Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 00:21   #9511
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

While it is nice that the car remembers that it was given instructions to get locked, there is a potential problem if one forgets the key back in the car.
AFAIK, most cars of the current make have all 6 doors linked together so if any of them is open, the car doesn't lock itself. It gives a warning buzzer and waits for the door to be closed. Once all are closed, we need to press the key for it to lock.

May be Ford has programed / asked the manufacturer to program it in such a way to lock it instantly the moment doors get closed.

Nice feature but risky.

Anurag.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:02   #9512
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
This is how you can get locked out of your car:

While it is nice that the car remembers that it was given instructions to get locked, there is a potential problem if one forgets the key back in the car.
Why would you leave your car keys in the boot and that too when you have given it the instruction to lock

I actually have tried it -while sitting in the car - never out of it.

BTW I like the programmable key on the Fords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Nice feature but risky.
A bit risky, but then you do have an extra key right?

Has anyone tried to change the viper blades at the rear? To me they are simply not good enough.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:55   #9513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

Has anyone tried to change the viper blades at the rear? To me they are simply not good enough.
Installed a 12 inch snapdeal chinese one. Works fine, but the wipe in the top part just leaves some space unwiped(the extra length of the wiper may be). But covers all part of the earlier wipers range.
Sedate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 16:05   #9514
Senior - BHPian

Done with the 5th service at 34k Kms.
Was expecting a huge bill since I was guessing few parts had to be replaced. The rear strut was leaking, but wasn't bad and they said it can be used, bearing which I had told them about few months ago about and was advised to be replaced all of a sudden was fine and had some more life.
Again, they came back the discs being worn and needs to be replaced soon. Gave them my explanation about how the braking is still good and there is no sound on braking either and to replace the pads if required. Anyway neither was replaced.
Normal service was done with brake/clutch fluid replacement and AC cowl filter replacement.
Total amount was 3.6k
Old 6th September 2014, 00:38   #9515
Senior - BHPian

My Titanium TDCi, run 56k kms in a bit less than 2 years, left me stranded on the road today.

Heard a loud rattle in the engine bay which sounded like the belt. Stopped the car and shut off the engine immediately.

Called Road Side Assistance. Flatbed arrived in 45 minutes (I was in the heart of the city).

Visual Diagnosis: A badly serrated belt. Parts of material breaking off.

Potential costs of repair. 8-10k !! Apparently belt warranty is for 2 years or 40k kms. Extended warranty, which I have, will just cover some pulleys etc.

Has anyone had any belt failure or replacement?
Old 6th September 2014, 13:37   #9516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
My Titanium TDCi, run 56k kms in a bit less than 2 years, left me stranded on the road today.

Did you have any whining sound earlier to this?
I have a whining sound at startup, was told that a belt needs replacement and costs would be around 8000. Have deferred it for now.
Old 6th September 2014, 13:55   #9517
BHPian

Quote:
My Titanium TDCi, run 56k kms in a bit less than 2 years, left me stranded on the road

Potential costs of repair. 8-10k !! Apparently belt warranty is for 2 years or 40k kms. Extended warranty, which I have, will just cover some pulleys etc.

HI
Seems to be a common reliability issue with Tdci figo's.I had my belt changed twice during the 93k run.first was at 13k,then 72k on odo. 13k replacement was under warranty Printed price-750rs(Made in india)
At 72k damper pulley was changed along with belt.
Damper pulley- 4433rs,Belt-1500rs (Made in taiwan)

During the 93k run,I had 2 instances of break down.First was belt,then the gear cable bush.So as a part of preventive maintenance it's better to change once you cross 50k on odo.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn3325.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dscn3349.jpg  

Old 6th September 2014, 18:00   #9518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Did you have any whining sound earlier to this?
I have a whining sound at startup, was told that a belt needs replacement and costs would be around 8000. Have deferred it for now.
Exactly. There was a whining sound that was in sync with the revvs. For about the last 2k kms.

I would suggest not deferring it. The belt might fail suddenly and damage other parts too. Get it changed asap. How many kms has your car run?

I'll get my car back tomorrow. Total damages will be around 8.5k ish. The belt, 2 pulleys and some pulley bolts needed to be replaced.
Old 6th September 2014, 21:15   #9519
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly. There was a whining sound that was in sync with the revvs. For about the last 2k kms.

I would suggest not deferring it. The belt might fail suddenly and damage other parts too. Get it changed asap. How many kms has your car run?

I'll get my car back tomorrow. Total damages will be around 8.5k ish. The belt, 2 pulleys and some pulley bolts needed to be replaced.
Do you have a breakup of the charges? I had my tensioner pulley replaced as well recently. There were some discrepancies on its price quoted by FASS. The initial quote for the kit was for 5k when I was supposed to be paying out of my pocket. After Ford agreed to cover it under warranty, the invoice just said 1.5k for it. Please ensure that you are not being fleeced. Can share a copy of my invoice if that would help.
Old 6th September 2014, 22:49   #9520
Senior - BHPian

I'll get the invoice tomorrow when I go to pick up the car. I did take a quick look at the components today. From what I can recall
- Belt around 1600
- Pulley number one around 1600
- Pulley number two around 3800
- 3 pulley bolts around 500 each possibly.

The 3rd 'dumper' pulley (crankshaft pulley I believe) was not changed.

So it seems 50k kms is the trigger to change the belt. I'll also get the great shift bush changed in Oct during scheduled service.
Old 7th September 2014, 08:18   #9521
BHPian

Quote:
Visual Diagnosis: A badly serrated belt. Parts of material breaking off.
Which belt is this? Is it just called engine belt or has some specific name? Could you please post the screenshot of bill?
Old 7th September 2014, 12:12   #9522
BHPian

Quote:
The car has run 64000 kms.

The comments of the SA given in the report are as follows:
Accesory Belt, Idler and Tensioner Pulley, Drive Shaft Belt RH, Gear Box Beading to be replaced (Customer not approved) Next service due at 74000
Old 7th September 2014, 16:20   #9523
Senior - BHPian

Attaching images of the billed parts and labour along with the parts that were changed.

The bill for the belt issue is around 6.7K. There's an additional cost of replacing the bonnet release mechanism.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20140907_144837.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20140907_150611.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20140907_150632.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20140907_150524.jpg

2 of the images are getting automatically rotated on uploading.

PS: I am unable to attach images via the android phone app. Getting an error message saying the user does not have necessary permission for this activity. Any idea how to fix it?
Old 7th September 2014, 17:03   #9524
BANNED

Quote:
I am unable to attach images via the android phone app. Getting an error message saying the user does not have necessary permission for this activity. Any idea how to fix it?
Is the App the newer version or the older one?

Why not try and upload using chrome browser from your mobile by logging in the usual way?

Anurag.
Old 9th September 2014, 22:23   #9525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The bill for the belt issue is around 6.7K. There's an additional cost of replacing the bonnet release mechanism.
The image is not clear at all. Unable to see the breakup of amounts and parts changed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks