Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 17:13   #1171
BHPian

Any one laid their hands yet on the current april issue of overdrive which carries a face off between figo and ritz oil burners?
Old 26th March 2010, 17:17   #1172
BANNED

new ford fiesta interior pics @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1805061

Also i did see the overdrive issue on stands but i still did not pick it up (overdrive has been biased ever since adil darukhanwala left them) but i picked up autocar & it has an article on how ford is making its spares cheaper but i have not read it so far.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:54   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
There is not much choice.

Given the options, I would strongly suggest Mody, as it is the way better one among the two (though I wouldnt really love to deal with them either).

Fortune Ford is one bunch of crooks. I gave my Fiesta Petrol for servicing at Fortune Ford. When I got it back, the car was making more noise than a 1980s diesel car would make. Took it back to Fortune Ford and they realised that they had loosened the pipe which supplies air to the engine and forgotten to tighten it back. This meant that unfiltered air was going into the engine.

Another time, I gave my Fiesta for some dent removal / painting work at Fortune Ford. I collected the car in the evening at around 6:30pm, when it was already dark. Next day morning, I saw the rubbing / smoothening work which is done after repainting had not been done. This meant that the repainting work was very rough, with blobs of paint at various places. Took it back to Fortune Ford, and they fixed it after 3 days of keeping the car with them

I can give you many other instances of being let down by Fortune Ford.

Fortunately for me, my company transferred me to Bangalore... So, I dont have to deal with either Fortune or Mody
One of my colleague had very bad experience with MOdy in terms of servicing. And whe went back to Fortune saying that "Something is better than nothing"
Old 26th March 2010, 19:32   #1174
BHPian

Ford Figo - First Drive TDCI

Hi ,

Just had 2 rounds of test drive today -TDCI, i wanted to put down my views.

1. Its just like a Mini Ford Fiesta.
2. I own a Getz and Accent, accelaration, handling was better than both of my cars, though ride cushioning is better in accent.
3. I drove titanium version, so i am not able to comment on brakes in normal version.
4. I feel it's a better buy than i20 for 5L 40K i can get a Diesel. I20 steering response was artificial.
5. First thing i noticed there are no blind spots, as i noticed in Chevy beat.
6. i did not feel the engine noise was too much disturbing.
7. AC blower was very noisy in 3 and 4 blower settings, else AC was just fantastic.
8. Missed the dead pedal, i have it in both of my cars.
9. Outside mirrors do not fold fully- thats bad. Its as same as kept open.
10. Exi version seems good value.
11. I took it to too many bad roads, it was taking up the bumps like charm.
12. i felt this car had more linear power than punto, thats because when i drove punto i was not able to cross 2k Rpm in city, and it was struggling like anything.
13. Build quality is evident from touching the car itself.

I am sure Ford has a winner

Can anybody suggest how better in terms of engine this is, than the FIat diesel engined cars and whats the mileage in city/highway with AC i can get.

I may get the Diesel Exi model, if my office location changes.

Thanks
Old 26th March 2010, 19:59   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Folks, it looks like Figo deliveries have started in earnest in Chennai. I have spotted 3 ribbon-clad Figos since morning.

A white Titanium petrol on 100 feet road, a moondust silver titanium TDCi in Ampa mall and another moondust silver titanium TDCi outside Shree Mithai. The last two cars had actual regn. nos so RTO issues have been sorted out. The last Figo I saw looked fantastic under the sodium vapor lamps. It also had non-Ford alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
Can anybody suggest how better in terms of engine this is, than the FIat diesel engined cars and whats the mileage in city/highway with AC i can get.
Take a look at a thread in the technical section which compares these two engines. To put a long story short, the TDCi is better in the city. The MJD is better on the highways. Both are good engines. The TDCi is probably more fuel efficient. You can expect 15-16 in the city and 20-22 on the highway.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:36   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Great review as most others. The Ford Figo Diesel seems to have the "BANG FOR THE BUCK" written all over it. As long as the service matches up, I think the fortunes of FORD are about to change for the better !!!!!

Brings back memories of my 1.6 Ikon !!! Except for the fuel bill of course.

Way to go FORD

Cheers
Old 26th March 2010, 21:42   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Of come on more than two weeks since the start, but I have seen only two ownership reviews. Either they have not received the cars or people should be enjoying the beauty and forgot about TBHP meanwhile
Old 26th March 2010, 21:58   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Of come on more than two weeks since the start, but I have seen only two ownership reviews. Either they have not received the cars or people should be enjoying the beauty and forgot about TBHP meanwhile
One full-fledged review and two ownership reviews have drawn in a staggering 1441 posts and 250,882 views (and counting) on a thread, that does not even pertain to a Maruti car. It only shows that this thread is as popular as the ongoing IPL and people are certainly not enjoying the beauty for now.
Melvyn

Last edited by misquitas : 26th March 2010 at 22:00.
Old 28th March 2010, 01:34   #1179
BHPian

Rediff today carried in interesting article on the Figo. While much of this is already "old news" for those following these posts, some of the news was indeed, well, news.

For the full article, refer to the following link:

Ford Figo: A car for the young and ambitious : Rediff.com Business

Some of the interestings points were:

Customer clarity

"Aware that they need to think out of the box, Ford designers sat with the Indian marketing team and first gave shape to the customer. The car would come later. The Figo customer was identified as 'Sandeep'.
He was 26 or 27 years old, held a professional degree and was ambitious to move up socially as well as professionally.
Newly married with no children, he lived with his parents or extended family and strived to maintain a balance between family and work.
At the same time, Sandeep was highly optimistic that he will be recognised for his contributions at work and was thus on his way up on the career ladder.
With his newfound success, a car was seen as an exclusive space where he could enjoy freedom from the pressures of work, listen to music and take his wife out safely at night or pick up friends for an evening out in the city.
These were the functions the new small car was meant to perform.
"We were clear on what we wanted for India -- a car that will appeal to the mature youth. This is a young couple that has just got married and is full of dreams, aspires for a car that will reflect its smart attitude and at the same time be full of utilities. The Figo delivers all of that," says Ford Motor Company group vice-president and president (Asia Pacific and Africa) Joe Hinrichs.

Low maintenance

It seems that Ford has tried to address some of these issues in the Figo.
The door, for instance, has to be replaced completely after damage in most cases. "In the case of the Figo, since the material (the sheet metal) has been sourced locally, one would need to just change the skin of the door instead of the entire assembly. This means a cut-down of almost 30 per cent of expense on servicing," Boneham adds. Ford claims that the cost of periodic maintenance of the Figo is 7 to 13 per cent less than rivals, cost of non-scheduled repairs 10 to 17 per cent lower, cost of damageability repairs 7 to 16 per cent lower, and the five-year service cost for customers who drive less than 10,000 km in a year up to 60 per cent lower."
Old 28th March 2010, 07:48   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I bought the Autocar magazine with the article comparing the Figo and the Ritz. A balanced article, Verdict was the the Figo is strong on most counts except the Engine, and the Ritz scores most points on the Engine and is the Mileage champion. However, given a choice the Figo was preferred. However, it seemed that some of the personal tastes of the Author creeped in.
I'll see if I can manage to get a scan on it. If I do, can I post it here?
Yes, please do scan and post it here or maybe separate thread Figo vs Ritz. They compared the Petrol right ?. Many people here are looking for more info on Petrol, so it should benefit them and other potential buyers.
Old 28th March 2010, 10:06   #1181
BHPian

I read the original article on Business Standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Rediff today carried in interesting article on the Figo. While much of this is already "old news" for those following these posts, some of the news was indeed, well, news.

For the full article, refer to the following link:

Ford Figo: A car for the young and ambitious : Rediff.com Business
Old 28th March 2010, 10:45   #1182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Great, Then we will be seeing your ownership thread in 7-10 days, btw you opted for coral dash na?

Also we need pictures of your car in that ownership thread of yours.
Of course i will surely start a thread here. I am planing a one hour video covering every single part of my car and uploading it to youtube.

I have opt for black dash, but don't know whether i get it. I may even go for coral if black is not available. I choose squeeze zxi petrol.
Old 28th March 2010, 10:56   #1183
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I bought the Autocar magazine with the article comparing the Figo and the Ritz. A balanced article, Verdict was the the Figo is strong on most counts except the Engine, and the Ritz scores most points on the Engine and is the Mileage champion. However, given a choice the Figo was preferred. However, it seemed that some of the personal tastes of the Author creeped in.
I'll see if I can manage to get a scan on it. If I do, can I post it here?
Brix don't do it. I tried this once, when i posted an article on figo in overdirve. Moderators deleted it and said "Don't post articles from magazines without editors permission". I think it is because of copyright violation. I was just warning you. Any way you can post key points mention in the article here.

Here is the preview of overdrive magazine which has figo ritz test drive.

Overdrive April 2010 Issue Preview

Note to Mods: I got this link from overdrive magazine website itself. So no copyright violation. This is a preview of magazine provided by overdrive itself.

Last edited by mkerala : 28th March 2010 at 11:06.
Old 28th March 2010, 11:02   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Of course i will surely start a thread here. I am planing a one hour video covering every single part of my car and uploading it to Youtube.
With the 10 minute time limit back in effect on youtube,i don't think that you will be able to upload that hour long video.
Old 28th March 2010, 11:10   #1185
BHPian

Do check out the Hatchback Diesel Shootout between The Swift, Ritz, Indica Vista Quadrajet and 1.4 Ford Figo on Bloomberg UTV's Autocar show on sunday at 1230 hrs and 2200 hrs. And do I need to mention who is the winner?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks