Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2013, 20:17   #7846
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
25K is a total ripoff...The reasonable service sharge is 2.5K not 25K.
True, but is not 2.5k unrealistic? The usual charges at Maruti and Hyundai ASCs for denting and painting one side of the bumper alone will be 2.2k. So I would calculate 5k for his bumper, another 6k (guess) for the boot door and another 1.5k (guess) for the inside panel, if it was a Maruti or a Hyundai. But that is just half of what Ford quoted. And if you give the car outside of an ASC, it should come down even further.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 21:32   #7847
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Hi,

My Figo TDCi is hit by a Fiesta from the back. I gave it for repair and the total cost estimation given by the workshop (MPL chennai) is 41K approx. The labor charge is 25K and parts cost is 15K. The damage is on back door, bumper and the panel inside the bumper.

I felt the cost is in a higher side. Want to check if any of you came across similar repair work and estimation.
Despite dearth of competent mechanics & body shops @ my place, I have always done the minor dents/paints at an independent shop, with carefully inspecting everything myself.

On an occasion or two, I gave it to Mahindra ASC (yes, I know it isn't viable for everyone) as the cost & more than that the TIME asked by Ford's ASC put me off.

Find a good garage (body-shop) & get it done. Please do have a look here

Unsure of the insurance part, would suggest ask the insurance adviser. That particular workshop where you would go, should also help in this regard.

Wishing your Car a speedy recovery.
Old 10th March 2013, 21:50   #7848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
True, but is not 2.5k unrealistic?
Probably yes. But that was a way of saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
The usual charges at Maruti and Hyundai ASCs for denting and painting one side of the bumper alone will be 2.2k. So I would calculate 5k for his bumper, another 6k (guess) for the boot door and another 1.5k (guess) for the inside panel, if it was a Maruti or a Hyundai. But that is just half of what Ford quoted. And if you give the car outside of an ASC, it should come down even further.
First of all bumper should never be repaired. It will not have the impact bearing capability if repaired. It should be replaced.
Boot denting & painting: 2.5-3K
Inside Member 1K
Total 5K (approx)
Old 10th March 2013, 22:02   #7849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
The diesel Figo's alternator is rated at 120A, however, the petrol version would most certainly have a lower rated alternator. My guess is approximately 60A-70A.

Drive safe.

Just asked the Service Center head for the alternator output of petrol Figo it is also 120A, Its shared with the diesel figo.

awaiting delivery of my/ Best friends car.

Watch out this space its gonna be something unique.
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 11:29   #7850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Some people donot like Leather seats or Artificial Leather seats as they sweat during long drives. Hence fabric seats are better choice as there is breathing in the seat.
Hmm Thanks for the snap, it appears that I might make the switch over to Fabric Seat Covers when it comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
The original seats fabric is pretty good and has zero stains in mine. You should try to get the reverse parking sensors as they would be a boon in Bangalore's tight spaces.

You can leave out the floor and boot mats as 3D Kagu mats are far better than that.
Thanks mate, You can call me Mahesh. Still 34 so far away from getting into Sir Hood

So would you be using the original seat fabrics still? Can you please let me know the variant you have purchased?
Old 11th March 2013, 11:37   #7851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I knew Ford's maintenance was always on the higher side. But I did not expect this. Our Vento took a similar hit a year back. Rear bumper replaced. Boot denting & Painting done. Total bill on the lower side of 20K.

25K is a total ripoff. Let me get this straight. A service mechanic would earn around 10-12K a month. Are you suggesting the repair (which does not look like a major one) needs 2 months for a person to get done? The reasonable service sharge is 2.5K not 25K.
BTW do post some more pics of the accident.
I was also expecting around 20K based on my previous experience with Wagon R (where the cost is around 12 K for 2 panels). So far i was telling friends that cost of maintenance of my Figo was lesser for the regular service cost, but now i know why every one is telling Ford is costlier to own :(. I don't have any other pictures of the damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Despite dearth of competent mechanics & body shops @ my place, I have always done the minor dents/paints at an independent shop, with carefully inspecting everything myself.

On an occasion or two, I gave it to Mahindra ASC (yes, I know it isn't viable for everyone) as the cost & more than that the TIME asked by Ford's ASC put me off.

Find a good garage (body-shop) & get it done. Please do have a look here

Unsure of the insurance part, would suggest ask the insurance adviser. That particular workshop where you would go, should also help in this regard.

Wishing your Car a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the details. I will check for other options and compare in future. Also, i plan to get more details / suggestion from the insurance and will update if i get any useful details.

I am yet to get the car and will take another two or three days. Will update with final cost details later.
Old 11th March 2013, 15:07   #7852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Thanks mate, You can call me Mahesh. Still 34 so far away from getting into Sir Hood

So would you be using the original seat fabrics still? Can you please let me know the variant you have purchased?
Ah you were conspicuously absent yesterday. RK_sans' surprise did compensate for that although not fully. Need to hear both the RDs in action

Im still using the original fabrics that came with the car. If they ever wear out, then I plan to switch to either ART leather or fabric covers which are much easier to maintain.

I own the 2010 Figo Petrol Zxi variant.

Here's a sample pic of my seat which hasn't been given any detailing for the since october.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-120130311_121135.jpg  

Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 15:09   #7853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Yesterday after driving 10-12 kms, I observed an unusual kind of noise when the revs were exactly @ 1000 RPM. At first it thought that it might be some stick or bush entangled to the wheel but when i stopped and observed, found that the sound was coming from the engine itself. The sound is a sort of friction/rubbing kind, As if a bearing is running without any grease. Its emanating from the area near the pulley/belt/power steering pump. When I started the car today morning, I could not hear the sound. May be it would reappear when the engine heats again. What could be the Issue? I cleaned the engine bay with half bucket of water day before yesterday. Could it be the reason?
Did you figure out the cause? Even I have that sound which comes around 1000RPM only. A.S.S said that its normal and nothing out of ordinary for TDCi diesel engines. My uncle has a Zen with similar sound that come at a particular RPM only. Been 7+ yrs and no issues with the car or engine though the sound still comes.
Old 11th March 2013, 15:11   #7854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Im still using the original fabrics that came with the car. If they ever wear out, then I plan to switch to either ART leather or fabric covers which are much easier to maintain.

I own the 2010 Figo Petrol Zxi variant.

Here's a sample pic of my seat which hasn't been given any detailing for the since october.
The seat fabric in the Figo is decent looking, comfortable, and hard wearing. I haven't felt the "stickiness" that happens due to sweating while driving in hot summer on highways, and it still looks the same as it did the day I took delivery.

Last week, a colleague of mine commented that the seats looked "royal"
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 15:14   #7855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah you were conspicuously absent yesterday. RK_sans' surprise did compensate for that although not fully. Need to hear both the RDs in action
Hey Thanks for those amazing photos, think I can now rest my demons around the seats. Will use them as is and since it will be driven in AC all the time, they will be much neater and easier to maintain as well.

Regarding yesterday am sorry could not venture out due to some urgent pressing work that made me stay up till 2ish in the morning of Sunday. Decided to skip the meet at the last minute and not to worry let us catch for a ride one of these days. PM your details and will check if Aditya & Santosh will join us.
Yes it was a BIG SURPRISER for me as well seeing rk_sans yet another entry to his garage.

Roadking, CBR & now Yamaha RD350, what next rk_sans?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 19:51   #7856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
The seat fabric in the Figo is decent looking, comfortable, and hard wearing. I haven't felt the "stickiness" that happens due to sweating while driving in hot summer on highways, and it still looks the same as it did the day I took delivery.

KiloAlpha is right, that fabric is very breathable and doesn't cause much problem no matter how much the outside temperature is. And it hardly gets dirty at all. I've been to sandy, dusty roads and all I needed to do was just a brush off after the ride. Even that was unnecessary. KA your figo was petrol, na? Didn't notice any TDCi sign on it. How much has it run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Thanks for those amazing photos, think I can now rest my demons around the seats. Will use them as is and since it will be driven in AC all the time, they will be much neater and easier to maintain as well.
Glad I could help out.

Quote:
Regarding yesterday am sorry could not venture out due to some urgent pressing work that made me stay up till 2ish in the morning of Sunday. Decided to skip the meet at the last minute and not to worry let us catch for a ride one of these days.
Yes it was a BIG SURPRISER for me as well seeing rk_sans yet another entry to his garage.
Ah no biggie. There's always the next time.

Yes let's catch up sometime for a short ride. rk_sans really surprised me with his latest buy. But glad that he got a good working model. Can only wait with bated breath for his restoration. One can never have enough of Power or Torque for that matter

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 11th March 2013 at 19:53.
Old 11th March 2013, 20:25   #7857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Did you figure out the cause? Even I have that sound which comes around 1000RPM only. A.S.S said that its normal and nothing out of ordinary for TDCi diesel engines. My uncle has a Zen with similar sound that come at a particular RPM only. Been 7+ yrs and no issues with the car or engine though the sound still comes.

The sound vanished the next day and has not reoccurred since then. Fingers crossed . Other noises keep coming and I have learnt to live with them. Major ones are the noise from front left wheel (most probably the brake calipers) and rear right springs which cry and squeak if the back seat is occupied. This is only after rear twist beam replacement exercise.
Old 11th March 2013, 21:10   #7858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel
This Youtube video confirms my suspicion that there are two variants of the celebration edition: A lxi based one and a titanium based one.
Any variant and any shade can get the celebration accessories package fitted at the dealers' for Rs 27000 against individual total price of Rs 33K. The celebration accessories come as a single package except the decal stickers. White car comes with decal factory stuck.

Last edited by rajeev k : 11th March 2013 at 21:18. Reason: fixing the quote tags
Old 11th March 2013, 21:21   #7859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post

+1 to that. My Figo's seats have been through hell and back and still look like new. On way back from flour mill, the entire flour toppled in the back seat. It was snowing flour everywhere. A true disaster. Vacuum and carpet brush was all it took to clean the seats. I made sure no water since then it would have become dough!!!

Then I had a Rosogolla disaster with the syrup spill on the back seat. Mom told me "Surf excel hai na" and I used surf water to clean that up. Not even a stain.

Seats are super durable for sure. My car is 2 years and 7 months old.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 23:30   #7860
BHPian

just came back from a scheduled 10k service and wow!!!!! what an experience... i had a list of issues to be fixed for months and boy did the service guys did exactly as i thought..The car feels as good as new after a year and more drivable.. Total damage of 3500 including additional work . Will take it for a highway spin soon..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks