Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2014, 23:13   #8971
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Just received my Figo post the 20k service. Below is the Invoice details.

Super Dot - 4 (Brake Fluid) - 610.76

The cost of the brake fluid is a lot. A 250 ml Bosch brake fluid bottle costs INR 80 & a normal car's brake system's capacity is around 500 ml. Even if they bled the whole system, it could not have taken that much of fluid.

LABOUR
Brake System - Bleed - 240 (Forgot to ask the service guys what this is, can anyone throw some light on this)
Brake bleeding is the procedure of getting rid of the air from a car's hydraulic brake system. Whenever a brake job is performed, air makes its way into the brake lines which greatly reduces the efficiency of the system because the required amount of hydraulic pressure cannot be developed which means weak or no brakes. Generally this is done by slamming on the brake pedal continuously till all the trapped air is purged out & only brake fluid remains in the system.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th January 2014 at 11:43. Reason: Fixing quote tag
trinity0114 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 23:23   #8972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

My pal called up Ford A.S.S. and was quoted an absurd rate of Rs 1200 per wheel cap!! This looks like daylight robbery. It looks like these are more expensive than the logos on the front and rear of the car.

He is seriously thinking of other alternatives. Does anyone have an idea if duplicates are available?
Talking about absurd rates, the Titanium monogram on the back of Figo costs Rs. 3000. Does it get any more ridiculous.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 15:34   #8973
BHPian

Something really strange happened with my Figo today, the ac stopped cooling all of a sudden! It was working fine wine morning and throughout the 230kms drive i did from Vasai to Bardoli.
When i switched off the ac and switched it on after 5 mins - it started working fine! I thought it might be due to overheating so kept the engine running and checked the coolant level - it is fine. Didn't find any signs of overheating. Kept the engine running for about 10 mins to see if it the ac stops again, didn't happen!
Strangely I'm unable to enter diagnostic mode! Kept the stalk depressed and turned the key, but it didn't work! Am I doing it wrong? Has anyone else here faced this ac issue?
Old 19th January 2014, 15:44   #8974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Something really strange happened with my Figo today, the ac stopped cooling all of a sudden.....
Strangely I'm unable to enter diagnostic mode! Kept the stalk depressed and turned the key, but it didn't work! Am I doing it wrong? Has anyone else here faced this ac issue?
Nishant, my Figo also has the same problem and it is one of the most embarrassing thing to happen in a car where everybody gives top marks for the AC. I'm living with this defect for quite some time now and after a visit to the service center, the frequency of it happening has reduced, but the problem still exists. They did a software update and assured me that the issue is rectified, but not yet. Only saving grace is that they acknowledged the existence of this problem in a number of Figos. They are yet to find a permanent fix. The AC cuts out after prolonged use (For me, it happens during my highway runs) and you have to turn it off for sometime and afterwards, it comes back to life.

For the diagnostic mode, do the following. Turn the key to ACC, within 3 seconds, press the selector knob and while keeping it pressed, turn the key to Ignition ON position. This should work.

Last edited by A350XWB : 19th January 2014 at 15:46.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 16:02   #8975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Nishant, my Figo also has the same problem and it is one of the most embarrassing thing to happen in a car where everybody gives top marks for the AC. I'm living with this defect for quite some time now and after a visit to the service center, the frequency of it happening has reduced, but the problem still exists. They did a software update and assured me that the issue is rectified, but not yet. Only saving grace is that they acknowledged the existence of this problem in a number of Figos. They are yet to find a permanent fix. The AC cuts out after prolonged use (For me, it happens during my highway runs) and you have to turn it off for sometime and afterwards, it comes back to life.

For the diagnostic mode, do the following. Turn the key to ACC, within 3 seconds, press the selector knob and while keeping it pressed, turn the key to Ignition ON position. This should work.
I find it really hard to believe that Ford is unable to find the root cause of this issue and find a fix. I feel it's just to avoid taking the pain. IMO this issue has to be related to overheating, as it only happens on long drives (from your and my experience). Maybe the coolant isn't effective enough to keep the engine cool resulting in ac cut-off. I'm gonna try flushing the coolant and fill up a different one with the same specifications, or better. Let's see if that resolves this issue.
Surprisingly, i did not face this issue on my drive to Goa last year which was longer! I'm sure it's related to the coolant as this hasn't happened on my mom's Figo on the same drive - from Vasai to Bardoli.
Old 19th January 2014, 17:07   #8976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Just got an sms from my dealer that Ford is withdrawing offering 4th year extended warranty on the Figo, but for customer who have opted for the 3rd year extended warranty there is an option to buy it before the 31st of Jan. It costs Rs. 9649/-

Figo owners - Is 4th year EW worth it at this price ? I personally feel it's quite expensive at 9.5k.

I have just purchased the 4th Year EW from MPL for Rs.9649, Quite expensive especially when the price of EW for 3+4 yr was only 10k for my Ertiga Petrol. I went ahead just to be safe , we cant predict when parts start to fail.
Old 19th January 2014, 19:27   #8977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Discs replacement suggestion by the SA I feel is a rip off at Ford. I have heard this from many and most them from Ford owners.

In the last service, the SA suggested that the discs have lines and will last till the next service in which it will be replaced. The car has run 30k now and the last service was around 2k kms back.
I clearly told him, only if I feel the disc needs to be replaced, I will give the go ahead for them to replace it .

For some reason, these guys suggest disc replacement as easy as the pads replacement when it is actually the pads that needs to be replaced regularly when they are worn.
Very Valid Point my Friend!
They also were not too happy with OEM wiper blades on my car.
Ford Wipers are 800 a pair.

Dics + Pads + labor is a costly 5-6K job!
Pads I can understand would need replacement but discs too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
I have just purchased the 4th Year EW from MPL for Rs.9649, Quite expensive especially when the price of EW for 3+4 yr was only 10k for my Ertiga Petrol. I went ahead just to be safe , we cant predict when parts start to fail.

I think the price of extended warranty has gone up a bit, I remember we paid a lot less. Somewhere around 4-5K for the same.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 19th January 2014 at 19:28.
Old 19th January 2014, 20:06   #8978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Talking about absurd rates, the Titanium monogram on the back of Figo costs Rs. 3000. Does it get any more ridiculous.
Holy cow! That is ridiculous!

The Vento TDi logo costs 1500 or so, and I thought that was astronomical. Who said Figo's parts are at par with competitors?

I have changed my decision to change my alloy wheel cap that has faded. Rs 1200 is not worth it. I'll scout for local alternatives. But my poor pal has to manage with a missing wheel cap till an alternative is found.

Any suggestions will be very helpful.
Old 19th January 2014, 22:58   #8979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Vento TDi logo costs 1500 or so, and I thought that was astronomical. Who said Figo's parts are at par with competitors?

I have changed my decision to change my alloy wheel cap that has faded. Rs 1200 is not worth it. I'll scout for local alternatives. But my poor pal has to manage with a missing wheel cap till an alternative is found.

Here's something more ridiculous. Incase you get a dent on your rear hatch door even on the corner, Ford A.S.S will paint the entire door to match the color and remove all monograms to get a good paint finish. They are able to salvage the other monograms but not titanium since its separate multiple letters and they are just not able to paste then back with the same fit and finish as original. So they insist on replacing it with a new one which comes with a die that has them placed apart appropriately for sticking. I recently did get one replaced but only cause i was not paying for the damages. I am sure the roadside corner guy who makes sticker number plates can easily do it as good as new in 5 mins for 50 bucks.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 23:01   #8980
BHPian

Quote:

IMHO your pal should check out after market wheel caps, for 1200-1500 bucks you can get a complete set of wheel caps.

Moreover I feel the after market ones look way better than the stock ones.

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 19th January 2014 at 23:08.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 23:07   #8981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
IMHO your pal should check out after market wheel caps, for 800 bucks you can get a complete set of wheel caps.

Moreover I feel the after market ones look way better than the stock ones.
Thanks. Can you give us some leads? Which shop and where? And do those have 'Ford' inscribed?
Old 19th January 2014, 23:24   #8982
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Can you give us some leads? Which shop and where? And do those have 'Ford' inscribed?
I know a couple of guys in Hyd, will check with them & let you know. In case you wanna know, do check out the store on Minister Road, the shop name is "Car Jewel".

Be sure to bargain though, also there is a shop a few hundred mts from my place, will check with & let you know.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 00:13   #8983
Senior - BHPian

@nishantbhatia84, A/C issues is a bug bear with all ford cars. My FIL had a Fusion where spent 1 Lakhs over 4 repair jobs on the A/C. My BIL had an Ikon and old Fiesta both of which had multiple A/C problems. He has hence replaced the Ikon with the new Fiesta.
Infact I almost didn't buy the Figo because of a fear of A/C issues.
I have faced the same issue twice and my wife once. But they seem to rectify automatically.
Just keep your fingers crossed.
Old 20th January 2014, 22:45   #8984
BHPian

Two shock absorbers changed till 80k
1. Front right shock absorber (under warranty)-38k
2. Rear left shock absorber -70k

Brake pads changed around 58k.For rear drums no maintenanance till now except normal cleaning as part of 10k service
Old 21st January 2014, 22:29   #8985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
They also were not too happy with OEM wiper blades on my car.
Ford Wipers are 800 a pair.
I got a shock of the wiper costing 800Rs when I needed a replacement. Got a set from outside shop for 300Rs and replaced it myself. It is doing good job for the last 6 months

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks