Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2013, 17:48   #7906
BHPian

Re: Start-Stop button & enhanced security for your Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Carwale.com reports that Ford’s Figo is being offered with a Start-Stop button and Keyless entry security system as a dealer add-on. The package carries a price of Rs. 30,000. The Start-Stop button is fitted below the key slot on the steering column (now covered). However, the system cannot be retrofitted on the Figo's base variant. Earlier reports had shown a demo Figo kitted with the Start-Stop button near the gearshift.
Well, to begin with 30K is an extremely high price . Also the fitment looks so shabby, at least for the 30K price they have to do a better job! Any takers for this? Will it add value and is it really needed?
Old 19th March 2013, 17:50   #7907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Well, to begin with 30K is an extremely high price . Also the fitment looks so shabby, at least for the 30K price they have to do a better job! Any takers for this? Will it add value and is it really needed?
Absolutely, 30K is a lot of hard earned money! I just wished the facelifted figo came with this. Its more of a convenience than security in my opinion. The old godrej Nav-tal is a testament to this.
Old 19th March 2013, 19:22   #7908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
This really does not make any sense to me. I have seen the Figo with the start button next to the gear lever and that made it feel like you were cranking a sports car.
This being next to the original ignition slot does not make it any different from twisting the key to crank the engine.

Regarding security and convinience, I press the unlock/lock buttons with the key in my pocket itself. Make it feel like it is keyless entry
Old 19th March 2013, 20:28   #7909
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
... reports that Ford’s Figo is being offered with a Start-Stop button and Keyless entry security system as a dealer add-on. The package carries a price of Rs. 30,000. The Start-Stop button is fitted below the key slot on the steering column (now covered).....
the whole purpose of keyless/start-stop button is to 'showboat'. Of what use is the start-stop button if it sits in the steering column, hidden away from anybody's view ? shell out 30k, then ask your co-passenger to take a look at the steering column from the driver-side, make him notice the start/stop button ; then ask him go sit in the passenger seat & now have a conversation about it during the journey. Its a bit like buying an expensive suit & wearing it only when you want to go into the kitchen and nowhere else.
30k ? total ripoff....
Old 19th March 2013, 22:47   #7910
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody managed to improve the front seat lumbar support in the Figo? It's a major drawback and the lack of under-thigh support doesn't help matters either.

A word on the quality control, or lack thereof, at Ford. On taking delivery of a brand new Figo tdci titanium, I faced these challenges on the very FIRST day of ownership:
1. The horn suddenly stopped working. All I got was a clicking sound on pressing the pad. Gave the sales chap a earful and he arranged an appointment at their workshop the next day. The horn itself had gone kaput and had to be replaced (I had checked the fuse myself earlier).
2. There is a very irritating and very audible squeaking noise emanating from the rear of the car. Happens whenever there is some imperfection on the road- so basically all the time! There's nothing worse than a squeak or a rattle in a brand new car... very demoralizing. Was planning on waiting till the first service but I don't think I can stand it that long. Any pointers? I'm told this isn't uncommon in Figos.
3. The bottom left corner piece in the front windshield rubber beading had come unglued. The a.s.c fellow stuck it in place with some Feviquik(!)
4. Left wiper blade - part of the metal was sticking out of the rubber. Basically, the blade has to be replaced.

I bought a new car because I wanted peace of mind and a hassle free ownership. I just don't have the time to run to the workshop all the time. I'm quite frankly shocked that QC at Ford is so shoddy. I really want to write to someone at Ford... any suggestions?
Old 20th March 2013, 06:08   #7911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just a note that the rental Ford Figo's that Zoom cars use in Bangalore have a tracking system as well. The system has been fitted at the Ford dealership.

I don't think this is the same since they still have the keys.

Check the fuses. If both are not wiring, the fuse might have blown. There is a fuse clip in the fuse box that you can use to remove the headlight fuse and check if it is blown.
- do both sides have this problem? If yes, then it might be something with you switch or wiring to the switch. If no, then see below.

- it could be your holder. Did you change the stock bulbs without changing the holder/wiring? I have seen the holder melt up and same behavior exhibited. In some time, it might completely stop working.

- it could be the bulb. The life of a bulb is upto 2 yrs. the higher wattage once last lesser.

- might not be the fuse as it still comes on.

Some 10 odd pages back there was a discussion on DIY for replacing bulbs. Would suggest you look through it and inspect your bulb and holder for signs of blackening /melting
rohing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 08:49   #7912
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Check the fuses. If both are not wiring, the fuse might have blown. There is a fuse clip in the fuse box that you can use to remove the headlight fuse and check if it is blown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Apart from Vidyutji's suggestion, do check the holders. If there is any sort of drooping/movement of the bulbs, then it might be the holders. If not, it could be that the soldering done at the base of the holders to the car's electrical system might have loosened up and can cause your wire to have poor contact leading to the flickering/intermittent working of the lamp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
- do both sides have this problem? If yes, then it might be something with you switch or wiring to the switch. If no, then see below.

- it could be your holder. Did you change the stock bulbs without changing the holder/wiring? I have seen the holder melt up and same behavior exhibited. In some time, it might completely stop working.

- it could be the bulb. The life of a bulb is upto 2 yrs. the higher wattage once last lesser.

- might not be the fuse as it still comes on.

Some 10 odd pages back there was a discussion on DIY for replacing bulbs. Would suggest you look through it and inspect your bulb and holder for signs of blackening /melting
Thanks for your suggestions.

There is some weird click-click sound coming from the Fuse box, when I go from High to Low beam and vice versa. This is unusual and has started coming now only. Checked the manual, and High beam and Low beam do have different fuses but both the fuses are fine and were not lose either.

I doubt its the bulbs/holders, as it would be highly unlikely of both of them going bust together. I did change the bulbs, but they are of stock wattage.

I am keeping a little busy, and not finding the time to check things thoroughly. Will do it over the weekend, and then visit the workshop if it is something serious/problem in the fuse box.
Old 20th March 2013, 11:03   #7913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
A word on the quality control, or lack thereof, at Ford..... On taking delivery ... any suggestions?
Hi razor,

Did you use the team-bhp checklist to do the PDI before registration?
It is insisted that this be done so that you come to know about the car in detail.

Slightly OT:

I am to take the delivery of my figo tomorrow and what i did yesterday was to go to the dealer's place and check out the car. I was on work yesterday and therefore couldn't do a detailed PDI but i did check the essentials like the tyres/joints/ fired up the engine to notice any undue vibrations inside the cabin, checked all the switches. I couldn't pop up the hood and take the dipstick to check if everything was proper since my colleague called me asking me to return back to the workplace .
Fingers crossed and hoping my lovely figo satisfies my expectations(ps: I lubh you my figoah! )
Old 20th March 2013, 11:25   #7914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you use the team-bhp checklist to do the PDI before registration?
It is insisted that this be done so that you come to know about the car in detail.
What I couldn't do was the test drive before delivery. I just didn't get the time to do a stockyard visit. That would have revealed the squeaking noise but there was no way to check the horn - this was working initially and went silent after a day.
During the delivery I had limited time and opportunity to inspect the car properly:
- Due to some construction going on in front of the building, the delivery was made in an ill-lit basement(!!)
- We had our 9 month old kid with us, and given the abundance of mosquitoes in the basement, we had to get out of there fast

I find myself questioning the decision to buy the Figo now, which is a bit unfair, since the overall package is still an excellent one. Need to get these initial issues sorted out and forget about them, I guess.

One more query - when the car is idling (engine warmed up and all), I sometimes feel some vibration in the cabin which goes away in a few seconds. Reminds me a bit of an AC compressor kicking in. Is this common?

Last edited by razor4077 : 20th March 2013 at 11:30.
Old 20th March 2013, 11:37   #7915
BHPian

Quote:
I find myself questioning the decision to buy the Figo now, which is a bit unfair, since the overall package is still an excellent one. Need to get these initial issues sorted out and forget about them, I guess.
Ah razor, don't worry. Let the dealer do his job and list up the complaints.
If they return, you can demand he does something about it. For now, just
enjoy the car.

Quote:
One more query - when the car is idling (engine warmed up and all), I sometimes feel some vibration in the cabin which goes away in a few seconds. Reminds me a bit of an AC compressor kicking in. Is this common?
Not very common but i have had this happen on my friend's tata indica whenever the AC kicks in. So even though i am a bit skeptical, i pretty much feel it could be the AC.
Old 20th March 2013, 13:56   #7916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Not very common but i have had this happen on my friend's tata indica whenever the AC kicks in. So even though i am a bit skeptical, i pretty much feel it could be the AC.
It isn't the A/C compressor, but the radiator fan starting up, that causes this vibration. I have learned to live with it. It is most noticable in bumper-to-bumper stop-start traffic, when there is not much air flow for effective heat exchange for the engine and A/C cooling.
Old 20th March 2013, 15:13   #7917
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
A word on the quality control, or lack thereof, at Ford. On taking delivery of a brand new Figo tdci titanium, I faced these challenges on the very FIRST day of ownership:
1. The horn suddenly stopped working. All I got was a clicking sound on pressing the pad. Gave the sales chap a earful and he arranged an appointment at their workshop the next day. The horn itself had gone kaput and had to be replaced (I had checked the fuse myself earlier).
2. There is a very irritating and very audible squeaking noise emanating from the rear of the car. Happens whenever there is some imperfection on the road- so basically all the time! There's nothing worse than a squeak or a rattle in a brand new car... very demoralizing. Was planning on waiting till the first service but I don't think I can stand it that long. Any pointers? I'm told this isn't uncommon in Figos.
3. The bottom left corner piece in the front windshield rubber beading had come unglued. The a.s.c fellow stuck it in place with some Feviquik(!)
4. Left wiper blade - part of the metal was sticking out of the rubber. Basically, the blade has to be replaced.
quite shocking, honestly....
This looks like a used TD vehicle.. its impossible for a 'factory fresh' car to have ANY of the above 4 niggles. Did you check the VIN# and find out which month this car was manufactured ? or you can even ask the sales manager (not the salesperson) point blank "was this a TD vehicle? "
I strongly suggest you do the above and find out the truth.
Old 20th March 2013, 15:33   #7918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
It isn't the A/C compressor, but the radiator fan starting up, that causes this vibration. I have learned to live with it. It is most noticable in bumper-to-bumper stop-start traffic, when there is not much air flow for effective heat exchange for the engine and A/C cooling.
Oh, but i dont think the radiator fan spins only briefly, i think it could be the brief noise when the ac load gets applied to the alternator as in it just gets slightly jittery and then stops. Of course you could be right but i am just speculating on the possibilities.
Old 20th March 2013, 15:38   #7919
Senior - BHPian

Few of my in-laws family friends had a bad accident before Ghaziabad (towards Delhi) courtesy poor braking of the car above 100 kmph. Basically, they were also to blame for the accident, for driving on 100 kmph on section of highway where there are 2 lanes only for both sides traffic.

It happened when a passenger bus coming from opposite side tried overtaking a tractor with a trolley, without the bus driver being able to judge the speed of the Figo. The driver of the Figo who had a Swift VDi earlier, & might have come out unscathed from similar situations (basically his family owns fleet of trucks), applied foot & hand brakes, only to find the car sliding & hitting the bus, which had almost overtook the tractor, in the rear. Result, all four occupants are in hospital in ICU & their family are now sworn of Ford cars.
Old 20th March 2013, 15:43   #7920
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Few of my in-laws family friends had a bad accident before Ghaziabad (towards Delhi) courtesy poor braking of the car above 100 kmph. Basically, they were also to blame for the accident, for driving on 100 kmph on section of highway where there are 2 lanes only for both sides traffic.

applied foot & hand brakes, only to find the car sliding & hitting the bus, which had almost overtook the tractor, in the rear. Result, all four occupants are in hospital in ICU & their family are now sworn of Ford cars.
Please do not blame the car's braking abilities for what is basically a big mistake by the driver. Pulling the handbrake at that speed will result in total loss of control and rear wheels locking up. It will be the same result in a Mercedes or a Ford. It's one of the most biggest mistakes one can make.

I've had the car for more than 2.5 years and driven it on highways but never found anything to complain about the brakes.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks