Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 14:55   #2071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
There was a tax waiver for cars with less than 4000mm length. Probably the reason. Nice color BTW.
True, but Figo is more than 100mm less than this. So, could have been provided with a heftier bumper without going over the 4000mm limit
Old 19th April 2010, 14:55   #2072
BHPian

Thanks guys for the a/c related tips. I do let fresh air in initially for a couple of mins by lowering the windows, while the a/c runs at the same time. Will follow the tip for keeping the blower only on at start.

BTW, seems everyone missed my first part of the question which was:

Is it going to be a problem if I keep the engine idling and run the a/c, say for some 30 mins or so? Apart from FE related issues, will there be any problem related to engine/battery life?

Particulalrly in Fiesta/Figo where Ford claims to have 150cc compressor, highest compared to others!
Old 19th April 2010, 15:05   #2073
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Is it going to be a problem if I keep the engine idling and run the a/c, say for some 30 mins or so? Apart from FE related issues, will there be any problem related to engine/battery life?
There will be no problem, but why do you want the ac to be switched on for 30 mins?

Is it because you are going to leave the car with a family member inside it?

Anyways, It is absolutely fine, No issues at all.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:12   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
There will be no problem, but why do you want the ac to be switched on for 30 mins?

Is it because you are going to leave the car with a family member inside it?

Anyways, It is absolutely fine, No issues at all.
Nope..it is more like when I have to sit inside, waiting for my wife to finish her grocery shopping.

Anyway, seems like someone got an idea about starting a new thread which promptly got closed http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...idling-ac.html since there is already a thread regarding this here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ditioning.html
Old 19th April 2010, 15:35   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Nope..it is more like when I have to sit inside, waiting for my wife to finish her grocery shopping.
Well, in my case I would accompany my wife inside and try to save money at both ends .
Old 19th April 2010, 15:57   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
Well, in my case I would accompany my wife inside and try to save money at both ends .
That gets my vote as the best tip

But what if I need to use my laptop for some extended period, when parked in a shopping mall or at a client's place or on the highway or simply at an outing!

Let's continue the discussion in the dedicated thread as given in the link in my earlier post.
Old 19th April 2010, 17:25   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A question on a/c running:

In addition to the above, I have a habit of switching on the a/c as soon as the ignition is on. Does that have an effect on the engine/battery life?
No issues at all if you keep idling with AC on. I do this all the time. And yes, like you it is mostly when my wife's shopping.

I start the AC after the temp needle touches 80 degrees. I usually idle till then or dont cross 2K RPM before that. Blower is usually on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Looks like TN is a Ford land. I counted inumerous Figos and Fiestas on TN highways on my trip to Kerala.May be next only to Innovas.
Yes, there are more Fords than Hondas in Chennai and in TN in general. At least that's my perception.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes TN has more Ford and Hyundai cars as they are manufactured here as I saw more maruti's in Delhi
I have always felt that TN people feel Ford and Hyundai to be more VFM than Honda and Maruti respectively. I think the trend is opposite in places like Delhi. There are countless Hondas there. I am thinking the Polo will do well in the north and the Figo will do well in the south.

I passed by MPL Nandanam earlier this afternoon and i saw at least 7 or 8 Figos sitting there for delivery. The place looked jam packed. Spotted a lonely looking Fiesta and an Endeavour as well.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th April 2010 at 17:28.
Old 19th April 2010, 17:57   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
I agree on the thread split. Though it was the practical thing to do, somehow my interest fizzled out. This thread is now without the "masala". Yeah - mkerala's case is a strange one. Wonder what he did.
mkerala must have dashed off a stinker (with all the expletives) to Ford over the delay of his Squeeze and may inadvertently have posted it to GTO instead. I really enjoyed the earlier Ford Figo : Test Drive & Review thread, until the thread was split.
Old 19th April 2010, 17:59   #2079
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<<I passed by MPL Nandanam earlier this afternoon and i saw at least 7 or 8 Figos sitting there for delivery. The place looked jam packed. Spotted a lonely looking Fiesta and an Endeavour as well>>>

Yes. Weekend was also crowded there. Heard that they have so far booked 500 nos of Figo including their Taramani Dealership.

Last edited by RGK : 19th April 2010 at 18:15.
Old 19th April 2010, 18:08   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
mkerala must have dashed off a stinker (with all the expletives) to Ford over the delay of his Squeeze and may inadvertently have posted it to GTO instead. I really enjoyed the earlier Ford Figo : Test Drive & Review thread, until the thread was split.
Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Ever since this thread was split up by the moderators, I lost some interest in this thread
Quote:
I agree on the thread split. Though it was the practical thing to do, somehow my interest fizzled out. This thread is now without the "masala".
Yeah - mkerala's case is a strange one. Wonder what he did.
Don't worry guys! It just needs getting used to! We Fiestians have gone thru the emotional turmoil already when our beloved thread "All Fiesta Owners - you are here" was closed. All Fiestians were left scattering all around

Maybe time one among the dozens of Figo owners can start a thread like "All Figo owners - you are here, there, everywhere!"
Old 19th April 2010, 20:24   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry guys! It just needs getting used to! We Fiestians have gone thru the emotional turmoil already when our beloved thread "All Fiesta Owners - you are here" was closed. All Fiestians were left scattering all around

Maybe time one among the dozens of Figo owners can start a thread like "All Figo owners - you are here, there, everywhere!"

+1 to All FIGO Owners thread, it is really difficult to track all the scattered Figo threads now, moderators please simplify, in the interest of readability & traceability of information.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:28   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
+1 to All FIGO Owners thread, it is really difficult to track all the scattered Figo threads now, moderators please simplify, in the interest of readability & traceability of information.

I agree and the request the following dedicated threads

1. Figo ownership
2. Figo accessories
3. Figo problems
4. Figo advantages

This way people can just visit the respective threads for more information.
Old 19th April 2010, 23:02   #2083
Senior - BHPian

I've started to "feel the difference" from ford. The dealers have made me pay for a 4th year extended warranty that does not exist!!! I pay for an "essential pack" but ford does not give me some of the "essentials" while some "essentials" break off in two weeks of use!!! The accessories price varies from time to time and from place to place!!! "I DO FEEL THE DIFFERENCE"

More on my ownership thread in the initial ownership section.
Old 20th April 2010, 02:10   #2084
BHPian

Tdci & Ice

Given the overwhelming response and frequent sightings of Figo TDCi the power-hatch seems convincing enough.

Can anybody list out the special features of what really makes the engine so great?

I start off with:
  1. piezo-electric injectors
  2. absent turbo lag, how?
  3. longevity?
  4. RPM @ 100 kmph/120 kmph/140 kmph in 5th gear.
  5. and so on.

ICE Queries
  • So much for discovering the USB thing costing 1100, but does that fit in only the Titanium Variant HU?
  • I also need to know whether the Ford Figo OE ICE has a aux out at the rear for pre-amp out.
  • If not, will it be okay to feed a 4 channel amp from the speaker out?
  • Will the Subwoofer BASS be sounding good enough?
  • If one fits component speakers, does the OE Head Unit have adequate power to run them without an amp?
[I searched in the ICE thread but did not find it. So posted here.]
Old 20th April 2010, 12:07   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
I agree and the request the following dedicated threads

1. Figo ownership
2. Figo accessories
3. Figo problems
4. Figo advantages

This way people can just visit the respective threads for more information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
+1 to that. A comprehensive All Figo Owners or a limited number of specific threads may be a better way to look for infomation than umpteen individual threads that get lost (like mine did )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks