Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2013, 12:00   #7831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post

Thanks!!.

Its comprehensive only.
The vehicle's IDV is quoted as 438534/- and this is from New India assurance.

Yes i do got the above 10k quote from Bajaj alliance online quote.
It offers one more quote with a premium of 8316/- where i need to pay 2.5k on own damage claim.
You have to opt comprehensive insurance only that covers own damage also.

Comprehensive Insurance comes with or without zero depreciation. If you opt zero depreciation policy, the premium increases. But you will be benefited with full claim amount in case of damage to vehicle. Without zero depreciation policy, the premium will be less, but you may have to pay 20% or 30% of claim amount in case of damage to vehicle.

So choose according to your need, convenience & budget.
HighOctane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 23:57   #7832
Senior - BHPian

Re: Strange noise/vibration when making a U-turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey everyone,

I have been noticing this strange sound & mild vibrations whenever I am making a U-turn. Its more prominent in the 2nd gear (say, when one makes a U-turn normally after braking near the turn & shifting to a lower gear), but far less prominent when I am stationary (say, at a red signal) & then start off in the 1st gear.

Its been there for quite a while but I didn't think much of it, but lately, it seems to have increased & I am sure that I am not lugging the engine. I have driven a friend's Figo as well to ensure this & his car didn't make any noises like mine.

I am supposed to go in for my car's 2nd service at the end of this week & thus, would request urgent responses so that I can accordingly take it up with the ASC.
For the above issue, got the calliper pins replaced under warranty. I still felt that there is a hint of noise, but decided not to bother since it was hardly noticeable for now. Hopefully, it wouldn't increase & rather, would turn out to be a figment of my imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Thanks!!.

Its comprehensive only.
The vehicle's IDV is quoted as 438534/- and this is from New India assurance.

Yes i do got the above 10k quote from Bajaj alliance online quote.
It offers one more quote with a premium of 8316/- where i need to pay 2.5k on own damage claim.
Hey buddy,

I see from your garage pictures that your Figo is a 1.4 TDCi ZXi of make year 2012 & seeing that, I would say that the IDV being quoted is too low. What is the IDV on your first year's insurance? I am assuming it would be close to 5.3 lacs & if yes, then the insurance guys are giving you that figure of 4.38 lacs as the new IDV for second year after charging the maximum depreciation of close to 20%. By law, the minimum is 5% & that's what should be deducted from the first year's IDV, which would bring your IDV to about 4.70-4.80 lacs.

Also, the premium seems to be on the higher side i.e. the quote given by your ASC. The NCB attracts a discount of 20% (which is a fixed percentage) & any further discounts are the prerogative of the agent or the ASC who is doing the renewal for you. Just to give you a perspective, the best quote I know of was Rs. 14,400 for a Zero-depreciation renewal from Iffco-Tokio, with an IDV of about 4.74 lacs.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 18:33   #7833
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys here's an update. I used the car again for a few kms on Sunday, with full family. The humming sound was coming at above 40 kmph (could not drive faster than 50). People at the rear felt it was coming from the rear, while we at the front felt it was from the front.

I took the car again to work on Monday, and this time, the sound was pronounced. Even after accelerating to 80 and letting the car glide in neutral, the sound was audible, confirming my suspicion of the wheel bearing.

So I took it for a spin to Mody Ford today. They took me on a small TD and immediately identified it as a noise from the left rear wheel bearing. When I asked how could this issue crop up at 5200 kms on the odo, the S.A. said it is possible that the car was driven at a high speed over a pothole or scraped against something.

They said they would replace it free of charge under warranty--costs around 5 k for the rear and a lot less if it were the front one. I will be getting it done this weekend.
Guys

I gave my Figo to Mody Ford this morning, and got it back in the afternoon. I took a TD and everything seems fine. To be doubly sure I took a longer route home and took it to a speed of 90 kmph on Necklace Road. Nary a sound, except that of the diesel engine.

Cost was nil. And by the way, it was the right rear wheel's bearing, and not the left that had taken a hit 2 months ago. My son is now redeemend.

The SA said it was certainly a manufacturing defect, and that they had to send the part to Ford Chennai for justifying the free replacement.

I would like to emphasize that it helps a lot in establishing rapport with a couple of SAs. I've done so in the past 6 years of my Fiesta's ownership. I never availed of the pick up and drop facility, but instead visited them always when the car went for service, and also appreciated their work, when due. This has helped me in avoiding hassles on occasions like today. Who knows, they could have easily refused warranty on account of my 185/65 Michellin XM2s. Even Ford Chennai was very helpful in replacing my Fiesta's power steering hose free of charge, though the car was out of its 4th year warranty --helped me save around 5000 bucks then too!
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 18:53   #7834
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for your kind help in giving me those pointers and finally Dad decided to go ahead with the ford figo titanium TDCI. Car delivery is expected by next week friday and the choice of color is diamond white. Did not opt for the celebration edition as I did not find it VFM. Decals at the rear with satnav; reversing sensors and seat covers did not sound very encouraging.
Found the salesman and his knowledge decent, but was unsure why he was insisting on my pay check for registration inspite of producing the PAN card. Did not quite understand the rationale behind the pay slip and registering the car. Went in for car loan from the trusted SBI and have initiated the process myself.
Old 7th March 2013, 19:52   #7835
BHPian

Got my Figo TDCi serviced (30k km) at Saluga Ford Chandigarh for 6240/-. The unjustified cost component was the diesel fuel heater. Just because Ford decided to change the Fuel filter unit design I have to pay an extra 1k for it. Otherwise, the service was a breeze and I am satisfied, they do a much better job then Bhagat Ford Chandigarh.
Old 7th March 2013, 23:22   #7836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Features that I love in the Figo:

- If your in a call and you turn off the key, the head unit remains connected till you disconnect the call. Many times I have reached my destination and forget I was on a call and remove the key. The head unit stays on till i finish the call and will turn off automatically after a few mins.
Good ones highlighted Vid. Another one that I like is around locking with the boot open. At times when you need to carry stuff out of the boot and hands are full. You can lock the car with boot open, but it is not acknowledged till after the boot is closed. Once its closed then the indicators blinks and the inside light also turns off.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 00:04   #7837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Thanks all for your kind help in giving me those pointers and finally Dad decided to go ahead with the ford figo titanium TDCI.
Congrats !!! Your Dad has selected VFM car.

Quote:
Did not opt for the celebration edition as I did not find it VFM. Decals at the rear with satnav; reversing sensors and seat covers did not sound very encouraging.
You can ask dealer for free reverse sensors, Art leather seat covers, floor/boot mats & mudflaps. I got these as freebies. The decals on celebration edition is not upto everyones taste.
Old 8th March 2013, 07:40   #7838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
You can ask dealer for free reverse sensors, Art leather seat covers, floor/boot mats & mudflaps. I got these as freebies. The decals on celebration edition is not upto everyones taste.
Thanks Mate and congrats on your deal which sounds very sweet. Did you get the scratch card/memo where you send the UCN number to Ford for additional discount? Dad managed to pick up 10K voucher which he then had a choice of either going in for accessories or cash discount. He chose the latter though.

Dealer has told me that he will provide the floor/boot mats and mudflaps. Additionally scruff plates & Car Cover is also being thrown in and am keen to get a set of those pedals installed.

Forgot to mention that the 3rd year Service Warranty was provided free of cost.

Did you get the UCN number and then decide to go in for reverse sensors & Art Leather Seat Covers? Having used Art Leather am not a big fan but I can settle for Fabric seat Covers?

Last edited by ku69rd : 8th March 2013 at 07:44.
Old 8th March 2013, 08:51   #7839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Got my Figo TDCi serviced (30k km) at Saluga Ford Chandigarh for 6240/-. The unjustified cost component was the diesel fuel heater. Just because Ford decided to change the Fuel filter unit design I have to pay an extra 1k for it. Otherwise, the service was a breeze and I am satisfied, they do a much better job then Bhagat Ford Chandigarh.
Change in Fuel Filter unit design? What is the change about?

I also got my March 2011 Figo TDCi serviced(30K km) a couple of months back. The total bill was 4500/- including the Fuel filter charges.
Old 8th March 2013, 12:50   #7840
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get the UCN number and then decide to go in for reverse sensors & Art Leather Seat Covers? Having used Art Leather am not a big fan but I can settle for Fabric seat Covers?
I bought the car in June 2012 and the dealer offered me only free accessories for 15k and I chose reverse parking sensors, Art leather seat covers, mudflaps, floor/boot mats.

Some people donot like Leather seats or Artificial Leather seats as they sweat during long drives. Hence fabric seats are better choice as there is breathing in the seat.

The art leather fit and finish on Figo seats will come good and it depends on the quality of the cover. Here is my car's artificial leather seat covers. The picture quality is bit poor with light shade due to camera mobile.
Attached Images

HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 13:09   #7841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
I bought the car in June 2012 and the dealer offered me only free accessories for 15k and I chose reverse parking sensors, Art leather seat covers, mudflaps, floor/boot mats.

Some people donot like Leather seats or Artificial Leather seats as they sweat during long drives. Hence fabric seats are better choice as there is breathing in the seat.

The art leather fit and finish on Figo seats will come good and it depends on the quality of the cover. Here is my car's artificial leather seat covers. The picture quality is bit poor with light shade due to camera mobile.
Hey those are some nice leathers. Did not realise that they were ART leather when I first saw them. Your car felt pretty premium to me when I checked it out.

Mahesh sir you can go for the fabric covers. I have not yet opted for any covers other than what came with the car since 2 years as most of the plastics are still intact The original seats fabric is pretty good and has zero stains in mine. You should try to get the reverse parking sensors as they would be a boon in Bangalore's tight spaces.

You can leave out the floor and boot mats as 3D Kagu mats are far better than that.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 19:05   #7842
BHPian

Hi,

My Figo TDCi is hit by a Fiesta from the back. I gave it for repair and the total cost estimation given by the workshop (MPL chennai) is 41K approx. The labor charge is 25K and parts cost is 15K. The damage is on back door, bumper and the panel inside the bumper.

I felt the cost is in a higher side. Want to check if any of you came across similar repair work and estimation.

You can see the pictures of the damage in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3056188

The car is 1.5 years old now. Is labor charge is covered 100% by insurance?

Regards
Deva

Last edited by r_devakumar : 8th March 2013 at 19:12. Reason: Added the paint cost
Old 10th March 2013, 01:38   #7843
BHPian

Will the Figo Petrol alternator support
2 amplifiers (4channel and 2channel) and a Carputer which will draw 350wats of current in addition to 100/90 lights with relay and stock fog lights + AC + Wiper all at the same time ?

Whats the ampere rating for the Figos Alternator ?
Old 10th March 2013, 03:04   #7844
Senior - BHPian

The diesel Figo's alternator is rated at 120A, however, the petrol version would most certainly have a lower rated alternator. My guess is approximately 60A-70A.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Will the Figo Petrol alternator support
2 amplifiers (4channel and 2channel) and a Carputer which will draw 350wats of current in addition to 100/90 lights with relay and stock fog lights + AC + Wiper all at the same time ?

Whats the ampere rating for the Figos Alternator ?
Old 10th March 2013, 10:41   #7845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Hi,

My Figo TDCi is hit by a Fiesta from the back. I gave it for repair and the total cost estimation given by the workshop (MPL chennai) is 41K approx. The labor charge is 25K and parts cost is 15K. The damage is on back door, bumper and the panel inside the bumper.

I felt the cost is in a higher side. Want to check if any of you came across similar repair work and estimation.

Regards
Deva
I knew Ford's maintenance was always on the higher side. But I did not expect this. Our Vento took a similar hit a year back. Rear bumper replaced. Boot denting & Painting done. Total bill on the lower side of 20K.

25K is a total ripoff. Let me get this straight. A service mechanic would earn around 10-12K a month. Are you suggesting the repair (which does not look like a major one) needs 2 months for a person to get done? The reasonable service sharge is 2.5K not 25K.
BTW do post some more pics of the accident.
oxyzen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks