Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 12:47   #8356
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I'll be collecting my car this evening .

After all the fighting on the handling charges, they refused to budge on this. Their stand was that the dealer is billed half of the supplier discount plus they are giving me free parking sensors and they cannot reduce handling charges. I checked the same with my Ford contact as well, but the dealer didn't budge !

Anyway, the OTR is 6.9L with '0' dep. insurance, RSA & 3rd year extended warranty. I'm getting mixed opinions on the Kinetic Blue, but honestly Ford colour options are pretty boring if you ask me !

Has anyone smoked the new Figo headlamps ? I don't like them and am looking at getting it smoked.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 5th July 2013 at 12:51.
Old 5th July 2013, 13:05   #8357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

After all the fighting on the handling charges, they refused to budge on this. Their stand was that the dealer is billed half of the supplier discount plus they are giving me free parking sensors and they cannot reduce handling charges. I checked the same with my Ford contact as well, but the dealer didn't budge !

Anyway, the OTR is 6.9L with '0' dep. insurance, RSA & 3rd year extended warranty. I'm getting mixed opinions on the Kinetic Blue, but honestly Ford colour options are pretty boring if you ask me !

Has anyone smoked the new Figo headlamps ? I don't like them and am looking at getting it smoked.
Same pinch

Even I am getting my Figo this evening, blue looks awesome if you ask me. Even if I wanted blue, but my mom didn't agreed. I'll post the pics once she is here. Can't wait for clock to strike 5 now.
Old 5th July 2013, 13:15   #8358
BHPian

Quote:

... I'm getting mixed opinions on the Kinetic Blue, but honestly Ford colour options are pretty boring if you ask me !

Congratulations!!. and Happy miles on the new ride!.

You can see this wonderfull thread by Karthikk on Smoking the headlamp and tail lamp as DIY
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ail-lamps.html

I do agree the new headlamp design on Figo is quiet odd. It stands out of the car, may be you can try smoking out with lighter tint.

Yes very minimal color options in Figo :(

See the crappy MS paint way of smoking the head lamp, you can get a fair idea though.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-fordfigoeditedtosmokehl.jpg  

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 5th July 2013 at 13:20.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 14:03   #8359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Same pinch

Even I am getting my Figo this evening, blue looks awesome if you ask me. Even if I wanted blue, but my mom didn't agreed. I'll post the pics once she is here. Can't wait for clock to strike 5 now.
Same pinch indeed !! Wish you a great ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Congratulations!!. and Happy miles on the new ride!.

You can see this wonderfull thread by Karthikk on Smoking the headlamp and tail lamp as DIY
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ail-lamps.html

I do agree the new headlamp design on Figo is quiet odd. It stands out of the car, may be you can try smoking out with lighter tint.

Yes very minimal color options in Figo :(

See the crappy MS paint way of smoking the head lamp, you can get a fair idea though.
Thanks for that Drive_Addict. My DIY skills are nothing to talk about

I've seen Hemanth Anand's Punto thread where the smoking has been done very nicely. I shall probably go to the same guy in Bangalore.

It's time I join the Chennai t-bhp meet thread and catch up with you guys. Let me go find it
Old 5th July 2013, 14:19   #8360
BHPian

Quote:
Check this mod http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3169549
gr8guzzler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 23:44   #8361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel
Another peculiar thing is that the vibrations can sometimes be felt through the clutch pedal.
The Balance/Centre Rod (I don't remember Correct word) might have taken a hit while going over Coconut shell bag. The bent rod might be fouling with the clutch release mechanism (this happened to our Indigo twice) and hence you would be feeling vibrations. Get the Rod checked and straightened (if bent).
Also when leaving clutch, do you feel somewhat jerk at the clutch pedal? If yes, please check the Rod checked.
IndigoXLGrandDi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 11:42   #8362
BHPian

Went to the sc the other day to get this noise checked. Finally, i was able to zero in on the culprit. It was the brake shoes which seem to be fouling intermittently and a howling noise on speed was found to be from my apollo tyres! But the sa said that its better to leave it as such now and in case it becomes slightly more audbile, they will look into it. pfff...
Old 9th July 2013, 11:50   #8363

Please help me out with this, got a quote for figo titanium tdci at 6.5lakhs otr kerala. Insurance, 3yr warranty, rear parking sensors and floor mats included. Should i close the deal or push 'em for more?
Old 9th July 2013, 12:03   #8364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Went to the sc the other day to get this noise checked. Finally, i was able to zero in on the culprit. It was the brake shoes which seem to be fouling intermittently and a howling noise on speed was found to be from my apollo tyres! But the sa said that its better to leave it as such now and in case it becomes slightly more audbile, they will look into it. pfff...
I think its not a fair idea to leave brake shoes fouling. You better insist on fixing the brake shoe issue. Otherwise you will loose your mileage.

Howling noise if it is from Tyres can be fixed by wheel balancing / rotation, thats what i heard from Chennai Ford SA, when i went for checking humming/howling noise. but in my case it was identified as Wheel bearing issue and replaced on warranty.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 9th July 2013 at 12:04.
Old 9th July 2013, 14:05   #8365
Senior - BHPian

Got my Figo on saturday evening, so far completed some 550 kms, still 1/4th approx tank of diesel is left. DTE is 170 kms. Am quite happy with the outcome, as the car hasn't even completed the run in.

I am restricting my self to 2.5k rpm with occasional burst to 3k. The car is awesome, haven't seen this kind on handling and grip in any car so far. Will post ownership review, once she completes 1000 kms.
Old 10th July 2013, 00:30   #8366
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Figo on saturday evening.
Congratulations ! Is this 1.4 tdci or 1.2 duratech ? What all freebies were offered ?
Keeping car around 2.5K for 2-3k kms & not reving the car is good for ling term F.E. of the car.
Please do post pics.
Old 10th July 2013, 10:06   #8367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post

Congratulations ! Is this 1.4 tdci or 1.2 duratech ? What all freebies were offered ?
Keeping car around 2.5K for 2-3k kms & not reving the car is good for ling term F.E. of the car.
Please do post pics.
Its 1.4 tdci, I got the mudflaps and mats, as freebies. Rest, I took discount in form of cash. The OTR price of zxi diesel is 6.20 here with 0 dep insurance but without extended warranty. I got it for 5.70. So, I guess I got a good deal

Sure, i'll post pics, the damn mobile app is not able to upload them. I'll post once am on my pc.
Old 10th July 2013, 10:17   #8368
BHPian

Quote:
Its 1.4 tdci, I got the mudflaps and mats, as freebies. Rest, I took discount in form of cash. The OTR price of zxi diesel is 6.20 here with 0 dep insurance but without extended warranty. I got it for 5.70. So, I guess I got a good deal

Sure, i'll post pics, the damn mobile app is not able to upload them. I'll post once am on my pc.
Congrats on getting one of India's best handling hatches . I love the way she grips through corners like a scared kitten on jeans. The acceleration could have been better but she has only 68 horses so all is not lost .
Old 10th July 2013, 10:21   #8369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my Figo on saturday evening, so far completed some 550 kms, still 1/4th approx tank of diesel is left. DTE is 170 kms. Am quite happy with the outcome, as the car hasn't even completed the run in.

I am restricting my self to 2.5k rpm with occasional burst to 3k. The car is awesome, haven't seen this kind on handling and grip in any car so far. Will post ownership review, once she completes 1000 kms.
The dealer could not keep his commitment for Friday or was there some other delay ?

I got mine on Friday evening, went to 3M the next day and there was a small incident there ! It was very professionally handled by 3M and all is fine now. I haven't really got a chance to stretch her legs. Have done about 300km and all in the city and am following the same for the run-in (not revving beyond 2.5k with the occasional 3K).

Will start my ownership review soon. A pic for now after the 3M paint sealant & polishing.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20130706_194401_612.jpg

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 10th July 2013 at 10:23.
Old 10th July 2013, 10:26   #8370
BHPian

@Tarun & Sameer: Ownership review pending, you two. Better get to work on it . I love to hear other's opinion on this car because fortunately or unfortunately, this is the only car that has appealed to me so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks