Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 22:17   #9931
BHPian

Guys, Any idea on the cost of wheel bearings for the front and the rear? Asking this as I believe they are shared with the fiesta that I have.
Old 8th April 2015, 00:38   #9932
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Folks, last weekend I gave my car for 30000 km service and had pointed out an assumed oil leak that i noticed but didnt take any action, infact I had shared a pic before on this forum as well. As it turns out the leak was not oil but Fuel leakage though very minor but still could have been dangerous . A.S.S said that part highlighted in yellow is the assembly that needs to be changed and it costs ~12000. Luckily its covered in extd warranty but I still cant comprehend why it costs so much, it seems more like a hose pipe with some form of plunger. Anyways the car is stuck at dealership as the part rarely fails and not in stock. Hopefully I get the car back by weekend.

Attachment 1357795
In a friends 1.4 Figo the same thing happened. Unfortunately for him he did not have extended warranty and had to pay for this.
If my memory serves me right then this is called the Diesel pump? Is this what the service adviser told you?
Old 8th April 2015, 00:58   #9933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
In a friends 1.4 Figo the same thing happened. Unfortunately for him he did not have extended warranty and had to pay for this.
If my memory serves me right then this is called the Diesel pump? Is this what the service adviser told you?
Yes you are right, this is the fuel plunger/pump. I guess this is to pump fuel incase tank goes empty.
Old 9th April 2015, 22:23   #9934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Guys, Any idea on the cost of wheel bearings for the front and the rear? Asking this as I believe they are shared with the fiesta that I have.
For an ABS model, the rear ones cost around 8 K each. Not sure of the front, but I'm sure they are a lot cheaper.

Meanwhile, I wanted to ask regarding the average life of front brake pads on the Figo. My car has covered 32 K so far and brakes well. But in the 30 K service in Feb, the report showed the front pads in yellow and the S.A. had recommended replacement, which I refused. This was because my Fiesta's front pads and disks were changed at 47 K on the odo.

But ever since then, I am beginning to imagine that the brakes are a bit spongy. Is it a good idea to replace them now? I believe there is a 10% discount offer running this week.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 01:59   #9935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
For an ABS model, the rear ones cost around 8 K each. Not sure of the front, but I'm sure they are a lot cheaper.

Meanwhile, I wanted to ask regarding the average life of front brake pads on the Figo. My car has covered 32 K so far and brakes well. But in the 30 K service in Feb, the report showed the front pads in yellow and the S.A. had recommended replacement, which I refused. This was because my Fiesta's front pads and disks were changed at 47 K on the odo.

But ever since then, I am beginning to imagine that the brakes are a bit spongy. Is it a good idea to replace them now? I believe there is a 10% discount offer running this week.
I had the same experience. Just got my car from 30K servicing today. In addition to the usual stuff the recommendations they have were
  • Brake pads worn out - I refused as I have a trusted neighbourhood garage for the same. On my Ikon they changed at 25K and later then 2nd lot lasted another 40K km without any issues. Will check at trusted garage and let you know
  • Front suspension tie rods - I had complained about suspension noise during 20K service which they didnt resolve and now at 30K said the tie rods need replacement. Again i refused. Will decide later
  • Battery replacement - This probably would be needed soon but Ford OEM batt has gotten really expensive, about 1K more than Amaron from batterywala
  • Fuel filter change - I let them change this one given quality of our fuels. NOt sure what was the reco on user manual. Costed about 1K.
  • 5th extd warranty is available now on Figo - MIght choose that once I know the price. This service they replaced leaking fuel plunger which costed 12K and covered in warranty. Paid for my ext warranty cost.

Last edited by supertinu : 10th April 2015 at 02:00.
Old 10th April 2015, 07:12   #9936
BHPian

Quote:
I got the front right and rear right replaced. My car has ABS in it as well. The cost excluding labour was 2800/- for rear and 1800/- for front. The rear bearing that came out was made in Spain.
Old 10th April 2015, 15:18   #9937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
I got the front right and rear right replaced. My car has ABS in it as well. The cost excluding labour was 2800/- for rear and 1800/- for front. The rear bearing that came out was made in Spain.
That's great! Surprisingly I was quoted around 8 K for my left rear wheel bearing. Some other members also posted that it costs as much for an ABS model---the posts are there on this thread in Feb, 2015.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 16:38   #9938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's great! Surprisingly I was quoted around 8 K for my left rear wheel bearing. Some other members also posted that it costs as much for an ABS model---the posts are there on this thread in Feb, 2015.
Didnt get the logic of why ABS model costs more?
Old 10th April 2015, 17:56   #9939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didnt get the logic of why ABS model costs more?
Post # 9850 has some information on this.
Old 10th April 2015, 19:00   #9940
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes you are right, this is the fuel plunger/pump. I guess this is to pump fuel in case tank goes empty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Quote:
Hey Folks, last weekend I gave my car for 30000 km service and had pointed out an assumed oil leak that i noticed but didnt take any action, infact I had shared a pic before on this forum as well. As it turns out the leak was not oil but Fuel leakage though very minor but still could have been dangerous
To add,
After filling the diesel (into the empty tank) at the fuel station, one needs to pump this bulb (seen in manual blood pressure gauges) till the injector is loaded with diesel and ready to spray (Diesel tank -> Lift pump -> Diesel filter ->Injector/Nozzle).

Initially, pumping will be easy and slowly it will become hard indicating the pump is getting loaded. This is done in case of engine not starting because of airlock.

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2015 at 11:04. Reason: Typo
Old 11th April 2015, 21:44   #9941
Senior - BHPian

Saw the coolant temp touch 106c today in stop/go traffic.
The high temp warning did not come on. I turned off the AC when I saw it hit a 100 and it still climbed.
Did not hear the fan after turning off the AC., probably it was spinning at the low speed.

No changes felt while driving, but I was wondering how is high okay on the 1.2 engine.
Old 12th April 2015, 19:20   #9942
BHPian

I had taken my 65K run figo D to change the engine oil at a aftermarket garage. I get the engine oil changed usually at 5K instead of the 10K mandated by Ford.

Post draining the engine oil the mechanic pointed out the following points.

1. The left strut is leaking and looks like it needs to be changed. I think it needs to be changed in pairs, is this wear and tear normal? The right strut looks OK.

2. The right drive shaft is leaking oil so the seal needs to be checked.The left one looks OK.

3. The power steering seems to be leaking too.

4. The aux pulley has micro cracks and needs to be replaced.

Is this normal wear and tear? Any pointers on the expected financial outlay?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-left-strut.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-right-strut.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-left-drive-shaft.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-right-drive-shaft.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-power-steering.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-aux-pulley.jpg  

Old 12th April 2015, 22:47   #9943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Saw the coolant temp touch 106c today in stop/go traffic.
The high temp warning did not come on. I turned off the AC when I saw it hit a 100 and it still climbed.
Did not hear the fan after turning off the AC., probably it was spinning at the low speed.

No changes felt while driving, but I was wondering how is high okay on the 1.2 engine.
Does that all the time. The 1.2 petrol engine really does not like stop go traffic at all! Its response is poorer after 5 km of typical Bangalore B2B commuting.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 10:55   #9944
Senior - BHPian

hey Folks, I have been getting some really nasty creaking sound from the front suspension for the last 10k kms. Sound mainly comes when I go over a bump aggressively and there is rapid suspension movement, doesn't come otherwise. When i complained during 20K service they said it was nothing un usual, but this time during 30K service they said that the tie rods need replacement and are the cause of the sound. Any past experience from ppl on the forum? Tie rods cost about 3K. I chose not to get it replaced due to my lack of trust on A.S.S in root causing the problem accurately. I intend to show it to my trusted neighbor hood garage once before finalizing. Suggestions?
Old 13th April 2015, 12:26   #9945
BHPian

With handbrake on, if I alight/get in the car, a creaking sound comes from rear of car. Appears to be some cable lacking lub. Anyone faced this and found a fix? Shown to ASS and they say its common.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks