Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2012, 11:01   #7291
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
regarding the software update,pvs ford took 2 days to do the update.i dont know what they did with that?before update stalling issue was there once in a while.after update i faced 3 times within a period of 15 days.most of the times it was during start of a journey that too early in the morning during a downshift from 5th to 4th as soon as i press the clutch and the engine stalls with cluster lights on.now i am planning to take to kairali ford,trichur to find a solution.from where u get the update done?kairali or malayalam ford?
The ECU update does not take more than a day. I got it done at Kairali ford kochi. I gave the car in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon.
The car never stalled once after that.

You should get the update done at PVS Ford itself and complain directly to Ford that you did not get your problem rectified. They should get a taste of that as well.
Old 1st October 2012, 12:12   #7292
Senior - BHPian

The update would take under 15 minutes!! I'm sure they took you for a ride.
Old 1st October 2012, 18:36   #7293
Mik
BHPian

Facing a strange issue:
While coming back from Chail, i could hear some noise from the steering. A distinct "dik.. tick .tick" vibration sound over rough roads.
This happens only when the steering is turned while taking a corner. Doesn't happen on straight roads.
Any pointers what could be the issue ?
Old 1st October 2012, 18:47   #7294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Facing a strange issue:
While coming back from Chail, i could hear some noise from the steering. A distinct "dik.. tick .tick" vibration sound over rough roads.
This happens only when the steering is turned while taking a corner. Doesn't happen on straight roads.
Even i have noticed similar sound on my car from the steering wheel when turned. Started noticing it for last couple of weeks. My car has done 7.5K km, was thinking of holding on to this one till 2nd servicing since it doesnt seem to much of a big deal. Let me know if anyone has more knowledge about this one.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 19:09   #7295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
Did Delhi--Pune last week, cant believe its over !! I got quite decent avg of 19 with AC and 185/70 tyres, doing 110-120. Other stats in the pic ...let me know if any queries....thanks
19 kmpl with AC is a terrific figure.

What's the maximum that you have managed in the city?

Quote:
Facing a strange issue:
I believe it's an issue similar to what quite a lot of BHPians have faced & it has been attributed to some component of the steering assembly. One such BHPian is "desideep", who has had the steering rack replaced twice. Maybe you can try looking back in this thread.

@ALL: Does anyone know where I can find Ford OEM coolant outside the A.S.S in Delhi (or Gurgaon) or which company makes them (so that I can check with respective dealers)? I believe Ford uses an OAT Long-Life coolant.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 1st October 2012 at 19:16. Reason: Had to add question about coolant
blackfire_9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 19:15   #7296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Even i have noticed similar sound on my car from the steering wheel when turned. Started noticing it for last couple of weeks. My car has done 7.5K km, was thinking of holding on to this one till 2nd servicing since it doesnt seem to much of a big deal. Let me know if anyone has more knowledge about this one.

I bought a Figo in August and the car has completed 3500 kms since then. I am able to hear the 'tak' sound from the right side of the steering column when the right fron wheel goes over a hump. It is intermittent though.

Waiting to report this during the second service which is due at 10K. I have heard people tell that the steering kit will be replaced. But not sure if this is aa manufacturing defect for a particular batch.
Old 1st October 2012, 20:49   #7297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9

19 kmpl with AC is a terrific figure.

What's the maximum that you have managed in the city?
with ac in first month in feb 2012 of 21.x...but i mentioned tyre size as it cost me approx 2 km per liter for having wider tyres, also we leave car running for long during stopping to buy something with mu spouse inside, i have also seen worst of 15 km/l in June, so i will sy it depends primarily on on diesel quality, tyre pressure and idle running.
Old 1st October 2012, 22:53   #7298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I noticed the same noise when reversing for the last month or so - comes only when I reverse and the steering has the wheels turned to left.

Haven't noticed while reversing and turning right (I don't do that much due to the way my parking space is arranged) OR while moving forward.
Old 1st October 2012, 23:11   #7299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I noticed the same noise when reversing for the last month or so - comes only when I reverse and the steering has the wheels turned to left.

Haven't noticed while reversing and turning right (I don't do that much due to the way my parking space is arranged) OR while moving forward.
The sound that we are referring to is different from yours. In our case the clicking kind of sound comes intermittently as the steering wheel is turned in either direction. It comes at standstill as well.
Old 1st October 2012, 23:22   #7300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sound that we are referring to is different from yours. In our case the clicking kind of sound comes intermittently as the steering wheel is turned in either direction. It comes at standstill as well.

From your earlier post it wasn't clear whether you were getting the noise with the car moving or not. This is what Mik wrote:

Quote:
Facing a strange issue:

In his case the noise is coming with the car moving.

In my case noise comes predominantly when the car is moving in my parking, but mine is a diesel vehicle and engine makes a lot of noise anyway, so hearing the noise is hard outside - the noise may still be there.
Old 2nd October 2012, 07:20   #7301
BHPian

Quote:
Facing a strange issue:
This noise comes when the drive shaft has broken oil seal. I had faced this with my M800. The noise comes only when you take turn. So if the noise comes when you are taking left turn, then the left wheel drive shaft oil seal is broken, or if it with right turn then the right side one is gone bad. Normally it is recommended to replace the drive shaft assembly in such cases.
shipnil is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:52   #7302
BHPian

Off Topic Question

I did not get a Road Tax receipt when they issued me the RC. Is it something that the customer should receive while the RC book is given?
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:57   #7303
BHPian

a query on strut bars for the figo: My car's front suspension seems to bottom out over larger potholes. Am not sure what a strutbar does but will it help installing one?
Old 3rd October 2012, 18:46   #7304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Off Topic Question

I did not get a Road Tax receipt when they issued me the RC. Is it something that the customer should receive while the RC book is given?
While all my vehicles that were registered last year and earlier had this small green challan stapled to the RC, the vehicle that was recently registered did not come with that.

The RC just has an endorsement to the effect that road tax has been paid.

Maybe they have done away with issuing separate challan for it.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 18:51   #7305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
While all my vehicles that were registered last year and earlier had this small green challan stapled to the RC, the vehicle that was recently registered did not come with that.

The RC just has an endorsement to the effect that road tax has been paid.

Maybe they have done away with issuing separate challan for it.
Thank you so much. I was worried since the SA stated that there would be a separate receipt for the Road Tax. Today when I collected the RC, he told me that the payment is done online and numbers are issued only after the payment is made. Hence no receipt is available.

Anyway thank you for your reply. I am now relieved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks