Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 15:35   #331
Senior - BHPian

Hope the figo is not very exp to maintain... from what i am told the fiesta isint hope the trend cont.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:38   #332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I was just pointing out a fact. I'm not saying the car is bad. We just have to see how the spares are priced. I don't think they will be able to match Maruti, Hyundai & Tata.
I get your concern, but the current day fact is how Ford has been working hard on pricing its spares inline with the segment in which it operates. There are flyers in the dealerships which compare the spare part costs for the Ikon bang with the Dzire from Maruti, and they are pretty much balanced, is what i would say.

With the level of localisation they have aimed with this offerring, i believe spares would be priced at par with the others from the same segment.

I do not now for sure about the cost of Fiesta spares in comparision to say the Verna, or the Linea.
Old 12th February 2010, 16:31   #333
BHPian

Quote:
I was just pointing out a fact. I'm not saying the car is bad. We just have to see how the spares are priced. I don't think they will be able to match Maruti, Hyundai & Tata.
Infact some of the spares are cheaper in teh segment. For example the bumpers of Ikon is chepaer than Dzire.
Old 12th February 2010, 16:40   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well it is indeed a discontinued model with a facelift.

What have they done to tropicalize it, other than remove some of the options available in Europe and add a few cosmetic mods.
All of the car designers reuse proven platforms, it not a big deal. Forget cars even in IT field lot of the codes developed are reused in on form or the other …courtesy Google
New platform cost lot of money which in turn is results in higher cost of production. To offset cost platforms are shared /reused.

Some of the macro level changes involved while tropicalisation are raised suspension setup, ECU mapping to cope up with low/poor quality fuel, adjusting transmission ratio, augmented engine Cooling systems & Air conditioning System. Better noise insulation to cancel road noise.

Setting up a vendor base supply the right parts at a right cost is one of the great challenges during localization.
Old 12th February 2010, 16:42   #335
BHPian

Ford equals 'expensive maintainence' to common man, and this is bound to affect initial sales figures of Figo. If the figo maintainence does turn out cheaper, say in a year or two from now, then word-of-mouth opinions will spread and figo will be looked upon with kinder eyes.
I definitely see a initial lag in sales of Figo.

Last edited by WindRide : 12th February 2010 at 16:46.
Old 12th February 2010, 17:11   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats purely a perception mate if you say the Ford spares are still expensive like it was 4 years back! You need to take a look at the ownership reviews by Ford owners here to see the real stats.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:12   #337
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Thats purely a perception mate if you say the Ford spares are still expensive like it was 4 years back! You need to take a look at the ownership reviews by Ford owners here to see the real stats.
That's good news. Not because I'm interested in the Figo but was thinking of the Fiesta or Linea. Working on calculating the cost of ownership of both the cars and spares is a major factor. Good that Ford is taking the market seriously now.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:32   #338
BHPian

Quote:
That's good news. Not because I'm interested in the Figo but was thinking of the Fiesta or Linea. Working on calculating the cost of ownership of both the cars and spares is a major factor. Good that Ford is taking the market seriously now.
I can vouch that maintenance of Ford is very high than competing products although there could be 10% difference between products(+/-). But you will face bad dealers in every brand and have to be careful and knowledgeable when dealing. You being a BHPian are already equipped to handle them
Old 12th February 2010, 18:55   #339
BHPian

Ford has been recently advertising cost of spares and ownership as compared to other brands. And has shown lowest cost of spares - so the perception needs to change.

In any case the Figo is 85% local parts and even the engine assembly is in Chennai - so expect lower costs overall.
Old 12th February 2010, 19:14   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
I can vouch that maintenance of Ford is very high than competing products although there could be 10% difference between products(+/-).
Is this some typo error? Can u re-confirm please?
Old 12th February 2010, 23:33   #341
BHPian

low cost of spares for the ikon is a marketing gimmick in my opinion. There are numerous posts in the forum telling out horror stories of ikon maitaince at A**, where in one case the cost to change some components like AC & some others were infact about 80% of the on road value of the car at that point in time.
Old 14th February 2010, 22:57   #342
BHPian

I am attaching the spare parts comparison published by Fiat at the time of Linea launch and from that time the prices have come down again for Fiesta. In the sheet there is a big typo. For Fuel pump of Fiesta diesel they mentioned it as 70K where as the actual price is less than 7K.

I do agree that in earlier times the price of spares of Fords were costlier. Even for my earlier Fusion I could smell that. But now it has come down.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SparePartsComparison1.pdf (45.1 KB, 1526 views)
Old 14th February 2010, 23:01   #343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
low cost of spares for the ikon is a marketing gimmick in my opinion. There are numerous posts in the forum telling out horror stories of ikon maitaince at A**, where in one case the cost to change some components like AC & some others were infact about 80% of the on road value of the car at that point in time.
How about pointing us to some recent incidents so we could actually compare?
Old 15th February 2010, 12:16   #344
BHPian

My friend recently met with an accident on Fiesta and his rear bumper ahd to replace and the rpice was 3.5 K and I think for Dzire it is 4.5 K.
Old 15th February 2010, 20:02   #345

Hi Folks,

Ford seems to be gearing up for battle.

Ford India revs up, rolls out 20 dealerships in 1 day - CNBC-TV18 -

Regards

Jai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks