his Figo (tdci), is facing a gear shift problem. On the highway, he went over a dead animal, which hit the underbody, and once he could steady the car right after that, he stopped over to understand if there was any damage.

However post that he could not slot into the lower gears, and as of now he's able to drive only in 3rd & 4th gears; he's not able to even slot into the reverse gear.

Did a search on the forum, could find this post (below) that has a similar issue. As of now, he's planning to continue driving, and reach Hyderabad. There are no other warning lights (check engine/etc) or any visible leakages, so it seems the best option to continue ahead.

Please suggest if he should do otherwise. Awaiting feedback on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
update about a new problem.

I started facing gear shift problems for 3rd and 4th gears.
It just wouldn't go into the slot easily. observed this from 2 days back.
got it checked at my dealer, and after initial trial and check, they said they need to check the gear box and it will take more that a day. They will be picking up my car tomorrow morning.
I was also told that it might be due to the underbody hit that has happened when a stone hit my underbody! attached a pic of the same.
Anybody else faced this issue with the figo? any suggestions?
Old 26th August 2012, 23:23   #7123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli

Did a search on the forum, could find this post (below) that has a similar issue. As of now, he's planning to continue driving, and reach Hyderabad. There are no other warning lights (check engine/etc) or any visible leakages, so it seems the best option to continue ahead.
When I faced this problem, I was able to slot into all the gears, but was not quite as smooth as it used to be.
It was fixed by adjusting the torque on the gear cables.
Better to get it checked at ford soon.
Old 27th August 2012, 12:14   #7124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Nice seat covers there. Are they Autoform U-Fit model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Nice Fit, any details on this. I need to something similar for my figo in Bombay.

Thanks
Why don't you try the Autoform India website? They have really good patterns and colour combinations to choose from. I have installed the model called U-Fly in my Figo and really love it. It's art-leather. Or you can even try G-Sport models, will be slightly pricier compared to Autoform though. Both will give you the snug fit.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:14   #7125
BHPian

I plan to stick self adhesive foam tapes (weather strips) on the body frame (where the door beading touches the body after the door being closed) to eliminate the squeaky noise from the doors. I am not able to track any retailers here and the websites like amazon and ebay uk are quoting high charges for shipping it to India. It would be great if someone could track the same!

It is used widely to seal the windows and remove rattles in automobiles. Attaching a pic for reference. The tape should be 3-4 mm thick and 10-20 mm wide.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-images.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-images-1.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-images-2.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0055.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks