Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 09:13   #7756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post

The new wheel cap for the figo are 884/- per wheel.
Thanks. I enquired at metro ford and they said it's 950. With taxes. That's quite a lot for plastic wheel caps.
Old 27th February 2013, 09:26   #7757
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Thanks. I enquired at metro ford and they said it's 950. With taxes. That's quite a lot for plastic wheel caps.
Daylight robbery! Almost 4000/- for a set of 4 plastic wheel caps? I am sure you could get better quality and design from outside, and at a much cheaper rate.

Just hope they would not void your suspension warranty for using non OEM wheel caps. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do that.
dhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 10:47   #7758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Parthasarathig, if you remember, I have 3 wheelcaps which are still not picked up by you
I still have them, if you require. It was booked for you in the giveaway thread. Unfortunately, I no longer work near Kundalahalli.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 10:56   #7759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post

Daylight robbery! Almost 4000/- for a set of 4 plastic wheel caps? I am sure you could get better quality and design from outside, and at a much cheaper rate.

Just hope they would not void your suspension warranty for using non OEM wheel caps. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do that.
I did the same calculation at the svc and told them if they take us for fools.
They can't void warranty for plastic wheel caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Parthasarathig, if you remember, I have 3 wheelcaps which are still not picked up by you.
I still have them, if you require. It was booked for you in the giveaway thread. Unfortunately, I no longer work near Kundalahalli.
You still have them. I remember we spoke about it about a year back when you got new alloys but I was caught up in studies. If it's okay with you can I still pick them up?

I shall pm you regarding the same.
Old 27th February 2013, 11:02   #7760
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I seem to be hearing some mild humming sound at around 60 kmph speed on my Figo that has only 5000 kms on the odo. I am not sure if it is coming from the wheels or from the engine. It comes only sometimes.

I don't use the Figo often, so am not sure when that sound started. Thinking it was from the wheels, I accelerated to around 100 kmph and let the car roll in neutral, but I could not hear that sound. But when I slotted it into 4th and accelerated again, even then it did not come. Strange indeed.

Any clues? It is not high enough to warrant a visit to the Ford workshop though, but wanted to know if it portends something cooking.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 11:37   #7761
BHPian

Hi vnabhi, is it just a hum or is there some vibration as well?
Old 27th February 2013, 11:51   #7762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

I seem to be hearing some mild humming sound at around 60 kmph speed on my Figo that has only 5000 kms on the odo. I am not sure if it is coming from the wheels or from the engine. It comes only sometimes.

I don't use the Figo often, so am not sure when that sound started. Thinking it was from the wheels, I accelerated to around 100 kmph and let the car roll in neutral, but I could not hear that sound. But when I slotted it into 4th and accelerated again, even then it did not come. Strange indeed.

Any clues? It is not high enough to warrant a visit to the Ford workshop though, but wanted to know if it portends something cooking.
I had a similar issue - Humming noise at 60-70 Km/h. The bearings were at fault apparently, and were changed under warranty.
Old 27th February 2013, 11:54   #7763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

I seem to be hearing some mild humming sound at around 60 kmph speed on my Figo that has only 5000 kms on the odo. I am not sure if it is coming from the wheels or from the engine. It comes only sometimes....
Since it's NOT always, I doubt it's the bearings. And 5000 kms is too low for your bearing to go kaput.

Quote:
I had a similar issue - Humming noise at 60-70 Km/h. The bearings were at fault apparently, and were changed under warranty.
I thought wheels bearings are NOT covered under warranty!
Old 27th February 2013, 12:02   #7764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since it's NOT always, I doubt it's the bearings. And 5000 kms is too low for your bearing to go kaput.
Mine were replaced at 16K. But, yes - I had that sound always (in the range of 60-70 Kmph)

Quote:
I thought wheels bearings are NOT covered under warranty!
They did replace it for me.
Old 27th February 2013, 12:06   #7765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mine were replaced at 16K. But, yes - I had that sound always (in the range of 60-70 Kmph)

They did replace it for me.
Looks to me like a manufacturing fault? And when I had a problem on my Swift, the noise was all through the speeds and kind of became un-bearable beyond 50 kmph.

How much does it cost? I know your's were replaced free of cost, if you know the cost, please let me know.
Old 27th February 2013, 12:09   #7766
BHPian

Quote:
Looks to me like a manufacturing fault? And when I had a problem on my Swift, the noise was all through the speeds and kind of became un-bearable beyond 50 kmph.

How much does it cost? I know your's were replaced free of cost, if you know the cost, please let me know.
1100/- if I remember correctly. It was only Front-right bearings for me.
dhinchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 12:12   #7767
BHPian

Just 5k on the odo and a bearing issue? Is there something i will need to watch out for?

Ot:Is my figo going to be the first facelift figo here? Just curious.
Old 27th February 2013, 13:07   #7768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Just 5k on the odo and a bearing issue? Is there something i will need to watch out for?

Ot:Is my figo going to be the first facelift figo here? Just curious.
Got the facelifted one in Jan. Have covered 2500 kms so far.
Old 27th February 2013, 13:32   #7769
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for your prompt response. I'm not sure if it is a bearing sound, as I don't regularly use the Figo. I'll check and report again in a week.

I don't think bearings could get bad this early. My WagonR is still on original bearings for 65K and my Fiesta for 38K on the odo.

Could it be the hum jayded reported at a particular rpm? Let me check and get back.
Old 27th February 2013, 15:40   #7770
BHPian

The place where I park my (actually its a make shift parking on the road side), there is a hump at the corner. And, the car is parked with its rear towards the hump - such that the only the Left rear tyre is over the hump. This causes the Front right tyre/suspension to get compressed.

My question is - can parking your car this way daily for 9-10 hrs, cause the Link Rod to get damaged?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks