Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 19:24   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
can someone explain about the 6 speed intermitant wiper intermittent wiper i think its only available from zxi variant. is it something special?
6-speed intermitant wiper is already present in Fiesta SXI (not sure about other variants)..this is basically to adjust the speed of wiping to upto 6 levels. Useful in ligh-drizzle situations.
Old 25th February 2010, 19:39   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
can someone explain about the 6 speed intermitant wiper intermittent wiper i think its only available from zxi variant. is it something special?
Nothing special just that it has 6 speeds. I guess even the Vista has it (not sure if 6 maybe 4-5). And mind you, it is not the actual wiper speed. Wipers always run at just one speed. It is the time between two wipes.

More like:

Speed 6: [Wipe].[Wipe]
Speed 5: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wipe]
Speed 4: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wait].[Wipe]
Speed 3: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wipe]
Speed 2: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wipe]
Speed 1: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wipe]

Simple. So depending on how heavy the rain is, you decide how much time you maintain between each wipes and thus select the speed.

It should be fast enough to clear the glass and not obstruct vision, but slow enough to ensure that the glass is wet enough to wipe, else it will rub and make noise and destroy the blade and the glass.

The Fusion (and some Fiestas maybe) have an infinite speed intermittent wiper. Anywhere between 1 and 25 seconds.

To switch on you tap the right (yes right on EU spec cars) up once to wipe and pull it back. Wait for the rain to collect and then tap it up again. Now it will wipe at that frequency. So long as the rain doesn't change, you will be happy with your personal setting. You don't have to keep fidding between those 2/3/6 speeds to decide which one is optimum for you!
Old 25th February 2010, 20:06   #483
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Ford today since I have downloaded the brochure after providing my contact details. I was informed that they will forward my contact details to the nearest Ford Dealer. When I enquired about the pricing, he told me that the pricing will be announced during 2nd week of March.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:07   #484
BHPian

Hi,

Just i am coming back from metro ford, according to sales person approximate on road price in bengaluru will be, Titanium petrol 4.5l & 5.5 for diesel, prices will be announced on 7th march, test drive & delivery starts from 11/12th of march.

Last edited by subbarao : 25th February 2010 at 20:09.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:07   #485
BHPian

Some MORSE-CODE this;-}
Old 25th February 2010, 20:28   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Another thing that i found amusing was that the condenser is located very close to the bumper and would get easily damaged even in case of a minor accident.I made this point to the salesman there but he said this wont happen, as it is protected by the front impact beam.When i went out there was another car on display ,i was surprised to see that the condenser of the display car was indeed damaged.Take a look at the pics.
What do you say ?
This will invite problems with the AC.
In case of such damages, the entire AC refrigerant will be lost if there is any leaks.
It will also lead to AC compressor damage in case of refrigerant drain.
I experienced the similar problem with my earlier car with a similar damage on the condenser fins.
Hope Ford will do something to protect this.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:57   #487
BHPian

Saw the 1.4 TDCI car in flesh today, coral dash isn't that bad. Infact it looked way better than the Dash of a limited edition fiesta parked aside!
Old 25th February 2010, 21:38   #488
BANNED

All you people looking for a great color for the figo can bank on the colorado red! I saw one at the plant today & my god its looks awesome, Its the same one used on the mustang in the US ! White & sea grey are the best after that. Silver is very very conservative, Panther for the 'shoukeens' over here, Squeeze for the teenage girls driving their daddy's gift. Chill I have not seen yet!

Yea alloy wheels cost 17K
Old 25th February 2010, 22:17   #489
oss
BHPian

This can't be the final pricing as the difference between Titanium & ZXi is only 30k. With ABS & Airbag, there is no way Ford will price it with such a small incremental diff.

The base price, if true, is killer. I already see Figo Diesel selling in large numbers.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th February 2010 at 09:55. Reason: Correcting - as the post you are referring to is back.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:21   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
This can't be the final pricing as the difference between Titanium & ZXi is only 30k. With ABS & Airbag, there is no way Ford will price it with such a small incremental diff.

The base price, if true, is killer. I already see Figo Diesel selling in large numbers.
Is Figo already sold and bought by customers / end users?? I guess many might have just booked the car which means that they could even cancel it after TD.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th February 2010 at 09:56. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 25th February 2010, 23:10   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Visited
The salesman said the the 1.4 TDCi would start from 4.0 Lakhs Ex-showroom.

Another thing that i found amusing was that the condenser is located very close to the bumper and would get easily damaged even in case of a minor accident
The price for base diesel according to MUSTANG is 4.5 ex showroom and not 4L . See Link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1753064

Another member also has pointed out the proximity of the radiator to the front bumper. Sure to cause more damage than necessary in case of minor accidents !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Nothing special just that it has 6 speeds.

Speed 1: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wipe]

The Fusion (and some Fiestas maybe) have an infinite speed intermittent wiper. Anywhere between 1 and 25 seconds.

To switch on you tap the right (yes right on EU spec cars) up once to wipe and pull it back. Wait for the rain to collect and then tap it up again. Now it will wipe at that frequency. So long as the rain doesn't change, you will be happy with your personal setting. You don't have to keep fidding between those 2/3/6 speeds to decide which one is optimum for you!
Haha very nice of explaining the workings . It brings across the information crystal clear Lol.

Now features like this "infinite speed intermittent wiper" are what demarcates a car designed for a developed nation from that designed especially for a developing or third world country . When will we see small features like this that really make a difference . Well features and cost are directly proportional . So no use complaining.
Old 25th February 2010, 23:43   #492
BHPian

Got this piece of news from a trusted source. The Figo is going to be priced from 3.8-6 lakhs. A 1.6L turbocharged Figo ST is also under consideration. Hope they bring this asap.
Old 25th February 2010, 23:57   #493
Senior - BHPian

Figo 1.6 sounds really tempting! I really hope that Ford brings it ASAP!
Old 26th February 2010, 00:40   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonorm View Post
Got this piece of news from a trusted source. The Figo is going to be priced from 3.8-6 lakhs. A 1.6L turbocharged Figo ST is also under consideration. Hope they bring this asap.
Well, I should have been more forthcoming and written it for Polo where I thought, Pricing would be closer to 4.4 (Having seen Polo in other countries) and the final Price turned out to be 4.34.

But now that, i think, My prediction was close for Polo, I may as well write it for Figo. In my all sincerity I think it is going to be a 3.4 for Petrol (Closer to Beat) and 4.55 for Diesel (Closer to Swift Diesel) for Current 8% excise duty structure (which might get change during Budget this week).

All I am worried is that in order to do the volume whether Ford would risk losing money on the lowet trim .... you never know, with the kind of confidence and guts Ford is showing in US market, petrol might start even lower than "Beat".

American cousins fighting for Indian market-pie. Great for we consumers

Last edited by anu21v : 26th February 2010 at 00:57.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:58   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonorm View Post
Sound good.
If only Figo looked sportier. It currently looks like a grandfather car, a-la the grandfather clock.

Last edited by WindRide : 26th February 2010 at 01:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks