Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:24   #9571
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Some lowlifes have badly scratched my car in the parking lot. The scratches are over a foot in length and paint has chipped off at some places. Total 2 gashes and some scratches on the doors.Never had a scratched car!
First things first - Such low and miserable souls should be taught a very hard lesson. They cannot be auto lovers at all and at times I really wonder how they can even think of doing this!

I have 2 such scratches on the right door of my Figo and I am still contemplating on the next steps. Going to the service guys will be a rip off and claiming insurance is not worth it. I am told there is a guy on Hosur road, I guess Begur who does these kind of jobs for a real good price with quality work. I think a few members of this forum have gone there and there is a thread on that.

Finally if I ever lay hands on such urchins, they will think 100 times before touching another car
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:34   #9572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A. Go to the FASS. I believe they will repaint the whole part instead of doing touchups (Is that so?). Which means repaint on 2 doors and the boot. Doesn't sound financially viable.

B. Go to FNG and get some touchups done. My concern is with the quality of paint. Would these guys have the exact colorado red shade with them. I asked around and they said, 'red is red only'. Even if its a different shade of red at a few places, would it look the same some polishing ?

Apologies for the noob questions. Never had a scratched car!
I would not take the risk with red colour by going to FNG. Decolouring of red looks really awful. I will advise ASS.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:44   #9573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which option to go for.
A. Go to the FASS.
B. Go to FNG and get some touchups done.
Skip FASS - they'll repaint the entire panel at significant cost, which in most cases isn't worth it.

Check the TBHP directory for recommended FNGs (e.g. this one) - they are usually very good at colour matching. FNG pricing is often significantly cheaper than FASS, and they often take the minimalistic approach to repair (as opposed to any A.S.S. which does replace/full repaint).
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:49   #9574
BHPian

Quote:
Some lowlifes have badly scratched my car in the parking lot. The scratches are over a foot in length and paint has chipped off at some places
A. Go to the FASS. I believe they will repaint the whole part instead of doing touchups (Is that so?).

B. Go to FNG and get some touchups done.
Sad to know that happening. I have kids playing near my parking and they seem to love putting their cycles beside my car. Saw this yesterday and now I know why I am seeing minor dents and scratches on the rear quarter panel. They are still not significant enough to get it repaired though. And you cannot say much to kids

The Bodyshop will paint the entire door - that is the best option. Touch-ups are simply not good enough. If the bill is significant - why not claim insurance?

Bills typically run into 3k per panel in Ford - so 2 doors - 6k, boot - I am not so sure. Should not be more than that. Even if you go out - ask them to repaint the entire panel. They might work out slightly cheaper but I always have doubt over their work.

@Arun: Even the reputed FNGs will tell you the same thing. They would recommend you to paint the entire panel, it's upto you to get a touch-up done though, while Ford almost would never do a touch up until it is very minor. And FNGs really do not work out to be not significantly cheap. I have had work done at Trend Auto in Bangalore and the prices are about 10% low than Ford. And with Ford - I know they will do a good job, specially with a metallic paint.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 22nd September 2014 at 14:56.
pratyush6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:08   #9575
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
First things first - Such low and miserable souls should be taught a very hard lesson.
---
Finally if I ever lay hands on such urchins, they will think 100 times before touching another car
Your sentiment is same as mine. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I would not take the risk with red colour by going to FNG. Decolouring of red looks really awful. I will advise ASS.
Noted, thanks. Saw some rave reviews for Raja Paints as pointed out. Will give it a try first to see the estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Skip FASS - they'll repaint the entire panel at significant cost, which in most cases isn't worth it.
That was my concern too. Really appreciate the pointer to Raja paints. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
And you cannot say much to kids

Bills typically run into 3k per panel in Ford - so 2 doors - 6k, boot - I am not so sure. Should not be more than that. Even if you go out - ask them to repaint the entire panel. They might work out slightly cheaper but I always have doubt over their work.

I have had work done at Trend Auto in Bangalore and the prices are about 10% low than Ford. And with Ford - I know they will do a good job, specially with a metallic paint.
Yep! Some kids playing around too. The guard told me that once he had asked the kids to stay away from cars. The parents came and roughed up the guard (Its Gurgaon )
I guess I will first check out Raja Paints for their estimate. If a repaint is what they also recommend, FASS it is then. Will do the cost benefit on insurance claim.
Old 22nd September 2014, 23:09   #9576
BHPian

Hi,
updates of my figo tdci 90k service.Bill came around 5600.This time heater element was not changed along with fuel filter assy.Last 30&60k service both were changed together.So saving of 1000 on service..
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20140922_222443.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20140922_222536.jpg  

Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 23:22   #9577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
updates of my figo tdci 90k service.Bill came around 5600.
Tip: next time, change the wiper blades yourself, generally before the next monsoon. Save yourself ~100 labour. Also, this gives you the flexibility to put in better wipers (like the Bosch Aerotwin or Hella DynaEdge).

Apart from that, its gratifying to see low maintenance/labour costs even on such high mileage diesels - Ford really have turned a page.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:38   #9578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The ford asc filled some green stuff in the 1.4 tdci engine.

I presume this is the castrol magnatec ?

tdci engine users, any opinion about the color? The engine seems happy with this lubricant.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:07   #9579
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Got a problem with the Figo I drive. Just got done with the 20k service. When I try and fill diesel, the auto cut off, cuts in within a minute and doesn't allow the nozzle to pump fuel in any more. So We have to over ride the cut off, and manually force feed fuel. Takes an awfully long time to do 45 litres.

This problem cropped up immediately AFTER the scheduled service. I want to know what could have caused this? Could fuel pilferage in some way have caused this?

I have topped up the tank twice over to rule out air lock issues. Would appreciate some feedback.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:17   #9580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Guys,

When I try and fill diesel, the auto cut off, cuts in within a minute and doesn't allow the nozzle to pump fuel in any more. So We have to over ride the cut off, and manually force feed fuel. Takes an awfully long time to do 45 litres.
Is this issue only with one particular pump ?

Maybe you can try another outlet to verify if the issue is with that particular vending machine.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:53   #9581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Is this issue only with one particular pump ?

Maybe you can try another outlet to verify if the issue is with that particular vending machine.
Other cars at the same pump don't have this issue. Just mine. And dead after the service. Not very inspiring.
Old 25th September 2014, 13:19   #9582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Other cars at the same pump don't have this issue. Just mine. And dead after the service. Not very inspiring.
The best option is to try another pump.

Iam just speculating, another look at the issue is the pipe that runs to the tank could be bent, because its usually the fuel air bubbles/foam that reached the pump which cuts off the fuel. If the tube is bent the foam would build up from there even though the fuel actually goes to the tank.
Old 29th September 2014, 17:23   #9583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some lowlifes have badly scratched my car in the parking lot. The scratches are over a foot in length and paint has chipped off at some places. Total 2 gashes and some scratches on the doors.
My question -> Which option to go for.

A. Go to the FASS. I believe they will repaint the whole part instead of doing touchups (Is that so?). Which means repaint on 2 doors and the boot. Doesn't sound financially viable.

B. Go to FNG and get some touchups done. My concern is with the quality of paint. Would these guys have the exact colorado red shade with them. I asked around and they said, 'red is red only'. Even if its a different shade of red at a few places, would it look the same some polishing ?

Apologies for the noob questions. Never had a scratched car!
Doesn't matter where you go, the only way to get good finish is by painting the entire panels. I believe red would be a solid color. Patches will become even more obvious with solid color. Be ready to still have 5% difference in shade even with Ford A.S.S. I have seen it happen twice with my car which is white.
Old 29th September 2014, 20:37   #9584
BHPian

Hey guys, our Figo's 1st year insurance is expiring and the Rolay Sundram guys are quoting RS 18k(zero dep) with 5.01lakh IDV. Is this fair? looks like a bit on higher side on me.
Old 1st October 2014, 15:13   #9585
BHPian

I am facing new small problem with my TDCi Titanium Figo. The passenger airbag cover has become very slightly loose and there are rattles because of that on bumpy roads/a particular engine RPM. I can see that the cover slides horizontally about 1 mm and the rattle stops if I simply touch the cover with hands.

Any recommendations on how to address this? Not sure what approach will FASS take. It obviously doesn't make sense to open up the dashboard to fix it. What could be an effective DIY fix (e.g. putting a small rubber padding in the cover gap) WITHOUT affecting/hindering airbag's basic operation?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks