Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 09:54   #7711
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

The drive belt was replaced since it was found worn out by the SA during service. Regarding the link assembly some noise was noticed during test drive when riding over rough patches and on inspection these needed replacement. The suspension parts are covered only for 25000 km under warranty and I had to pay for replacement
Old 19th February 2013, 11:17   #7712
BHPian

I have 2 queries:

1. What should be the DTE when the tank is filled up? (petrol) approximation
2. How does one reset the trip meter?
Old 19th February 2013, 11:21   #7713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have 2 queries:

1. Not sure as I own a Diesel, should be around 550 or more I think
2. Just press the black button (rod) protruding out of the speedo for few seconds in Trip Meter mode.
Old 19th February 2013, 11:27   #7714
BHPian

Quote:
I have 2 queries:

I get 620kms on DTE if im doing highway runs for the past few days. If im doing city runs then on tankup it shows 450 to 480 mostly.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-screenshot_20130219112734.png

These are my current figures. Hows your doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post

With so much trust on Ford A.S.S (due to my previous experiences), I decided to tackle the problem myself and topped up the coolant reservoir myself. After that, I have done multiple long trips (BLR-CLT-BLR) and after two months, the coolant level is still good. I don't know whether the problem is with the TDCi engine or the coolant the A.S.S put inside or something else.
Sir, does Ford use a premix coolant or readymix? If they use a premix, then this can be a problem with the dilutions.
Also which coolant are you now using?
Which servic centre have you lost faith upon?

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 19th February 2013 at 11:55.
Old 19th February 2013, 11:54   #7715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Guys, I'am planning to upgrade my Figo's front OEM speakers with Infinity Reference components. Going to add spacers since the OEM size is bit odd. I knew that there are certain models which matches the OEM size (For ex. Infinity Reference 6830. Got this info in SuperTinu's ICE thread, Thank you SuperTinu) but im not able to find it.
I guess going for spacer will not have any issues.

I'am having a Sony 4 channel amp lying at home idle as i removed it from my previous car. I'am planning to add it too to drive the comps. Before that i need some suggestion.

Do i really need Amp? according to the accessory shop guy, it IS needed to get the optimum output from components.

If i add Amp, Can i also add Sub woofer (I have one, again lying idle at home)? but i knew the OEM system doesnt have sub woofer control and Im not planning for any HiLo converter. Is it ok to straight away connect Sub with Amp.

Suggestions please..
Yea getting 5x7 or 6x8 oval components in India are very difficult. You can check on ebay.in, though prices are higher than 6 inch mainly due to availability. 6 inch will require spacers for clean sealed fit and also you might have to cut the protruding plastic walls on the inside of the door panel which surround the stock speakers to avoid it interfering with the raised speaker due to the spacer.

Regarding your main questions, currently I am running my components directly from the HU without the amp. The quality is fairly acceptable and good enough for avg listener. Depends what level of audiophile you are. I am personally not happy with the bass and definitely need a sub to fill the low end of the spectrum. If you already have an amp with built in hi/lo converter then I would think its a no brainer. Just go ahead and fix the amp and get a sub as well. If not then just try with HU only and then decide.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 13:10   #7716
BHPian

Guys im facing an issue (not really sure if its an issue). Im using MyShaldan and Areon gel perfumes in my car. Recently im noticing that the smell of the perfume doesnt spread out always.

The same perfume in my friends Polo gives an excellent aroma and is constantly present. I place it at the same area ie in the cup holder besides gear lever just like my pal does. But why dont I get the aroma at all the locations in the car? Is there something wrong in my HVAC system?

@Sheel does the gel perfume penetrate all areas of your figo?
Old 19th February 2013, 13:36   #7717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Sir, does Ford use a premix coolant or readymix? If they use a premix, then this can be a problem with the dilutions.
Which service centre have you lost faith upon?
I suspect the mixture that they used to top up. Maybe it was too lean.
I service my vehicle at Lathangi Ford on Bannerghatta road. The AC issue was escalated to them earlier and they could not find out the problem. As the issue happens at random, I doubt whether they really did any diagnosis on this. They told me that everything is fine and on my drive back from Calicut under heavy sun, the AC just packed up. I switched off the AC and drove for some time, with some breaks and after an hour or so, the AC kicked back in and worked brilliantly as if nothing has happened. I need to get this fixed as early as possible as the mercury in Bangalore is on the rise.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 14:41   #7718
BHPian

Since 3 years now I am getting around 11 in the city. By the way how is this app you are using? Thinking of downloading one after your response.
Old 19th February 2013, 15:01   #7719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have 2 queries:

I have a May 2010 Petrol Figo, 21K on the odo. DTE shows 450-480 after full tank if I am driving in the city alone. With some gentle driving (and judicious choice of routes), I have extracted 500km from a tankful driving in the city.
Old 19th February 2013, 16:41   #7720
BHPian

Quote:
Since 3 years now I am getting around 11 in the city. By the way how is this app you are using? Thinking of downloading one after your response.
Its a free app called FuelLog. Its good. Have been using it for the past 1year. You can add all the vehicles you have and calculate each of their mileages after minimum 2 tankfills. Its there for android only though.
Old 19th February 2013, 18:00   #7721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I have a May 2010 Petrol Figo, 21K on the odo. DTE shows 450-480 after full tank if I am driving in the city alone. With some gentle driving (and judicious choice of routes), I have extracted 500km from a tankful driving in the city.
Mine is a April 2010 Petrol titanium, with 15k on the odo. I have seen the DTE at times fluctuating between 450 and 500 as well. Not really sure how this happens though! Point is can the DTE be depended upon?
Old 19th February 2013, 18:02   #7722
BHPian

Quote:
Its a free app called FuelLog. Its good. Have been using it for the past 1year. You can add all the vehicles you have and calculate each of their mileages after minimum 2 tankfills. Its there for android only though.
Yes just downloaded it and exploring it. I have a tank full coming up in a few days and will start using it real time. Can the log be exported to excel or something? just in case one wants to record it elsewhere.
Old 19th February 2013, 18:22   #7723
BHPian

Quote:
Yes just downloaded it and exploring it. I have a tank full coming up in a few days and will start using it real time. Can the log be exported to excel or something? just in case one wants to record it elsewhere.
Nope you cant unless you pay just 50bucks for the application
Old 19th February 2013, 19:08   #7724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
With so much trust on Ford A.S.S (due to my previous experiences), I decided to tackle the problem myself and topped up the coolant reservoir myself.
What coolant did you use when you decided to tackle the problem yourself? Please share the details for the benefit of all. Also, is yours a petrol Figo?

Quote:
Which servic centre have you lost faith upon?
The factory-filled coolant is actually pre-mixed, however, I have seen Ford ASCs using concentrated coolants (mixed separately with water) in the workshops during coolant replacements.
Old 19th February 2013, 20:04   #7725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
The factory-filled coolant is actually pre-mixed, however, I have seen Ford ASCs using concentrated coolants (mixed separately with water) in the workshops during coolant replacements.
Then this is the cause of the problem. Why I think so is from an entirely different segment of automobiles. One of my friend's bikes coolant was also tampered with at the ASC which later on led to a heating problem etc. So I feel even A350XWB's coolant premix dilutions were tampered with as a result of which the overheating and the drain.

P. S he has a TDCi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks