Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:21   #2116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Which mag?

Figo is tested and you can look up ratings for 2003 European Ford Fiesta. I think it was 4-star frontal.

& that european fiesta had the same safety features as a figo titanium.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:22   #2117
BHPian

This was ''The CAR '' magazine. They had done a comparo of all the petrol cars like swift/ritz/figo/beat/punto 1.2/i20/polo in that edition which have 1.2 engines.
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:23   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
there are clear sunfilms available that don't give any shade, and are perfectly legal. eg CR 70 by 3m costs 6k though. guess similar alternatives are available from other brands too
I was using sunfim for front windscreen as well for my Fusion. It does affect the visibility a little. (But very little) In Hyderabad especially it causes a main problem because nobody drives in "low Beam". But the comfort is awesome. Especially when you have v-Kool brand. In hot summer also you can drive with A/C blower at speed 2 and in the rear also you will feel the A/C without any issues.

I would recommend v-Kool.

I think it may improve the FE as well, because when your blower speed at 3 or 4 it takes more power from engine.(I don't know this statement is technically correct or not, but based on my experience I am stating it) For example with my Fiesta I am getting lesser mileage in Summber without v-kool and I never felt that with my Fusion.

The Visibility of v-kool is 77%

Last edited by anumod : 22nd April 2010 at 19:27. Reason: Forgot to mention the visibility of v-kool sun film
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:35   #2119
BANNED

I read this in DNA, It was a figo article. You know all about the Figo but i am picking one line from that text.

Quote:
Boneham says Figo has given the company economy of scale and Ford is already working on another small car.

Well this car is your new fiesta hatch! Like I said, Next year you will see this.
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:48   #2120
Senior - BHPian

Mustang, I read another Boneham interview today where he said that the second shift will start by end of June. So looks like demand is still robust. Any idea how many bookings as of now?
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:52   #2121
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Mustang, I read another Boneham interview today where he said that the second shift will start by end of June. So looks like demand is still robust. Any idea how many bookings as of now?

I dont have an idea, What i think is that you can see Overall ford figo bookings touching the 15000 mark by April 30th.

What I am hearing is that till date 12000-13000 bookings are confirmed.

PS - These figures are total ford figo bookings & also includes those that have been already delivered.
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:23   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
I would recommend v-Kool.

The Visibility of v-kool is 77%
+1 to that. I have V-Kool on my windscreen too along with side and rear.
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:55   #2123
BHPian

anyone else hearing a sound while braking, or is it the suspension springs noise, happens just when the vehicle stops after braking
Old 23rd April 2010, 08:11   #2124
BHPian

The Figo is safe, forget stupid CAR mags

[quote=Mpower;1850968]Which mag?

Figo is tested and you can look up ratings for 2003 European Ford Fiesta. I think it was 4-star frontal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
I picked up the Apr 2010 issue of CAR India as it had a shootout among all the B segment hatchbacks. Fine, whatever conclusion they reached, but there was one particular statement which got my goat.

It was regarding the Ford Figo: (on Page 69) "...This is an older design as well, and unlike the Polo and the i20, the Figo has not been optimized for the latest crash standards."

Now, the Figo being based on the 2002 Ford Fiesta, has achieved a EuroNCAP score of 4 stars, (Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Ford Fiesta) which isn't bad. The Swift, Ritz, Beat, Fabia all achieve 4 stars. And the the i20, Punto, and Polo achieve 5 stars (at least the tested in Europe versions do).

I feel CAR India, but that one statement, and not researching the fact that the Figo has been crash tested (in Fiesta hatch avatar), have made a sweeping statement which could potentially put off buyers. Just for the record, according to EuroNCAP, the A-Star (which had excellent export figures), has achieved only 3 stars. So the statement that a more recent, optimized for Europe car is safe, is utter balderdash.
The Figo is perfectly safe, at least compared to so many cars which have never been crash tested in India. BTW, the old Mitsubishi Lancer 1998 model (Old Lancer in India) is only 1 1/2 stars . Was shocked to see this: Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Mitsubishi Lancer

And the Hyundai Accent too achieves only 1 1/2 stars. Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Hyundai Accent
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:59   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
there are clear sunfilms available that don't give any shade, and are perfectly legal. eg CR 70 by 3m costs 6k though. guess similar alternatives are available from other brands too
If I spend 6k on sunfilm to increase FE (i'm sure not by too much), what will my losses be for that lesser FE without sunfilm? Will they be more than 6k? Just a thought.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:13   #2126
Senior - BHPian

It shows that you should not fix sunfilms for F.E gains. Maybe you could do it for heat reduction and privacy.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:21   #2127
BHPian

Just wondering if the Euro NCAP Crash Test Safety Ratings depend on number of Airbags on a particular model variant. If so, then the variants without airbag will have a poorer rating than their with Airbag brothers.

Can anyone elaborate?
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:28   #2128
BHPian

FE gains will be very marginal, Sunfilms are more for comfort, so if you want to keep your interiors at low temperatures in relation to exterior temp. go for it
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:13   #2129
BHPian

I was meeting a friend of mine and saw Planet Ford near to his place, thought about giving a look to Figo. It was 7pm past and hence was not given a TD (any idea why so), even though showroom stays up till 8pm. This is what I concluded,

- Looks are average, but I liked the black highlighting of headlamps, reminds me of girls with eye-liners
- Spacious, rear seats seemed to have good under thigh support.
- Good boot space with light
- Stereo with bluetooth connectivity
- ABS and Airbags

Dislikes:
- Dark interiors
- Rear profile, too much infusion of fusion
- No power windows at back
- Bonnet opener on passenger side
- Quality of plastics
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:59   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Just wondering if the Euro NCAP Crash Test Safety Ratings depend on number of Airbags on a particular model variant. If so, then the variants without airbag will have a poorer rating than their with Airbag brothers.

Can anyone elaborate?
Yes, the EURO NCAP Crash tests are taken on a certain variant of the car. Manufactureres normally like to give the variant with the best safety features to ensure a higher rating. Take for instance, the 5-star rating which Hyundai touts for its i20.

Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Hyundai i20

If you look down at the 'Details of Test Car', you will see that Front driver and Passenger Airbags were included in the test, which are not included in the Base 1.2 Magna variant in India. So it will be a little less safe. However, the structural integrity and strength of the body is covered in the NCAP tests, and the Comments made at the end elaborate on the safety for Adults, Children and Pedestrians.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks