Here are the latest updates to my Figo

Demon Eyes

New interiors
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:33   #7742
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Congratulations buddy!

Do post your experience with the "damsel" & wish you many happy miles with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Was in a royal dilemma for around 4 months regarding what car to buy, ended up spotting the lovely american damsel, her eyes and footwear had me head over heals and before i knew it, it was love at first sight for me . Went ahead and booked the titanium tdci, delivery will be done in the next month. Hopefully she doesn't come in my dreams and make me lose sanity .
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:56   #7743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Went ahead and booked the titanium tdci, delivery will be done in the next month.
Congratulations !!!!
Do ask for some freebies and compare what other dealers of Ford are offering on Titanium tdci. Also go through the PDI thread in this forum, this will be helpful for you while inspection before you get registered.
Also let us know your experience when you get delivery.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 11:23   #7744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Congratulations buddy!
Do post your experience with the "damsel"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Congratulations !!!!
Do ask for some freebies and compare what other dealers of Ford are offering on Titanium tdci. Also go through the PDI thread in this forum, this will be helpful for you while inspection before you get registered.
Also let us know your experience when you get delivery.
Thanks for the heads up guys. I will pen down a test drive experience that i had with the vehicle. I know countless number of such reports exist so i am still contemplating on writing one. Waiting for the day she lands on my doorstep though. I still can't get the image of the dash out of my head! lol.

Is it possible to install a GPS/Music HU onto the vehicle like it is present in the superb or like the polo( modded) of our beloved Sam Kapasi?
Old 25th February 2013, 16:56   #7745
BHPian

@Arch-Angel. Congrats your "American Damsel" and may you have miles of pleasant smiles with her.

Ford is very finicky on the warranty and ill void it even if you splice a small wire. They advised me against installing an amp. Check if the dealership will install it for you and still retain the warranty,(if you do so, ensure that you have it in writing), though their charges will be on the higher side.

you may also check out an ad on our classifieds - Link
Seller is also in Chennai

Last edited by neofromcapone : 25th February 2013 at 17:15. Reason: added url and text
neofromcapone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 10:27   #7746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Its a free app called FuelLog. Its good. Have been using it for the past 1year. You can add all the vehicles you have and calculate each of their mileages after minimum 2 tankfills. Its there for android only though.
I did a tank full yesterday. Filled 35.41 liters, assuming there was 4 to 5 liters already in the tank. I got a DTE of 430! Is that OK?

Punched in the numbers in the app and waiting for the second tankful for it to throw some numbers on efficiency, (have to wait and watch)
Old 26th February 2013, 12:38   #7747
Mik
BHPian

Got my second service done/completed today.
The left rear flap was available as a single piece thankfully. Cost was cheap too, 113 Rs for the flap and 40 odd rupees for the hooks.
Steering column replaced a second time
Still the problem of steering "dak dak dak" noise while taking extreme turns on rough roads persists. After replacing steering columns twice one mechanic claimed that this was a common issue in fiesta and figo.
Gear oil was leaking out due to a broken seal. Replaced under warranty, including the oil (which costs 3k for 2 ltrs)
A few odd stoppers and nuts missing - paid for those.
Was also sold a "silencer anti-rust coating". Since my previous car had rusting issues, i got it done for a princely 900Rs.
The 3M anti-rust and paint protection - free inspection worked for me. A left rear fender scratch has been taken care of.

Total cost 4021 Rs (inclusive of service + wheel alignment/balancing/rotation + 900Rs for the anti rust silencer treatment + some missing nut and stopper)
Service advisor and service people attitude - Excellent
Workmanship - better than last time when they managed to scratch my vehicle.

All ok apart from the irritating steering noise.

P.S: 1.0 ltr Ecosport standing in the yard was an unexpected surprise
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 13:35   #7748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post

I did a tank full yesterday. Filled 35.41 liters, assuming there was 4 to 5 liters already in the tank. I got a DTE of 430! Is that OK?

Punched in the numbers in the app and waiting for the second tankful for it to throw some numbers on efficiency, (have to wait and watch)
Yes it's perfectly fine. I guess you've been doing only city drives hence 430. I usually get the same for city driving and 550-600 for highway drives.
Please stop relying on the DTE for mileage.

Can someone tell me how much do the wheel caps cost per wheel?

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 26th February 2013 at 13:38.
Old 26th February 2013, 14:02   #7749
BHPian

Anyone completed 60K service? What was the service cost and were any particular parts need to be replaced? Bhavana Ford, Navi Mumbai is quoting 11K for the same saying a heating sensor needs to be replaced at 60K.
Old 26th February 2013, 15:24   #7750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Anyone completed 60K service? What was the service cost and were any particular parts need to be replaced? Bhavana Ford, Navi Mumbai is quoting 11K for the same saying a heating sensor needs to be replaced at 60K.
60 k servicing, with standard replacement of air/ oil filter will be around 5000- 6000. In addition, I changed the brake shoe and the oils sump(which had suffered damage due to the touchings. Thanks to the GC of the vehicle). Fellow bhpian figo_mba also had undergone 60k servicing and he also had mentioned the cost in the same range. The heating sensor was not changed in my case neither do I remember anyone else mentioning about the same. You'd rather check up.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 19:01   #7751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
You'd rather check up.
Thanks! Dhanushmenon. I'll check whether the manual lists this. I'll also cross check with service centers in Mumbai/Thane.
Old 26th February 2013, 21:30   #7752
Senior - BHPian

A DIY I did over the weekend with some Carbon Fiber Vinyl.

Different stages of experimenting on what looked best and what I was finally left with.
The first step was with black insulation tape which actually did not look bad , but I knew will not last , hence ordered the vinyl.
Since it was a DIY, I ended up with lot of bubbles and folds which I finally reduced a bit with the help of a hair dryer. The effect of the hair dryer was that it reduced the adhesive strength which ended up with some parts flapping in the wind after a drive.
Hence, to keep it clean, I left only the big uncut strips on and pulled out the rest which were small patches of vinyl which kept getting un-stuck.

There is no particular order of the snaps loaded. The last couple of pictures is what it is now.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img527.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img529.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img519.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img526.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img524.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img531.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img530.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 26th February 2013 at 21:41. Reason: typo
Old 26th February 2013, 21:53   #7753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Check and see what the manual has to say at 60K. I wouldnt change anything until its absolutely required.
Old 27th February 2013, 03:23   #7754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Can someone tell me how much do the wheel caps cost per wheel?
The new wheel cap for the figo are 884/- per wheel.
neofromcapone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 08:31   #7755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Got my second service done/completed today.

Steering column replaced a second time
Still the problem of steering "dak dak dak" noise while taking extreme turns on rough roads persists. After replacing steering columns twice one mechanic claimed that this was a common issue in fiesta and figo.

All ok apart from the irritating steering noise.

P.S: 1.0 ltr Ecosport standing in the yard was an unexpected surprise
if you hear the dak dak sound with steering at full right or left and movement --- it just about adjusting the balancer .... if you look at the bottom below the engine there are 2 hook-like-thing that can be seen along balancing rod area ... they need to be aligned. Thats what they did on my figo and it solves the problem.
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks