Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2014, 11:15   #9076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
I got a call from my dealer from whom I bought the car, Bhagat Ford Chandigarh, regarding 4th year extended warranty. It would cost me 9600/- as per them. I asked them to list out what all parts are covered under the warranty and what all is not covered. I am quite certain that they will give a ambiguous answer to my question. It is only when some part is damaged, and you go to them for getting it replaced that you get to know that it is not covered under warranty.

If someone has a list or knows about what parts are covered and what are not, can they post it here to share with the larger audience. And, is it really worth spending 9600/- on the 4th year extended warranty?

Replies awaited!

Thanks!
9600 for just one year extension seems quite steep! Do you have a petrol or diesel? I recently got 3rd and 4th year extended warranty for my petrol Figo for 8800 bucks. I did check about the coverage and was told it covers everything that normal warranty does.
Old 19th February 2014, 12:59   #9077
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
9600 for just one year extension seems quite steep! Do you have a petrol or diesel? I recently got 3rd and 4th year extended warranty for my petrol Figo for 8800 bucks. I did check about the coverage and was told it covers everything that normal warranty does.
Mine is Diesel. And, yes 9600 is steep that is why I am thinking twice before buying it. From my experience with Ford, the things which break are usually the ones which as per them are not included in warranty, or that is what they say! That's why I wanted it in written from them what is included and what is not. But, they are non-committal in providing that information to me in written.

In the 4th year it is just the Engine and the electricals which are included(even that I am not sure, what is included and what is not in the electricals).
Old 19th February 2014, 13:58   #9078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
how much did this cost you in the bill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I'm also interested in knowing the result and if they charged you for the same. Mine is also one of those Figos which suffer from this cutoff syndrome. As summers have already started, I would like to know whether the change really solved the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
My Figo had the same issue with the AC cutting off. Got the thermostat changed and it's fixed! No more issues! Although I still feel the AC cuts-off for 5-10 odd seconds on hot days - when stuck in traffic.
It was replaced free of cost under warranty. However the problem did recur on a highway trip post the replacement. I remember seeing another user mentioning the same in this thread - the problem not being solved inspite of the thermistor being replaced multiple times.

A more technical and logical explanation was also given by one our members here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I suspect the evaporator coils under your dashboard are icing up - this is known to reduce the cooling and airflow volume, since the ice restricts the movement of air sent by the blower.

A way of identifying this is to see if there's a large pool of water beneath your AC drain pipe after your car experiences this issue and has been parked for a while.

Try turning off your AC compressor (or turning the blue-red knob towards a warmer setting) every 30-45 mins for about 5-10 mins and see if the problem persists. This technique prevents the ice forming to a very thick and solid layer.
If it isn't a big issue for you, I would suggest that you let it be, rather than letting these inept guys create more problems than what they fix.

The reason am saying that is because, I went with the service center's suggestion of replacing it and paying the price now. To do this replacement, they mentioned they had to take out the entire dashboard and some parts of the air filtering mechanism. They did a shoddy job of putting things back together. A loose air intake pipe causing excessive noise was ultimately found and fixed last week. I am still facing an issue with the engine power lacking once the tacho crosses 1500 rpm. Not sure what else is improperly put back under the hood.

If you still decide to go ahead with the replacement option, atleast ensure that you stay with them when they are fixing it. I was not allowed to and I wish I had insisted then.
sara.ramli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 15:58   #9079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Mine is Diesel. And, yes 9600 is steep that is why I am thinking twice before buying it. From my experience with Ford, the things which break are usually the ones which as per them are not included in warranty, or that is what they say! That's why I wanted it in written from them what is included and what is not. But, they are non-committal in providing that information to me in written.

In the 4th year it is just the Engine and the electricals which are included(even that I am not sure, what is included and what is not in the electricals).
9600 is steep, but that is the standard fare for a 4th yr EW from Ford across the country for the Figo.

Even I got the same answer (Electrical & Mechanical) when I enquired about the parts covered.As Nishant has stated, I guess 4th yr EW is the same as 1st, 2nd & 3rd yr warranty.

Its been a year since I got my Figo & I did not have to get any part replaced till now, nor there is any issue (touchwood).

If you are in a dilemma whether it will be useful or not, well its a matter of luck. But it will definitely give you peace of mind.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 02:06   #9080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
9600 is steep, but that is the standard fare for a 4th yr EW from Ford across the country for the Figo.

