Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2013, 11:06   #7981
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Had been complaining about the calliper noise from the front wheels. Finally they changed the front suspensions, and now the sound is gone.

Like I just said in my experience above, it's a risk worth taking based on your experience. But would I take it, I still do not know, have 6 more months to decide. Sumatindra has posted an image showing the parts covered, and parts not covered in the 4th year term.
I too had that noise,luckily for me they could narrow it down to the suspension earlier and had both my front shocks changed under warranty. That was the only thing that needed to be changed under warranty and they did without any fuss.In fact, the sound on left side was heard after the right shocks was changed and was hardly heard. You needed to really cock your ears to hear it. But they changed it without any question. Now the stereo is taken for bluetooth malfunction and I am hoping they will change that also under warranty which lasts till May

On one hand, I am tempted to take the warranty considering my experience with Cauvery Ford(my dealer) and Ford itself has been good . On the other hand, I am also considering 185patch tyres when my stock ones wear out. Going through all those tuning threads gives me other ideas as well. Have to decide before May 13th when my 3rd year warranty runs out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Does cost of 4th year EW depend on age of vehicle?
I dont know. When I bought my Figo in May 2010, fourth year warranty was not available. Third year warranty was offered free as some corporate offer. I had forgotten all about it when I recieved a call from my dealer last week offering the fourth year warranty as third was about to expire and I have to renew before expiry.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 11:51   #7982
Senior - BHPian

I took my Figo for its first highway trip last Sunday to check how it compares with the Fiesta 1.6 that I own. I must say I was very thrilled. All the hullabaloo about the tdci losing grunt after 120 kmph was put to rest.

I could even touch 160 on a few empty stretches, but 140 was very comfortable, moreso with the 185/75 profile Michellins. The only difference was that if I braked at that speed and came down to around 80 kmph, then moving back to the original speed without dropping from 5th gear took some time, when compared to the free-revving and over-eager 1.6 L petrol engine.

One feature that really pleased me and the other occupants of the car was the hazard lights. I was overtaking a lazy and obstinate Innova from the left at triple digit speeds, when I suddenly spotted a road barricade ahead, causing me to slam the brakes. There was tire screech for about 3 to 4 seconds, followed by ABS pulsations, and I could fall behind the Innova without any drama. I was worried that the Honda behind me could get too close, but even before I could bat an eyelid, the hazard lights came on, as if the car read my mind. They blinked for around 8 or 10 times and switched off automatically. Kudos to Ford for giving us this feature!
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 13:13   #7983
BHPian

Quote:
One feature that really pleased me and the other occupants of the car was the hazard lights. I was overtaking a lazy and obstinate Innova from the left at triple digit speeds, when I suddenly spotted a road barricade ahead, causing me to slam the brakes. There was tire screech for about 3 to 4 seconds, followed by ABS pulsations, and I could fall behind the Innova without any drama. I was worried that the Honda behind me could get too close, but even before I could bat an eyelid, the hazard lights came on, as if the car read my mind. They blinked for around 8 or 10 times and switched off automatically. Kudos to Ford for giving us this feature!

Are you sure they were pleased with that, overtaking at triple digit speeds, barricades in front, emergency braking, ABS kicking in and Hazard lights? That is some dangerous encounter you had. I am pretty sure how my ZXi would have reacted! Anyways, I have heard a lot about the this hazard light feature - and luckily I have not had any experience with it.

Regarding your question around 4th Yr EW - No, I don't think it depends on anything like your vehocle age. You just got to get it before your 3rd Yr EW expires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate,
Would the sound be emanating from both the discs or the problem is with only one of them? I would not suggest you to do the turning as it will affect the braking capabilities with one disc being turned in and the other not.
You have also mentioned about lines on the pads, if this is a perennial problem with Figo then suggest you to live with it. Changing them will not solve the matter as a lot will depend on the pad build quality. On the long run once you have changed the discs you can look up elsewhere and try to get brake pads from abroad if they are economical and more importantly of the same specifications.
The sound is fom both the discs. Also, the lines are on the discs, and not the pads.

Anyways, I think I have pretty much made up my mind about not turning the discs - dont want to risk accentuating the problems. I can live with the noise as of now, not sure how would the discs/pads react if i resort to turning the discs. Will take a decision once the pads wear out.
Old 27th March 2013, 14:04   #7984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Anyways, I think I have pretty much made up my mind about not turning the discs - dont want to risk accentuating the problems. I can live with the noise as of now, not sure how would the discs/pads react if i resort to turning the discs. Will take a decision once the pads wear out.
Would say a very practical decision that you have taken, out of curiosity would the ford folks not change this? Would this not amount of a quality issue?
But then does it hamper the brake's performance?

Also is this common across all Variants of Figo or is the Titanium an exception since they come with ABS (read somewhere that the discs are bigger than regular non-abs brakes).
Old 27th March 2013, 14:07   #7985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure they were pleased with that, overtaking at triple digit speeds, barricades in front, emergency braking, ABS kicking in and Hazard lights? That is some dangerous encounter you had. I am pretty sure how my ZXi would have reacted! Anyways, I have heard a lot about the this hazard light feature - and luckily I have not had any experience with it.
Yes, they were very pleased. You might have seen many guys hogging the rightmost lane and not giving a damn about vehicles honking behind. Normally it is lorries that do this, but there are morons driving smaller vehicles also, who resort to such bad driving habits. There is no option but to overtake from the left.

If you've driven on the 4-laned NH7, I'm sure you'll not find it 'dangerous' to overtake from the left. The only caveat is that one needs to watch out for unmarked barricades on the stretch from Kurnool to Hyderabad. The part from Bangalore to Kurnool does not have this stuff.
Old 27th March 2013, 15:23   #7986
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they were very pleased. You might have seen many guys hogging the rightmost lane and not giving a damn about vehicles honking behind. Normally it is lorries that do this, but there are morons driving smaller vehicles also, who resort to such bad driving habits. There is no option but to overtake from the left.

If you've driven on the 4-laned NH7, I'm sure you'll not find it 'dangerous' to overtake from the left. The only caveat is that one needs to watch out for unmarked barricades on the stretch from Kurnool to Hyderabad. The part from Bangalore to Kurnool does not have this stuff.
Yes, as they say - the roads are full with idiots. It is the same everywhere in India. The thing is people are not aware of the concept of overtaking/fast lane. One of my friends casually remarked, when I objected him driving on the righmost lane on the Yamuna Expressway from Delhi to Agra - "I feel confortable driving there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Would say a very practical decision that you have taken, out of curiosity would the ford folks not change this? Would this not amount of a quality issue?
But then does it hamper the brake's performance?

Also is this common across all Variants of Figo or is the Titanium an exception since they come with ABS (read somewhere that the discs are bigger than regular non-abs brakes).
Yes, Titanium disc are bigger.

I have not really felt any reduced braking due to these issues.
As per Ford customer care, these are wear and tear parts so do not come under warranty, but they still offer warranty for the discs till 20K and pads till 10K due to the issues begin reported in the earlier batches of Figo. I tried my best getting them to replace my discs and pads, but they did not budge as I was well over their threshold of offering warranty. There are people here on this forum who have got their disc pads replaced. Not sure about the discs itself.
Old 28th March 2013, 10:39   #7987
BHPian

A question to the guys having the ford tdci:

Am i hearing things or is the turbo audible? Its not loud but there is this subtle high pitch note that starts at 1.5k and stops when i change over to the next gear.
Or is this some sort of noise like air through some gap?
Old 28th March 2013, 12:50   #7988

My Figo is around 2.11 years old and its 3 years warranty cover is going to end soon. I have noticed some rusting in seat rails and I took my car to MPL ford in pallikanai Chennai, But this guys just denied it cant be covered under warranty since I have installed the floor mats. Even after pushing them further they finally took pictures of it and after a week they replied Ford has rejected my request. I really don't know how this floor mats related to seat rail rusting. help.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-1wp_20130322_001.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-1wp_20130322_002.jpg  

Old 28th March 2013, 13:48   #7989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Am i hearing things or is the turbo audible? Its not loud but there is this subtle high pitch note that starts at 1.5k and stops when i change over to the next gear.
Or is this some sort of noise like air through some gap?
Never noticed anything like that. But, yes the noise levels inside the cabin is pretty high. Also, check if the recirculation mode of the A/C is turned OFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhil_18 View Post
My Figo is around 2.11 years old and its 3 years warranty cover is going to end soon. I have noticed some rusting in seat rails and I took my car to MPL ford in pallikanai Chennai, But this guys just denied it cant be covered under warranty since I have installed the floor mats. Even after pushing them further they finally took pictures of it and after a week they replied Ford has rejected my request. I really don't know how this floor mats related to seat rail rusting. help.
Ford will go any lengths to deny you warranty. And, you cant do anything about it. Shoot emails, tweet or post it on their FB page, and you will get the standard reply from everywhere. I have experienced it first hand!

Try a different dealer, and if possible take out the floor mats and then go (this is the only possible way to deal with them, tit for tat). Don't be surprised if they void your suspension warranty because you installed floor mats from outside.

Last edited by dhinchak : 28th March 2013 at 13:54.
dhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 15:25   #7990
BHPian

Ezhil, please try MPL vadapalani. If you need help regarding the service, please PM me. Ill try talking to someone i know over there to get them to help you out.

Quote:
Never noticed anything like that. But, yes the noise levels inside the cabin is pretty high. Also, check if the recirculation mode of the A/C is turned OFF.
Hi Dhinchak, My ac was turned off(not the recirc mode, but the ac itself was turned off.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th March 2013 at 23:32. Reason: deleted by merging.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 16:49   #7991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Hi Dhinchak, My ac was turned off(not the recirc mode, but the ac itself was turned off.
Even if the AC is turned off - When the recirculation mode is OFF, air does comes inside through the vents.
Old 28th March 2013, 17:16   #7992
BHPian

Quote:
Even if the AC is turned off - When the recirculation mode is OFF, air does comes inside through the vents.
I am thoroughly confused now. I guess ill try and check what it is again.
Old 29th March 2013, 11:53   #7993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I have been noticing on my car that even during highway runs the compressor keeps on cutting in and out. I figured this from intermittent change of air temp from vents. They get cold and then for short while less cold and back to cold. Its obvious only in really hot conditions which aren't very prevalent in Bangalore.
Is the temp control knob kept at a low setting? Check this knob position
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-control.jpg  

Old 29th March 2013, 11:55   #7994
Senior - BHPian

Man, that's some serious rust & that too in a car that's just about to complete 3 years.

When I look at such issues in the Figo, my heart literally sinks for I start thinking if I have made the right decision in buying the Figo. Nevertheless, I would suggest what "dhinchak" has said.....highlight this issue & go through different mediums.....get your complaints documented...

Good luck!

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhil_18 View Post
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 12:30   #7995
Senior - BHPian

These bad experiences are sending shivers down my spine as I have already booked one. I am losing sleep on the sleepless nights ahead.

Quote:
Surely if the blower runs.

Last edited by rajeev k : 29th March 2013 at 12:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks