Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 19:26   #451
BHPian

what i like about figo.

* spaceious
* gives you big car feel.
* it should be reasonably priced.
* it is after all the fiesta hatch. (fun to drive)
* GTO, says it does not feel cheap so it must be good, even better interior than fiesta?
* the diesel engine is the one to look out for.

what i don't like.

*no tilt steering.
*no rear power windows.
* its an old hatch given a facelift. but you can argue the same about he punto too. its a 2005 model. but we have so many fans here on team bhp. only difference here is that punto is a good looker and figo is more of a practical hatch.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:57   #452
BHPian

Can any Ford owners comment on the maintenance/A-S-S/Spares cost of Ford? I have heard that it is pretty expensive to maintain compared with Maruti/Tata/Hyundai.
Old 24th February 2010, 20:27   #453
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Can any Ford owners comment on the maintenance/A-S-S/Spares cost of Ford? I have heard that it is pretty expensive to maintain compared with Maruti/Tata/Hyundai.
It Certaily was, now its certainly comparable. some spares cost have even reduced to 1/10 of their original cost. & Figo parts are on par with the swift
Old 24th February 2010, 20:33   #454
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo Website is up

The Figo website is up today. I have attached the Brochure and the Tech Spec.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-tech-spec.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Figo.pdf (534.9 KB, 1048 views)
Old 24th February 2010, 21:22   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
It Certaily was, now its certainly comparable. some spares cost have even reduced to 1/10 of their original cost. & Figo parts are on par with the swift
@ Mustang - let me get this straight from horse's mouth.
What exactly is done by Ford to reduce the cost of spare parts.
1. Does it mean the spares were imported earlier and customer's were charged at USD rates?

2. Does it mean spare parts are now manufactured in India and hence cheaper? Does this, by extension, mean the spares are now of an inferior quality since they are locally sourced?!!
Old 24th February 2010, 21:45   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
The Figo website is up today. I have attached the Brochure and the Tech Spec.
the weight is provided in the steering section instead of under dimensions and weights.
Old 24th February 2010, 21:48   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
the weight is provided in the steering section instead of under dimensions and weights.

Steering type is Hydraulic power assisted. There is no separate section for the weight. Hope they (Ford) will correct it.
Old 24th February 2010, 21:48   #458
BHPian

Went to the Nandanam showroom and they were getting the car ready for tomorrow's launch. They wouldn't let me get into the car at first but with a little persuasion i managed to see the inside.

Initial thoughts (will take a more detailed look next week)
  • Looks good from outside but nothing which catches your eye.
  • Very low car compared to today's tall boys
  • Head room is less and might be a problem for taller people
  • Very good visibility from inside( Can be a negative as it is a low car and everybody around you can look into your car especially from all the taller cars )
  • Fit and finish is good but not impressive
  • The feel of the car inside is more utilitarian and not luxurious as in the BEAT (The plastics in the BEAT are better)
  • More shoulder room than most small cars
  • Drivers seat of the BEAT is more comfortable
  • Driving position is better in FIGO because of the low dashboard and wide glass area and nicely positioned steering wheel and column.
  • Getting in and out of the car is very comfortable even though it is a low car (steering column doesn't hit your knees as you get in or out)
Somehow the FIGO makes me think of it as a Larger and more comfortable Maruti 800(don't know why)!
Old 24th February 2010, 21:52   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post

There is no separate section for the weight. .
take a look at the title of the first section
Old 24th February 2010, 21:56   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
take a look at the title of the first section
Yep. I stand corrected. I realized immediately after posting my comments.
Old 24th February 2010, 22:41   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Drivers seat of the BEAT is more comfortable
I drove Beat and I am 6+ feet. Very diffiicult to drive as my leg was always touching the steering wheel and compund switch on the steering column. This used to happen with Zen, 800 and Alto.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th February 2010 at 09:43. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 24th February 2010, 23:37   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnjai View Post
NUTcase, I am not very clear about the size differences.

Why these two figured in my selection was that we needed a big hatch, a safe hatch, at a budget. Unfortunately the Figo seemed big, that is where the confusion arose. The UVA also has ABS and driver side airbags and so it scored over the Getz.

I don't know if this is making sense to you all, but there it is.
Debnjai, If you need a big ,safe hatch at a budget, you have to forget about all the newer cars and look only at the older premium hatches of Getz,Palio,Uva and Fusion all of which are being phased out slowly.

The Wheelbase is determined by the position of the wheels and in the FIGO the wheels are pushed to the corners thereby giving it a longer wheelbase.

You have pointed out that the FIGO looks and feels smaller than the UVA even though the numbers say otherwise. So you know the numbers don't mean much. You have to sit in a car and see for yourself.

I20 is the newer Getz. Likewise Uva which is the hatch version of the Aveo sedan is also getting a new 2011-2012 avatar as the New Aveo. Fusion is a good car but again it is being phased out.
So you have to decide if you want a bigger old car which will lose its market value fast or go for a smaller newer car !
Decide your budget and see all the cars that come into the bracket and decide which is the best car for you .

BTW why don't you have a look at the new VW POLO. I think you should be looking at the "WHAT CAR" section of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post

I drove Beat and I am 6+ feet. Very diffiicult to drive as my leg was always touching the steering wheel and compund switch on the steering column. This used to happen with Zen, 800 and Alto.
I said" The drivers seat of a BEAT is more comfortable" as in, the seat is more comfortable to sit in. I was not talking about the driving position. If u read the very next point i have mentioned you will understand.
  • "Driving position is better in FIGO because of the low dashboard and wide glass area and nicely positioned steering wheel and column".

Last edited by -NUT-case : 24th February 2010 at 23:38.
Old 25th February 2010, 00:08   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
@ Mustang - let me get this straight from horse's mouth.
What exactly is done by Ford to reduce the cost of spare parts.
1. Does it mean the spares were imported earlier and customer's were charged at USD rates?

2. Does it mean spare parts are now manufactured in India and hence cheaper? Does this, by extension, mean the spares are now of an inferior quality since they are locally sourced?!!
I believe ford has begun localizing their cars. This means that instead of having various parts imported from other countries where the car is sold in, they now have found reliable manufacturers for the same parts in India itself, thus reducing their cost.
This by no way means that the spares will be of inferior quality, as it is the consumer (ford), who defines the requirements to the manufacturer of the spare parts.
Hyundai, Maruti, Toyota and other big companies also manufacture their spares in India to save on costs, and are in no way unreliable.

@chncar: We have owned 3 fords in the past - 2 Ikons and 1 Fiesta.
Let me tell you that the spare prices costs have only been reducing. When the Ikon was launched, some spares were expensive, but with the fiesta, the spare prices have come down reasonably, though not at Maruti levels.
In fact, suman, another fiesta owner, who has completed 95Kkm on his petrol fiesta has a running cost of Rs 0.30-0.40/km. This means he has spend less than Rs40,000 taking care of his car - services, oil changes, filter changes and what not, over a period of 95,000km.
I expect the prices of spares to become cheaper in the future, though it will cost more to maintain than a Maruti.
At the same time, also do remember, that Fords are built tough and can handle more abuse than a Maruti or Hyundai would be able to take, so the extra money is justified in the way the car has been built.
Old 25th February 2010, 03:05   #464
BHPian

This months ACI confidential says that Ford has delayed announcing the price of the Figo because its taken aback by the pricing of the Beat & the Polo and is reconsidering the price points it wants to pitch the Polo at.
Ford is apparently committed to making the Figo the most VFM car in the segment.
This great hatchback war.... I AM LOVING IT
Old 25th February 2010, 07:35   #465
BHPian

The first press ad of the Figo (Link):

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-ad.jpg

Last page (bottom right corner) of the TOI here in Bangalore!

Notice the neat looking alloy wheels! (remind me of the new Innova alloys)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks