Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 01:41   #9241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
I've got the exact same problem with my 2 year old Figo. What did the A.S.S have to say about your horn? Did they replace the horn or just fixed something?

Also if at all a new horn has to be fitted, would it be covered under warranty?
The horn on my Figo gave away before 10k kms! Got it checked at the service centre where they only repaired it stating there was a tuning issue. In a few weeks it stopped working again, this time when I was at Nashik! I was furious and got an after market horn fitted which is working fine since! No issues with warranty as the service centre guys don't realize the change since there are no wiring changes.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 03:25   #9242
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Faced the same problem in our 35K run 2010 Figo TDCI. I was speaking to my dad yesterday and he mentioned the same problem. While driving suddenly the gear got stuck and he was not able to shift. The car was towed away to the service center.
Got updates from dad that the car is repaired now and service center charged him Rs. 700 for the repair work of 1 day.
Old 19th April 2014, 05:44   #9243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
The horn on my Figo gave away before 10k kms!
I had this issue before 2 years. It was tuned and no issues after that. I guess it is a tuning issue, get it checked again. I am very happy with Figo OEM horn compared to Swift. I have gone for a after market fitment for Swift as with OEM no one in the road bothers.
Old 19th April 2014, 12:21   #9244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I had this issue before 2 years. It was tuned and no issues after that. I guess it is a tuning issue, get it checked again. I am very happy with Figo OEM horn compared to Swift. I have gone for a after market fitment for Swift as with OEM no one in the road bothers.
Guess you have the dual horn setup which comes as OEM pre 2012 batch. Now Figo comes with a single horn which sounds too weak that even a two wheeler horn sounds better compare to that.
Old 21st April 2014, 10:09   #9245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Got updates from dad that the car is repaired now and service center charged him Rs. 700 for the repair work of 1 day.
Changing the bush in my car took hardly half an hour at PVS Ford, Kannur. It cost the same, 692/- to be exact.
Old 21st April 2014, 11:41   #9246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
I had a doubt..Is Mars Red exactly the same color as the Ecosport one or is the difference clearly visible? In the pictures it looks a bit different..Not seen one in the flesh as yet...Thanks
Saw the Mars red Figo & a mars red Ecosport side by side, they were getting washed at a workshop (Tolichowki, Hyderabad) & they look the same.

There may be a very slight difference but I could not notice it. I did check them from a close distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
No, it should not stay on that long. Do you follow the normal practice of switching on? I mean turn the key to first slot, wait till the 4 chimes are over, then start the engine? If yes, the E Oil light should go off immediately after starting.

Do check your Engine Oil level using the dipstick on a cold engine.
I checked the engine oil level using the dipstick on a cold engine & the level is normal.

Took it to the service station & the SA said its working ok, the issue is once the engine is hot this does not happen. The delay in the engine oil indicator flashing late on ignition & going off after engine start happens only a cold engine.

Could this be serious?

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 21st April 2014 at 11:46.
Old 24th April 2014, 23:57   #9247
Senior - BHPian

I got the 40,000KM service done.

Service Bill came to Rs 4,059.

This included Parts and Labour

Parts ->

Air Filter
Oil Filter
Engine Oil
Sump Gasket
Spark Plugs (I feel this was a waste ) 400Rs total for this
Brake oil (Huge Waste) - 600Rs for just Dot4 brake oil

Labor cost
Service cost 1,200 + 150 for general consumables and + hamara taxes

Overall, Not bad service, Car was delivered on time washed and clean.

I was advised to change the following ->
Brake pads and Discs.
Decided to push it a bit more as my pads were replaced at 10,000 KM And now at 35,000 - Just 25,000 KM Pads ? I feel its a bit too early?

The top Brake light (the one on the boot) was fused.
Told them to ignore this for now.
F.A.S.S asked me if I wanted to get this bulb replaced. Cost of the bulb -> Rs 600

I will try and find this bulb outside and fix it myself.
Any Bhpian does this before?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 25th April 2014 at 00:16.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 08:48   #9248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

F.A.S.S asked me if I wanted to get this bulb replaced. Cost of the bulb -> Rs 600

Changing the bulb of the overhead stop lamp is fairly simple. The bulb will cost you around 40-50 bucks. It just involves carefully wrenching out the entire assembly. I guess the manual has instructions on how to do this.
Old 25th April 2014, 11:34   #9249
BHPian

Quote:

I was advised to change the following ->
Brake pads and Discs.
Decided to push it a bit more as my pads were replaced at 10,000 KM And now at 35,000 - Just 25,000 KM Pads ? I feel its a bit too early?
You changed your brake pads at 10K? Any particular reason? I have a ZXI with 23K and noise in the front when I brake - I asked the guys to check and they told me pads are thinning but should be okay till the next service which is the 30 or 40K service. There are small markings on the disks I was told and that it should be okay to run for another 10k or so with them - then replace both pads and disks if the noise does not go away (when braking) after first replacing the pads.
Incidentally, one (out of 4) of the bolts (for lack of a better word) in the section which holds the rear brakes together was missing in my latest service and they replaced it. Do these bolts just fall off like that? There were no tell-tale signs that it was abused.
Old 25th April 2014, 13:54   #9250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Changing the bulb of the overhead stop lamp is fairly simple. The bulb will cost you around 40-50 bucks. It just involves carefully wrenching out the entire assembly. I guess the manual has instructions on how to do this.
Manual does not have instructions. I have done this myself, so here are the instructions.

1. Open hatch (duh!!)
2. Remove the 2 round black rubber covers you see at the top - they cover 2 holes. See pic.
3. Take a long screw driver, and stick it in the holes, while shining a torch in it
4. Press the screwdriver in, until you can feel/see that it hits a metal clip
5. Press the metal clip in while pushing the HMSL outwards - that will open the whole assembly once you do it on both sides. A bit of brute force is needed here.
6. Take out the bulb, go to local spares shop, buy new bulb, fix it in place (how many T-BHPians does it take to screw in a light bulb?!?! )
7. Re-assemble
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20140425_091631.jpg  

KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 15:23   #9251
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at picking up a used 2012 Ford Figo Diesel Titanium done about 10k on the odo. The guy's asking 5.5L. What do you reckon I should offer?
Old 25th April 2014, 20:08   #9252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
You changed your brake pads at 10K? Any particular reason? I have a ZXI with 23K and noise in the front when I brake - I asked the guys to check and they told me pads are thinning but should be okay till the next service which is the 30 or 40K service. There are small markings on the disks I was told and that it should be okay to run for another 10k or so with them - then replace both pads and disks if the noise does not go away (when braking) after first replacing the pads.
Incidentally, one (out of 4) of the bolts (for lack of a better word) in the section which holds the rear brakes together was missing in my latest service and they replaced it. Do these bolts just fall off like that? There were no tell-tale signs that it was abused.
It was replaced under warranty at 10,000 KM as my car was one of the earlier batch of Figo's. It had a very noisy brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Manual does not have instructions. I have done this myself, so here are the instructions.
Thank you Alpha, I will give it a try during the weekend. The Manual mentions a W16W bulb. I am guessing this is a 16W bulb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Looking at picking up a used 2012 Ford Figo Diesel Titanium done about 10k on the odo. The guy's asking 5.5L. What do you reckon I should offer?
Check the Car Vin no and validate if this is really a 2012 car and check the vehicle history with the ASS to make sure there were no accidents or major repairs done to the car.
Something around 5L would be really sweet, If the owner doesn't agree then Settle for 5.1-5.2L
Old 25th April 2014, 20:25   #9253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It was replaced under warranty at 10,000 KM as my car was one of the earlier batch of Figo's. It had a very noisy brakes.

Thank you Alpha, I will give it a try during the weekend. The Manual mentions a W16W bulb. I am guessing this is a 16W bulb.

Check the Car Vin no and validate if this is really a 2012 car and check the vehicle history with the ASS to make sure there were no accidents or major repairs done to the car.
Something around 5L would be really sweet, If the owner doesn't agree then Settle for 5.1-5.2L
I think the car checks out okay, shouldn't be a problem, but will visit the center anyway. This is bangalore mate, 5L and I probably have to steal it!
Old 27th April 2014, 01:17   #9254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Today I tried my level best and it wouldn't budge! All I managed to do was make a small ding and scratch near the hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-fig.jpg  

Old 27th April 2014, 20:05   #9255
Distinguished - BHPian

So I just picked up the figo. A 2012 titanium diesel. Any tips and tricks for a first time figo driver?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks