Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 17:29   #7816
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Am deliberating if the 3rd year coverage is actually necessary because of the following 2 reasons

Thanks Vidyut for your kind help and also would there be a thread where we can identify the VIN Number Vis a Vis its manufacturing date?
3rd year warranty is an absolute must. If anything were to go wrong you will easily make up that amount in the part replacement. Don't think twice about it. Ford is no Toyota when it comes to reliability.

Besides, the 3rd year extended warranty is like 6-8K right? Then it is worth it anyday.

VIN decoding thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post2249672 (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
Old 5th March 2013, 17:32   #7817
BHPian

Quote:
Vidyut,
Titanium is the version that am keen on getting as this would be in for a long time. So spending that extra lil 50K felt it as justified considering the safety features it incorporates (ABS w EBD & Airbags).

Regarding the tire size, yep the upsize 185/65 would give a 7.5 mm advantage over the stock one as it stands taller.

Am deliberating if the 3rd year coverage is actually necessary because of the following 2 reasons
a) Car would be primarily be limited to city usage, decision to go for diesel car is because of its drivability and driving in bumper-bumper traffic
b) After reading through many threads and one of my friend's car felt its not absolutely needed. (to be read as reliability)

Flick-ability a term generally reserved for motorcycles, can be considered for Figo because of its steering response and chassis handling.

Thanks Vidyut for your kind help and also would there be a thread where we can identify the VIN Number Vis a Vis its manufacturing date?
Good to see you giving consideration to safety features. I bought a Titanium in Jan 2013 and have a complete satisfying experience in terms of FE, drivability, handling and mile munching capability of figo in the city as well as on highways

I opted for the 3rd year warrant !!

For the Vin and manufacturing thread please refer :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html
Old 5th March 2013, 17:34   #7818
BHPian

Quote:
would there be a thread where we can identify the VIN Number Vis a Vis its manufacturing date?
hi ku69rd,
we have a one stop thread for all your VIN no. requirement in t-bhp, check out Wildons thread below
Good luck with the booking process.

cheers,
D
Old 5th March 2013, 17:42   #7819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
But I have scraped the front mudflaps around 200 times. They give the impression that the clearance is lower than it really is.
+1 to you Vidyut
I have scraped my front mudflaps so many times that finally one day front right side mudflap broke & left exactly half of what it was.

From that day there is no scraping on speed breakers & I deliberately did not replace it with a new one.

For the rear power windows... I dont remember anyone from my family rolling down rear windows from last 2 cars that I have owned + I use A.C 100% so never really felt rear power windows missing or deal breaker.

Almost done 28k on my Figo now & really appreciate the kind of small but so many useful/smart features Ford has given in this car & that is why I call it Value For Money!
ajnagpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 18:11   #7820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Features that I love in the Figo:

- If your in a call and you turn off the key, the head unit remains connected till you disconnect the call. Many times I have reached my destination and forget I was on a call and remove the key. The head unit stays on till i finish the call and will turn off automatically after a few mins.
- low fuel warning at 79kms, 39kms, 19kms. Very useful. Also as soon as you step into the car and insert key it will show you the range (distance to empty) for a few secs before going back to trip or odo.
- 6 speed intermittent wiper and courtesy wipe after few secs. Only i20 and Micra have this but no courtesy wipe.
- boot unlock from remote itself. Not all cars have this and it's an awesome feature.
- If you forget to turn off headlights or fog lights and remove the key, all lights turn off as well except for parking lights.
- lane change indicator. useful when quickly changing lanes.
- door locking at 15kmph and it relocks if you stop at a light for someone to get off.
^^ Spot on.

In addition to the above
- Boot unlocker on the dash is also very convenient. No need to search while entering the mall security check in and no confusion while opening the fuel lid.
- Gear lever position is perfect to operate the headunit.

What is a lane change indicator ?
Old 5th March 2013, 18:24   #7821
BHPian

Quote:
3rd year warranty is an absolute must. If anything were to go wrong you will easily make up that amount in the part replacement. Don't think twice about it. Ford is no Toyota when it comes to reliability.

Besides, the 3rd year extended warranty is like 6-8K right? Then it is worth it anyday.

VIN decoding thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post2249672 (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
I have been quoted a 4th year extended warranty for 5.6k, not sure how the 3rd year is more?
Old 5th March 2013, 18:59   #7822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

What is a lane change indicator ?
If we gently tap the indicator stalk rather then pushing it further down for left /right indicators, the indicators blink thrice.

This is pretty helpful while driving to indicate that we intend to change lanes
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 22:37   #7823
Senior - BHPian

All this brouhaha about lack of power windows at the rear is baloney. How often does one roll down the glasses in an AC car?

In fact, the power windows at the rear were used so seldom on my Fiesta that one of them stopped going down smoothly after 2 years. It was replaced under warranty, but I am trying to illustrate the point that this is a feature that is used very rarely, and hence should not be a show stopper.

As regards extended warranty, I paid only Rs 3550 for the 3rd year warranty soon after delivery. Have the rates been jacked up?

As regards lane change indicator, I miss it on my Fiesta. The Figo has pampered me with this feature.

Last edited by vnabhi : 5th March 2013 at 22:38.
Old 5th March 2013, 23:40   #7824
BHPian

I agree with vnabhi, it exactly isn't a showstopper but i hope this "jugaad" doesn't continue. I think the manufacturers are lazy when it comes to the Indian market and i believe figo really deserved to be much more better.

As far as the new celebration edition is concerned, nothing worth celebrating imo. If i do spot it in the showroom when i go and take the delivery of my car (in a week or two), i'll make sure to take a few pictures and post em here .
Old 5th March 2013, 23:50   #7825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I received a mail form Lathangi regarding the 4th year extended warranty:

"The 3rd year Warranty of your Ford Figo 1.2 will expire on April 2013, Price to extend the warranty for 4th year/1,00,000kms is Rs.5,649/- , and for the same details are mentioned below:"

The list of covered items is compelling to go for it. Wanted a 2nd opinion, has anyone in this forum extended it to the 4th year?
Could you upload the image file if possible? Or if it's a text mail, could you post what all are covered in the 4th year warranty. When I had checked with a couple of A.S.S. a month back, they confirmed that Ford had started issuing 4th year warranty for Figo but quoted ~9.5K for the same. So I guess, that amount is for a new car to extend the warranty from the factory warranty of 2 years for an additional 2 years, the amount you had quoted above is for a car with an existing 3rd year extended warranty and wants to extend the same for an additional year. The price seems reasonable now. Need to check what all are covered in this 4th year warranty.

Damn, I was planning on upgrading my tires to 185s since my 3rd year warranty is ending this September. Now I have to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have been quoted a 4th year extended warranty for 5.6k, not sure how the 3rd year is more?
When I bought my car in Aug 2010, the 3rd year warranty was 5K odd, certainly was not above 6K. If it's higher than the 4th year warranty, then I think it's because it covers more parts in that period. I'm just guessing, I might be wrong.

Last edited by jayded : 5th March 2013 at 23:53.
Old 6th March 2013, 11:13   #7826
BHPian

Guy, Need your advice. My car's second year insurance is on due on March 14th. Dealer (Chennai Ford) is quoting 12489/- after deducting NCB. Is this is a reasonable quoting? I find Bajaj Alliance is quoting 10k. Mine is Figo TDCI ZXI, bought on March 2012.
Old 6th March 2013, 11:23   #7827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Guy, Need your advice. My car's second year insurance is on due on March 14th. Dealer (Chennai Ford) is quoting 12489/- after deducting NCB. Is this is a reasonable quoting? I find Bajaj Alliance is quoting 10k. Mine is Figo TDCI ZXI, bought on March 2012.
You may have to find from your Ford dealer, if it is zero depreciation policy. If yes, you can opt from the dealer. If no Bajaj Alliance would be better. Also check the vehicle IDV value, if IDV value is taken less, the premium will become less.

Check out online quote from Bajaj Alliance, sometimes online quote will be cheaper than they tell in their office.
Old 6th March 2013, 11:46   #7828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
You may have to find from your Ford dealer, if it is zero depreciation policy. If yes, you can opt from the dealer. If no Bajaj Alliance would be better. Also check the vehicle IDV value, if IDV value is taken less, the premium will become less.

Check out online quote from Bajaj Alliance, sometimes online quote will be cheaper than they tell in their office.
Thanks!!.

Its comprehensive only.
The vehicle's IDV is quoted as 438534/- and this is from New India assurance.

Yes i do got the above 10k quote from Bajaj alliance online quote.
It offers one more quote with a premium of 8316/- where i need to pay 2.5k on own damage claim.
Old 6th March 2013, 11:46   #7829
Senior - BHPian

Just Confirmed the 4th Year Extended Warranty cost for Figo TDCi. Rs.9320/-. And you need to get it before the 3rd year one expires.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 11:48   #7830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Could you upload the image file if possible?
Here you go with the details for the 1.2. It also says labor is free.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-4yearamc.png  

Last edited by sumathindra : 6th March 2013 at 11:49. Reason: edits
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks