Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 11:09   #7411
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Dear Bangalore BHPians,

I have recently relocated to Bangalore and have a query. I need to take my Figo for a routine checkup and am confused with the Ford Service Centre Experiences here. Can anyone pls guide me with the better available option.

Just for Information sake, I am based out of Kalyan Nagar area.
Old 16th November 2012, 12:01   #7412
Senior - BHPian

I hear a mild whine in the cabin from the 1.4 tdci engine. This is only at cold start, disappears few minutes later.

Is this normal or should i visit the ASC?
Old 16th November 2012, 12:28   #7413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Dear Bangalore BHPians,

I have recently relocated to Bangalore and have a query. I need to take my Figo for a routine checkup and am confused with the Ford Service Centre Experiences here. Can anyone pls guide me with the better available option.

I think the closest service center for you might be Elite Ford near KR Puram. I use them regularly and they are pretty good. Metro Ford on MG rd also has good review though i have no personal experience with them. Lathangi Ford are the worst in my opinion based on personal experience but there location anyways will be very far for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I hear a mild whine in the cabin from the 1.4 tdci engine. This is only at cold start, disappears few minutes later.

Is this normal or should i visit the ASC?
I would monitor this for few days and see if it changes or increases. If no change then just live with it till you visit ASC for something else. I have noticed diesel engine at cold start does make more sounds that go away as it warms up. Could be just the weather change since its getting colder these days.
Old 16th November 2012, 12:59   #7414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Dear Bangalore BHPians,

Shantanu - you can also take your car for servicing to Metro ford in Lingrajpuram. I have always got my car serviced there. Though the quality has dropped due to big numbers of vehicles starting to come there, I am still satisfied.
Old 18th November 2012, 09:03   #7415

BHPians, I have a query. Is it possible to fold the antenna jutting out of the antenna holder?? or can you only remove it completely???
Old 18th November 2012, 09:34   #7416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu
BHPians, I have a query. Is it possible to fold the antenna jutting out of the antenna holder?? or can you only remove it completely???
Folding the antenna would result in poor reception and a lot of static, which defeats the purpose of having one in the first place. You would be better off removing the thing entirely and rerouting it to an internal one.
Old 18th November 2012, 13:19   #7417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu
The antenna can be remove by turning it ( its like screw type) You can remove this in case in you want to cover the car. As Burn_Out said, the reception of FM will not be clear without antenna.

Anybody has fixed the after market long antenna fixed to boot door of hatch ? How much it would cost?

Last edited by HighOctane : 18th November 2012 at 13:22.
Old 20th November 2012, 08:50   #7418
BHPian

Need an urgent help! The front left windshield of my Ford Figo shattered today morning. Some kid bursting a cracker near my car, and by the time I could stop him, probably a splinter from the fire cracker did its job:-(

Now I am in a dilemma whether to register a claim, or get it done myself at my own expense. What could be the approx cost, any body any idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0078.jpg  

Old 20th November 2012, 10:02   #7419
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to know about this crack. But isn't the glass strong enough?

You will lose NCB if you claim insurance. If the cost is less than the NCB, then I suggest you replace it yourself. Or better, ask the kid's parents to pay for it.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 10:25   #7420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Need an urgent help! The front left windshield of my Ford Figo shattered today morning. Some kid bursting a cracker near my car, and by the time I could stop him, probably a splinter from the fire cracker did its job:-(

Now I am in a dilemma whether to register a claim, or get it done myself at my own expense. What could be the approx cost, any body any idea?
If you know who the kid is- can't you ask the parents to pay for the damage?
Old 20th November 2012, 14:27   #7421
Senior - BHPian

Man, that is terrible. You should ask the kid's parents to pay for these damages, after all, they should instill a basic sense of responsibility in their children.

On another note, I wonder if the window glass is so weak that it can be damaged to such an extent (looking at the taping you have done) with a cracker burst a few feet away.

Quote:

Old 20th November 2012, 14:54   #7422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
On another note, I wonder if the window glass is so weak that it can be damaged to such an extent (looking at the taping you have done) with a cracker burst a few feet away.
IIRC, crackers have tiny stone(s) inside and the velocity from the blast is enough to let the stones break through glass.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 15:32   #7423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry to know about this crack. But isn't the glass strong enough?

You will lose NCB if you claim insurance. If the cost is less than the NCB, then I suggest you replace it yourself. Or better, ask the kid's parents to pay for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
If you know who the kid is- can't you ask the parents to pay for the damage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Man, that is terrible. You should ask the kid's parents to pay for these damages, after all, they should instill a basic sense of responsibility in their children.

It was a public place with a gathering of 1000+ people and I don't know the kid or his family. By the time we came out of the car, the miscreant disappeared taking the benefit of crowd. Though we caught a kid as a suspect, but there was not enough evidence to prove his guilty. The stone might have come at a great speed, enough to shatter the glass. It was punctured (around 4mm in diameter) at a point and the whole of it cracked in few seconds.

If the cost of replacement would be below the NCB benefit, I would pay for it. Could not ask about the costs or go for replacement, as the FASS @ Dhanbad was closed for today.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 20th November 2012 at 15:45.
Old 20th November 2012, 16:51   #7424
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu View Post
Do go through this DIY thread by Taseem which may be of help to you.(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...f-antenna.html)

Quote:
If the cost of replacement would be below the NCB benefit, I would pay for it. Could not ask about the costs or go for replacement, as the FASS @ Dhanbad was closed for today.
If you can source the glass, I would recommend to get it fixed outside. This is not an high tech job and a decent mechanic would remove these pieces and fix the new one. You may need to buy the adhesive as well.

Last edited by RGK : 20th November 2012 at 16:59.
Old 20th November 2012, 17:44   #7425
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry about your window. This happens when there are careless kids monkeying around!
My figo too had its window shattered when some kids were playing with stones.
The cost was about 1400 rupees with labor but this was a year back so i dont know if the cost have increased or decreased.
the ford service guys did a good job .
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed