Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 10:15   #1201
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a white Figo (my first sighting) on road last week. It looked stunning from all quarters. Very racy.
Old 29th March 2010, 10:36   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Mustang, Kiku, Brix,
any way you guys can get your hands on the list of companies that qualify for the offer? If so, would u be able to post it here or PM me?
+1, I would really appreciate this. I will be going this afternoon to pay full amount for the delivery to be made in couple of days.

Thanks.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:24   #1203
BHPian

Saw a White Figo yesterday while filling up petrol in my car. It too was a petrol version and it was very silent when it passed me, i could sense that petrol is very much refined.
White looks super cool from all angles
Old 29th March 2010, 12:01   #1204
BHPian

Great review

Great review.. I am a single guy looking for a nice handling car that feels comfy and cozy and I think this one fits the bill really well. I test drove the diesel but didn't drive the petrol. Finally, I think I will settle for the Petrol Titanium model. Good price for a nice car.....
Old 29th March 2010, 12:12   #1205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Because it is old. The Figo is basically the previous generation Fiesta Hatch with a redesigned front.
Everyone here calls the figo, an old design, but one thing for sure that this is based on the very same platform as our current fiesta. Wonder why no one says that the design of the fiesta sedan is old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
2. The dealer was charging aound Rs 5000 as handling charges, Rs 1750 for the essential kit and third year warranty is free if the buyer is working in an organization approved by Ford. Are the handling charges standard across the country?
Handling charges aka logistics & transportation charges are borne by the customer. I dont know for the figo but for my fusion it was around Rs. 4600
in january & that was in delhi. So i Guess, figo handling charges should be between 4000-4500 for hyderabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Guys can someone put on light on the petrol FE of Figo. ARAI figues are about 15, but I doubt it to be true, diesel is giving around 14 to 16 to people here.

Looking for a new car for my parents and need to go for good milegae with features, so that I can also drive that, later.
Well in delhi, I have not driven the figo TDCi to get a mileage figure but my fusion+ TDCi here in delhi is giving an average of 16-18 kmpl & it travels everyday from noida to vasant vihar(& mahipalpur) via ring road which is really crowded. Figo, being lighter should be giving more FE in delhi.

Also the noida-G.noida expressway figures for my fusion are 18-20 kmpl @ 90-100kmph.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:01   #1206
BHPian

@mustang

Do we void the warranty if we upgrade the tyres to 185/60 or 185/65 R14 ?
Old 29th March 2010, 13:35   #1207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
@mustang

Do we void the warranty if we upgrade the tyres to 185/60 or 185/65 R14 ?
As per the company policy, yes you do void the warranty if you change/upgrade anything.

These tires offer good grip, An upgrade is not required/needed
Old 29th March 2010, 14:07   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
As per the company policy, yes you do void the warranty if you change/upgrade anything.
Even a change of alloys to non-OEM 14"?
Old 29th March 2010, 18:31   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Me and my family like the design very much. Most people in internet are too modern, so they like the monster look of honda city and beat and call it the modern and best design. I like the classic and simple look of figo and its design feel to be of a compact car rather than being bulky.
+1. I tend to detest jazzy looking cars that are considered "modern" and "contemporary" looking. The Figo looks simple, practical and well shaped, not like the Swift with a small cabin and a large protruding bottom. Why, I even like the simple and practical looks of my Alto. No fancy lights, unnecessary curves, unwanted protrusions or other Made-in-China-like finish.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:47   #1210
BHPian

Today I did the test drive of this beaty today. Though I am not completely convinced with the power of this car, some how I fell in love with this car . I would prefer this car over Alto for my fiancee. BTW, I drove the top-end diesel.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:48   #1211
BHPian

OFF-TOPIC:
Ford has been named as one of the Most Ethical Companies of 2009 under the Automotive category.

2010 World’s Most Ethical Companies | Ethisphere? Institute
Old 29th March 2010, 20:34   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Test Driven 1.2 and 1.4 :

Two days back , i went to ford showroom and test driven both the 1.2L and 1.4L variants.

Here are my short views:
Power : Adequate enough for a small car for city driving and rare highway driving . Liked the diesel engine than petrol .

Handling : Handling through corners is really good compared to my Getz CRDi. Used the Handbrake turns and felt it good .

Space: The space is good and seats are comfortable enough. But not sure for long drives and the TD is only for few kms.

Driving : Gear shift is neat . Clutch was very free being a new car . I usually experienced clutch being harder during first 2000 kms in most cars.

Interiors : Nothing new here if you have driven fiesta's a lot. I liked the coral colour . Ebony being too dark , didnt give much appeal as the coral colour. Coral Color dash was booked the most .

Verdict : Liked the car for the price and booked for my friend Titanium TDCi , White Color , Ebony Dash ( my friend didnt like the Coral color ) . OTR Erode : Rs.596000 (incl Extended Warranty)
Old 29th March 2010, 20:40   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Then let it be a good omen for my 1.4 figo too. Hoping the same driver drives it to Chandigarh.
As Mustang suggested, why don't you just go down to the dealer's stockyard and accompany the driver back to the showroom. Multiple benefits to this option:

1. Your car is chauffeur-driven for about 100 kms.
2. Along the way, you can get free tips and advice from the ford driver on how to extract maximum benefit from the car.
3. Befriend the driver and you may just get him to speak to his colleagues and give you better and more customised service than the other customers.
3. You may just pick up some tips on driving skills. Believe me, many of these automobile company drivers are really fantastic in driving skills. Merely sitting with them has been an inspiring experience for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Today I did the test drive of this beaty today. Though I am not completely convinced with the power of this car, some how I fell in love with this car. I would prefer this car over Alto for my fiancee. BTW, I drove the top-end diesel.
Man, I have an Alto and it feels like a bare-bones cycle compared to the Fusion. I had purchased the Alto LXI (top-end model) for Rs 3.1L in 2008 and the Figo LXI Petrol (bottom-end model) is now available for Rs 3.89L. Incidentally, though one is top-end and the other a bottom-end model, both have the same basic features -- PS and AC. and for Rs 70K extra, I'm getting additional features by the truckload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I'm really happy that you are getting your car so fast! you could drive the car back fromthe yard that will solve all your problems.
No disrespect at all when I say this but What in fords name is going on here?
Me, Revvy and some other have been waiting for ages for our cars and people who just booked the car are getting delivery before us?
Maybe, it has something to do with Chandigarh itself. It's not a planned city for nothing. A well-planned city + with a well-planned dealer = a very happy customer.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:19   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Just saw one Figo which had met with accident near My house (Near Vijaya Enclave).
It was a test drive car and Car front was completely damaged, No idea about any causalities. Airbags were deployed. have some photos in mobile but not able to download it.
Looks like driver was at least at 60Kmph when car met with accident.
Attaching photos of Accident which happened few days back of Figo test drive vehicle
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-16032010131522.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-16032010131651.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-16032010131602.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-16032010131543.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 22:25   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Attaching photos of Accident which happened few days back of Figo test drive vehicle
Good Lord, there's nothing much of the engine left and yet the cabin area seems unharmed. The demo appears to be Titanium models with the air-bags deployed. The test drive must have given the potential customer an unexpected test of the safety features of the Figo. I hope the occupants escaped with minimal or no hurt.

Most Viewed