Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 12:38   #1876
BANNED

@mkerala : IMHO I dont think thats its ever going to happen. What may happen is that at the end of this year, current fiesta prices may drop.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:42   #1877
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@mkerala : IMHO I dont think thats its ever going to happen. What may happen is that at the end of this year, current fiesta prices may drop.
O'h no ford has still not given off old game yet.

Fiesta is already in market for many year, so i don't think price fall going to boost sale. Instead they should come up with a all new fiesta or figo sedan with latest features technology like the new figo and have a vfm price.
Old 11th April 2010, 13:00   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post

I guess the steering shake should be fixed by wheel balancing, and the strain on the right arm should go away after wheel alignment. But, I am just wondering if it is possible that the steering alignment or something else could have gone wrong, considering that I went over the hump at 150 kmph. Any comments?
- Check your rims for any damage. If there's too much damage, get it repaired and put it at the back.
- Get the balancing done.
Old 11th April 2010, 13:04   #1879
BANNED

Quote:
@PYSO first try wheel alignment & balancing & then if it does not solve the problem, then that means your steering alignment is out of place.
Will try that.

Btw, how much will steering aligment cost, if I have to do it?
Old 11th April 2010, 13:04   #1880
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
O'h no ford has still not given off old game yet.

Fiesta is already in market for many year, so i don't think price fall going to boost sale. Instead they should come up with a all new fiesta or figo sedan with latest features technology like the new figo and have a vfm price.

An already new ford fiesta sedan is headed to India in Q1 of 2011, Anyways lets stick to the current figo & lets not go

@PYSO : I have no idea on this, If an adjustment to the steering is required it may not cost that much. First to alignment & balancing & straighten out your rims & see if the problem still exists.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 11th April 2010 at 13:06.
Old 11th April 2010, 13:43   #1881
BANNED

Another question I had. I have seen in the Fiesta Petrol manual that the ignition shouldnt be turned off for 30 seconds after the car comes to a halt.

(I have noticed that after around 30 seconds of halting, the rpm-meter reading comes down to around 700 from around 900.)

I have followed this advice almost always, but couple of time on long drives, I have forgotten to wait for 30 seconds before turning off the ignition.

My question is ---> what damage can it cause, if I dont wait for 30 seconds before turning off the ignition (especially after a long drive of more than 300 kms at a stretch)?

And if any damage has happened, what will I notice in the behaviour of the car, that indicates this damage has happened?

I guess this applies to Figo Duratec, as well?
Old 11th April 2010, 13:48   #1882
BANNED

Quote:
Another question I had. I have seen in the Fiesta Petrol manual that the ignition shouldnt be turned off for 30 seconds after the car comes to a halt.

(I have noticed that after around 30 seconds of halting, the rpm-meter reading comes down to around 700 from around 900.)

I have followed this advice almost always, but couple of time on long drives, I have forgotten to wait for 30 seconds before turning off the ignition.

My question is ---> what damage can it cause, if I dont wait for 30 seconds before turning off the ignition (especially after a long drive of more than 300 kms at a stretch)?

And if any damage has happened, what will I notice in the behaviour of the car, that indicates this damage has happened?

I guess this applies to Figo Duratec, as well?
There is no damage caused even if you did that, Only thing is that following the advice is recommended so that your engine gets a breather before you switch it off. Also not following this even 50 times back to back wont cause any damage and/or performance/FE issues with your car.

But you should follow it still, Maybe in the extreme long run it helps your engine to have a better life.

Yes this applies to figo also & hence it is NOT
Old 11th April 2010, 14:41   #1883
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@PYSO - My assumption is since it was on a highway, there is a lesser chance of damage to rims. Wheel balancing would have gone wrong mostly. As a precautionary measure check the wheel bearings & drive shaft.
Old 11th April 2010, 14:51   #1884
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the figo system support sub-woofer? Sub-woofer has
• Peak Power: 1000W - 1300W
• Rated Input Power: 300W - 400W

Source: Sony Xplod website

How can a normal car system provide that much?
This sub-woofer comes with inbuilt Mono-block Amp with low distortion. I mentioned to you because of "no tampering". check this for more info.

Soomoku Subwoofer Research Labs.
Old 11th April 2010, 15:09   #1885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I thing the shake you mentioned is present in the Punto as well, but I think it is less than the Figo's. I think you've got it down to the right cars (perfect actually). Choose the one that sets your heart racing a little bit more.
You can't go wrong with that .
I am pretty sure the Punto has hydraulic mounts whereas the Figo has rubber mounts. The shake is bound to be a little more in the Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
My car's steering "Immediately" Turns left if i turn her right. But this does not happen if i turn her left. It sort of stays in that position for much longer. Does this Prove that the issue is there?
Gemi, it does sound like your car may have an issue. Only a road test can confirm it. Most of our roads taper to the left anyway and that plays a role as well. Best to change your tires to Goodyears while Ford is doing it for free.

Quote:
Does the figo system support sub-woofer? Sub-woofer has
• Peak Power: 1000W - 1300W
• Rated Input Power: 300W - 400W

Source: Sony Xplod website

How can a normal car system provide that much?
I don' think there is any way you can attach a sub to the stock unit without making it sound like crap. You will need an amp. And these days, amps and subs can be fit without cutting any wires. So your warranty stays intact.
Old 11th April 2010, 15:41   #1886
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@PYSO - My assumption is since it was on a highway, there is a lesser chance of damage to rims. Wheel balancing would have gone wrong mostly. As a precautionary measure check the wheel bearings & drive shaft.
Yes, fortunately the rims were not damaged. They had been inflated to 36 psi. That probably helped.
Old 11th April 2010, 16:33   #1887
BHPian

Test drove both Petrol and Diesel

Hi All,

I test drove both Petrol and Diesel versions today, afternoon time and below is my 2 cents.

Petrol was the one I drove first, and the buttom line is it's sluggish. The
1.2 Saffire engine from Fiat in Vista feels much better than this.

Diesel is a rocket compared to the Petrol engine, no turbo lag at all.

I though the AC performence would be fantastic after reading the reviews here, however it was just average in my experience. The Vista is bigger on space and overall comfort. Buttom line is, I would pick the Vista over Figo. Vista feels like a big car in all areas and the rear seat comfort of the Vista is miles ahead, even the front seat comfort of the Vista is better.
Old 11th April 2010, 17:46   #1888
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, fortunately the rims were not damaged. They had been inflated to 36 psi. That probably helped.
On the highway & @150 kph, You had tires with 36 psi air in them.
Old 11th April 2010, 18:05   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
I am trying to understand what exactly is the problem with the Apollo tyres, that is causing the veering to the left. Can anybody explain that to me?

And a personal problem of mine. A while ago, I drove my Fiesta at 150 kmph over a bump on the highway (no joking, I am serious). Didnt see the bump coming at all. Only the front tyres hit the bump, after which I believe the car went up in the air for a few milli-seconds before landing. After this incident, I am noticing that steering starts shaking when I touch 120 kmph. Also, my right arm hurts on long drives, and the car has a tendency to veer to the right.

I guess the steering shake should be fixed by wheel balancing, and the strain on the right arm should go away after wheel alignment. But, I am just wondering if it is possible that the steering alignment or something else could have gone wrong, considering that I went over the hump at 150 kmph. Any comments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
i tooke her out for a spin, intially the diesel noise was a bit loud, i could here it even after switching the music on, however as i drove more the noise level came down.. Infact i even shut the AC and brought my windows down. The noise was not to be heard with the music system, i guess the more your engine works the lesser the noise.

I was doing 60kmph on a straight stretch of road, left the steering wheel, it was going straight for about 10- 15 metres then started to go left. This could also be due to the road, or is this the wheel issue can someone help me out here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Get the alignment done and check for Front axle caster angle.
Quote:
@PYSO first try wheel alignment & balancing & then if it does not solve the problem, then that means your steering alignment is out of place.
1. As rightly advised by kpzen and Mustang, get the alignment done, pronto. (Toe in & Toe out)
2. Get the Caster and Camber checked.
3. If the above two steps don't solve the issue, interchange the front two tyres (only).
4. If the issue still remains unresolved, interchange the front tires with the rear ones while maintaining the interchanged front tyres in the present position. So in effect, now the left front tyre has come to rear right.

Please let us know your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
Hi All, I test drove both Petrol and Diesel versions today, afternoon time and below is my 2 cents.

Petrol was the one I drove first, and the buttom line is it's sluggish. The
1.2 Saffire engine from Fiat in Vista feels much better than this.

Diesel is a rocket compared to the Petrol engine, no turbo lag at all.

I though the AC performence would be fantastic after reading the reviews here, however it was just average in my experience. The Vista is bigger on space and overall comfort. Buttom line is, I would pick the Vista over Figo. Vista feels like a big car in all areas and the rear seat comfort of the Vista is miles ahead, even the front seat comfort of the Vista is better.
Nothing beats a Vista in comfort/space in its class but didn't you find the turbo lag irritating specially compared to the brilliant ford TDCI mill? How does the fit and finish of Vista compare to the Figo?

Last edited by windiesel : 11th April 2010 at 18:17.
Old 11th April 2010, 18:41   #1890
BHPian

VISTA does not have turbo leg. One need to test drive to feel it. Tata tuned the engine very well even Tata have tuned the VISTA gear box, gear feel of VISTA is much better than Palio MJD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks