Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 11:29   #1186
BHPian

Yes - I wanted to check that out actually. Thanks for the warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Brix don't do it. I tried this once, when i posted an article on figo in overdirve. Moderators deleted it and said "Don't post articles from magazines without editors permission". I think it is because of copyright violation. I was just warning you. Any way you can post key points mention in the article here.

Here is the preview of overdrive magazine which has figo ritz test drive.

Overdrive April 2010 Issue Preview

Note to Mods: I got this link from overdrive magazine website itself. So no copyright violation. This is a preview of magazine provided by overdrive itself.
Old 28th March 2010, 11:38   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course i will surely start a thread here. I am planing a one hour video covering every single part of my car and uploading it to Youtube.

I have opt for black dash, but don't know whether i get it. I may even go for coral if black is not available. I choose squeeze zxi petrol.
@mkerala: Sorry to say this but you disappoint me everytime I see your latest post. I am expecting a post from you saying "Got Delivery of my Ford Figo or something like that"
But you disappoint me everytime :(
Old 28th March 2010, 18:23   #1188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
With the 10 minute time limit back in effect on Youtube,i don't think that you will be able to upload that hour long video.
Is it back? No problem i will somehow manage to upload on any other site or my site itself. Or can divide it into 6 parts and post here.

Last edited by mkerala : 28th March 2010 at 18:26.
Old 28th March 2010, 18:33   #1189
BANNED

See these post of gemi on rear leg room after moving front seat. Really nice.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1807643
Old 28th March 2010, 19:22   #1190
BHPian

My 2 cents.

Test drove the Figo 1.2 and 1.4 back to back along with Polo 1.2 and Punto 1.4 a few days earlier. All this as part of research for my second car mainly for city commute.

Since many things have already been said about the Diesel on various posts, will go straight to petrol. What I liked is the linear power delivery (even though little) as compared to the diesel. The drive was effortless in the 1.2 Titanium and I didn't actually feel much need for any more power in the car, including a 2nd gear start from standstill and 3rd gear up a 20 degree slope. Overall flawless.

Compared to Punto 1.4, the car felt a lot more agile and the steering is a trademark ford, in other words absolutely spot on direct. Boot and rear seat comfort judged by other's in the family sitting there is better in Figo, and I share that opinion as well.

Compared to Polo 1.2, the car feels sluggish when the revs hit high. Polo is definitely more polished and has a dignified look inside. But it fails to provide the rear seat leg space that the Figo could offer (with the same people sitting behind). It's definitely a hoot to drive as compared to the Punto and Figo, though I did not particularly like the distance to the pedals, can become a challenge for a short driver.

Both the cars are a lot more expensive in their top end variant than the Figo Titanium which makes it all the more a "Value for Money" product.

Regarding USB

It seems there is a USB cable that Ford will sell as accessory to owners that require to connect their iPods and other Gizmos. Its not clear where it fits into the ICE but my guess is at the back in a customized port. Will be looking at it in detail when I go to book it sometime this week. Will post after that.

Note: My views are a little biased towards Ford to begin with as the earlier car itself is a Ford, and things sort of fell in place when I sat in this one.
Old 28th March 2010, 20:25   #1191
BHPian

Guys, for anyone looking for an unbiased comparison between the petrol powered Polo and Figo, I've posted my observations in my Polo ownership thread out here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1807916
Old 28th March 2010, 21:26   #1192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Is that what's happening with the Swift currently?

Anyway, got the concept. Thanks Mustang.
Reg black marketing. You'll be shocked to know the premium amount cars like Fortuner demand.

And long long ago, a Bajaj scooter would demand un-earthly premium amounts
Old 28th March 2010, 21:39   #1193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
My 2 cents.
Regarding USB

It seems there is a USB cable that Ford will sell as accessory to owners that require to connect their iPods and other Gizmos. Its not clear where it fits into the ICE but my guess is at the back in a customized port. Will be looking at it in detail when I go to book it sometime this week. Will post after that.

Note: My views are a little biased towards Ford to begin with as the earlier car itself is a Ford, and things sort of fell in place when I sat in this one.
I think it is a AUX to USB converter cable. which has a 3.5 mm male pin at one end and a female usb port at the other end. U can get one from any electronics shop for Rs 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Reg black marketing. You'll be shocked to know the premium amount cars like Fortuner demand.

And long long ago, a Bajaj scooter would demand un-earthly premium amounts
Ford started delivery widely across the country and complaints of non-delivery are lowering significantly. No more black selling by dealers, ford customer care is there. Also i have heard that each vehicle is billed in booking name before sending to dealer ships.
Old 28th March 2010, 22:14   #1194
Senior - BHPian

I saw a green Figo on the road today. The design looks a bit old. Something like the zen or the santro generation. But certainly not bad.
Old 28th March 2010, 22:33   #1195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I saw a green Figo on the road today. The design looks a bit old. Something like the zen or the santro generation. But certainly not bad.
Because it is old. The Figo is basically the previous generation Fiesta Hatch with a redesigned front.
Old 28th March 2010, 23:49   #1196
Senior - BHPian

I test drove both 1.2(P) and 1.4(D) Figo.

Diesel:
+ Nice FE
+ Good pulling power after 1400 RPM
+ No gear lever vibrations like Ikon TDCi
- Not vibration free like Fiesta if u slot higher gears at lower speeds.
- Evident Turbo lag under 1400 RPM

Petrol:
+ Nice low end torque. I was able to pull from 1000 RPM with AC and 3 people.
+ Pretty smooth
- Needs to be worked out to get the max out of the engine but perfect for city drives.
- ARAI rating of 15KMPL only!

Over all car is pretty good except for the following:
- Front and Reap Bumpers!
- No rear power windows (not a let down for me but most people in the show room were complaining)
- Servicing & parts costs are unknown but Bhagat Ford people were quiet sure it will be on par with Swift at Max!
- Plastic quality on doors. Dash plastic quality is acceptable but doors plastic was not satisfactory
- Front seats felt smaller! But not a big problem.
- Cramped storage space in front console. http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/ford...rd_figo_08.jpg

Good things about the car:
- Amazing AC
- Great ride & handling. Takes pot holes nicely.
- Very airy and spacious.
- Nice thigh support at rear
- I liked that FORD used plastic molding (??) on door pillars instead of Black tape.
- Nice door insulation
- Stock Music system is one of the best after i20!
Old 29th March 2010, 00:14   #1197
BANNED

Guys can someone put on light on the petrol FE of Figo. ARAI figues are about 15, but I doubt it to be true, diesel is giving around 14 to 16 to people here.

Looking for a new car for my parents and need to go for good milegae with features, so that I can also drive that, later.
Old 29th March 2010, 04:53   #1198
BANNED

Finally this cross 100 pages.

This thread started on 25th January. I am happy that my 113th post crossed this thread to 100th page(As of now) on 29th march.

I think this is the one of the fastest growing threads here.

Last edited by mkerala : 29th March 2010 at 04:56.
Old 29th March 2010, 09:21   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally this cross 100 pages.

This thread started on 25th January. I am happy that my 113th post crossed this thread to 100th page(As of now) on 29th march.

I think this is the one of the fastest growing threads here.
+1 to that, undoubtedly this is one thread which is discussed a lot off late. Along with the Polo thread I guess these two are now among most hottest threads in TBHP off late.
Old 29th March 2010, 10:13   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
+1 to that, undoubtedly this is one thread which is discussed a lot off late. Along with the Polo thread I guess these two are now among most hottest threads in TBHP off late.
True, this car deserves it too. Liked the fact that the Figo has some delightful features like the 1-hour audio player (refer to GemiThomas's ownership report), attention to detail always makes an owner feel special.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks