Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:06   #10021
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I agree Polo is sluggish in 1st and 2nd gears especially the petrol version. However the ride quality is superb especially over pot holed roads. However now I have to try the Figo as well since you say that it is roadworthy.
Old 4th June 2015, 13:38   #10022
Senior - BHPian

It depends at what speed you go over bad roads. Cars with soft suspension like Hyundais and Hondas take bad roads in a plush manner at low speeds, unlike cars like Figo that have a hard suspension.

But at highway speeds, the opposite happens.I'm not sure of the Polo, but some members have reported that they are not happy with the soft suspension of the Vento, especially at the rear.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 21:39   #10023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It depends at what speed you go over bad roads. Cars with soft suspension like Hyundais and Hondas take bad roads in a plush manner at low speeds, unlike cars like Figo that have a hard suspension.
Totally agree, soft suspension setup works great over potholes at low speeds. Figo has a hard setup, it takes on corners with grace at speeds over 80. Sticks like a leech. Best ever handling hatch, ride quality though is slightly lower compared to the Polo I believe (drove a polo diesel).

You cant differentiate in the long run though.
Old 7th June 2015, 18:58   #10024
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone faced issue with fuel injectors for Figo?

Also, any idea about the cost of injector. My friends Figo had check engine light glowing, service centre is saying injector's has gone kaput and needs replacement. Price quoted is 16k.
Old 8th June 2015, 11:22   #10025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Also, any idea about the cost of injector. My friends Figo had check engine light glowing, service centre is saying injector's has gone kaput and needs replacement. Price quoted is 16k.
One of the fuel injectors on my car was replaced under warranty around 20000km. As per the billing it showed price was 24K, though I didnt have to bear the cost.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 12:10   #10026
BANNED

Quote:

Did the Ford ASC give your friend any DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code)?

Why not run a diagnostic scan yourself (if you have an OBD 2 dongle) and see what it throws up and later on decide the way forward.

Injectors are very costly and once it is changed there is a lot of work that goes into it to get it tuned and set for the car.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 12:29   #10027
BHPian

Quote:

I have found several instances (on this forum and other forums) where the injectors had to be replaced for the Figo.

And as I understand, there are two tell-tale signs for this problem. One is the sound of the engine (the sound is louder than the regular sound, and has a 'kit-kit') and second is a drop in fuel efficiency. The ASC can clearly identify it by using the OBD tool they have.

Yes, it is pretty expensive. However, I remember it to be around 12k about 6-7 months back.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 23:24   #10028
Senior - BHPian

Finally selling my Colorado red Dec 2010 Figo ZXi run 86000 Kms for 2.90 lakhs. Been a wonderful journey.
Old 9th June 2015, 10:23   #10029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Finally selling my Colorado red Dec 2010 Figo ZXi run 86000 Kms for 2.90 lakhs. Been a wonderful journey.
If I remeber correctly you have a diesel figo. So resale value of 2.90 lakhs sounds tad lower for a ZXI. Even used car valuation sites suggest higher price. Going by "been a wonderful journey" I assume that your car was niggle free and you got just 2.90L for your figo ? What was the on road price you had paid in 2010?

By the way which is your next car ?

Last edited by recshenoy : 9th June 2015 at 10:24.
Old 9th June 2015, 16:34   #10030
Senior - BHPian

Yes @recshenoy, but it's been in the market for a long time and the best offer was this. Even the tires and battery are virtually new, <5000kms. I'd advertised it for ₹3.75 lakhs. Absolutely niggle free except for absence of 7 seats.
Old 20th June 2015, 12:06   #10031
BHPian

Guys, my Figo TDCi's mileage has been hovering around 15 kmpl for 3k kms. Earlier I could get 17/18. What could be the reason? This number is consistent in city as well as highway conditions. Are there any tuning options for diesel engine that workshop could do during the next service? The car has completed 59k on the odo.
Old 20th June 2015, 12:27   #10032
BHPian

My figo Tdci is nearing 90K. So sent it for service to the ford workshop. I was informed that the engine is giving back compression and may seize anytime. The expense is about 80K+. This car has always gone to the authorised workshop for repairs and regular services. Infact, the same workshop everytime. I feel cheated that despite spending so much money on authorsed repaires and services, regular maintenance and single hand driven car, the engine fails at 90K. None of my other cars have had this issue earlier. Not even a ford Ikon.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 12:39   #10033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
My figo Tdci is nearing 90K. So sent it for service to the ford workshop. I was informed that the engine is giving back compression and may seize anytime. The expense is about 80K+. This car has always gone to the authorised workshop for repairs and regular services. Infact, the same workshop everytime. I feel cheated that despite spending so much money on authorsed repaires and services, regular maintenance and single hand driven car, the engine fails at 90K. None of my other cars have had this issue earlier. Not even a ford Ikon.
Have they shown you evidence?

You should take it outside.
They must be charging you for an overhaul, and full-on replacement of anything that falls in the way.
I had back compression on my fiesta, and the piston rings were shot. While the head was opened, I also got the Pistons and the con rods changed, just because my mech suggested that they may cause some more problems later on.
With that, the cost came to about 30k odd, and a service as well.

Youre out of warranty, and not happy with ford A.s.c, why stick to them?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 12:43   #10034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Have they shown you evidence?

Youre out of warranty, and not happy with ford A.s.c, why stick to them?

That seems like a good idea and I may just do that. But if it happens at 90K, it only talks about the Quality of the product
Old 20th June 2015, 13:34   #10035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, my Figo TDCi's mileage has been hovering around 15 kmpl for 3k kms. Earlier I could get 17/18. What could be the reason? This number is consistent in city as well as highway conditions. Are there any tuning options for diesel engine that workshop could do during the next service? The car has completed 59k on the odo.
Shipnil, I am also facing similar drop in mileage on my Fiesta Classic, in case you are able to find out the reason and/or solution please share it across. I have been to service center but they are not interested in spending time on investigating this :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks