Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 16:47   #1981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Does Anyone know if we can fit bull bars on the Figo? I'm sure it would save quite a lot radiators.
Not a good idea. It will end up doing harm than good to the car and pedestrians in case of a collision. Take a look at these threads.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-good-bad.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...er-guards.html
Old 14th April 2010, 17:16   #1982
BHPian

Yet another Figo Ownership review
Story of the RED DRAGON - Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium
Old 14th April 2010, 17:59   #1983
BHPian

Today I have seen some Figos on-road in Hyderabad. Two red Figos, One green, one brush steel and one white. (In one hour travel). Red has big road presence. But white is having a royal look. All the ones are Titanium TDCi. I am not able to spot a petrol figo on road at Hyderabad
Old 14th April 2010, 19:17   #1984
BHPian

I was just mentally comparing the Figo Titanium to the Punto E+ and made a list of things found on the latter but missing on the former:
- Alloys
- Bigger Tyres
- Fog lamps
- Rear power windows
- Tilt- and reach- adjustable steering
- (Proper) Height adjustable driver's seat
- ACC

The price difference (after generally available discounts) is about 90K (for the diesels, would be more for the petrols) in Chennai.

My question - Is the Figo still VFM when compared with the Punto, leaving out subjective aspects (not that they are unimportant) such as A.S.S. and Design? A different way to look at it would be - how much would a true top-end Figo (with all of the above features) cost?

Of course, for someone who isn't looking for these features, the Figo is definitely an excellent buy as it offers all the safety features available on any other top-end hatch. However, for folks that may "like to have" these features but are still stuck on the bang-for-the-buck dilemma, which is a better choice?

Last edited by spindoc : 14th April 2010 at 19:31. Reason: Minor edits
Old 14th April 2010, 19:28   #1985
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
I was just mentally comparing the Figo Titanium to the Punto E+ and made a list of things found on the latter but missing on the former:
- Alloys
- Bigger Tyres
- Fog lamps
- Rear power windows
- Tilt- and height- adjustable steering
- (Proper) Height adjustable driver's seat
- ACC

The price difference (after generally available discounts) is about 90K (for the diesels, would be more for the petrols) in Chennai.

My question - Is the Figo still VFM when compared with the Punto, leaving out subjective aspects (not that they are unimportant) such as A.S.S. and Design? A different way to look at it would be - how much would a true top-end Figo (with all of the above features) cost?

Of course, for someone who isn't looking for these features, the Figo is definitely an excellent buy as it offers all the safety features available on any other top-end hatch. However, for folks that may "like to have" these features but are still stuck on the bang-for-the-buck dilemma, which is a better choice?

I just did a price comparison taking Delhi OTR prices from Autocar:

1) PETROL

Figo 1.2 Titanium : 4.87 lacs
Punto 1.4 Emotion(o) : 6.41 lacs <---- This is the only petrol one with alloys

Difference : 1.54 Lacs

2) DIESEL

Figo titanium 1.4 TDCI : 5.81 Lacs
Punto MJD Emotion(o) : 6.86 Lacs <--- This is the variant with alloys

Difference : 1.05 Lacs
Old 14th April 2010, 19:35   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

1) PETROL

Figo 1.2 Titanium : 4.87 lacs
Punto 1.4 Emotion(o) : 6.41 lacs <---- This is the only petrol one with alloys

Difference : 1.54 Lacs

2) DIESEL

Figo titanium 1.4 TDCI : 5.81 Lacs
Punto MJD Emotion(o) : 6.86 Lacs <--- This is the variant with alloys

@Mustang.101 - you are right. The absolute OTR difference in Chennai would be about 1.15L.

But there are some discounts on the Punto (obviously owing to the low sales figures!). i heard last week from the sales exec that there was a free insurance / extended warranty package, which comes to around 25K.
Old 14th April 2010, 19:36   #1987
Senior - BHPian

I think the Petrol gets alloys right from the emotion trim.
Old 14th April 2010, 19:40   #1988
BANNED

Quote:
@Mustang.101 - you are right. The absolute OTR difference in Chennai would be about 1.15L.

But there are some discounts on the Punto (obviously owing to the low sales figures!). i heard last week from the sales exec that there was a free insurance / extended warranty package, which comes to around 25K.

No doubt that the Punto is also a great car, Fiat are not selling many because of their attitude & control by TATA guys.

I love the Punto in white. Its a car i would really buy today, had it come with a 1.6L petrol engine @ 7 Lacs .

@gemi : Autocar buyer's guide says that only emotion(o) of 1.4 petrol engine & MJD engine have alloys.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 14th April 2010 at 19:42.
Old 14th April 2010, 19:49   #1989
BHPian

Quote:

I completely agree with you. If you do a comparison of number of features provided, Punto wins.
And a personal VFM car can only be reached when one ascribes a certain value or weightage to these features.
For example, talking about myself, the space provided by Figo subsumed many features of Punto.

Last edited by silverknight : 14th April 2010 at 19:51. Reason: Punctuation missed.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:16   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
==============
I get a heartache seeing the OTR prices in other cities !
It's around 6.4L for Figo 1.4 Titanium and 7.8L for Punto 1.3 E Pk here in my city. Though, that is the only time I wish I lived in another place.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:48   #1991
Senior - BHPian

sbkumar,
we can thank our bangaluru Gov for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Lot of questions about fog lamp prices and whether it has rear lamps as well..In Bangalore, my dealer Lathangi quoted a price of 4900 and they have no clue about the rear lamps. Haven't called them up yesterday to check whether stocks have finally come.
REvvy, I have the price list from Metro and it says 4,500. Pm me I can get it for you at 4,500 from metro
But I would suggest you wait. Let them test their installation skills on some other cars and see how it goes.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 14th April 2010 at 20:51.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:51   #1992
Senior - BHPian

@ Mustang,

My cousin is awaiting delivery of his Figo. I believe the tire upsize would void any warranty.

Does it void warranty if I change the steel rims to alloy wheels(14") as well?
Old 14th April 2010, 20:52   #1993
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<Never try to hold a vehicle stationary on a slope using half clutch. It will lead to early clutch wear. Use brakes or hand brakes after pressing the clutch fully.>>

Absolutely Gilead, but becomes practically difficult during heavy traffic - eg: - Ooty Flower show or - kodai season.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:54   #1994
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@ Mustang,

My cousin is awaiting delivery of his Figo. I believe the tire upsize would void any warranty.

Does it void warranty if I change the steel rims to alloy wheels(14") as well?
I dont think it voids warranty if you use the alloy wheels of same size & same PCD. You can check out the OEM alloys also, It looks good too & they are not very expensive either.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:55   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
For example, talking about myself, the space provided by Figo subsumed many features of Punto.
@silverknight, is the figo more spacious at the back than the Punto? GTO had mentioned that space was comparable to the Punto and much more than the swift/i10.

@gemi, i compared it to the E+ as that's the only variant that offers Airbags.

Most Viewed