Even I got the same answer (Electrical & Mechanical) when I enquired about the parts covered.As Nishant has stated, I guess 4th yr EW is the same as 1st, 2nd & 3rd yr warranty.

Its been a year since I got my Figo & I did not have to get any part replaced till now, nor there is any issue (touchwood).

If you are in a dilemma whether it will be useful or not, well its a matter of luck. But it will definitely give you peace of mind.
Couple of months back, Cauvery Ford in Bangalore had a sale kind of thing going on where they offered the 4th year warranty for 3k odd bucks. Now it is back to 9600.
Incidentally, I also received an email from Ford saying that the 4th year warranty will soon be discontinued. I checked this Cauvery Ford and they confirmed that the 4th year warranty will be given only till March end. Not sure what will happen after that.
Old 20th February 2014, 12:06   #9081
BHPian

Earlier few dealership told it will be closed by Dec 2013, some now says Mar 2014.
Why they were closing it?? It should be open for customers whoever who wants to extend their warranty period for 4th year
Old 20th February 2014, 15:25   #9082
BHPian

I noticed an oil spot on the floor where my car is always parked. It was just below the front right corner. Upon inspection, I found that a sticky yellowish oil has been leaking around the AC compressor and it was splashed all around the place. Some oil was resting on the mount where two pipes enter the compressor. There are too many pipes around that area. Somehow I wiped the oil with cloth and after an hour I could see some oil coming out around of the allen bolts (there are total 4 of them) which hold the piece of metal where the refrigerant enters and leaves. What could be the oil? Is it some sort of lubricant for the compressor or the refrigerant itself (I doubt because the leakage is of oily substance). The oil is not something similar to the coolant/brake oil or power steering oil. Also the oil was lying on the back cover of the radiator, which means it must have been splashed.

What could be the possible reason? Could it be cracked allen bolts? Leaving for workshop on monday. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wp_20140220_001.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wp_20140220_002.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-wp_20140220_003-1.jpg
Old 21st February 2014, 19:46   #9083
BHPian

Folks any idea on the price of the bulb for High mounted stop lamp in Figo?? i was told Rs 600 and was really shocked to hear this from the SA of Lathangi ford, Bangalore. i am sure it would not be so expensive considering it is just a bulb and not the entire assembly.
Old 22nd February 2014, 10:25   #9084
Senior - BHPian

Any subscribers of the Scheduled Maintenance Plan?

http://www.india.ford.com/services#o...=1248947572552

Dealer called me up and said it would cost around Rs. 8.2K, for the next 3 services. 40, 50 and 60K. The website mentions Air Filter, Brake and Clutch fluids .. these 3 the dealer was not aware of !!!

But considering 1000rs service charge for labour each time, plus oil change etc charges, 8.2K sounds decent, doesn't it?
Old 22nd February 2014, 11:56   #9085
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
Folks any idea on the price of the bulb for High mounted stop lamp in Figo?? i was told Rs 600 and was really shocked to hear this from the SA of Lathangi ford, Bangalore.
I have no idea how much the HMSL bulb costs, but 600 rupees is just way too much for a bulb (even with labour charges and tax). If the unit is an LED one, then it may be the case, but certainly not for a normal bulb.

My suggestion is a little D-I-Y if you have the time and a couple of simple tools. The owner's manual will usually show the procedure to remove the unit and replace the bulb.

You can take out the bulb, go to a Bosch parts dealer/Bosch Car Care centre and buy one of the same specification for some tens of rupees (it should cost less than Rs. 50 for sure). You can try any spare parts store, but they will have local makes which are usually of poor quality and won't last long. Genuine Bosch, Philips, Osram or other quality makes wouldn't cost much and last very long.
Old 22nd February 2014, 12:23   #9086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post

What could be the possible reason? Any pointers would be highly appreciated.
Your a/c refrigerant oil is leeking through the compressor, it could be the compressor seal itself or as simple as pipe joint being loose, worn out o ring. Get it checked by a competent a/c mechanic(would be cheaper than ford service center). In between, do not run the a/c as the compressor might get seized due to less oil. Also make sure its not the power steering oil as PS hose also passes by the compressor, do check the oil level. Going by the colour you mentioned and pictures, its highly likely to be a/c compressor oil.

Last edited by EFF-EIGHT-BEE : 22nd February 2014 at 12:25.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 12:32   #9087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Any subscribers of the Scheduled Maintenance Plan?

http://www.india.ford.com/services#o...=1248947572552

Dealer called me up and said it would cost around Rs. 8.2K, for the next 3 services. 40, 50 and 60K. The website mentions Air Filter, Brake and Clutch fluids .. these 3 the dealer was not aware of !!!

But considering 1000rs service charge for labour each time, plus oil change etc charges, 8.2K sounds decent, doesn't it?
I believe its a good bargain for 8.2K. 50% discount on labor charges is also included in the plan (SA told me during my 20K service).

Considering there is no charge for oil change, air filter, brake & clutch fluid its definitely smart to go for it. Also you may avail the maintenance plan at the time of service as well.

I will be subscribing for the plan during the 30K service (unless one of us TBHpian convinces me otherwise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
Folks any idea on the price of the bulb for High mounted stop lamp in Figo?? i was told Rs 600 and was really shocked to hear this from the SA of Lathangi ford, Bangalore. i am sure it would not be so expensive considering it is just a bulb and not the entire assembly.
600 is way to expensive, as RSR has stated go for a good bulb (Osram, Philips) & a little DIY should get the job done. You should take a look at the ownership threads for the DIY. Below thread should get your started, additionally if you wish to add the extra bulb in the empty slot as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...i-shocker.html

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 22nd February 2014 at 12:41.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2014, 18:03   #9088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post

Finally took it to the service center this weekend and the SA acknowledged the unusual noise after a road test. It just took him a few minutes time to identify and fix the issue. To my horror, he mentioned that the pipe that carries the filtered air to the engine was loose and he fixed it.

the SA coyly acknowledged that while putting back things after the change, this duct might not have been fitted properly.

I'll try and post a picture of the duct that he mentioned was loose
The yellow arrow in the first picture shows the joint that was found loose and fixed. It still is not 100% tight and for now have used a couple of wire organizers to hold it tight in its place.

Quote:
I am still facing an issue with the engine power lacking once the tacho crosses 1500 rpm.
I took the car back to the service center yesterday for the lack of engine power and the resonating boom noise (@1500-1600 rpm). They failed to acknowledge the problem after doing a road test. While the SA almost bumped into a few vehicles and pedestrians, in the name of demonstrating that all is well with the vehicle's power, during the road test is a different story

I couldn't put myself to rest though and got down to check if I could myself find something amiss through a visual inspection. To my horror, found a hole in the air intake pipe in the spot indicated by the red arrow in the first picture. The hole is big enough to be felt by probing the underside of the duct with your finger.

While a hole there does not seem to be logically 'by design' to me, still wanted to take you fellow Figopians' help to confirm this. Can any one of you who has a few minutes to spare, confirm that you don't find (by probing) anything of this sort in your vehicle, please? Appreciate your help

The arrow in the second picture shows where you would need to put your hand in, so that you can reach the spot that I am referring to. Please note that the duct that I am referring to is not visible in this picture.
Attached Images

sara.ramli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 10:34   #9089
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't put myself to rest though and got down to check if I could myself find something amiss through a visual inspection. To my horror, found a hole in the air intake pipe in the spot indicated by the red arrow in the first picture. The hole is big enough to be felt by probing the underside of the duct with your finger.

While a hole there does not seem to be logically 'by design' to me, still wanted to take you fellow Figopians' help to confirm this. Can any one of you who has a few minutes to spare, confirm that you don't find (by probing) anything of this sort in your vehicle, please? Appreciate your help

The arrow in the second picture shows where you would need to put your hand in, so that you can reach the spot that I am referring to. Please note that the duct that I am referring to is not visible in this picture.

Hi I have checked the same, there is no hole in the location you showed. So I guess the hole in the air intake pipe will be the cause for the engine power lacking.

Last edited by AshwinThekkan : 24th February 2014 at 10:47.
AshwinThekkan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 10:51   #9090
Senior - BHPian

Ford Service here in trivandrum has been on the downslide based on my last two service experiences. Not sure if its the EcoSport Effect!! Will soon post details on my ownership thread. Sad to hear many of us are forced into multiple visits every time the car goes for a service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks