Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 12:00   #2326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
BTW if someone can throw light which are the models launched (present & past) simultaneously in India as well .. I mean a global launch including India.
Hyundai i10 - Launched first in India.
New VW Polo - Launched a couple of months after being launched in
Europe. Even in China only old-gen Polo is sold.
Chevy Beat - Launched at the sametime in India and other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Guys whats the difference you feel b/w the Brazillian Figo and Indian Figo here?
the brazilians get a bumperrr at the back!!
Old 5th May 2010, 12:05   #2327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Both are actually city cars and of little or no use on the highway with 4 people and luggage. Figo has the boot for the luggage but no power, Punto has the extra power but no boot. So if he is looking for a good looking car, it should be Punto. And if he plans to cart around kids with their paraphernalia like prams, car seat, a small bag all the time, it's the Figo.
Hi bro, I beg to differ on these two points. For boot space, yes Figo has the largest boot in segment but it would be a little too much to mention that Punto has no boot.

Figo Boot Capacity = 284 L
Punto Boot Capacity = 280 L

Yes again, that both are primarily city cars but going by the long term ownership reviews on the forum, it seems Punto has come out as a wonderful highway hatch.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:18   #2328
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Hyundai i10 - Launched first in India.
New VW Polo - Launched a couple of months after being launched in
Europe. Even in China only old-gen Polo is sold.
Chevy Beat - Launched at the sametime in India and other countries.

the brazilians get a bumperrr at the back!!
Some amount of recognition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Its Diamond white, Ok i will try & get them changed. I hope you are mentioning the arm rest handles right?

Yes I know most of the people here are not happy with the FE of the figo TDCi but i saw 2 exceptional posts on team-bhp yesterday & they got a FE of 19 & 18 kmpl respectively, Dont remember the owner's names though.
Congrats Mustang. I think you were previously telling that you may pick 1.6 in the year end - right.
- 18 & 19 are better mileage with respect to the earlier FE reports. Has this feedback gone to Ford.
+1 - Black dash heating up is also needed to be looked into.

Last edited by RGK : 5th May 2010 at 12:27. Reason: corrected typo
Old 5th May 2010, 12:52   #2329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Hi bro, I beg to differ on these two points. For boot space, yes Figo has the largest boot in segment but it would be a little too much to mention that Punto has no boot.

Figo Boot Capacity = 284 L
Punto Boot Capacity = 280 L

Yes again, that both are primarily city cars but going by the long term ownership reviews on the forum, it seems Punto has come out as a wonderful highway hatch.
Absolutely agree, but because of the shape of the boot, the usable space available in Figo is much better. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely car, seriously considered buying a Punto in September and then cancelled and decided to wait for Polo and Figo.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:20   #2330
Senior - BHPian

Just like all other FIATs that have come and gone from the Indian Market. The Punto too is a brilliant package at that price point. The deal makers are the handling characteristics and the awesome looks. The deal breakers are the rear seat space and the FIAT badge.

Coming back to Figo. I had posted this earlier but did no one identified the thing is pic 1 and 2. Any help from you guys.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1865496

And where should i be looking to find the Turbo on the Ford TDCi Engine?
Old 5th May 2010, 19:37   #2331
BHPian

Hey,
My ZXI Diesel gives me only 15 km/l average. Mine has clocked 2100+ so far.
Can we sue Ford for misleading the customers?
Old 5th May 2010, 20:23   #2332
BHPian

There was 2 new Fiesta Hatches in the Chennai RMZ office today.

Not sure if they were imports or Indian prototypes, but they were there. I didnt see them, but a colleague did.

Quote:

The Bad part First : The New Fiesta sedan 'MAYNOT' be launching in India next year, ie: Dont expect the fiesta sedan in 2011. This decision is nearly 80% confirmed according to him & he says that this decision was taken as the current fiesta is already selling in good nos.

The Good Part : Expect The Fiesta Hatch to be launched next year & extensive testing has now started again. It will be launched after Q2 next year.

The Not so Ugly part :

The fiesta hatch is neither going to be cheap & nor is it going to be very expensive, Expect base model pricing to start at around 6 lacs ex-showroom delhi. <-----------Liable to change anytime without prior notice

The somewhat Ugly part :

All those waiting for a price drop in the current fiesta sedan at the end of this year, DONT WAIT! all you will get is another kind of limited edition for lower models & some other discounts on the higher end variants which are going to last only for a couple of months then.
Old 5th May 2010, 22:07   #2333
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the Black dash getting heated up, motherson is the vendor which supplies Plastic molding products to Ford.
Plastic Injection Molding, Gas Assisted Injection Molding, Blow Molding, 2K Molding and the windshield is supplied by Saint Gobian.
Old 6th May 2010, 06:22   #2334
BHPian

[E2H819A3]
Dash heating is not new my guess, if left in hot sun. Or does it get heated up at night too ?

Car left in hot sun, and the subsequent heating up of dash, does it have any impact on the on dash Airbag ?

Is Figo Airbag "SRS" kind ? its not written anywhere (on the airbag, manuals etc)
Old 6th May 2010, 09:49   #2335
BHPian

@ownerofazkaban, SRS simply stands for Supplemental Restraint System and is not a specific kind of airbag system. Hence, all airbags fall under SRS.
Old 6th May 2010, 11:20   #2336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
There was 2 new Fiesta Hatches in the Chennai RMZ office today.

Not sure if they were imports or Indian prototypes, but they were there. I didnt see them, but a colleague did.

See I told you that these cars are here, If you tell me the color then maybe i can tell you whether they aere imported ones or prototypes.

You will see a lot of them on roads next year !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
[E2H819A3]

Is Figo Airbag "SRS" kind ? its not written anywhere (on the airbag, manuals etc)

Yes they are SRS type.

@Spindoc : And all airbags are not SRS type, Some are SIR types too. But the Figo & Fiesta ones are SRS type. The SRS & SIR are two types of airbag systems.
Old 6th May 2010, 12:21   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
@Spindoc : And all airbags are not SRS type, Some are SIR types too. But the Figo & Fiesta ones are SRS type. The SRS & SIR are two types of airbag systems.
@Mustang, SRS and SIR are merely different terms used for airbags by different manufacturers. The simple logic behind the naming seems to be that airbags are not primary restraint systems, unlike seat belts.

This is from whatever I have read on the internet.
Old 6th May 2010, 13:09   #2338
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@Mustang, SRS and SIR are merely different terms used for airbags by different manufacturers. The simple logic behind the naming seems to be that airbags are not primary restraint systems, unlike seat belts.

This is from whatever I have read on the internet.
My bad! I saw SIR written on some cars in Europe & thought that it would be a different mechanism. I am no technical/Theoretical guy, I just analyze how long products will last & how much they deteriorate overtime & other stuff like this & most of my job is in the practical sense of life.

I must brush up my technical & sales knowledge now too.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 6th May 2010 at 13:10.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:47   #2339
BHPian

Thanks to GTO, for the most comprehensive review that I have ever read, on any car till date! The irony is it did not influence my purchase decision, as I started reading it the day after I had booked my Titanium Diesel.
Perhaps, for someone like me who is shifting from a petrol car to a diesel Figo for the first time, some driving tips, and things to avoid, especially during the run in period of the Figo?
Old 6th May 2010, 16:12   #2340
BHPian

Some questions while waiting for the car to arrive:
  1. Anyone with accurate numbers on what kind of impact activates the Airbags in a Figo?
  2. What is the cost of replacement of an inflated Airbag?
  3. Is this covered under insurance or is it consider Plastic or Cloth and hence, no support?
  4. Is it activated by Accelerometer or Bumper Sensors or Both?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks