Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 16:52   #1231
BHPian

I got the price list of the Ikon Diesel today and it showed an OTR of 640000.
I get an Empl discount of 30000, so my price should be around ~Rs.600000. Thats 30K more than the Zxi Figo diesel I intend to buy. For that 30K I can get the Figo Titanium.

A small car is very practical, especially for a person like me who drives 95% of the time alone. I dont need a big boot. So an Ikon is overkill for me.

The Figo also picks its parts from the Fiesta parts bin. So I'm assured of better quality.

I did that research, and it thankfully it still points to Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thats a very relevant question. Most people decide against it because of its quite dated interiors. If ford decides to upgrade the interiors on the ikon i'm sure it would give jitters to quite a few cars even today.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:03   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

The handbook for the audio system mentions of a USB slot hidden inside the dash. But on my EXi i could not find it.
Trust me. I couldnt find it on the music system on the titanium either. While working out the delivery schedule of my bros figo, i sat for quite a while inside the titanium trying to figure out where exactly the USB slot was! The system proudly proclaimed USB with the small usb logo right there but just couldnt find it for some reason! Is it even there?
Old 30th March 2010, 17:11   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Trust me. I couldnt find it on the music system on the titanium either. While working out the delivery schedule of my bros figo, i sat for quite a while inside the titanium trying to figure out where exactly the USB slot was! The system proudly proclaimed USB with the small usb logo right there but just couldnt find it for some reason! Is it even there?
Did you check in the glove compartment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Do I see some light at the end of tunnel, at last ??!! Today my dealer confirmed that my car is billed, but delivery will happen only 4 - 5 days later. So I will have to cough up 10K extra. I contacted FORD RSM to confirm this and asked for VIN # and I got it. So can I at least hope to get my car by end of this week ? Dealer told car will reach them by 4 Apr only which is a Sunday. I don't know exactly where to look for VIN #, only familiar with chassis and engine number, can somebody help ?
It's under the carpet just in front of the driver's seat in the Fiesta. Should be in the same place for the Figo. VIN and Chassis #s are the same. The last 7 characters of the VIN is the engine #.

OT: Looks like TBHP had a serious outage for a few hours.

Last edited by Gilead : 30th March 2010 at 17:13.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:28   #1234
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
@Mustang.101 - What is this VIN number and where it is etched in the car? And what all do I need to inspect before taking the delivery of the car. I know you had posted the same in bits and parts all over the thread. But it is a request that you again post everything that a first time owner should inspect while taking the delivery of the car in one post.
Ford cars have VINs posted at different location, my car has it under the carpet of the driver's seat , Ask your dealer to show it to you & match it with the VIN written on the ford invoice with the dealer, Also tell him to give you a copy of the invoice letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Attaching photos of Accident which happened few days back of Figo test drive vehicle
I had a word about this with some fellows here, The information is that the driver & the SP came out without a scratch but both of them were under shock & it took them some time to come out of the car & were actually pulled out by the onlookers & they were absolutely 'frozen' & shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Can someone confirm OTR prices don't change in Chennai?
I am confirming that. The OTR prices will not increase in Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
2nd Figo crash in Bangalore...? Car is totalled I guess, car should have been easily in speeds excess of 80kmph. Hope there werent any casualties.
It was at 85-95 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Hey Mustang, why are these dealers not in constant touch with Ford on the status of deliveries of the Figo? This "yes-no" dilly-dallying bit seems to be annoying a number of customers. Why can't Ford adopt a system similar to that of a courier service, whereby customers can track down their deliveries through an airway bill number. A 1-2 day margin of error is OK, but a 1-2 week delay is simply unacceptable..
I completely agree with you on this but our dealers are really foolish & do give you really optimistic delivery dates. I follow the policy that whenever a dealer mentions a delivery date, then simply multiply it by 2 to get the real dates.

I had a terrible experience(with another prestigious manufacturer) whose name i dont want to mention & i was the 3rd booking in that showroom & he told me that cars are starting delivery in 15 days & you will get it within 30 days, after repeatedly calling them up every time, i made use of some of my contacts & got the vehicle delivered after a whopping 2.5 month long wait. so basically his 30 days turned out to be 2.5 months that also after i pulled some strings. Got to know later that, that prestigious dealership sold cars in black(not the color).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

@ Mustang or anyone else who can answer this.
3rd year warranty is free? Is there any kind of a warranty card or something ?
I dont know about the free part but for the warranty you do get a letter directly from ford india through your dealer mentioning your & your car's details.

Quote:
Dear, oh dear, the cancellations are now coming in thick and fast. Mustang or anyone at Ford, are you listening?
Ford should adopt the Mcdonalds model as i mentioned in another thread.

Quote:
Do I see some light at the end of tunnel, at last ??!! Today my dealer confirmed that my car is billed, but delivery will happen only 4 - 5 days later. So I will have to cough up 10K extra. I contacted FORD RSM to confirm this and asked for VIN # and I got it. So can I at least hope to get my car by end of this week ? Dealer told car will reach them by 4 Apr only which is a Sunday. I don't know exactly where to look for VIN #,ar.
Congrats & the answer to your VIN question is located above in this post
Old 30th March 2010, 17:43   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Now, does the EXI have the USB option? the salesman told me this morning that only the last two variants (ZXI & titanium) have the rear USB option on the player, which he said was a Blaupunkt player. Any info on this? I would surely like to have a USB feature (whether front or rear).

Second, any info on whether the steering can be adjusted, as the provision (minus the lever) seems to have been left behind.
The USB is a player specific cable that connects to the back of the ICE (Titanium and ZXi). I believe it's a full fledged USB connector which will have a proprietary connector specific to the ICE at one end and a female USB connector at the other end. (As told to me by dealer this morning when I went there to book the car)

No idea if the ICE is Blaupunkt. If it is then it's a +1. It already sounds very good for a factory fitted set at this price point.

There is no option to tilt adjust the steering. Don't know if the service centers can change the angle on user request. A did notice a large hole where the steering adjustment lever is located in the Fusion and Fiesta, probed around inside but there was nothing there.
Old 30th March 2010, 18:38   #1236
BHPian

Another ownership thread is up:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
Old 30th March 2010, 19:03   #1237
BHPian

Captain, my story always goes in the same way yours do ! ( Or the other way as well). No matter we are dealing with 2 different dealers in Bangalore, end result is same. In my case, I have got VIN # from Ford RSM and I need to match when I get to see my car. But "when" is a real question, I really don't have much trust on the dealers word of 4 Apr. I will do a pre-registration check for sure before paying full money. Anyway I have missed the 31 March deadline and will pay 10 K extra. When I spoke to dealer this morning and inquired about seeing my car in yard when it reaches, they told it is ok. Let me see, when the actual day come, they too may come up with stories like "it is still in truck or the driver has gone to visit his aunt etc" ! These people behave like they are giving us car for free and we have to just take it and leave. I don't what more games they will play with insurance, earlier they had told it is fine if I get on my own. I have arranged on my own which is cheaper by 5K ( Yes, believe me !).

Question - what information is required to keep the insurance ready ? Engine/Chassis number is enough ? If Ford can give VIN #, all the other information can be given too, right ? Anyway, I prefer to see the car in person before paying insurance. Else I will end up holding a policy and car is "somewhere in transit" !

Last edited by Revy : 30th March 2010 at 19:06.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:23   #1238
BHPian

@Revy, Chasis/Engine number is what is required for insurance. If you are doing the insurance yourself and not thru dealer, some basic car details like model, color, cubic capacity etc also maybe required, depending on the insurance company.

Once the vehicle is ready, the dealer should be giving you a bunch of papers to fill in / sign for proceeding with the registration/insurance on your behalf. It is advisable that one goes thru these forms and fill them on your own, otherwise rest assured, they will goof up on the name/address and other details. Fill up in capital letters where possible, particulalrly the name/address so that there is no scope of confusion. Do not succumb to a rush job due to the new car excitement, and don't be afraid to ask questions where things are not clear.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:36   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Question - what information is required to keep the insurance ready ? Engine/Chassis number is enough ? If Ford can give VIN #, all the other information can be given too, right ? Anyway, I prefer to see the car in person before paying insurance. Else I will end up holding a policy and car is "somewhere in transit" !
As I had mentioned earlier, VIN # and Chassis # are the same. The last 7 digits of the VIN is the engine #. You will also need color, month of manufacture etc. Your insurance sales guy can get all this info from the dealership. Just give the insurance guy your car sales guy's # and they will take care of the rest. This works only with private insurance guys like BA and IT. If you go with a nationalized insurance co., you will have to do all the donkey's work.

Last edited by Gilead : 30th March 2010 at 19:37.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:45   #1240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Do not succumb to a rush job due to the new car excitement, and
Don't be afraid to ask questions where things are not clear.
Golden Rule # 1 & 2!

Applies not just for a new car, absolutely for anything!
Old 30th March 2010, 19:46   #1241
BHPian

Thats a good tip. I asked for a quote from BA and it was much better than the Dealer quote, so I will ask them to do the dirty work when I come close to registering. But the dealer seemed to resist the idea of outside insurance.

If its just a few hundreds more, I'll let the dealership take the insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
This works only with private insurance guys like BA and IT. If you go with a nationalized insurance co., you will have to do all the donkey's work.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:50   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Thats a good tip. I asked for a quote from BA and it was much better than the Dealer quote, so I will ask them to do the dirty work when I come close to registering. But the dealer seemed to resist the idea of outside insurance.

The dealer cannot force anyone to get the insurance inhouse. If they ask so, just ask them to match the outside quote or backup. Involve senior managers too if required.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:54   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post

It was a solid 10K difference in the case of the Fiesta. I would suggest you take it from outside. If they act funny, just complain to our resident enforcer Mustang. PM me if you want the # of a BA sales guy who works regularly with MPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
The dealer cannot force anyone to get the insurance inhouse. If they ask so, just ask them to match the outside quote or backup. Involve senior managers too if required.
They will never be able to match it. In house insurance should be taken only if it's given free. Outside is always better otherwise.

Last edited by Gilead : 30th March 2010 at 19:57.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:59   #1244
BHPian

Another question. I read two different opinions on it.

I have an existing WagonR and I recently renewed the Insurance and used the NCB for ICICI. I'm not selling this car for some time.
Can I now transfer this NCB for the Figo?
If so, will I need to pay the NCB back on the ICICI. Also I read in the "Advice" thread that I cant use the NCB on the first year insurance of the new car.

So - can I transfer the NCB to the new car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
They will never be able to match it. In house insurance should be taken only if it's given free. Outside is always better otherwise.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:19   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
The formula for this is:
Outside Insurance cost + Freebies offered by Dealer = Dealer Insurance cost

If both side matches and freebies (those stupid mats/teflon etc) are something one cannot live without, better to go with dealer..it will save some time. Chances are paint protection / sunflim / carpets etc will cost lesser if taken outside, provided one has the time to run around.

Dealers tend to claim that if insurance is taken thru them, settlement will be hassle free..this is pure hogwash.

For me, it is a choice between running around myself to get things done OR spend some extra amount and save my time. For 1st time car buyers though, I will suggest the 1st route, just for the sake of gaining some experience w.r.t the tricks of the trade. It is hugely educational.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks