Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 07:37   #466
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
@ Mustang - let me get this straight from horse's mouth.
What exactly is done by Ford to reduce the cost of spare parts.
1. Does it mean the spares were imported earlier and customer's were charged at USD rates?

2. Does it mean spare parts are now manufactured in India and hence cheaper? Does this, by extension, mean the spares are now of an inferior quality since they are locally sourced?!!

Most of the ford parts are now being made in India after adhering to stringent Quality control as their european counterparts. Hence waiver of import duties & cheap labour makes parts very very cheap(only in price & not in quality).

Let me give you a small eg.

In my Ikon, the 12V power socket cover says 'Made in France' totally not required, whereas on my fusion it is made in India.

One more e.g.. , Originally the power steering fluid bottle costs Rs.800 for a moulded piece of plastic & was made in some european country, Hence now its made in India & it costs Rs.100.
Old 25th February 2010, 08:02   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Most of the ford parts are now being made in India after adhering to stringent Quality control as their european counterparts. Hence waiver of import duties & cheap labour makes parts very very cheap(only in price & not in quality).
Unfortunately the Fusion still has most spares imported! The black B pillar covering strips for instance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
One more e.g.. , Originally the power steering fluid bottle costs Rs.800 for a moulded piece of plastic & was made in some european country, Hence now its made in India & it costs Rs.100.
For a moment I thought the cost of the power steering fluid. I was about to say that on my last visit to Metro Ford, it was still 900 for a 1 litre bottle!

Then I re-read and realised you meant the Reservoir! Terminology matters!
Old 25th February 2010, 09:08   #468
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Unfortunately the Fusion still has most spares imported! The black B pillar covering strips for instance!
!
Yes the Fusion has imported parts & about 50% of them, however the figo will have 90 % localized parts.
Old 25th February 2010, 09:42   #469
Senior - BHPian

Saw the ad in today's TOI, it will be interesting to see how this car will be accepted here. With the introduction of Beat and Polo, ford needs to do some extra ordinary marketing to sell even 1000 cars per month. We customers have many choice now, that's good!
Old 25th February 2010, 10:49   #470
BHPian

Thanks to Nut Case, saw the Figo in Nandanam showroom, Chennai.

Had the flagship green color or Squeeze as they call it, they had the Titanium Petrol variant for display.

Exterior: Looks good, not funky but pleasing to the eye, looks like a big car and nice contours
Inside the Car:
Seats are really good, not soft not too firm, with shoulder suppor kinda like a race car seat, i am 6'2'' and got into the car real easy, however the front driver seat has to be pushed back all the way. Seating position gives a good allround view, coral colored dash is not that bad actually, rear seats have good head room, ample leg support for avg height, the thigh support is not there for tall ppl and tall ppl in the rear with front seats pushed far back will struggle a bit.
Low end variants will have a black dash instead of coral red, and another option is Ebony ( sort of beige)
Boot space is plenty and the remote boot switch is nice, tope end has a boot light also.
The salesperson quoted the Zxi/ titanium price OTR abt 5.5 lacs, so tats inviting

Test drive starts from mar 1st and mar 5the prices will be made official.

I liked the car, better than the ones i have seen, its not funky, it looks a bit retro and i hope it fits the bill. if the price is anywhere close to what they mentioned in the showroom.
It will eat a good chunk of the current small car market.
Bookings have begun and the dealership i went already has 30 cars booked, eagerly waiting for the test drive.

@Glifford Sorry No Alloys on the tope end version, neither does it have a tiltable steering. I don't think it requires a tiltabkle steering at all and the tires are 14 inch ones

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2010 at 12:45. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 25th February 2010, 12:04   #471
BHPian

Any ideas when the official prices would be announced? VW Polo was a big dissapointment as I feel that it is too overpriced. Hope Ford does not do that.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:16   #472
BHPian

wow brownish beige (ebony) for lxi exi, black for ZXI, and coral (horrible) red for titanium i like the scheme .why do i have the feeling that the prices of beat will get "BEATEN UP"

i am ready to salute that person who buys this car with coral dashboard and that lemony squeeze green colour

Last edited by Caramelo : 25th February 2010 at 14:19.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:44   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
wow brownish beige (ebony) for lxi exi, black for ZXI, and coral (horrible) red for titanium i like the scheme .why do i have the feeling that the prices of beat will get "BEATEN UP"

i am ready to salute that person who buys this car with coral dashboard and that lemony squeeze green colour
I havent seen picture of the coral dashboard with proper lighting and can not comment on that. But the green color looks good. I am sure there will be good number of Green Figos on road soon.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:46   #474
BHPian

I heard max number of Chevy Beats sold today are in the same Squeeze type of colour.
What has the world come to!
Old 25th February 2010, 15:04   #475
BHPian

Visited The Ford showroom today . The exterior looked good but the interiors were a big turn off , very dull and dark.
The salesman said the the 1.4 TDCi would start from 4.0 Lakhs Ex-showroom.

The Titanium variant is also available without the coral colored dashboard.
It also comes with a 3 year maintaineance package for around 9k as an add-on.

Another thing that i found amusing was that the condenser is located very close to the bumper and would get easily damaged even in case of a minor accident.I made this point to the salesman there but he said this wont happen, as it is protected by the front impact beam.When i went out there was another car on display ,i was surprised to see that the condenser of the display car was indeed damaged.Take a look at the pics.
What do you say ?
On my way back i looked at a number of cars and realised that the condenser was atleast 5-6 inches inside from the bumper ; be it indica,santro,swift,wagon R etc.. Including the fiesta as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-25022010227.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-25022010226.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-25022010224.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-25022010225.jpg  

Last edited by k2max6 : 25th February 2010 at 15:11.
Old 25th February 2010, 15:09   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
@Glifford Sorry No Alloys on the tope end version, 14 inch ones
Not as standard, but since the website shows them, they would be available as an accessory. (Afterall all ads have the standard disclaimed "Accessories shown may not be part of the standard equipment")

You can always get the ones that come on the Fiesta SXI. Or better still get the ones on the 1.6S and fit amazing 195/55R15s on it
Old 25th February 2010, 16:01   #477
BHPian

The Diesel version is 4.0 lakhs ???

Even if its the base version, that is a rocking price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
The salesman said the the 1.4 TDCi would start from 4.0 Lakhs Ex-showroom.
Old 25th February 2010, 16:10   #478
Senior - BHPian

The swift LDI costs 4.7 ex showroom Bangalore, can the base tdci Figo really be 4 L ?
Old 25th February 2010, 17:38   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Visited The Ford showroom today . The exterior looked good but the interiors were a big turn off , very dull and dark.
hmm, interesting.

I'd visited their website earlier today and thought that the interiors actually looked good for the price range of Rs. 4-6L.

Now a personal dekko with the car is in order
Old 25th February 2010, 18:59   #480
BHPian

1.4 lt TDCI 4 lac ex showroom for base diesel daayumm. then the petrol should be even more cheaper wow. thats why no tilt steering and rear power windows.

*it should have best handling among the class after upgrading the tyres to 1.6s spec.
*most fun to drive among the class.
*most fuel efficent in its class ?
*most spacious in the class.
*most luggage space in class.
*a true 5 seater? due to space??

can someone explain about the 6 speed intermitant wiper intermittent wiper i think its only available from zxi variant. is it something special?

i am starting to like it. i am game for this baby. i will ignore that fact thats its just the good old fiesta hatchback with new kinetic design facelift. buy then again its a good old "fiesta hatch". plus i don't need a boot. also starting to like the green color naah. black is the one for me!.

Last edited by Caramelo : 25th February 2010 at 19:05.

Most Viewed