Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:11   #7951
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
You press the button with the 'phone' symbol to receive or make a call. Works when the system is switched off or on. If your phone is synced and connected with Bluetooth , the HU need not be switched on to receive and make calls
Correct. But, the only bug with it is - If the system is Off, and you receive a call, after the call is finished - the system wont go back to its original state i.e. switched off - it would rather turn itself on and start playing music.
dhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:00   #7952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Guys wanted a quick suggestion.

My 1.2 figo is 3 years now and looks like the cells in the key are dying! Response is slow and at times just does not unlock the doors. I am told the cost of replacing the cells is approx 1k

A friendly SA at Lathangi advised to get it from outside for some 250 to 300 bucks. Which is a better option? any thoughts?

I had a similar experience when I visited Metro Ford last weekend for the glove box plastic hinges which broke when re-seating the glove box .
Partly my mistake and bad quality plastics.
I was kinda relieved when I saw these hinges were screwed on to the dash since then they would be available as parts. I checked and the part was available for 1200 for two!! Intially he said 600 and I was still and then I heard 600 for one and I just said thanks and walked off.
The glove box sits , and opens/closes fine. only it rattles on rough roads .

I thought cost of parts were reduced with the launch of Figo.
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:17   #7953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I thought cost of parts were reduced with the launch of Figo.
Thats too much for a plastic hinge

Have you tried to stick it by Araldite or Fevikwick? Last time when I Removed the glovebox to inspect the cause of the ever present dashboard rattle, I was on the verge of breaking that hinge, but luckily it survived.

Also, the Black plastic hinge which pops out under the hood after flipping the hood opening lever also broke from where it is screwed when I dropped the hood to close it. I fixed the broken hinge with araldite and tied it with copper wire to the latch
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:51   #7954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Correct. But, the only bug with it is - If the system is Off, and you receive a call, after the call is finished - the system wont go back to its original state i.e. switched off - it would rather turn itself on and start playing music.
Does it matter? One can always switch it off.
Old 22nd March 2013, 17:09   #7955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Thats too much for a plastic hinge

Have you tried to stick it by Araldite or Fevikwick? Last time when I Removed the glovebox to inspect the cause of the ever present dashboard rattle, I was on the verge of breaking that hinge, but luckily it survived.

Also, the Black plastic hinge which pops out under the hood after flipping the hood opening lever also broke from where it is screwed when I dropped the hood to close it. I fixed the broken hinge with araldite and tied it with copper wire to the latch
I have just one broken piece with me, the other one is MIA
I will try the araldite with just one side since it was fine with one broken hinge all this while. One had broken off more than a year ago.
Old 22nd March 2013, 18:39   #7956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Does it matter? One can always switch it off.
Just a matter of convenience (That is what gadgetry is for, i suppose!).
Old 22nd March 2013, 20:18   #7957
BHPian

Quote:

Also, the Black plastic hinge which pops out under the hood after flipping the hood opening lever also broke
I broke it too. Cost 50Rs only at Ford service centre.
Old 22nd March 2013, 21:40   #7958
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : High Intensity Headlamps

Please suggest the specifications of high intensity headlamps for my Figo.
Both headlamps have got fused.

It should be a readily available brand.
And not too expensive.

Are these available online as well?
Old 23rd March 2013, 00:09   #7959
BHPian

From few days I am noticing the following:

Whenever I fire up the engine, I hear a metallic 'clunk' kind of noise just before it starts. Also same kind of noise comes when its being shut off. It appears as if the engine is touching something when it shudders/shakes before coming into life or when it is switched off. What could be the reason? Engine mounts?

Car: Ford Figo Diesel
Kms: 20000
Year: 2010

Mods: This query is also posted in "What's that Sound??" Thread. Please delete this post if Inappropriate.
Old 23rd March 2013, 00:12   #7960
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
From few days I am noticing the following:

Whenever I fire up the engine, I hear a metallic 'clunk' kind of noise just before it starts. Also same kind of noise comes when its being shut off. It appears as if the engine is touching something when it shudders/shakes before coming into life or when it is switched off. What could be the reason? Engine mounts?

Car: Ford Figo Diesel
I doubt it is engine mounts. Most probably the exhaust touching something when it shakes at startup and shut down. Try and observe that. I notice it sometimes as well when the startup is a little more juddery sometimes.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 00:47   #7961
Senior - BHPian

Our Figo has done close to 25,000KM. No problems so far but the rattling from the rear has gotten far worse than before. Even a slight bump on the road makes the rear creek and crock.
Right Door rattles a bit,
Instrument console (slight rattle)
Rear windows roll down on its own, (TSB was done during the last service but no improvement)

Front windshield developed a leak (this was quickly fixed by the @ss) Took them 2 days. (Rubber and sealant was replaced.

Other than that nothing major.
FE remains the same below 10 in the city.

Extended 4th year warranty is available for about Rs 5,600 -/+change.

4th service - 30, 000 KM service is due this month end.

Last month we fitted a friends TDCI Figo with DIESELtronics. This car runs like its on steroids! clatter has come down significantly! Engine feels a lot much responsive and smooth.
We also changed the oil to Mobil 1 0W 40 full synthetic on this car.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 23rd March 2013 at 00:53.
Old 23rd March 2013, 10:00   #7962
Team-BHP Support

Has been a couple of times when I had to contact Ford India and always the response has been exemplary. I am really satisfied.

On this occasion, had misplaced my 3rd year extended warranty papers. A soft copy is mailed as soon as the details are provided & a hard copy is being couriered.

Part of ownership experience with Ford, hence thought to share it
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 12:02   #7963
BHPian

50,000kms Rock on...

After 50,000 kms the car remains the same and has held up excellent in built/rattles, hope good things continue.

Details updated in ownership thread. . .
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ford-figo.html
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 21:48   #7964
BHPian

Quote:
Noticed yesterday that the Headlights wont come On in my Figo. When I turned the rotary switch to Maximum right, only the parking Lights were On. Turned the rotary switch On-off multiple times and the Lights came back.

Again, while driving the Lights went off. Then I tried the High Beam and the lights were working just fine.

I am just suspecting a loose connection/wiring issue. Any suggestions/DIY tips before I visit the workshop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Check the fuses. If both are not wiring, the fuse might have blown. There is a fuse clip in the fuse box that you can use to remove the headlight fuse and check if it is blown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Apart from Vidyutji's suggestion, do check the holders. If there is any sort of drooping/movement of the bulbs, then it might be the holders. If not, it could be that the soldering done at the base of the holders to the car's electrical system might have loosened up and can cause your wire to have poor contact leading to the flickering/intermittent working of the lamp.
I visited the A.S.S. today, and the Headlight switch assembly control lever was changed under warranty(the one on the left of the steering wheel, used to switch between High and low beam), and it is all good now.

Even though it was replaced inder warranty, what surprised me was its actual cost - Rs 1382/-

Seeing the cost of these small parts, I was a bit terrified and enquired about the 4th year warranty - and another surprise! I was expecting it to be around 5900/- as told by everyone. But, according to the dealer - 5900/- is for Petrol and for diesel it costs 9000+
Old 23rd March 2013, 21:55   #7965
BHPian

Quote:
according to the dealer - 5900/- is for Petrol and for diesel it costs 9000+
Glad to know that your headlamp issue has been solved. 4th year extended warranty's cost is like a atom bomb dropping on a middle class man's wallet. Pretty steep i must add. If my eyes brim with tears while i pay, remind me its meant to be .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks