Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2012, 12:19   #7261
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Some of you might remember that my Figo's steering rack was replaced under partial warranty at Kairali Ford.

There was PS oil consumption even after rack replacement & Kairali Ford guys informed that the rack has to be replaced once more under cash payment since i did not have OE alloys / tyre size.

However i went for 40K service at new Ford dealership, Malayalam Ford & they told that the issue seems to be with a PS hose which they did not have in stock.

Yesterday the car went in for replacing the hose & they found some issue with linkage assembly & changed it under warranty. I offered to pay for the PS oil (consumable) but they covered even that.

I see new aluminium cladding & signages on the Kairali Ford service center, but it might not be enough, if the SA stands 1/2 a mile away from the car and assume that ALL steering issues are born from non OE alloys & tyres.
Old 22nd September 2012, 13:17   #7262

Im just waiting for the new figo to see if its got better headlights which can be used to replace the candles on my car

Though seeing the shape and the change in the position of the indicator it looks doubtful
:-(

HIDs it is then...
Old 22nd September 2012, 16:34   #7263
BHPian

Friends my car is due for the 20,000kms service next month but Ive covered only 15,800 kms till date. So should I give the car for service at its scheduled date? Its petrol model. Also how much does the 20k kms service cost?

Also has anyone felt any sound when releasing the clutch in neutral? After parking the car, and placing in neutral if I released the clutch some humming sound was coming. It was barely audible. May have been there from the beginning itself. The sound goes away on pressing the clutch even though its neutral. Has anyone heard such sound in their petrol figos too? Please advise.

Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2012, 17:08   #7264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Friends my car is due for the 20,000kms service next month but Ive covered only 15,800 kms till date. So should I give the car for service at its scheduled date? Its petrol model. Also how much does the 20k kms service cost?

Also has anyone felt any sound when releasing the clutch in neutral? After parking the car, and placing in neutral if I released the clutch some humming sound was coming. It was barely audible. May have been there from the beginning itself. The sound goes away on pressing the clutch even though its neutral. Has anyone heard such sound in their petrol figos too? Please advise.

Thanks.
you can wait and get the servicing done at around 17-18k, 15k is a bit too early.

I own a diesel so I cannot answer your other queries.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 17:11   #7265
Senior - BHPian

I read a short review online that the new Figo will have a push-button keyless start system. But the button needs to be pushed thrice to start: the first push switches the music system on, the second other electricals, and the third starts the ignition.

So what happens if the car stalls in traffic (which older models were prone to)? Imagine the time it will take to push three times.
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:19   #7266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

Thanks.
I went for the the 20k service exactly on 15k kms, Just a week before its 2nd birthday.

1. I drive on very bad and dusty roads and I had decided to change the oil @ every 6-7 k kms instead of 10k kms

2. The RTB had to checked and replaced.

3. To get the screeching noise from the front Anti roll bar while going over bumps and pot holes solved.

To my surprise, the air filter was excessively choked up I directed the SA to replace it. The oil and oil filter were changed and the Noises were addressed.

Final Bill Came @ Rs. 3515/- which also included Rs. 200/- for door striker setting. Did not opt for Wheel Balancing and alignment as I decided to get it done outside.

The Service Cost was around 1150/- and rest were consumables (Oil filter,Oil, Air Filter). If you drive the car in a dusty and congested conditions and have to address issues, I would suggest to get the service done and wait for sometime if you drive in a cleaner environment and have no other complaints.

Even I have noticed a change in engine idling noise while depressing/pressing the clutch while the car is in neutral, but that's barely audible. I think it is not an issue, unless it is noticeable enough.

Off topic: Had a chance to drive a brand new Chevy Spark and I must say, I am spoiled by the poise, excellent gear shifts, steering feedback and ride of the figo.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 22nd September 2012 at 19:27.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 22:52   #7267
Senior - BHPian

Hey All, I am planning on a DIY for changing the speakers in the rear doors. Can you please let me know the best way to remove the manual window pane roller levers? I need to remove those to open the door pads. I did a short inspection earlier today but didnt see a locking mechanism for the levers, their must be some clamp or lock on the inside which is not easily visible.
Old 23rd September 2012, 00:42   #7268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
To my surprise, the air filter was excessively choked up I directed the SA to replace it. The oil and oil filter were changed and the Noises were addressed.

Final Bill Came @ Rs. 3515/- which also included Rs. 200/- for door striker setting. Did not opt for Wheel Balancing and alignment as I decided to get it done outside.

Even I have noticed a change in engine idling noise while depressing/pressing the clutch while the car is in neutral, but that's barely audible. I think it is not an issue, unless it is noticeable enough.

Off topic: Had a chance to drive a brand new Chevy Spark and I must say, I am spoiled by the poise, excellent gear shifts, steering feedback and ride of the figo.
Hey thanks for the heads up regarding the WAB service. I thought it was standard. Now i shall opt out of that. Its quite a lot at the ASC. Bhp-ian Nikhilb2008's tyre centre does a great job and the staff are friendly so I get it done from there itself.

Yes the noise was heard today after I got a bit curious. But since you say you have it then I guess its quite normal. It can also be the clutch plates separate only when the clutch is pressed and not just in neutral gear.

Figo is a far better handler than other cars in its class. Please dont throw stones at me, but I love the Figo even more than my ANHC. The steering and suspension feedback is what makes me love the figo everyday. You get to know what each wheel is going through on a patch of road, which one is going over the stone, which one is at the edge of the pothole etc.

Are you using synthetic oil? Should i opt for synthetic or whatever they are giving at the service centre?

I was also going through my records, I see in the second service they replaced my brake pads, however I did not get the replaced parts from the ASC. And last time an incident happened so forgot to read carefully while taking delivery of the car. This time im gonna stay till the work is over. Has anyone got the used parts back after the service?

Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2012, 13:10   #7269
BHPian

Why were the brakes replaced? You were charged for that? If replaced free of cost for screeching noise, its OK. Otherwise brake pads should last at least for 30k kms.

I go for whatever oil the ASSC uses. I guess its semi-synthetic Castrol. I know that those people will create a fuss if i insist to use any oil bought from outside!
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2012, 13:21   #7270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok
Why were the brakes replaced? You were charged for that? If replaced free of cost for screeching noise, its OK. I know that those people will create a fuss if i insist to use any oil bought from outside!
I guess it might have been for screeching noise. It was replaced under warranty FOC.

The thing is service advisors dont convey anything to the customer. Hopefully the new SA that i met during PAS recall program will be different when it comes to my service.

Yup they are fussy when it comes to whatever you bring. Why cant mechanics be friendly with the customers? Honda guys were much more eager to discuss everything with me when i get my City serviced.
Old 23rd September 2012, 17:18   #7271

Hello all- I recently bought Figo Titanium Diesel. One thing I noticed is that the instrument cluster illumination doesn't work sometimes when the head lights are on. Is there some toggle switch/ mechanism to switch it on?
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:03   #7272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis
Hello all- I recently bought Figo Titanium Diesel. One thing I noticed is that the instrument cluster illumination doesn't work sometimes when the head lights are on. Is there some toggle switch/ mechanism to switch it on?
Congrats Ellipsis on your new purchase. The instrument cluster should glow if you switch on the head lamps & therevis no such toggle switch to on/off instrument cluster. Please inform Ford A.S.S and get it checked.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2012, 23:58   #7273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis View Post
yup as already highlighted by High Octane, seems like some glitch. Get it checked out. And congrats on your purchase. Drive safe.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 16:34   #7274
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

guys, I have a Question :
Is the 1.4 Duratorq engine in the "new fiesta classic" (the one they advertise as having 32.xx kmpl over an Autocar all india milage run) same as the one in the figo ? are the two in the same state of tune ?
I find it hard to swallow that if the Autocar guys had driven the same way in a figo 1.4 duratorq, they would have achieved the same.
Old 24th September 2012, 17:35   #7275
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the engines are the same & are also in the same state of tune. The gearing may be different, but I am not too sure on this aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
guys, I have a Question :
Is the 1.4 Duratorq engine in the "new fiesta classic" (the one they advertise as having 32.xx kmpl over an Autocar all india milage run) same as the one in the figo ? are the two in the same state of tune ?
I find it hard to swallow that if the Autocar guys had driven the same way in a figo 1.4 duratorq, they would have achieved the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks